Like a married couple...

Snatched

The time that Kyungsoo had spent with the others, he had never really had the chance to speak to them all on a personal level and feel like they were his friend rather than one of the people who kidnapped him. Sure he considered himself kind of close to Yixing... but that was sort of because Yixing had this warmth to him which kind of reminded Kyungsoo of his mum, when she wasn't being all pushy and controlling of course... 

Now that he was sat in a coffee shop with Tao, it felt weird. Like Kyungsoo hadn't been kidnapped in the first place and was basically with him to get checked up after an ambush. They could have passed as ordinary people living ordinary lives. Two friends meeting up over a lunch break perhaps. But they were far from that now! 

"Ah this tastes so good!" Tao exclaimed, smiling contently as he drank his hot chocolate, frowning when he saw Kyungsoo just sat there 
"Drink up!" he said but Kyungsoo was hesitant to 
"What if someone see's me?" he asked as Tao shook his head.

"Oh please! Me and Baekhyun come here all the time and neither the police nor Yunho have found us yet" he said and with that Kyungsoo pulled his mask down and slowly began sipping his drink 
"It is good!" he said and smiled when he saw Tao roll his eyes but smile himself 
"Told you this place was good!". 

~

"They should be back by now!" Kris exclaimed throwing his hands in the air and began pacing the room once again 
"Oh calm down! They probably just got called in late, that does happen" Joonmyun replied but Kris didn't find that comforting. If the two ran into trouble well they were screwed weren't they? Tao was too injured right now and Kyungsoo didn't really look like the type of person who could defend himself when it came to situations like that, Kris only had to remember Kyungsoo's reaction to Jongin chucking him into the van to confirm this. 

"What's he nagging about this time?" Yixing asked from the kitchen 
"That Tao and Kyungsoo are taking too long" Joonmyun replied 
"Ah leave them to it" he said with a wave of his hand before wipping some sweat away from his forehead. 

"And I would appreciate it if you two helped me clean this place up. Last time I checked you guys were cooking the other night and not me!" he added holding up a plate before his eyes widened 
"What the hell did you cook?". 

Hearing Yixing shriek like that, the two of them wished they had gone out instead of deciding that they would stay to keep a look out for Kyungsoo and Tao and to keep an eye on Yixing... 

~

"So how did you and Kris meet?" Kyungsoo asked, curiosity finally taking over him. For a moment though he didn't get a response and thought that Tao wasn't going to tell him. Uh oh... was being too nosy? 

"You don't have to answer" he said quickly 
"No it's fine. I was just thinking on how to word it" Tao replied and the two sat in silence before Tao nodded his head and began speaking. 

"I wasn't a good child. I grew up arguing with my parents a lot because they weren't like others. Instead of caring for me they just pushed me to the side and forgot about me most of the time. When the money could have been spent on the stuff we needed they spent it on the stuff they wanted" he began and Kyungsoo nodded, silently urging for him to carry on. 

"As I got older I basically began doing the complete of what my parents wanted me to do. I use to hang out with the wrong people and get into so many fights that at one point I was almost kicked out of school. Then there was this whole me and my parents argued a lot business and I told them I hated them blah blah blah" he said and waved his hand. It wasn't as though that part wasn't important, he was just uncomfortable with telling Kyungsoo this part.

"Fast forward to when I was about fifteen... I use to fight people a lot! Like you would see crowds and sometimes they would pay you if they thought you were good enough. It was around that time I met Kris. He was just watching with these other people who looked way too old to be with him and afterwards hung about to speak to me. He asked me why I did this and when I explained why he asked me to come with him". 

"What just like that?" Kyungsoo asked and Tao nodded 
"I'm not even sure why. I ask him but he never tells me. He's never told me or anyone else how he got into this come to think of it. Anyway, I didn't even think of it, I wanted to get away from my parents and I had to get away from all the fighting so I tagged along, learnt the art and about two years later we landed in Korea where we eventually met Joonmyun and Jongin" he finished and smiled. 

"The last part made you sound like a married couple" Kyungsoo said making the two of them laugh 
"Shame Kris doesn't see it like that" Tao muttered 
"What do you mean?" Kyungsoo asked and Tao bit his lip about to shake his head before he sighed, drinking his hot chocolate before he began to speak again. 

"He knows how I feel for him... but he didn't return them... in layman terms; I was friendzoned" he said 
"Oh"
"But it doesn't matter! You know? We're still friends and he doesn't treat me differently" Tao quickly added and Kyungsoo nodded 
"Of course" he replied and Tao smiled before checking his watch. 

"Come on we should be getting back now". 

Walking back the atmosphere felt quite different to what it was this morning. It didn't feel like the two were the best of friends now who would share everything with each other... they just felt more comfortable than they had done originally. 

"Where have you been?" Kris instantly asked when they walked in 
"I told you to go down and come straight back up!" he added turning to glare at Kyungsoo. 

"It's my fault. After the appointment I took him out to get some hot chocolate but don't worry nobody saw us" Tao quickly explained 
"You sure?" Kris asked 
"Do you see the police or that enemy gang of yours breaking the doors down?" Kyungsoo asked and out of the corner of his eyes saw the others smirk at his comment whilst Kris nodded. 

"Well then... don't do something like that again" he muttered and walked away, Tao following silently behind him as the two began conversing in Chinese. 

"So Kyungsoo how was your day of freedom?" Yixing asked 
"Full of unexpected surprises" Kyungsoo replied and left it at that whilst the others frowned at him. What was that suppose to mean? 


I thought I'd do a double update because then it would help with the flow of the previous chapter... does that make sense? 

Anyway, the meeting of Taoris!! Poor Tao, getting friendzoned :( 

Also, between you and me, I don't know when but *looks around before leaning in and whispers* we may be slowly inching closer to finding out the mole... (When that will be... who knows?... apart from me...) 

Until the next chapter!!