XVI.

Pas de Chance

I groaned as I watched Taemin take Soojung away, but it was probably for the best. I'd rather she stays away from me.

I watched them walk farther and farther away from me and once they were out of sight, I proceeded to walk towards the buffet table, grabbing a drink while trying to look not to elegant and not too sloppy.

As I was walking around, I spotted my father, not too far from where I was standing. I widened my eyes and walked briskly away, I definitely don't want to see him right now, and I don't want him to see me here either. That would just cause serious arguements.

I walked out of the hall and into the lobby. I considered leaving, since Taemin can take care of Soojung, but as I was about to walk out, I saw someone walking towards me, dressed in a formal attire.

"Kyungsoo?"

He looks up at me and he seems surprised that I was there.

"Jongin? What are you doing here?"

"Wait, no, what are you doing here?" I was even more confused. Not to be offending him or anything, but everytime I see Kyungsoo he's always in a simple jeans and checkered flannel. He doesn't look like the type who'd be well off.

Kyungsoo doesn't answer and just stares at me. Usually he'd be smiling so wide by now and flinging his arms around me, but right now he looks so serious and it's starting to creep me out.

"Jongin, I like you."

"Yeah....... We already made that clear......."

"No, I mean really like you."

"I remember telling you I was straight."

Kyungsoo looked like he was gonna burst and scream at me, and right now I'm not sure of what I'm supposed to do.

"What about the past few days when we were together? You were always hanging out with me, and you told me I'm a fun person to be with. I thought you already felt the same way!"

To be fairly honest, I was hanging out with Kyungsoo a lot during the past weeks because I was trying to get my mind off what happened when Soojung and I visited my old home. During that time I felt something, my heart was going crazy when I saw her crying over me, and I felt butterflies in my stomach.

I didn't want to feel that, I didn't want to feel like my world could just revolve around her, I'm not ready for that kind of thing.

I swore to myself back then that I'll treat her like a little sister that I never had, but as time passed, my feelings kept changing and I couldn't keep up with it.

So I chose to avoid her. But I didn't realize I was hurting someone else in the process. Kyungsoo misunderstood everything, and right now I feel like a total jerk.

Before I could explain myself, Kyungsoo launched himself forward and encircled his arms around my neck. He pulls me towards him and kisses me full on the lips.

I tried to move, but I couldn't. At that point I was frozen, like Kyungsoo has cast me under a spell. It wasn't that I wanted it, but..... it doesn't feel like I didn't want it either.

A commotion ensued inside the hall, breaking me off my trance. I pushed Kyungsoo away harshly and punched him in the face, making him fall down.

" YOU!" I screamed at him and pushed him away, walking briskly back inside the hall.

As I entered, the first thing I saw was my father, a look of shock evident in his face as he finally saw me. I widened my eyes and was about to run away, but then I saw something red lying down on the middle of everyone, and everyone looking at her like she was some sort of artifact.

It was Soojung, and she looked like she was hurt. I ignored every hesitation I had and was about to walk towards her, but someone ran beside me even before I had the chance to reach her.

I saw Taemin as he carefully lifts Soojung up and lets the crowd part as he passes. He meets eyes with me, as if a signal that I should follow.

"No! Don't follow. Go away." I heard her speak, and I saw the tears in her eyes, and it breaks my heart. I don't know why, but it's so painful for me to see her crying so hard like that. She must've had a bad fall.

But why was she pushing me away? What did I do again?

Taemin walks away, and as he leaves, everyone started whispering about who the mysterious girl in Taemin's arms was, and what was her involvement with him. Hearing things like this anger me, why can't people mind their own damn business.

I decided it's best if I follow Soojung and Taemin. I know she doesn't want me near her, but I'm determined to know what was wrong and why she fell and why she was crying. I feel so, so stupid, I feel bad that I have to leave her alone, just because I know Taemin can take care of her. 

Someone pulls me by the arm before I could walk away, and I turn to see my father, a glint evident in his eyes. He was smiling, but I could tell he was confused, as well as pissed that his favorite son is being talked about like this.

"Who was that girl?" he whispers to me. I pursed my lips and shrugged.

"I don't know."

"Don't lie to me, Kim Jongin. I know when you're lying or not."

I wasn't fazed. He will never ever know about Soojung, I can't let him ruin her life like how he ruined mine. I stayed silent, so he chuckled.

"Now that you're here, maybe this will be the perfect time."

I furrowed my eyebrows. Time for what? He calls someone behind me, his smug face immediately turning into a smile in a couple of seconds. I turned around and saw a man in expensive suit, along with a girl who looks like she's the same age as me. She looked elegant as well.

"Mr. Choi!" my father greets the man. I looked over to the girl and she was looking at me shyly. I cringed in disgust.

"So, is this your secret son?" Mr. Choi says as he points at me, making sure to whisper the last part. My dad nods and Mr. Choi scrutinized me from head to toe before nodding as well.

"He'd be the perfect fiance for my daughter, Jinri."

I looked at my father accusingly. Again with this?!

"I told you I don't want to get married. I don't want to follow everything you say from now on." I said, holding back my anger. I may be so angry at him right now, but causing a scene might make things worse.

"Why are you so stubborn? I'm doing this for you, for your future, so you won't fail and rot in a mediocre apartment and work in such a lousy job." he retorted.

I scoffed. Having a mediocre apartment and a lousy job is better than having him as a father. I huffed and looked away, just in time to see Kyungsoo running towards me, and he didn't look very happy.

A crazy idea popped into my head, and I didn't wanna have to do this, but desperate times calls for desperate measures.

"I can't marry her." I said firmly. As Kyungsoo comes up beside me, a fist ready to be aimed at my face, I pull him towards me and pecks him on the lip.

"I'm gay, and I have a boyfriend." I said as I hook my arms around Kyungsoo.

I don't know what I'm doing, but right now, I confirm that I am the stupidest human on earth.


a/n: yay update! Is the story still interesting? I'm running out of ideas for the next chapters lol help! But I'll try to update this more often sorry for the long wait.

Anyway if you have time, go check out my drabbles on drabblepuffs, I already posted one featuring perfumer kyungsoo, so if I want to go check it out.

Thanks for reading! :)