II.

Pas de Chance

The new girl looks interesting. Who ever wants to have that kind of hair color. She looks like ronald mcdonald.

I'm in no mood to welcome anyone. I never talked to anyone anyway. Talking is a waste of time, and time must be used wisely.

I dragged myself out to work. This is the only way I can prove I'm not worthless. 

"Kai! Clean table number 5 will you!"

"Kai! The dishes!"

"Kai goddammit get the order of the new customers!"

This is what I have to face everyday. Countless swear words, orders.

"Can't believe this! You're so stupid!"

Hate.

"I'm sorry sir, I'll clean it up." I bowed as I wiped the spilled soup on the man's shirt. He slapped my hand off, as if disgusted and scoffed.

"Lowlives like you don't deserve to even touch clothes like these. You're so worthless!"

Worthless.

Worthless.

Worthless.

That same word he used at me before he had forsaken me. That same word I never want to hear from anyone, because it brings back painful memories I have learned to lock away through the deep core of my heart.

I raised my hand and was attempting to smack him when I heard someone calling me.

"Jongin!"

I turned to my left and saw somone approaching me with a smile on his face. My lips drew into a thin line and I lowered my hand.

"That's not how you treat customers." he bowed to the rude man in apology. "I'm sorry for what he did."

The man was too startled to say a word.

This is what Taemin does to people. He gives them heart attacks by suddenly visiting weird, dirty places like these.

"Let's go out for a walk, shall we Jongin?" he said, smiling in glee.

"I have work." I said with my head bowed down. I hate it when he does this.

"I mean, your boss doesn't mind right?" he said a little bit louder so the boss could hear him.

"A-ah, yes Mr. Lee Taemin. No worries. Kai I didn't know you knew the president's son!"

I sighed and took off my apron.

"5 minutes. Don't waste my precious time Taemin."

My boss smacked me at the back of my head.

"Don't be rude like that! Go on and talk for as long as you like, Mr. Taemin."

"Please just call me Taemin. Thank you for allowing Jongin to have a break. He seems tired."

"Anything for you Mr- I mean Taemin." my boss is such a big kisser.

"But I don't suppose you do this often. Please let him rest at the afternoon all the time, not just because I'm here."

The boss's jaw dropped at what he said, and Taemin proceeded to pull me outside.

We sat on a bench and didn't spoke to each other for a few minutes.

"Stop frowning, Jongin. You look older." he broke the silence.

"Stop calling me that. My name is Kai now."

"Jongin. Jongin. Jongin, Jongin, Jongin."

"Lee Taemin I'm gonna choke you."

He laughs and I sneered at him.

"How are you? I just came back from America so I haven't seen you in months. You never visited my house anymore."

"Stop going around this side of town and freaking people out. Jesus Taemin. I'm busy." I stood up. "And after the last incident I never wanted to come back to your house ever again. Just leave me be. I'm fine. I'm living life. I'm not following anyone's orders anymore. I'm free."

"That's not what I saw earlier. You just didn't want to be married that's why you left." Taemin retorted. "Dad regretted when he told you to leave."

"Well I never regretted leaving. And I'm not going back. Time is precious, and I don't wanna waste it by getting married to someone I haven't even met yet and following ridiculous orders. That's not living life, Taemin. That's imprisonment."

"We need that because we are the rulers of this country. We have traditions."

"I'm not part of your family anymore, Taemin. I left. And right now, what I'm doing, no matter how hard or how disgusting it is, this is what I call living."

"That is not living Jongin. You can't live all your life being so serious about everything."

"Yes. Yes I can."

"Is this because of her. Because she died so suddenly."

I turned around and grabbed him by his collar. The other people nearby got shocked at the scene and I can see them grabbing their phones and dialing a number.

"No. Stop talking about her like that. Go Taemin. Go and rule. Just like what you're trained to do."

I pushed him away and left. I didn't want to hear another word from him.

That night, I screamed and screamed. All the pressure took it's toll on me and there's no other way I can think of to stop the hurting I'm feeling.

Taemin reminded me of someone I've learned to forget. What a stupid brother.


a/n: this is jongin's pov haha hope you liked it. next chapter will be krystal's.