XXIII.

Pas de Chance

I placed a blanket on Jongin's sleeping body. He must've been really tired from fighting whatever it is that he fought, that he fell asleep on my couch.

Although he's black and blue all over and I feel bad seeing him like this, it doesn't change the fact that I'm still pressed on how he acted towards me, and how he just disregarded what's happening between the both of us.

I was just confused, because as far as I know he's still with Kyungsoo, and I don't wanna be someone who'd break off someone else's relationship. I like Jongin, a lot, but if he really wants to be with me, he has to think straight and choose only me.

I called Taemin's number. It rang a couple of times before he finally picked up.

"Hey, what's wrong? It's late why are you still awake?" I hear him ask on the other line.

"Did you and Jongin fought?"

"We haven't even seen each other for days..... What do you mean?"

"I saw him lying down on the hallway outside my apartment, looking almost lifeless and he had a lot of bruises and a black eye and I don't honestly know what's wrong with him."

I hear shuffling on the other line, and Taemin's serious voice.

"Did he come here?" I heard him say. "ANSWER ME! DID HE COME HERE! DID YOU DO SOMETHING AGAIN?!"

"Hello? Taemin are you okay?" I asked worriedly. Then the phone was cut off.

I hang up, confused. What was going on, and who was he talking to? I decided to let it go and go to bed.

In the morning, it was awkward between us. It has been days since Jongin last cooked for me, and I've been living on fast food once again, so it's nice he's here to prepare breakfast for me.

I helped him carefully so he won't have a hard time, especially now that he's bruised all over. The thick air still hasn't cleared up between us, and I can almost feel it choking me.

We ate breakfast in silence. And when he was done, he placed his plate on the sink and walked over towards the door.

"Where....... where are you going?" I bravely asked to break the ice.

"Work. Where else?"

"In that condition? You can't."

He sighs and approaches me, my face with his thumb. I noticed he was still a little shaky, and looking at his swollen eye just gives me pain.

"I'll be fine. I cooked extra, eat that during lunch. Take care of yourself." he says one last time as he places a kiss on my forehead for the second time, before stepping out.

I furrowed my eyebrows. Jongin, why are you like this. You make me so confused. What is the deal between us, and what am I really to you?

I let my questions be unanswered and patiently waited for the time to pass. I had nothing to do so I decided to continue with my story.

At around the afternoon, there was a knock on my door. Expecting it to be Jongin, I rushed towards it. Instead, I found Taemin, and he didn't look happy.

"What's wrong?"

"Is it true?"

"What? What are you talk---"

Before I could finish what I was saying, Taemin rushed in and hugged me tightly. I was confused, but I let him hold me. When I heard sniffling, I knew something was wrong.

"Tell me what's wrong?"

"You're eyesight......"

I gasped. How did he know about that?!

"Have you been stalking me? Taemin, just because you're the son of the president, it doesn't give you the right to---"

"It's not me! It's my father okay! He's researched everything there is to know about you because he doesn't want you ruining my campaigns! He's trying to tear you down, and I don't want that to happen! Not now when I know there's something wrong!"

I was in awe. What wrongdoing have I done for the president of South Korea to hate me like this?

"Taemin, you need to calm down."

"I can't calm down! I told you! You're important to me and I lov---" he was caught up in his words and his face morphs into that of shock.

"Taemin--"

"I'm sorry, I'm so so sor---"

"Hey, it's okay---"

"I'm so sorry Soojung I just---!"

I didn't let him speak anymore and hugged him. He was having a panic attack because of me in the first place and I don't want him to lose his breath because of me too.

"WHAT THE HELL!"

I turned around, and there he was. Jongin, in his former glory, both of his fists turning white, his teeth gritting and his eyebrows furrowed.

"YOU SON OF A !" and just like that, he launched himself towards Taemin and started punching him in the face.

I was horrified. Does he even know his friend suffers from panic attacks?! What the hell is wrong with your temper Jongin!

"Hey! Stop it break it off!" I said, pushing them off each other. Only, I miscalculated my steps because without warning I found Jongin's fist near my face.

I remember falling down and then blacking out.

When I woke up, Taemin was sitting at the foot of my bed and Jongin was standing by my bedroom door. He was the first one to notice I was awake.

"Soojung....... I'm sorry." Jongin said as he holds onto my hand tightly.

I was so mad right now, I want to kick his out the window. Because I was too weak to move, I grabbed his hair instead and pulled it with all my might, causing him to yelp.

"AAAAAH OW OW OW!"

"Hey hey stop it Soojung, we already talked it's okay now!" Taemin said as he pulls Jongin away. I looked at him with worried eyes, and his expression assured me he didn't tell Jongin anything.

But my heart broke seeing his messed up face.

"Jongin has anger management issues. Look at your face....."

"It's okay Soojung, it's nothing at all. I just hope you're fine, it's you I'm more worried about."

"Hey."

"Hey, I said I'll fight for her. I didn't say she's all yours."

I was confused. What were they talking about?

"umm...."

"Anyways, I gotta go. Soojung, sorry you had to see my panic attack. And sorry for fighting in front of you. But, Soojung...... I just hope you're fine. You'll make it okay... right?" Taemin said as he approaches me, my hand.

"Ehem!!!!"

"Shut up Kim Jongin!" I yelled. He looked regretful as I turned back to Taemin. "I'm going to be fine. Don't worry about me. I'm strong remember?"

Taemin was hesitant to go, as he kept turning his head back to me as he walks towards the front door. I waved goodbye as Jongin closed the door.

"Hey...."

"Go away, my face hurts like hell and I don't wanna see your face for a week. No, two weeks. No, make that a month."

"Soojung..... I'm sorry...." he slowly approaches me and lies down next to me on the bed. This made me confused again.

"You know you're one bipolar son of a . And get down! I'm gonna fall off the bed!"

He pushes himself in and I pull away from him, except there's no more space in the bed so I ended up falling.

Only, I didn't fell on the floor. I fell in his arms.

"Ah, let's stay like this for awhile. I'm tired." he says as he snuggles even more.

I snorted at him, but in the end, I gave in. I love him too much to get mad at him for a month. Even if he punched me in the face.

As conciousness hits me the next day, I realized I was all alone in the bed again. I stretched, still with my eyes closed, and felt my surroundings.

I slowly started opening my eyes, but was surprised to find that it's still pitch black. I was confused. Is it already morning? Is the sun up? Did I woke up to early?

But then I realized, it was too dark. I sat up the bed in a jiffy, as tears started forming in my eyes. I tried to get off the bed, and fell on the floor instead, but my hands kept searching for something. My hands traveled on the floor, to the bedside table, and I must've knocked out a ton of stuff there but I can't even see to know.

When my fingers touched a familiar object, I unlocked it and clicked the topmost right part of my phone. I remember memorizing that routine so hard in case something like this happens, and I'm glad I did, because now it's happening.

"Hello? Soojung?" I heard Taemin on the other line. I tried not to sob loudly, but a wimper escaped my lips.

"Soojung what's wrong?"

"Taemin..... what time is it?" I asked cautiously.

"It's 10:30 am..... Soojung tell me what's---"

"Taemin it's so dark......"

I heard shuffling on the other line, and the line was cut off. I dropped the phone on the floor and held onto my knees, my tears flowing down like I waterfall. I prayed, so hard, that Jongin was already at work and was not in my apartment. I didn't want him to know. I didn't wanna broke him.

15 minutes later, there was banging in my door, and then a loud bang, and I felt arms around me, making me wince.

"Soojung it's me, it's me." I heard Taemin's shaky voice. "I'm gonna take you to the hospital okay?" he said as he starts to carry me.

Suddenly, I felt him dropping me by the door, and I heard lots of screaming and lots of voices.

"Sir, you have to come with us!"

"I told you I'm not going back there!" 

"Let go of Jongin!"

I furrowed my brows. Jongin? What is going on?

"Hey! Let go of me you stupid idiots! Taemin help me!"

"! Stop! Don't bring him to my dad! Stop! Jongin I'm sorry I need to take Soojung to the hospital!"

"What?!" I heard Jongin's voice in a distance and I felt scared. I broke down even more.

"I'll take her first and I'll deal with you!" 

"Why!!!!! WHAT'S WRONG WITH HER! TELL M---"


a/n: ooh what a cliffhanger. HEY I'M STILL ALIVE FORTUNATELY. I said I wasn't gonna update this till I got a new poster for it but then...... my poster requests weren't fulfilled. Like yeah, I know y'all are busy with school and all, but I'm supposed to be included in your batches but you didn't include me. Okay but enough ranting. I'll make sure to update often now, I just hope I get lots of ideas spilling out of my head. Thanks for reading! :)