Down to business

Snatched

A kiss is a powerful thing 

When nothing else can be said or done, a kiss can do all the talking and pour out one's emotions. Jongin let the kiss do the talking, showing Kyungsoo the emotion and passion that he couldn't quite convey in his speech. 

Kyungsoo could feel it. At the time he didn't know what he felt but it made him want to hold onto the kiss longer. Whenever Jongin tried to move away he would pull him straight back in, wanting to keep the moment there for as long as possible. 

"We're gonna have to come up for air at some point" Jongin said, finally breaking the kiss and resting his forehead against Kyungsoo's who laughed breathily as he tried to catch his breath 
"Way to ruin a moment" he replied croakily and felt his heart leap when Jongin took his hand and placed light kisses on it, the two of them staying like this for a moment before Kyungsoo spoke up again. 

"What you said then you mean it, right?" he asked and bit his lip as Jongin separated from him and looked him in the eyes 
"Does it look like I was lying to you?" he replied 
"W-well I'm not going to know am I? I've never had someone confess to me before" Kyungsoo said before blushing at the last part of his statement making Jongin grin.

"Well I can assure you I meant every word that I said" he replied and Kyungsoo sat there trying to take everything in... he just couldn't though! Was this seriously happening to him? 

"I still can't take this seriously. Like is this happening to me? My mind is telling me this is so wrong" he muttered and heard Jongin sigh as he took Kyungsoo's hand and placed it onto his chest. 

"What do you feel?" he asked 
"My heart beating like it's about to pop out of my chest" Kyungsoo replied as Jongin shook his head 
"What do you feel?" he asked again 
"I don't know what you mean" Kyungsoo muttered. 

"Sure, your chest is beating erratically. But is it out of fear? Out of regret? Excitement?" Jongin asked 
"I-I don't know... maybe out of shock or relief" Kyungsoo replied with a shrug of his shoulders whilst Jongin smiled 
"Your mind is probably telling you this is a bad idea but your heart is telling you the opposite. I'm glad you chose to listen to your heart" he said and kissed Kyungsoo on the forehead before getting off of the bed. 

"Where are you going?" Kyungsoo asked 
"Well you're tired aren't you? And besides it's bedtime" Jongin replied and smiled 
"Don't worry, I'll still be here when you wake in the morning" and with that exited Kyungsoo's room. 

Hearing the click of the door, Kyungsoo slumped back into bed and stared at the ceiling, still clutching his heart. It took a minute or so for everything to sink in before he could do nothing but laugh. Laugh as loud as he could and out of relief. This was actually happening to him! 

~

Walking towards his bedroom, Jongin paused and looked up to see Joonmyun sat in the kitchen staring at him 
"Well I must say, that was smooth Kim Jongin very smooth indeed" he said 
"What are you on about?" Jongin asked 
"That back there with Kyungsoo. Heard everything. Never knew you had it in you to be like that" Joonmyun replied and grinned when he saw Jongin's expression. 

"Oh don't look like that" he began, walking over and petting Jongin on the cheek
"I'm not going to tell anyone" and with that walked back to his room and left Jongin there groaning. 

Great 

If Joonmyun now knows, how long would it be before the others found out and it wasn't from him or Kyungsoo? 

~

"Right listen up guys" Kris said over breakfast the next morning 
"We've had enough time off now to get our heads around things, calm down and have some chill time. From this moment onward whether you like it or not, we're going to start cracking down and getting back to business again" he finished and expecting some sort of protest, was actually surprised when the others agreed with him again. 

"Alright then. We'll start of slowly so we get back into the swing of things again. I have a list of everything we need and who is doing what which I'll go through later" he finished and went back to his breakfast. 

Truth be told, the others were actually quite excited to get back to working. Including Baekhyun! They were actually becoming quite bored with sitting around and doing nothing so it came as a relief to them when Kris finally announced that they were going to start doing stuff again. 

"You alright?" Baekhyun asked when he saw how stiff Yixing had become 
"Fine. Perfectly fine" he replied and quickly went back to his breakfast. 

Of course he wasn't fine 

He was never fine! 

If the others were going to start getting back into the swing of things, then it wouldn't be long before Yunho caught on. If Yunho was growing tired of all of this stalling the last time Yixing had met with him, he could only think of what the man was capable of doing the next time... 


Dum, dum, dum... 

Hey guys!! :D 

So I'm going to start of by explaining why I included that Muse song in the last chapter because I have a pretty cool explanation lined up and I don't want to waste it. It's my story I can do what I want! 

I picked Muse's Madness for the confession part last chapter for a number of reasons. Not purely because I love the song and it sits at probably number 3 of my top 10 all time songs I love. The first reason being that when writing chapter 14 I was listening to the song and the scene rushed into my head. Wrote it down, saved for later use. 

Besides that, the lyrics fit so well! Matt Bellamy repeats throughout 'Now I realise' in the song. Jongin last chapter realises his feelings for Kyungsoo (finally) and potentially the other way round. The song is called Madness and that effectively is their realtionship. Madness. These two are very different people with different backgrounds. One ran away from pushy parents and the other shot a guy in the head. How could these two people have a relationship? It's crazy. It's mad. Hence the song choice. So yeah... I thought I was pretty creative there... 

Sorry if the beginning of the chapter was super cheesy! 

Until the next time!!