Cold

Snatched

For the few days he had been locked up Kyungsoo was starting to increasingly feel worse by the day. At first it was the fact that he couldn't stop sneezing, then it turned into headaches and Kyungsoo knew that, much to his dismay, he was catching a cold. 

~

"Can you please turn on a radiator or something?" Kyungsoo asked for the umpteenth time that night as Jongin groaned 
"No I can't" he replied moodily 
"Why not?" Kyungsoo whined 
"Because I'm warm enough as it is" Jongin replied. 

"Just because you're warm doesn't mean I'm warm" Kyungsoo muttered as Jongin sighed 
"Go to sleep" he said loudly and with that said no more whilst Kyungsoo cursed under his breath and wrapped himself up as much as he coul into his blanket, trying to get to sleep.

~

For anyone who plans on becoming friends with Kyungsoo should know that he is not a morning person. He would rather much prefer if you just left him there to wake up naturally instead of wake him up early in the morning... much to his annoyance when he felt someone continuously poke him on the cheek that morning... 

"Leave me alone" he whined pulling his blanket over him before it was ripped of 
"Time to wake up princess" Jongin said as Kyungsoo glared at him and sat up 
"I was sleeping" he muttered moodily and Jongin shrugged his shoulders. 

"Tough, come eat your breakfast now or you can starve until lunch time" he replied and walked out leaving Kyungsoo there to mutter to himself before he slowly got up and made his way out to the kitchen to join the others. 

Today was just like the previous days he had been there. He would walk out into the kitchen and everybody would already be there eating their breakfast. Sometimes Joonmyun cooked and sometimes Yixing cooked depending on whether Yixing was rushing about to get ready for work. Nobody else dared to help oh no! They were too busy with planning on where next they were going smuggle stuff in or smuggle stuff out of the country. 

"You've hardly touched your breakfast" Yixing said watching as Kyungsoo pushed his plate away 
"I'm not hungry" he muttered as Yixing leant forward and felt his forehead 
"You're burning up!" he exclaimed before quickly walking over so he was in front of Kyungsoo. 

"And you sound croaky, open up and say 'ah'" to which Kyungsoo did 
"We need to take him to the doctors" Yixing said 
"Nope" Kris replied instantly 
"It's just a cold" Kyungsoo muttered. 

"Kris, he's ill. He's burning up and his throat is red!" Yixing said 
"And if we take him to the doctors and people see him they'll know he's the missing boy. If they see him with us then they'll most likely call the police because we're bad news right now. If the police get hold of us then that's the end of us" Kris replied. 

"We can't just keep him locked up" Yixing exclaimed 
"Drug him up with some paracetamol and let him rest. Tao can stay with him to make sure he doesn't keel over" Kris replied 
"Kris I really think we should listen to Yixing on this one" Joonmyun said when he saw the state of Kyungsoo. Everyone else was beginning to worry about him a little. 

"Unless he is danger of dying he is not stepping out of this house" Kris said slowly growing impatient 
"Now drug him up and leave him with Tao or so help me!" he added and walked away, ignoring any other protest that was thrown at him. 

~

Kyungsoo hated being ill. Well nobody likes being ill really. You sit there not being able to breathe through your nose because it's blocked, your body feels like it's constantly on fire and your senses are thrown all over the place so you're not really able to function properly. 

Before Yixing left for work, he made sure to make Kyungsoo as comfortable as he could on the sofa in the living room. Instructing Tao on when to give him tablets and to make sure he drank a lot, he opened the windows to try and let some breeze in to cool Kyungsoo down before he finally left. Much to Tao's relief. 

Kyungsoo was just hoping he wouldn't be as awkward as Baekhyun was. 

"Kris doesn't mean to be a jerk all the time" Tao said as Kyungsoo looked up at him and frowned 
"What?"
"He may act cold... but he doesn't mean it. He may act heartless but he's just really trying to protect everyone, keep them away from danger" Tao explained and Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. 

"So he'd rather risk my health instead?" he asked and Tao opened his mouth to say something but quickly closed it again and shook his head 
"It's not for me to say. He does worry about people... even you to some extent... let's just say that Kris is pretty important to everyone who lives in apartment" he said.

"Oh really?" Kyungsoo asked and Tao nodded his head 
"If it wasn't for him, some of us would be in even stickier and worse situations than we are in now" he said before helping Kyungsoo to sit up. 

"It's time for your next tablet" he said and didn't mention the conversation about Kris again. Instead he just sat in the seat across from Kyungsoo and watched television whilst Kyungsoo slept until the others had arrived back from whatever it was they were doing...


"How is Kyungsoo being sick got anything to do with a story about him being kidnapped?" 

Au contraire amigo's!! 

Next chapter something is going to happen. Whilst this isn't really the case for Kyungsoo in reality, it is in the story and it's going to put the others in a certain predicament about what to do next. 

Also!! To help those who are confused about trying to guess who the mole is; 

A) It's obviously not Kyungsoo. He just ran away from and happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. We'll find out more about his life in future chapters as with the others as well. 

B) Do you really think that Luhan being a seventeen year old exchange student from China is really going to be a mole? 

That takes two suspects away

Until the next chapter!!