X.

Pas de Chance

I breathed in the fresh air outside, hoping it would speed up my recovery. Things have been a little......... messed up at the apartment, and I certainly don't wanna see that jerk's face right now.

I don't understand him at all. One minute he's all nice and caring and then the next, he's screaming at me.

Maybe going here in the rooftop wasn't so bad after all. It clears my mind from worries and troubles. But everytime I try to clear my head, his face pops up and I just get even more annoyed.

Even though I'm trying so hard to get away from him right now, I know that no matter what I do, at the end of the day, I'll always come back and see his face, and that just drives me even more insane.

How did his parents put up with him? Oh wait, he even hates his family. Figures.

It was around afternoon when I heard a growl in my stomach and decided to go down. I grunt a little, knowing that I'll have to see that stupid face again.

I walked down the stairs in gentle steps for the sake of my sprain. When I arrived at my apartment, I noticed the front door was open, and it gave me a sinking feeling in my gut.

Did someone barged in the house? The neghbors, they were so welcoming and wonderful, I didn't know they could do this.......

I bravely entered, albeit my injuries and checked every nook and cranny for a missing object, or an unknown person in a ski mask.

Thankfully, there were none, but how come the door was unlocked? The only person who knows the password is........

Wait a minute..... he's been here? And he never even bothered to lock the door?! I'm on the verge of spray painting his boring walls, but I kept calm.

I don't wanna see him, I don't wanna see him, I don't wanna see him.......

I ate lunch, which consisted of a banana and last night's leftover fried rice (that I wasn't able to finish because that little hooligan screamed at me) and decided to lounge around.

I couldn't do much because of my injury, so I decided to write instead. I've written a lot since the past couple of days.

I've been feeling so depressed lately because of what the doctor told me when I was still in the hospital, but I let all of that pass.

Jongin gave me words I never would've thought come out of his mouth, and for those words I'm grateful. It gave me a feeling of happiness and hope.

But he's just so annoying sometimes! And I am fed up with his rude attitude.

At around 4 in the afternoon, I got interrupted by my writing when someone knocked on my door. It sounded frantic, I wonder why.

I opened the door and got the shock of my life as I see Taemin outside. How did he know my room number?

"Krystal?" he asked, his eyes wide. He must've been shocked as well.

"Taemin? What are you doing here?"

"Well, you see, Kai told me to go here and----"

"JUNG SOOJUNG!" I heard a voice from a distance and diverted my attention to that.

It was Jongin in his pajamas, barefoot, with blisters in his feet and bruises on his face, and he was panting and holding onto the wall like he had ran for miles.... Wait why is he running towards me-----

I lost all the words in my head when he came up to me and hugged me tightly. What is he doing????? I looked over to Taemin with a questioning face, but he seems to still have that shocked expression.

"Stupid! I thought I lost you...... Why did you run away!" Jongin said as he tightens his hug.

I was still in a state of shock so I stayed silent, letting him hug me. It felt comforting while he hugged me.... I feel butterflies in my stomach.

He lets go and I can see rage in his eyes, but beyond that, I can see that he looked genuinely worried.

"You!" he said as he hits my forehead.

"Jongin!" Taemin warned, but Jongin never listened and continued.

"You got me worried sick! You know you're injured, don't go running away like that again! I'm sorry for my attitude problems, I'm sorry I always scream at you, I'm sorry, I'm just so sorry I was had a bad day yesterday and----"

I stopped him from saying more by hugging him back. He looked like a lost child as he said those words to me, he looked like he needed to be comforted, and I don't know what's going on with him or why he had a bad day, but I don't need to know that to know that he needs all the support and care right now.

"Uh.... guys? You know each other?" Taemin interrupted after a while.

I let go of Jongin, embarrassed that Taemin had to see it. I was even more confused that Taemin knows Jongin.

"You're one to talk. You didn't even told me you were the president's son." I replied. I noticed Jongin stiffened and furrowed my brows.

"Ah, so you know it by now. Should I go and call for security or will you not attack me?" he said as he chuckled.

"I don't mind. It's cool having a famous friend. Should I bow to you respectfully first?" I retorted nonchalantly. Taemin broke out into a full laugh and I smiled.

"I know Jongin because he's my......" Taemin trails off and stares at Jongin, and strangely enough, Jongin was glaring at him. "...... friend." he continued.

"You didn't tell me you're friends with the president's son!"

"You didn't tell me you knew Taemin." Jongin replied coldly. Here he goes again.

There was silence for a few minutes, and seeing Jongin's disgruntled state, I invited him over inside.

"I should be going now. I'm a busy person. Bye Kai!" Taemin said and skips away before I could even say anything.

I let Jongin sit on the sofa as I got a glass of water and a first aid kit. As I sat beside him, I noticed his gloomy state.

"So, why does he call you Kai? Do you have a dual personality, or are you an ex convict trying to hide from the public?"

"Where did you go?" he asked, still with a serious expression. I sighed and looked down.

"I was at the rooftop. I needed time to get away from you, because you're just so.... confusing. You're confusing me a whole lot."

"If you were just in the rooftop, why did you write something so scary as this! You had me worried sick!" he said as he grabs a paper from his pocket and throws it at my lap.

I sighed and offered him the water. He gulped it in one go and placed the glass back on the tabletop.

I opened the first aid kit and started soaking a cotton ball in alcohol.

"I'm sorry I had to scare you, but I figured you wouldn't even care about me leaving."

"If I didn't care, would I have ran all over Seoul in my pajamas and my bare feet looking for you?!"

"You said you wanted to get away from me last night! You're so bipolar!" I screamed and hastily stood up. I forgot I still had a sprain so I flinched a little, and Jongin surprisingly held my hand so I wouldn't fall.

"I'm sorry. Just sit down will you." he said calmly. I glared at him before sitting back down and working on the first aid kit again.

"I know, that I'm not the best person to get along with, and I know I have the shortest of temper...... But......" he stopped and stared at me straight in the eye.

"I don't....... want you going anywhere where I can't see you. This is crazy, and I don't know why, but you...... Ever since you came, I feel like I've changed. I'm not the person I used to be. Back then, my life was like my walls; gray and boring. But you......

You're the most annoying person in the planet. You're tactless, you do something without thinking, you're always getting into trouble, you're persistent to the point of being annoying, but........

You brought color to my life. And honestly, I realized a lot of things yesterday, just from talking to you. I was just mad. I was just annoyed, but that doesn't mean I hate you. You know how when a person is mad, they says things they don't really mean. And that was what happened last night.

I know I'm confusing you with my bipolar attitude, but you should've been used to that by now! We've known each other for a month and a half."

I stared at him, my mouth agape. Where were these feelings coming from? I'll never really know, but when he's like this...... I kind of like it.

I kind of like him.

Wait..... WHAT?!

"Do you like me?" I said without thinking. Jongin looked at me like I was a disgusting snail.

"Jesus! Why would you even---- I hate people like you!" Jongin says as he prepares to stand up.

I held his hand and forced him to sit down. His glare could almost slice my neck to pieces.

"I didn't mean it like that, ! I meant if you like me as in, you don't hate me anymore?" I tried to think of anything to say that would make sense.

Jongin stayed silent for a few seconds, before breaking into a small evil grin.

"What do you think?" he said. I chuckled. This guy is really something.

"So it looks like we're both injured for now."

"Yep. Looks like it's your turn to take care of me now." he said.

"We're both injured that's unfair."

"Yep. Both injured." he said as he pats my head like a dog, smiling like an idiot.

Jongin, you're not so bad after all.


a/n: I don't know what got into me while I was writing this hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha date me

anyways, LOOK! AT! THE! TRAILER! FOR! THIS! STORY! IT'S BEAUTIFUL! YELLING MAKES IT TRUE! Seriously, I loved it, thanks you to CKND and to jjang_sone999 nim for the wonderful trailer. Wish I could edit like you ♥

Also, the new poster! Thanks to ordinary graphic shop! Look forward to my next update! :)