Warmth

Snatched

Kyungsoo woke up the next morning frowning. He was hot. Too hot for his liking. Rubbing his eyes, he went to turn over and hopefully got to sleep but paused when he felt something next to him. 

Finally being able to wake up properly his eyes widened and Kyungsoo nearly jumped out of his skin when he saw Jongin sleeping right next to him. 

"Five more minutes" Jongin groaned when he felt someone move next to him 
"What the hell are you doing here?" Kyungsoo asked, nudging him awake as Jongin whined and slowly opened his eyes. When he himself noticed the situation that the two of them were currently in, it was his turn for his eyes to widen... although he didn't seem to freak out as much as Kyungsoo was right now. 

"Sorry" he muttered as he sat up and stretched his arms 
"Sorry?" 
"Yeah, the matress on the floor deflated during the night. I didn't want to particularly sleep on the sofas so I slept next to you" Jongin replied as if there was nothing wrong with his response. 

"You couldn't share a bed with someone else?" Kyungsoo asked watching as Jongin got out of bed and ruffled his already messy hair 
"You were sleeping. It's not as if I was going to do anything to you" he replied and walked out of the room leaving a stunned Kyungsoo in bed. What was that all about? 

~

When Kyungsoo eventually ventured out of the bedroom he was surprised to find that nobody was there. 

There was evidence to suggest that the others had been in the kitchen earlier, what with dirty dishes left here and there. Kyungsoo though wasn't in the mood for cereal or a fried breakfast. He wanted something light but would fill him up until at least lunch time. 

With a note left from Yixing reminding him to take his tablets Kyungsoo started exploring the cupboards to see if he could make himself something to eat. 

'Man these cupboards are bare' he thought to himself making a mental note to remind Yixing that now would be a good time to do some decent shopping... wait... that made it sound like he was staying in the place forever. Which he didn't plan on doing may Kyungsoo add in his defence! He has no reason to stay in the place associated with a bunch of people who have other out to get them! 

"What are you doing?" a voice asked making Kyungsoo jump and bang his head on the cupboard 
"Ow that hurt" he groaned holding the spot where he hit his head before another hand joined his and rubbed the spot. 

"You still haven't answered my question" the voice said again and when Kyungsoo looked up saw Jongin looking down at him 
"I'm hungry. I want breakfast but by the looks of things there's nothing to eat" Kyungsoo replied as Jongin finally stopped rubbing his head 
"You should be resting" he said 
"But-" Kyungsoo began but was only met with Jongin shaking his head and pointing towards the sofa. 

"And I'll cook you breakfast. Yixing left me with a recipe for you before he left for work" he added and got about to making Kyungsoo some grub whilst said guy sat there frowning 
"Why are you here?" he asked 
"It's my turn to babysit you" Jongin replied simply to which Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. 

"I don't need anyone babysitting me" he said and scoffed when Jongin shot him a look. Who does this kid think he is? 

~

With a chicken soup which didn't kill him finished Kyungsoo was finally allowed to sit back and relax without Jongin watching his every move or forcing him to eat more to the point where his stomach was about to burst. 

This was for Kyungsoo quite a weird situation for him. Just days ago he and Jongin hated each other, now they were acting civilised and not as though Jongin had thrown Kyungsoo in the van which made the latter slap him across the face. How could they have become so comfortable with each other so quickly? 

"What made you start doing this?" Kyungsoo asked 
"Do what?"
"Join Kris, trade illegally and shoot people" Kyungsoo replied making Jongin laugh a little. 

"You make me out like a cold, viscious murderer" he said 
"Well you did shoot that guy" Kyungsoo replied 
"Only because he's the bad guy and would have done the same to us" Jongin replied 
"You still haven't answered my first question" Kyungsoo said making Jongin frown. 

"Why are you so interested?" he asked 
"Well everyone has a reason as to why they're doing this. I'm curious" Kyungsoo replied and Jongin smiled. 

"It was actually Joonmyun who got me into this" he said 
"Him? Really?" 
"Yeah he and I, we share similar pasts. Though it may look like I'm closest to Kris I have so much more respect for Joonmyun" Jongin said and left it at that. 

Curiosity though was getting to Kyungsoo. He wanted to know more. He wanted to know why Jongin respected Joonmyun so much more when it was obvious that Kris ran the place. 

"How come?" he asked 
"Being nosy gets you nowhere princess. Didn't mummy and daddy tell you that?" Jongin replied with a grin 
"But if you really want to know... of course you'll have to tell me about your past in return. Seems only fair" he added and there was a pause before Kyungsoo nodded in agreement. 

"Alright then, but you have to go first" he said and Jongin opened his mouth to speak before the door opened and everyone else clamboured into the place 
"Maybe some other time" he said and got up to greet the others whilst Kyungsoo sat there and huffed. 

"Where do you think you're going?" Kris asked when he saw Baekhyun make his way towards the door 
"You know where" was all he said and walked away. Nobody stopping him whilst Kris muttered under his breath. 

"Where is he going?" Kyungsoo piped up 
"To see that friend of his" Sehun replied 
"Even though it is very risky" Tao added and Kyungsoo frowned. 

"If it's risky... why do you let him do it?" he asked 
"We all use to have lives before we started doing this. Baekhyun is trying to keep that tiny little part of his old life with him" Joonmyun replied but that didn't really help Kyungsoo. That just made him just as confused as he already was... 


Hey guys!! :D 

Apologies for the lack of updating this week!  

On Tuesday I went back to school after the Easter holidays and yesterday I had my first proper exam of the year, therefore I was revising like crazy for that. ALSO! Because exam season has started to roll in at school, I may not be able to update as much as I would have originally so please bare with me on this :) 

Back to the story. I think I'll leave it a chapter or two before the big trade with the people from Africa. This leaves me with a little bit of OTP bonding such as with Kaisoo above which you are so desparately craving from reading the comments! However small the bonding may be. I imagine this story being a long one, therefore we can't have the pairings falling for each other so quickly can we? 

Finally, this chapter is called warmth because of Kai sleeping in bed with D.O at the beginning of the chapter... for anyone who happens to be curious... 

Until the next chapter!!