V.

Pas de Chance

I looked around in panic and I couldn't see him. I was just scribbling some detailed information about him and when I looked up from my writing he wasn't in front of me anymore.

I was scared. I was new to South Korea, I was new to this place. I blame myself for not asking anything about Korea to my mom. I tried asking people for directions, but they just walked past me like I'm invisible. I'm starting to get a headache again and the blurry vision is starting to attack.

I feel like my legs are about to collapse when a pair of strong arms held me up.

"Krystal? Are you okay?"

I looked up and sighed in relief as I saw Taemin, looking at me with worried eyes.

The headache went away and my vision stopped spinning. It's like Taemin is my savior out to help me whenever I'm in trouble.

"I'm fine I'm fine I was just..... lost....."

He guided me to one of the benches near by and sat beside me.

"Well what are you doing here then? You should have asked for directions. But knowing these stingy people they must have ignored you. What are you doing here anyway?"

"I'm writing a story about my neighbor, but he left me and ran off and I don't know where he went." That guy, he'll pay for this.

"Okay, how about this. I tour you around and then drop you off to your apartment later. So that next time you'll know how to get back whenever you're lost."

I nodded, still a bit shaky.

All throughout our tour, my mind was still bothered. I must have been really scared. Taemin noticed it as well.

"I should probably get you home." he suggested.

Not knowing what to reply, I just mumbled incoherent words. He looked at me in worry and guided me back to the car.

We were just inches away from it when I heard camera clicks and a swarm of people started piling up on us, reporters asking questions.

"Mr. Lee who is this woman?"

"Is she your girlfriend?"

"Mr. Lee what can you say about your father's new legislation?"

"Mr. Lee does your father know about this woman?"

I was so confused with what was happening. Taemin held onto my hand tighter and his expression darkens. 

"I'm not giving any comment. I have nothing to do about my father's duties, please don't ask me about the goverment. Please let us pass we need to leave."

"But Mr. Lee!"

The reporters were stubborn. They kept on pushing and pulling me into different directions. The flashes of the cameras blinded my eyes, and it feels like my eyesight is suffering even more.

Suddenly it's like everyone knew Taemin and I were in the park. I still don't know who he was, but I'm pretty sure he's famous. A celebrity maybe? But why are people asking about his father......

The force of the the pushing and pulling was so strong that I lost Taemin in the crowd. I panicked once again.

As I was pushed out of the crowd, some reporters spotted me and I ran away, but they ran after me.

I was so scared of getting lost again. This wasn't what I planned. This wasn't the reason why I went back here.

I was crying so hard as I ran with all my might that I didn't notice someone was in front of me. I collided with him and he fell to the ground.

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!" I exclaimed as I sobbed.

"Ronald Mcdonald?! Where were you!"

I recognized the voice and looked up to see my neighbor, all red and sweaty like he ran 5 miles.

I wanted to get mad at him, I wanted to question him for leaving me alone. But at that moment I was so traumatized of what happened.

"Take me away from here! Please!" I begged as I hugged his waist really tight.

He pushed me off but I refused to let go. I don't wanna lost him again.

"Hey, listen to me. If you're scared, or lost or whatever, do as I say. You count from 1 to 10. Okay? Count."

With a shaky breath, I started counting.

"1....... 2........ 3....... 4....... 5......."

My eyes were shut really tight and I felt him adjusting his body and lifting me up.

"7....... 8....... 9....."

His soft breathing on my forehead made me drowsy. I slowly opened my eyes and looked at him, and he looked at me, with that same grumpy, annoyed face. But I saw it in his eyes. I saw how worried he was. And for now, everything he did was forgiven.

"10......"

The next morning I woke up and I was in a familar boring living room. I rubbed my eyes and stood up, but immediately regretted it as pain shot up on my head and made me fall down, banging my head on the small table top in front of the sofa.

He must have heard it because after a few seconds, he came running out from the kitchen.

"Stupid woman! What are you doing!" he scolded me, but helped me sit back down on the sofa.

"Stop calling me names! It was your fault why I hyerventilated last night!"

He sat beside me in silence and fiddled with his fingers.

"I'm...... I'm sorry."

I looked up at him, surprised."

"What?"

"You heard what I said I don't need to say it again. You wait there I'll bring you here your breakfast." he hastily stood up and briskly walked to the kitchen.

He's nice, and I've always known it. People just base something on a first impression, but really, he's nice. I bet there's a reason why he's so closed off though.

"The food was good. You're a good cook." I said as I wiped my mouth with a tissue.

"Thanks."

"You're still not forgiven though."

"What? But I saved you last night! If it wasn't for me reporters would still be chasing you."

"If you didn't leave me alone, none of that would've happened."

He rolled his eyes and grumpily leaned back on his chair.

"What do you want me to do anyway?"

"Let me write about you."

He looked at me and his mood changed.

"No."

"Then I'll let you be guilty for what you have done for the rest of your life, goodbye...... wait I don't know your name, but that doesn't matter. Goodbye anyways."

I walked to the door, despite my still shaky vision and held on the door knob for support.

"Alright fine!" he said as he stood up and walked towards me.

"You will! Thank you!" I exclaimed in happiness and started jumping around, but almost fell in the process.

He was quick to catch me and prevent me from falling face first in the ground.

"Just sit down will you? You're still a little unwell, and slight feverish. Just rest on the sofa i don't mind. Just..... your hair color don't let it stain the sofa."

He lifted me up once again, and it made me conscious. He has lifted me up many times and a blush creeps upon my face remembering the first time he did it.

He put me on the sofa and grabbed an elastic band under the tabletop's drawer.

His fingers brushed through my red locks, and his hands were very gentle as he tied my hair into a high but really messy bun.

"You're really bad at hair tying."

"Hey, in case you forgot, I'm a manly man."

"Oh really? You're frilly body made me think otherwise."

He purses his lips and lifts up the food tray and marching angrily towards the kitchen.

"Can you at least tell me your name, Mr. Grumpy Manly Man?" I called out.

His face pops out of the kitchen a few minutes later.

"Jongin. Kim Jongin."


I forgot to update yesterday wtfwydfayiwedgef next chapter is probably Taemin's pov idrk I can't think of a scenario rn.

Help me? Anyone? Is this story still interesting I feel like I'm destroying it everytime I update lol I AM NOT GOOD WITH CHAPTERED FICS FORGIVE ME.

I'll update soonest! Thanks for reading! :)