Countdown

Snatched

The calm never lasts for long 

It would be too odd for one's life to continue on a constant up of happiness and luck. Whenever it feels that everything is going just right, there is always one surprise around the corner to screw it all up and throw everyone into turmoil. 

There is always a calm before the storm 

"Why do you guys keep accussing him? He's not the one to blame!" Joonmyun exclaimed 
"Well who else is there to blame? All the evidence points towards him" Kris replied, trying to calm his friend down 
"No! He is not the one to blame. Any minute now Yixing is going to walk through that door like he usually does and you'll see that everything is fine. He will prove to you guys that he is not doing anything wrong and you've just accussed the wrong person" Joonmyun replied. 

Kris wanted to deny it as much as Joonmyun was at this moment. He wanted to turn around and prove to people that Yixing was not the mole. From the minute he and Sehun got the lead though, it was impossible to blame anyone but Yixing. As hard as it was to face the idea, it was the truth. Kris had learned to face it and now it was Joonmyun's turn. 

"Joonmyun pl-" 
"No! You're lying he wouldn't do something like this" Joonmyun interrupted as the door to the apartment opened and both whipped their heads around to see Yixing walk in. 

"You see, he's back now" Joonmyun replied turning to walk over but stopped when he saw the expression on Yixing's face 
"What's wrong?" he asked, noticing how worried and scared Yixing looked. 

"I-I'm... I'm so sorry"... 

Two days earlier 

Today was the day that Yixing was going to go back and try to live his life as normally as he could. He was just going to throw himself back into work and work his worries and guilty conscience away. The more he worked the less he concentrated on the challenges that he was faced with at present. 

"Are you sure you want to go back to work today?" Kyungsoo asked at breakfast 
"I'm sure. I've had enough time off of work and if I spend anymore time off I'm going to get cabin fever" Yixing replied and shot Kyungsoo a not so convincing smile before he went to finish getting ready. 

Kyungsoo was not entirely convinced. It was obvious that Yixing was still hurt and needed to rest. Heck, if he was promised so much time away from work with the pay Yixing was on, he would take it! No way would he be going back earlier! Who in their right mind would? That's what confused Kyungsoo so much. 

"There better be a good breakfast waiting for us" Baekhyun groaned, stepping out of his room and into the kitchen with Sehun closely behind him 
"If there is one thing I didn't miss when we had our break, it was the ridiculous times we had to wake up in the morning" he grumbled, the two of them distracting Kyungsoo from his previous worry of Yixing as he quickly grabbed to plates to hand them their breakfast and shut them up with their whining. 

~

Work was suppose to be helping him. Work was suppose to be distracting him. It was suppose to be keeping him busy and not becoming to preoccupied with the issue at hand. 

Like hell was it helping 

From the minute Yixing had stepped into the chemist and announced he was ready to start working again, he instantly regretted the decision. Back in his apartment he was safe, he was able to go about without having to worry that someone was waiting there to strike at him. He had the others with him.

The minute he stepped out of the apartment and away from the others, he was exposed. He became an open target. Without Kris and the others by his side, he was finally weak. For most of the day paranoia was beginning to set in. Yixing always had a feeling of uneasiness in the pit of his stomach. He was so scared that at any minute Yunho was going to come out and take him away. He knew what Yunho was capable of. 

For most of the day he thought that he was being watched. If one was to walk past the chemist, they would just keep seeing an employee constantly look out the window towards the bustling streets in front of him. Eyes wide in fear, shaking breaths. This was becoming too much for him. 

"Excuse me" came a voice, snapping Yixing out of his trance as he turned to the elderly woman in front of him 
"Yes, hello, sorry about that. How can I help you?" he replied. 

The feeling was still there for the rest of the day. Yixing could feel it for a while now. He knew it was only a matter of time. 

The storm was rising in the distance... 


Oooo I love teasing you guys like this >:D 

Until the next chapter!!