VIII.

Pas de Chance

What's supposed to be a nice trip turned into a horrible one when Jongin started being a little bratty kid again.

I hate it when someone talks like that about their family. Sure, we fight and all, but he has no right to say his family is ty!

I marched out on him because of stress, and stress is my enemy, because the more I get stressed, the more my vision becomes blurry and wild.

I was so into running away from Jongin that I didn't notice where I was heading to. It was getting pretty dark, and I'd be dead meat if I stayed here and moped over someone like him.

As I decided to go back, I realized I'm not familiar with what I'm walking into. Besides the fact that my vision is kind of faltering already, it was dark and I can't seem to figure out which way I've gone.

Panic struck me. I ran and ran and ran for minutes, hours, I don't even know what the time was I just kept running.

I ran so hard that I tripped onto a rock and fell face first on the ground. I groaned as pain shot up my ankle, the same one that got badly hurt a few hours ago.

He said it was a minor injury, and now I can't walk. Feeling alone and afraid, I couldn't help but cry.

I fished out my notebook and pen on my bag and tried ever so slowly to write. I didn't even know what I was writing, but I just wrote. It gives me a sort of calmness when I write.

Maybe humans need to be like that once in a while.
Maybe we need to feel the loneliness 
so we know that we are capable of standing alone.
Standing by ourselves gives us strength
from falling to our knees.

I should probably learn how to practice what I preach. I tried to calm myself down, but the sound of footsteps coming near caused me to whimper a bit.

"Soojung?" a familiar voice echoed. I gasped.

"Jongin!" I tried to move, but it only made me feel worse. "Ah!"

I felt his presence beside me. I couldn't see his face, but I can feel he has that worried look again.

"My ankle!" I tried to move it, but failed.

"No! Don't move I'll get you out of here!" he said in panic as he hoisted me up and ran. He ran and ran so much.

In the end, we couldn't do anything but stay in the forest. I was beginning to feels chills as the cold air hit my bare face. It's too dark to trudge the way home, and I couldn't really see where we were going. We opted to staying in the tent I packed, cause you know, I'm always ready.

I woke up in the middle of the night because of a piercing headache. That did not help at all, considering that my ankle was throbbing pretty badly as well.

I moaned in pain to get Jongin's attention.

"Yah, wake up. You're too noisy." he nudged me. If I wasn't in so much pain I'd definitely flick his forehead.

"Yah." he said louder.

"C-c--c-ccold....." I managed to stutter out.

I was so out of my mind and the last thing I remembered was Jongin pulling me close to him and me breathing on his hard chest.

The moment I woke up, white walls welcomed my tired eyes. I noticed my right ankle was on a cast. 

That's when I remembered what happened. I sat up immediately and searched the room for a certain someone.

The last I remembered was him..... carrying me? No wait..... us sleeping in a tent?....... no wait, he was pulling me close and my face was inches away from his chest and I felt his arms around...... me......

My face burned as I remembered the scene. That was embarrassing! He hugged me?

I tried to find him but he doesn't seem to be here. I found a pair of crutches leaning on the bedside table with a post it stuck on one of the handles.

Yah, if you wanna go to the bathroom, use these and don't walk and be all daredevil and .- Jongin

I chuckled a bit. Still bratty, but I owe him bigtime. I bet he was the one who brought me here and took care of me all night.

I decided to explore the hospital a bit. Hospitals in Seoul are really different from hospitals in america. It's been a long time since I last stepped inside a hospital..... The painful memories.......

I was lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice someone standing in front of me. My head lightly collided with his back.

"Oh my! I'm sorry!" I said, bowing almost immediately. Since when was I diagnosed of stupidity.

"Krystal?" the other person says, and at that point I kinda figured out who it was.

"Oh, Taemin! What are you doing here?" I asked, feeling a little embarrassed. We didn't see each other since that time when we were bombarded with paparazzi, something I still wonder of.

"Oh...... you know..... things...." he replied, but quickly changed the subject. "But you, what are you doing here? And why are you in crutches?"

"Ah..... I fell...." I said, blushing. "How are you? You know, since..... the last time....."

"Krystal, I just want to apologize for what happened before. I didn't mean to get you into trouble like that. I'm sorry." he bowed respectfully.

"No no! Don't do that!" I waved him off. "It's okay. I just hope you're fine now."

"Did they get you?"

"No, they didn't. My neighbor saw me and saved me."

"Your neighbor? The one who left you alone that day? Well that's weird...... I thought you said he hated you?"

"I have an unusual charm." I laughed it off. He chuckled as well.

"Mr. Lee, the president wants to speak to you." a man in a suit said as he came up to us.

Taemin had this weird stiff expression on his face. I furrowed my brows. He's close with the president?

"Wow..... now I know why we got mobbed that day. You didn't tell me you're friends with the president!"

Taemin chuckled. "I hope to see you again soon, Krystal?"

I nodded eagerly and bid farewell. He sure is a fancy man. I found myself blushing whenever the image of his smiling face appeared in my head.

"YAH JUNG SOOJUNG!" a loud voice erupted from the once quiet hallways of the hospital.

I turned around abruptly and came face to face with a red faced Jongin. He marched angrily towards me.

"Who told you to get out of the room?!"

"But I--!" I didn't get to finish what I wanted to say because he carried me like a log up his shoulders, causing the people to squeal. Wait..... squeal?????

"Kim Jongin you annoying human being put me down!" I said, hitting him in the back.

"Oh no I am not letting you get me into trouble again. You stay in your room and rest."

As much as I adore how sweet you're being with me lately, you're still annoying as hell.

"How many times have you carried me already?" I complained as he put me down on the bed.

"A lot. And those were the times when you were in trouble. Apparently, I'm always involved with all your troubles."

"So.... You're like my knight in shining armor?" 

Jongin pushed me in the forehead. "In your dreams." He walked towards the sofa and lied down, closing his eyes immediately.

"Where have you been anyway?"

"Somewhere......." he replied. I should've known never to ask him questions, since he doesn't answer them seriously anyway.

"Jongin?"

No response.

"Jongin."

"........."

"JONGIN!"

"WHAT?!"

"......... Thank you. For always being there for me." I said shyly, turning away as I pretended to sleep.

A few hours later, I woke up, and Jongin was nowhere to be found. Again. I sighed and decided to do something productive, like watch the news and know what the world is up to.

As I opened the TV, the first person that shows up on the screen surprised me. It was Taemin....... and he was beside the president.

What is his relation to the president anyway? I decided to listen a bit more. The president was explaining stuff about the laws and the roads that need construction, typical presidential matters.

"That is why I am happy to announce to all of you that from this day onwards, my son Taemin shall be helping me with everything. I am happy to serve you all better, and I hope you all cooperate with him, just like how you cooperated with me."

My jaw dropped. It can't be........... All along I was talking to the presiden't son?! Wait, wait.......... I was rubbing elbows with the president's son?!?!?!?!

I erupted into a shriek, and in about 15 minutes Jongin came rushing inside my room.

"What? What? What happened? Are you hurting anywhere?" he asked worriedly, checking every part of my body.

"He! He! Oh my god!" I said incoherently, pointing at the tv. When Jongin turned to it though, it showed a chicken commercial.

"You have got to be kidding me." he said with a straight face, hitting my forehead afterwards. I moaned at how it burns.

"YAH KIM JONGIN!" I screamed and grabbed him, pulling him close.

It was a bad move, because I think I pulled him too hard, and he fell on top of me, his face in front of my...... melons.

He stared at them for seconds, and I wondered if he was ever gonna stand up. When he didn't move an inch, I smacked him in the head. Hard.

"Disgusting ert." I murmured.

"Wha- me?! You pulled me!"

"You were staring at my s."

"Well!!!!! That!!!!" he tried to explain himself, but I know a blush when I see one.

"Forget it. I just want you to know, that I'm gonna be famous soon, so you better act nice towards me."

"Yeah right. You can't even walk properly. You had me worried sick." he retorted.

My heart skipped a beat. He got worried about me? He didn't seem to notice he just said that, so I pretended I didn't hear and just shooed him out of the room.

"Go wherever you were going and leave me alone. I don't wanna see your face right after you.... harassed me."

"Harassed yo--- okay you're so full of it I'm so gonna---!"

"Excuse me? Is something going on here?" a doctor enters, holding a folder. Jongin straightens himself up and so did I, and we bowed in apology.

"It's playful banter. It's our thing." I explained and glared at him.

The doctor smiled and shook his head. "Oh no, I don't mind at all, I actually find it kind of cute that you two lovers still had that spark."

Jongin was about to explain that we aren't exactly in a relationship, but the doctor instructed him to leave the room. I made a face at him and as always, he glared at me before leaving the room.

"Ms. Jung, I need to discuss something with you." the doctor said as he looks through his folder. He had that serious look on his face and I figured this isn't gonna end good.

"What is it doctor?"

"It's about your glaucoma."

I gulped. Not again.


a/n: updated this again after 3 milleniums! I hope somebody's still reading this...... let me know what you think of this chapter because I'm just seriously lost right now on what's happening in this story lol.