Run with me

Snatched

In the weeks that had followed, Kyungsoo had set out determined to better his life. 

No longer was he going to live under his parents control. With the money he had, he began to look at cheap apartments in Busan. If he couldn't find anything there he was going straight up to Seoul no doubt. 

Besides looking around for apartments, Kyungsoo started to get out there and live his life more! 

He wanted to spend more time away from home, he got himself a job at the cafe nearby. Taking the advice the others had given him, he was going to open his own restaurant. When that would be was still undecided however, it wouldn't hurt to pick up experience in the meantime would it? 

When he was at home he would be with a maid or two in the kitchen making a complete mess of it. It always shocked his mum when she saw the state of the place but Kyungsoo didn't care. Heck, his brother who couldn't even cook to save his life helped out here and there. Whenever Kyungsoo was in the kitchen, he was there trying out various recipes and creating his own. If he was going to be a top restaurant owner, he was going to have to experiment! It's trial and error. 

In the past Kyungsoo would have rejected the offer, yet whenever his friends asked him to go out with them in the evening he was quick to accept. He didn't know why he hadn't accepted earlier! Whenever he went out with them, he had so much fun! Whether it was to watch a film, out for a meal or going to a few nightclubs that were around the area. 

Kyungsoo always had a great time. There would always be a guy or two who would start speaking to him, or a guy his friends would introduce him to. Things would go swimmingly until the guy asked Kyungsoo for his number or out for a date. Kyungsoo's mind was telling him to move on from Jongin and accept the fact he wouldn't be seeing him anytime soon. 

Yet he couldn't bring himself to do it... his heart was telling him that would be the wrong thing to do, that he should hang in there just that little bit longer...

~

"Where are you going?" his dad asked, Kyungsoo pausing by the door with a sigh 
"Out for a walk, I need to go out and clear my head for a while. If that's alright with you" Kyungsoo replied and walked out of the house before his dad could say anything else. 

It was always like this. Whenever he went out his parents would be there to ask him before he could even stick a finger out the door. Talk about controlling. The guy is nineteen, soon to be twenty and yet his parents are paranoid he'll run away again and get kidnapped that they're even trying to control where Kyungsoo goes and who he goes out with. 

Kyungsoo thought of running away back to Seoul numerous times. Some nights he would have a bag packed ready to go, but with a butler or two being paid extra a night to do a night shift, there was no way Kyungsoo was getting out anytime soon. He could try climbing out of his bedroom window, however there is a big drop from his window and the ground. He wasn't going to risk breaking a bone... or six...

Instead Kyungsoo opted for spending an hour or two out by himself. 

He never had a destination in mind. Sometimes he would go walk around and look in the shops, other times he would walk down by the water front. At the end of it all he would always end up at the park looking up at the sky. Reminiscing of the good times. 

There is something about you Do Kyungsoo... There is something about you that has made me mesmerised 

Your mind is probably telling you this is a bad idea but your heart is telling you the opposite. I'm glad you chose to listen to your heart 

If only he could have spent one more day with him. Smiling, Kyungsoo continued to lie there, closing his eyes and remembering every moment he shared with Jongin. Only to have it interrupted by something falling on his cheek. 

Something wet? 

This evening the heavens decided to open and pour onto Kyungsoo. Already soaked, Kyungsoo had managed to find shelter under a few trees. They didn't offer him the best protection out there, the rain was still seeping through here and there. 

"Brilliant" Kyungsoo muttered to himself, shivering slightly and hoping the rain would cease soon or at least die down so he could quickly run home. 

Sighing to himself, Kyungsoo frowned when he could no longer feel raindrops hitting the top of his head. Looking up, someone was holding an umbrella over his head. Why were they doing that? 

Kyungsoo was about to thank the person holding the umbrella over him, however as he turned over... well... no words can really describe that moment.

It would be too cheesy to say that time had stopped at that precise moment, but that's what Kyungsoo would tell people if they asked him. He would tell them that time stopped, his heart skipped a beat and he could feel his breath leave his body. 

Standing there in front of him with their caramel eyes and tanned skin, the person he thought deep down was dead... standing there in front of him, the person he had wanted to see for so long. He was there as clear as day. 

For a moment, Kyungsoo had stood there frozen. He didn't know what to do. He thought he was dreaming. He had to be dreaming. For almost four months he had gone by without hearing any news from him... and now... now Jongin was there right in front of him, reaching over to his thumb over Kyungsoo's cheek. 

"Hey Soo" 

That's all it took for Kyungsoo to run to him, to throw his arms around him, to have Jongin hold him just as tightly as Kyungsoo was holding him. 

"Four months" he whispered, breaking away so he could look Jongin in the eyes, placing his hands on his cheeks to make sure he was indeed real 
"Four months I waited for news. I thought you were dead!" he said as tears began running down his cheek. 

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry Soo" Jongin replied, lightly pecking Kyungsoo on the forehead 
"W-where have you been?" Kyungsoo asked, finally taking his hands away from Jongin's face. 

"Running, hiding. Me and Kris, yes we're not guilty for what Yunho had done in the past... but we killed Yoochun and we're suppose to be brought to trial. Kris is running to China and I've been running all over the place" Jongin replied. 

"I spent some time recovering in hospital. The others explained why you were gone... but I was still expecting you to be there for me every morning I woke up there. Minseok came to tell me about the arrest. It would be easy for Kris to get but not me. So Sehun took me to Incheon with him when I was discharged. After I was back on my feet, I went back to Seoul for a while then down to Mokpo and finally here" he explained. 

"So what are you going to do now?" Kyungsoo asked 
"Minseok can't keep turning a blind eye for much longer. Sooner or later there are going to be police across the country looking for me. So I'm fleeing myself" Jongin replied. 

"Y-you're leaving again?" Kyungsoo asked as Jongin nodded 
"I'm not sure where, but I had to come see you one last time before I fled" he replied but Kyungsoo was not having that. He had just got Jongin back, he wasn't letting him go again! 

"Take me with you" he said 
"Soo I can't do that" Jongin replied
"Yes you can! I've just gotten you back I'm not losing you again!" Kyungsoo exclaimed. 

"B-but what about your family? Your friends? What about opening up a restaurant like the others tried to convince you to do?" Jongin asked 
"My friends will understand I've explained it to them. Jongin I feel like a prisoner in my home I need to escape! I can't take it! And forget about the restaurant for now. I want to be with you. I don't care if we have to flee to New York or live in some hillside village on the Himalayas" Kyungsoo replied, making Jongin smile. 

"So you're really willing to run away with me? Throw everything here away for me?" he asked 
"There is no other person on this planet I'd run with but you" Kyungsoo replied before pulling Jongin in for a kiss. 

Sure it was risky. Heck some would call Kyungsoo an idiot for doing this. But love is a powerful thing. When you love someone and they love you just as much, you're willing to do so much for them as they are for you. Kyungsoo loves Jongin. He hadn't realised just how much he loved Jongin until the two of them were separated. As Kyungsoo sat there with Jongin waiting for the ambulance, fearing that he may die. It was then he realised how much Jongin had meant to him. 

The future at the moment was uncertain for the two of them. Who knows how long it would be in returning to Korea after they fled. However as long of the two of them were together and were there to help each other through the good times and the bad times, Kyungsoo couldn't think of anything but being with Jongin for as long as it was possible... 

~

The trial was drawing to an end. He no longer had to give evidence. Whilst he felt as though he should have been as guilty as Yunho for his part in everything, they let him go. Just a few more weeks to get everything sorted and he would be on the first plane back to China. 

After so long away from his home, from his father, Yixing would finally be going back. Something he had yearned for since the day he was taken away. Yet as he thought about it and remembered that had happened throughout his time here... he wasn't sure if he wanted to leave or not. 

Walking out of court, Yixing ignored anyone and everyone who ran over to him to ask him questions about the trial and about himself. All he wanted to do was just go back to the apartment and get everything packed and ready to go. He just wanted to be alone and in peace. 

Turning the corner, Yixing paused and frowned when he saw Joonmyun leaning against the wall. 

What was he doing here? 

Was he waiting for Yixing? 

But... why would Joonmyun be waiting for him? After everything he had done to him. 

"Hi" Joonmyun said, kicking himself away from the wall, watching Yixing's every move 
"H-hi"...