IV.

Pas de Chance

I came home to find her sprawled down in front of my door. At first I thought she was dead, but the falling and rising of her stomach tells me otherwise.

When will this ronald mcdonald stop bugging me seriously.

I carried her inside. People might think I'm heartless for just leaving to to sleep outside.

Since when did I care about what people think of me anyway.

I stared at her. She doesn't look like someone who's sick. I remembered what she said earlier.

That seriously shut me up. Suddenly I realized how rude I have been to people around me.

When she told me I respect time so much, I was flustered. Nobody ever complimented me.

Not even my father. 

When she told me she's gonna be blind soon, I contemplated if she was telling the truth or if she's not taking everything seriously.

But she seemed to tell the truth, and I felt a little bad for treating her like .

Maybe letting her sleep here is the nicest thing I can do to make up for my rudeness.

But I can't help it. I can't help that I'm like this and that I became like this.

Maybe this cold exterior is just a shell. So people wouldn't manipulate me anymore. I've been hurt too many times that I have no choice but to tell myself to be tough.

When she woke up she looked a bit panicked.

I explained to her what happened and she looked relieved after that. I was a bit offended. I have no time for liking her or doing that with her.

"So you're not a bad person after all." she said as she smiled at me.

I am not a bad person. People just assumed I am because of what I do. Because of what I need to do to survive and not be called a crybaby.

I ignored her and went to my room. Suddenly I feel like it's hot. It feels so stuffy and I started to sweat.

Was it because of what she said? Was I really that flattered?

Was it because of how she smiled?

I shook these thoughts out of my head and went out to see what she was doing.

"What are you doing?" I asked her. She looked freaked out because of me, oops.

"I gotta learn something about my main character."

What is it with me and her stupid story.

"Are you still going on about that? I told you I'm not interested. Now go back to your apartment and let me sleep."

"But if I leave you're gonna start screaming again and you won't let me sleep."

You're gonna hit a bad nerve if you continue doing this.

"Get out."

"No."

That was the last straw.

"Oh really."

"Yes."

"Well then I'm gonna take you out myself."

I lifted her up my shoulder like a log and marched toward the door. I threw her down the carpeted hallway and slammed the door before she could even utter a word.

"Hey! You're rude and you're mean!" I heard her screaming outside.

Yeah. Make yourself believe that I am one heartless person. That way, you'll leave me alone.

I thought she'd stop the next day, but when I opened the door, she was there, a sickening smile in her face as if nothing happened yesterday.

"Howdy, neighbor!" she greeted, one hand holding a pen and the other holding a mint colored notebook.

I rubbed my head and slung my backpack to my shoulders.

"Why are you being so pushy? I told you I don't wanna do that stupid story with you."

"Call it stupid or whatever, and call me pushy or whatever but I'm staying. Everything about you screams interesting and I won't stop getting it out of you. I mean your apartment! Your personality! Your life! It's all mysterious. And I am finding the most perfect story."

"What makes you think I'm the person for you perfect story? I'm not even perfect."

"Oh.... but you are!" and at that moment I saw her eyes sparkle. It's like she's giving me hope through this bitter, dangerous world.

"How can you say that?" I said as I started walking towards the elevator. She followed me.

"You're living a really miserable life, but it seems.... different. Like you'd want to be here more than anywhere else. I can see it in your eyes...... Even if my vision is kind of blurry."

I elevator stopped and so did my heartbeat. How could she......... read me so easily?

I ignored her and continued walking. I do not want distractions right now. I want to live in peace. I want to forget about......

I walked and walked, never minding where I'm going. I've been living on this side of Korea ever since I was 16 so I've memorized every nook and cranny there is in this town.

I saw her following me, without words, just scribbling things in her stupid mint colored notebook, with a stupid smile plastered on her face.

When I noticed she wasn't paying attention to me, I ran a different direction, all the way back to where I was working.

You followed me, lady. You better know how to find me.

I worked nonstop, until the sun sets, indicating that I'm done with work.

"Here's your pay for today."

I bowed and left, trudging back to the apartment.

I expected her to be sitting in front of my door, screaming as she saw me walking towards her about leaving her alone. But she wasn't there.

The hallway was empty. I ignored it and went inside my apartment. She probably got tired and decided to just stay inside her house, or shop.

But I couldn't sleep, and I've been tossing and turning for 5 minutes until I realized something might have been wrong.

I checked the time and it's almost 9 pm. 

My mind debated whether to look for her or not. Fed up, I grabbed my coat and keys and ran to the door.

Stupid, stupid woman.


updated after 2397204720 years.

A lot has happened that stopped me from updating this. The overdose comeback. The disappearance of Kris (which had me crying for days because I'm a huge Kris stan) the lost planet, the announcement of an exo concert here in my country and 2NE1's arrival here and concert and presscon and honestly I forgot about the others but I'm so sorry I'll try to update this often and maybe do a double update today. I hope people are still reading this.