Readjusting

Snatched

For three months now Kyungsoo had spent every waking moment trying to see if he could find out anything with what was going on with Jongin and the others. 

Everyday since he was brought back home he would be out there searching for some news, any news to give him some sort of understanding. 

As soon as he would wake up, he would turn the television on to check the news. Just the other day it was showing Yunho, Changmin and Junsu being taken to court to go to trial, unfortuantely it couldn't have been all four of them; Jaejoong was killed in the gun fight that broke out. 

Bits of the trial were shown on television nearly everyday. Kyungsoo would watch it like a hawk, hoping that Kris or one of the others would come up and give evidence. Maybe even Jongin! But that wouldn't be for a while and even if one of them came up to give evidence... they would surely be blocked away from television audiences. 

He didn't give up hope though. 

If the television proved to be useless, he need only to look in the newspapers. He didn't want to, but it actually came as a sort of comfort when everyday he would turn to the obituaries and scan it to find that Jongin was not on there. Maybe, just maybe, he was alright. 

"You're becoming too obsessed with this Kyungsoo" his dad said one day, getting ready for work whilst his son sat in the living room with his eyes glued to the television 
"You need to forget about this now. What's done is done and you need to just let it all go and come back to reality". 

But how could Kyungsoo just let it all go? 

Heck, he wasn't even sure if his life was ever going to be normal again! 

He was use to waking up every morning and seeing Yixing or Joonmyun there making breakfast for everyone. He was use to having Kris sat there telling everyone what their plans were for the day whilst Kyungsoo was just expected to sit there and do nothing. He was use to the adventure and craziness the others seemed to bring to him every single day he was there with them. 

It was hard for him in the first few days when he was bought home. Some nights he would wake up and walk into the kitchen expecting to find Yixing there to talk to him about his worries. Some nights he would wake up thinking that Jongin was in his bed sleeping right next to him. It was never the case though, usually he would walk into the kitchen and find his brother there working on a project, when he woke up it turned out that Jongin was actually the family dog lying there to give Kyungsoo a on the face before jumping out. 

Readjusting to a life he wanted to escape from was going to be very difficult for Kyungsoo...

~

Yixing was on the television

He was there right in front of Kyungsoo's eyes giving evidence at the trial. He didn't hold back, he told the judge and the jury everything they wanted to hear. 

He still looked the same. Apart from the bags under his eyes and how petrified he currently looked, he was still the Yixing that Kyungsoo could remember. 

"This just came for you" his mum said, walking into the living room to hand Kyungsoo a letter. When she looked and saw what her son was watching she rolled her eyes and tried to turn the television off. However Kyungsoo was quicker than her and managed to grab the remote before she could lay her hands on it. 

"Are you still watching this?" she asked with a huff 
"Indeed I am" Kyungsoo muttered, looking at the envelope to see if he could recognise whose writing it was. 

"Seriously Soo i don't see why you're so obsessed with this" his mum said 
"You know perfectly well why" Kyungsoo replied, opening the envelope up and taking the letter out, ready to read. 

"And I wish you would stop! Why are you so obsessed with finding out news about those vile men who kidnapped you?" his mum asked 
"Don't call them that! In fact stop calling them names!" Kyungsoo exclaimed, standing up from his seat to face his mum. 

"They didn't do anything to me besides that! They didn't starve me or beat me. Heck, when I had a reaction to something I ate they took me to the hospital straight away to get checked out. I was free to do what I wanted to do. I felt complete with them. I felt free and yet when I'm here I feel like I'm being kept as a prisoner!"  he exclaimed, his mum taken aback slightly at his outburst. 

"You don't mean that" she said quietly 
"Oh believe me I do! I originally ran away because I felt a prisoner in my own house. At least when I was with them I felt free! I'm nineteen for crying out loud and yet you and dad are always keeping me in a tight grip a-"

"Enough!" his mum shouted, interrupting Kyungsoo 
"We've told you plenty of times before; we are doing this for your own good! And whilst you live under our house unfortunately you live by our rules" to which Kyungsoo scoffed and rolled his eyes. 

"Well then, I think it's time I moved out. Don't you?" and walked away to his room, leaving his mum there with agape. 

~

Eventually Kyungsoo had calmed down enough to read the letter that was sent to him. He didn't have a clue on who would write to him or why. It came as a huge shock to Kyungsoo when he found out the letter had come from Baekhyun. 

How the heck did Baekhyun know his adress? 

That didn't matter right now! What mattered is that Baekhyun had written to him! 

Kyungsoo, 

How are you? It seems like such a long time since we last saw each other... You have no idea how much myself and the others miss you! Even though he would hate to admit it; even Kris misses you.

You know, you were right; there are so many other possibilities out there for us.

The other day we all moved out of Yixing's apartment. Tao got us all to sit down and talk to him, hear his side like you asked us to. Things aren't perfect with him... but at least Kris and Joonmyun didn't kill him and we all actually got to hear his side of the story. He really was sorry for everything he'd done... but he and all of us know things will never be the same again... 

We've all gone our separate ways now. Of course we'll still keep in touch with each other! After everything we've been through we're just going to ditch each other like that? Pfft no way! We're just going out and doing things to make our lives better like you told us to! Sehun managed to track his grandfather down in Incheon, currently he's living there and working in the family business... that and sharing most of him time with that Lu kid who is close to finishing him time here in Korea.

Joonmyun just has to take an exam and he should be going to start university... don't ask me what the course is I always blank out when he tells me. Kris and Tao are going back to China. Tao's volunteering at an orphanage whilst also giving classes at some martial arts school. Kris is going... well... basically he's one the run. He's running so he doesn't have to go to trial for that Yoochun guy's murder. They leave on the 18th.

As for me? Somehow Chanyeol managed to convince me to join him and Minseok. There is no way in hell though I'm helping them catch criminals. I've done enough of catching enemies in my lifetime. I'm doing desk work!

So yeah... I don't really know how to end this... perhaps if you come up to Seoul again one day we'll be able to meet and catch up. Thank you. Thank you for everything.

Your brother for life,

Baekhyun

After reading the letter, Kyungsoo could feel tears in his eyes. Hugging the letter to his chest, he realised it was finally time to let go. The others had moved on and so it was time it he should as well. 

What aggitated him the most about the letter though was that Baekhyun did not mention Jongin once. Where was he? Was he alright? Was he even alive? 

Taking the letter as an indication, Kyungsoo could only use this as a sign that perhaps Jongin was not alright...

Wiping the tears away and running a hand through his hair, it was there that Kyungsoo was finally going to let it go. What's done is done. Now was the time to move on with his life, move on from his parents! Kyungsoo was going to live his life the way he wanted it... 


Hate to break it to you guys, but the story is ending in the next chapter...

Now I know you guys won't want this to end but I've basically covered everything that I had originally planned when first beginning this story. Plus I have another fic to attend to and a beauty of a fic (I think) that I thought of this morning. 

Don't worry, the way I will end the next chapter, I think it's going to be nice in how I leave it. Trust me. 

Until then!