XXIV.

Pas de Chance

I glared at Taemin from across the room. My anger hasn't subsided, and seeing Soojung's jacked up face makes my blood boil even more.

"Listen," Taemin breaks the ice, "if you didn't punched me none of this would've happened."

I stare at him unbelievably. Is this guy for real?!

"Hey! Let me just make things clear! If you didn't hugged her and hogged her all the goddamn time I wouldn't have started a fight!"

"What's it with you and Soojung and me making skinship! I like her! A lot! So I don't get it why you're so against this."

"Because...... Because I like her too! And I know I like her a lot more than you do!" I screamed back, not realizing what I said. When I did though, I also realized I made a terrible mistake.

Taemin looked at me like I just shot a puppy.

"You..... what? But..... I thought you were with Kyungsoo?"

"That was a lie. Everything was a lie. I just don't want to marry that girl dad set me up with, and you know that pretty well."

Taemin scoffs, and annoyance was clearly plastered on his face.

"So what more lies and secrets are you two bound to share with me?! Cause I sure would like to hear more!"

I was confused. "What are you talking about?"

"You mean you didn't know?"

I was starting to get suspicious. "Know about what?"

"You know what, whatever." Taemin shakes his head and stands up from the sofa, approaching Soojung's room. I folled suit. "All I know is I will fight for her. She was mine, only mine, and little did I know my own brother is taking her away from me."

"If you fight for her, I don't see any reason why I won't too. Although I'm sure she'll pick me. She's always gonna pick me."

Taemin ignored me and entered Soojung's room. He sat at the foot of her bed and stared at her.

It made me feel bad. If I had been just honest about my feelings, if I had just been brave......

I hate to admit, but I still have no power over my father. He will do anything against his will to make me obey to his commands, and I can't do anything but agree, because sometimes, it can come to the point of life and death.

I've been keeping secrets from everyone, and I wonder if maybe.... Maybe I've been keeping secrets from myself too, maybe I've been lying to myself all along.

I noticed Soojung slowly opening her eyes and pushed Taemin off the bed. I sat in his place and fiddled with my fingers, thinking of words to say.

"Soojung....... I'm sorry."

I got my hair grabbed harshly in return, and I felt like all my hairs are about to fall out from the sudden pull.

Taemin broke the fight and pushed me away, taking his spot again at the bed. I huffed in frustration. I got even more frustrated when I saw her carressing his swollen face.

"Hey." I warned.

"Hey, I said I'll fight for her. I didn't say she was all yours." Taemin replied with a raised eyebrow.

I rolled my eyes. Sasser. I let the both of them talk, realizing I really am the wrong one here for punching someone in the face without asking for an explanation.

"You'll make it okay..... right?" I heard Taemin saying. I was still very confused with what they were talking about, when I noticed Taemin's hand sneaking up on Soojung's.

"Ehem!"

"Shut up Kim Jongin!" Soojung explodes. Speechless, I had no choice but to let them finish talking.

I had to woo her back when Taemin left, but in the end, everything worked out fine. I know she'll never get mad at me for too long.

I had to wake up extra early yesterday because I had to prepare her breakfast before I go to work.

As I strided to her kitchen, I noticed she was out of gas for her stove.

"Oh Soojung, when are you gonna be smart enough to realize things like this?" I said to myself. Guess I'll have to cook in my apartment.

As I was about to go to work, I hear a commotion outside, the sound of running feet, then a series of bangs. I rushed out in panic, and saw Soojung's door ajar, almost broken.

I was about to run inside and check up on her, when a bunch of men clad in expensive looking suits blocked me from exiting the apartment.

"What are you doing?! Get away!"

"Sorry, Mr. Kim. Orders from your father." one of the men said. He looked at the others and nodded, and all of them started dragging me away, away from my apartment, away from Soojung.

"What? No! I have to save Soojung!" I thrashed and kicked with all my might, which made their hold on me grow tighter. I winced in pain but made no move to surrender.

"Sir, you have to come with us!"

"I told you I'm not going back there!" I yelled back.

"Let go of Jongin!" I hear someone scream from the back. We all turned around and saw Taemin in front of Soojung's door. He looked like he ran all the way here, and the cuts in his face that was caused by my fist started bleeding again, and it mixed with the sweat that was pouring down his face.

He looked like a mess.

"Taemin? What's going on?!" I was frustrated. Did he do this? Why was he in Soojung's house?

Before Taemin had the chance to explain, the guards started dragging me away again, which made me angrier.

"Hey! Let go of me you stupid idiots! Taemin help me!"

I saw Taemin running towards our direction and pulling the guards away from me, but the held me tighter and pushed Taemin away.

"! Stop! Don't bring him to my dad! Stop!"

"Sorry, sir Taemin. But it's the president's orders." the head security said as he pushes Taemin one last time. He fell to the carpeted floor with a thud, and I noticed defeat in his eyes.

"Jongin, I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry I can't help you, I need to take Soojung to the hospital!"

Hearing that from him made me even more frustrated and confused. What the is going on?! 

"What?!"

"I'll take her first and I'll deal with you!"

"Why!!!!! WHAT'S WRONG WITH HER! TELL ME!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, but we were too far away to hear him anymore. 

They got me inside the car, and I stopped struggling, breaking down in tears. What did I ever do wrong to recieve so much mishap in my life?! Last night was so....... so wonderful, so magical....... I finally got to hold her in my arms, and be with her all night...... Why did that bliss have to end to early?

When we arrived, I didn't even bother struggling anymore. I was too tired; mentally and physically.

It didn't help that as soon as I entered his office, I recieved a huge smack on the face.

"You disgrace! You make me sick!" he yelled at me, slapping me over and over again. I fell down from pain. "Why did you have to..... to ruin my son's face! On the day he's also about to campaign to the press! You don't deserve to be my son!"

I stood up in anger. I resisted from punching him in a face, because even though I hated him so much, I still have my respect.

"YOU DON'T DESERVE TO BE MY FATHER! AND YOU DON'T DESERVE TO BE THE PRESIDENT OF SOUTH KOREA!"

He slaps me again, and the impact was so strong, it made me fall face first on the floor. I was almost swimming on a pool of my blood.

"NOBODY! DESERVES! TO BE YOUR FATHER! You know why?! Because you're filthy, you're disgusting, and you're the product of my bad desicions! Your mother is a , and you're a BASTARD! From now on, you shall not leave this place, and you're gonna be locked in your room! I will let nobody in, and I will let a hundred, even a thousand guards all around your room! You're never going to see sunlight again, and YOU'RE NEVER GOING TO SEE THAT GIRL AGAIN!"

I tried to fight the guards off as they dragged me towards my room, but it was no use. I'm a weakling, I'll never have the strength to do anything. Not even to defy my father, or save Soojung.

The guards threw me in the bed, and as I heard the doors close and the locks turning, I wiped the blood off my mouth, and let the tears fall.

Because the hardest part wasn't not seeing her again, it's not knowing what is really wrong with her.

I ing hate myself.


a/n: holy cow this was an intense chapter. Actually I wasn't planning on making this happen but yep, there's no happy ending without these hahahahaha mWAHAHAHAHAHA I mean....... Happy (belated) Valentines Day! Hope you'll continue reading till the next chapter! And please, don't get angry at me for doing this :3