VI.

Pas de Chance

I searched everywhere for her. I was tired, I was hungry, I was sweaty from all the running. I feel like I'd never forgive myself if I can't find her. She's all alone, what would happen when she gets lost. What will her family feel.

Although I hated my family to guts, I should give consideration to other people's families. She kinda looks like she needs a mom and dad by her side at all times.

I was on the verge of giving up on finding her when a woman ran over me, knocking both of us on the ground.

I recognized the stupid red hair and sighed in relief.

"Ronald Mcdonald?! Where were you!"

"Take me away from here! Please!"

She held onto my waist really tight before I had the chance to stand up. I tried pushing her away, I am not fond of skinship especially with people I have no plans of getting close to, but she held on to me tighter like her life depended on me.

That was when I noticed the panic and fear in her eyes. She really was scared.

I looked to where she was running from and saw about 30 reporters, running with all their might while holding their huge cameras and glancing everywhere.

I furrowed my brows. Were they the ones following her? What does she have to do with all these papparazzi?

On instinct I covered her very obvious red hair by wrapping my arms around her head and pushing it against my chest.

"Hey, listen to me. If you're scared, or lost or whatever, do as I say. You count from 1 to 10. Okay? Count." I exclaimed.

I remembered someone who always used to say this to me. She told me that even after she.......

I shook the bad thoughts out of my head and watched as she counted with shaky breaths.

Slowly, her arms loosened around my waist, giving me a chance to adjust myself and lift her up. She was still shaking really badly, but she managed to calm down as she reached 5.

She lifted her head up as I walked all the way home, carrying her with care and I saw the fear in her eyes slowly dying. I saw how at ease she was as she looked into my eyes. And for once, I felt like my once frozen heart was thawed by this annoying stupid woman who always gets me in trouble.

When we reached home, I slowly put her down on the sofa. 

"This the the 2nd consecutive time you slept in my apartment. And I don't even know who you are."

I grabbed a clean blanket from my closet and wrapped her in it. She was still shaking, apparently, after almost 30 minutes, but she looked fine and peaceful asleep.

"Aren't you worried I'm a bad guy and I'll do something to you?" I slowly moved my head towards hers. "You don't know who I am. You trust people easily, I can tell. What if I'm a serial killer?" I moved in closer that my breaths tickled her nose. She moved her head slightly away from me and I pull away chuckling a bit.

I found my heart softening a bit. She seems pretty interesting. I looked out the window and stared at the brightest star in the sky.

"Isn't she one stupid woman?" I asked the star. "Do you like her?" 

The wind blew and I smiled. I think she does.

I fell asleep on the kitchen and was woken up by a loud bang from the living room.

I ran without even thinking twice and saw her on the floor, rubbing her forehead.

"Stupid woman! What are you doing!" I helped her anyways. 

"Stop calling me names! It was your fault why I hyperventilated last night!"

I remembered everything last night. Sometimes in the middle of the night, she'd wake up and scream and thrash her arms and legs wildly, as if someone was attacking her and I'd have to calm her down and put her back to sleep. I didn't know this woman is not good with shock.

I was so tired that I ended up falling asleep on the kitchen. She had about 5 panic attacks last night until she fell asleep around 4 in the morning. And I had to take care of her all night. And she puts all the blame on me.

Partly it was my fault. I shouldn't have left her alone. I cursed in my head, knowing it was really all my fault. I didn't know why papparazzi started following her, or why she looked so scared, but she should have at least look for a police or asked for directions.

I sat beside her and looked down at my fingers.

"I'm...... I'm sorry."

My peripheral vision told me she looked up at me.

"What?"

I rolled my eyes in annoyance. Does she need to humiliate me like this.

"You heard what I said I don't need to say it again. You wait there I'll bring you here your breakfast."

I stood up in a hurry and power walked toward the kitchen. I wanted the conversation to end, my hands were starting to sweat.

It's like I'm in a hot seat. I was never the one to apologize, except for when I'm at work, because people at work are asses that need manners.

This time I genuinely felt sorry for her. Although I didn't know what happened, I could tell she was scared out of her mind. And I should be held responsible for whatever happened to her because if I didn't left her alone, this wouldn't have happened.

I cooked a simple breakfast and although my supply was limited, it didn't bother me anymore that I had to give it to her, and this was a surprise because I really hated this woman since the first time I saw her.

It's like everyday I know something new about her that makes me feel sorry for her. It made me have that feeling of protection towards her.

And there was only one person who made me feel that way.

"The food was good. You're a good cook."

"Thanks."

"You're still not forgiven though."

I looked at her in annoyance.

"What? But I saved you last night! If it wasn't for me reporters would still be chasing you."

"If you didn't leave me alone, none of that would've happened."

Resting my case, I rolled my eyes and and leaned back on my chair.

"What do you want me to do anyway?"

"Let me write about you."

My mood turned sour. Sure I know alot about her now, but I do not want other people meddling with my personal life. I keep a lot of secrets, the reason why I was so closed off and never interacted with people.

"No." I said firmly.

She exhaled heavily, something she does when she's annoyed I have noticed and crossed her arms.

"Then I'll let you be guilty for what you have done for the rest of your life, goodbye...... wait I don't know your name, but that doesn't matter. Goodbye anyways."

She stood up and I noticed her wobbling figure, like she's about to fall any minute from now.

I watched her retreating back and couldn't hold on any longer, because what she's doing right now is already making me feel guilty.

She looked like she was about to fall down when I stood u and ran towards her.

"Alright fine!"

She glanced at me, those stupid sparkles in her eyes appearing once again.

"You will! Thank you!" she jumps around like a mad lady and almost falls down. I was quick to hold her by the waist, sending electrical sparks all over my body.

"Just sit down will you? You're still a little unwell, and slight feverish. Just rest on the sofa i don't mind. Just..... your hair color don't let it stain the sofa."

Before she could react, I lifted her up to prevent her from moving and placed her gently in the sofa. I tried tying her hair for the sake of the white sheets on my sofa.

"You're really bad at hair tying."

"Hey, in case you forgot, I'm a manly man."

"Oh really? You're frilly body made me think otherwise."

Excuse me? Did you just insulted my manliness? I may look frail but I could lift you! And you're heavy!

I grabbed the tray of food and huffed angrily towards the kitchen.

"Shouldn't have agreed to this lunatic...." I mumbled to myself.

"Can you at least tell me your name, Mr. Grumpy Manly Man?" I heard her calling out from the living room.

I contemplated on what to tell her. Should I use my new name? Should I use my old name.......

"Jongin. Kim Jongin."

"Ahhhh..... Jongin....." she said. My name flowed through her lips like melody, and I kind of liked the feeling.

"What's yours?" I asked, looking uninterested.

"Soojung! I want you to call me Soojung. Okay?" very pushy too. I hate pushy people.

"Alright alright fine stop." I came back in the kitchen to wash the dishes.

"I'll start asking questions tomorrow okay?" she holled once again.

"No! You start when you feel better."

I heard her soft footsteps towards the kitchen.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm washing the dishes and you should just sit there or lie down or whatever, go home an rest. When you collapse don't blame me."

"I'm kinda feeling fine now, don't worry too much." she chuckles.

I scoffed. "I'm not worrying about you. I just know you'll use this against me that's why I'm being cautious."

She made a face at me and leaned by the counter.

"What happened anyways...... Why were you hyperventilating and running when I saw you?"

Her mood changed and I regretted asking her about it.

"I don't know....... I was with a friend, and then people started asking questions about me being his girlfriend and his father's actions and it was so claustrophobic that I had to get out of the crowd."

She put her hand on her chest and sighed.

"My vision started to become blurry and I was so afraid my vision would disappear at that very moment. I haven't made my perfect story yet."

"You told me you had a friend. Why don't you write about him instead?"

"But I don't see perfections in him. I see it in you."

"I told you my life isn't perfect. It's boring. Like my living room walls."

"A perfect story isn't finding a perfect person, but seeing an imperfect person perfectly."

I looked up at her from my dish washing and felt amazed of this wonderful poetry coming out of .

She's very intellectual, she looked like she came from a good family. She doesn't judge. She observes. And I guess she observes me pretty well.

If she tried hard enough, she might discover the secrets I have bound to keep forever.

And I don't know if I should let her.


a/n: so i said this is going to be taemin's pov right well I WAS WRONG. 

I was on vacation for three days so the supposed /fast update/ wasn't so fast enough but hey I updated I hope this chapter isn't bad bc like I said before I ain't good with chaptered fics I'm sorry

It's the start of classes for some of y'all! Good luck! Do good in school! See you in my next update!

oh and let me know what you think of this chapter, and help me improve it or whatever. thanks for reading! :)