XI.

Pas de Chance

I seriously felt like I was gonna die when I couldn't find her anywhere. I remembered the time when I left her and found her hyperventilating on the street.

I don't want that to happen again. I feel very protective of her.

I called Taemin to ask for help. I'm still angry at him, but him and his security can help me find Soojung faster wherever she may be.

"Taemin! Have you found her yet? A girl with pinkish red hair with crutches!"

"Jongin, Seoul is a big place. I already sent my men out, but it's only been 30 minutes."

"Anything can happen in 30 minutes you bastard!" I screamed at the phone. I was freaking out by now. I've been running so hard that my slippers got removed from my feet, and now they have blisters because of the burning cement that felt like sandpaper. "She's the only person who has crutches and red hair!"

"Just calm down, I'll go to your apartment and check her apartment room."

"Fine! I'll meet you there." I said as I hang up immediately. His security team are the worst.

I started running again with all my might, and as I turned the corner I collided with a guy in a bicycle. I fell down, face first to the ground. Goddammit.

I slowly sat up, groaning in pain.

"Are you... okay?" the other person asked as he stands up as well, running to me for aid.

"I'm fine." I said as I pushed him away and stood up, dusting myself from the gravel that got into my pajamas.

"But your feet..... And your face! It's bleeding!" he said with his (abnormally) wide eyes, pointing at me like I'm dying.

"I'm fine! Mind your own business!" I retorted and started running away from him. I heard his faint screams, but never turned back and continued running. 

Right now, Soojung is my priority, not my wounds.

As I arrived at the building and on my floor, I caught sight of Taemin and Soojung.

"Taemin? What are you doing here?"

How does she know who Taemin is? That wasn't important right now, because I suddenly felt myself calming down, seeing that she's okay.

I said everything that I was thinking of at the moment, not stopping to take a breath. The only time I felt this free to speak my mind was when I was with my mother.

She understands me, just like how Soojung understands me. I was just to dumb to notice it, and I push her away instead.

"Uh.... guys? You know each other?" Taemin remarks after a while.

"You're one to talk. You didn't even told me you were the president's son." Soojung replied. I stiffened and felt unsecure for a second.

If Soojung knows Taemin, then she must have known I'm Taemin's brother..... right?

But she never makes a comment about that...... I stared at Taemin for answers, but he was busy talking with Soojung. They laughed and talked and smiled like I wasn't even around.

"I know Jongin because he's my......" Taemin trails off and stares at me. I gave him a signal, indicating that if he said one more word I wouldn't think twice and break his neck in front of Soojung. "...... friend." he continued. I breathed a sigh of relief.

"You didn't tell me you're the president's son!" she said enthusiastically.

"You didn't tell me you knew Taemin." I replied. What's so fun being friends with the 'president's son'.

When Taemin left,  it was awkward between the two of us again. I waited for her as she goes to the kitchen and noticed an open notebook by the table.

I decided to take a peak.

Sometimes, all he wants is for someone to understand.

For someone to sit there in the silence while he lets sadness speak for him.

Even if he's not opening his mouth, I can still read his lips without the movement,

and even if his eyes aren't hidden beneath tears I can still see the pain.

I know he's the most confusing person on the face of earth, but sometimes I realize

I understand him without me knowing. That's why I'm mad.

I put the notebook down and stared at her, at the long, red hair flowing on her back, at how she's so frantic right now trying to find something I don't know.

She's amazing with words, this is how she got me to agree. If I could, I'd read all her stories again and again.

But even though I could get lost with her words in a second, that doesn't change the fact that she almost gave me a heart attack.

"So, why does he call you Kai? Do you have a dual personality, or are you an ex convict trying to hide from the public?" she asked, coming back to the living room. She had a glass of water on one hand and a small box on the other.

"Where did you go?" I retorted, not answering her question. Those things I could explain later on as we get along.

"I was at the rooftop. I needed time to get away from you, because you're just so..... confusing. You're confusing me a whole lot."

What? Me? She's the one who's confusing! Not talking for days, and then suddenly she's so happy yesterday when I got back to the apartment, and just when I had a bad day. It's like she's mocking me without her even noticing.

"If you were just in the rooftop, why did you write something scary as this!" I said, my voice rising as I threw her the letter I found in my doorstep. "You had me worried sick!"

She gives me the glass of water without a word, and I hesitated before grabbing it and drinking it in one go. I put the empty glass on the table, making a loud sound as I put it down to indicate that I am fuming at this very moment.

I stared at her thoroughly as she opens the box, which is actually a first aid kit. I forgot I even had wounds, and I watched her as she meticulously pours alcohol on a cotton ball.

"I'm sorry I had to scare you," she said as she begins to treat the blisters on my right foot. I hissed in pain. "but I figured you wouldn't even care about me leaving."

"If I didn't care, would I have ran all over Seoul in my pajamas and my bare feet looking for you?!" I screamed.

"You said you wanted to get away from me last night! You're so bipolar!" she retorted as she slams the first aid kit on the sofa. The contents fall down, and she stood up too fast that she almost fell, thankfully I caught her in time.

I realized my once again rude behavior and tried to calm myself down.

"I'm sorry. Just sit down will you." She stares at me violently for the longest time and finally sits back down. She gathers the fallen objects and puts them back on the box.

I stayed silent for quite a while, gathering up the courage to tell her why I was so worried and angry. She might take this the wrong way, but I don't even care anymore.

"I know, that I'm not the best person to get along with, and I know I have the shortest of temper...... But......" I stopped and stared at her straight in the eye.

"I don't....... want you going anywhere where I can't see you. This is crazy, and I don't know why, but you...... Ever since you came, I feel like I've changed. I'm not the person I used to be. Back then, my life was like my walls; gray and boring. But you......

You're the most annoying person in the planet. You're tactless, you do something without thinking, you're always getting into trouble, you're persistent to the point of being annoying, but........

You brought color to my life. And honestly, I realized a lot of things yesterday, just from talking to you. I was just mad. I was just annoyed, but that doesn't mean I hate you. You know how when a person is mad, they says things they don't really mean. And that was what happened last night.

I know I'm confusing you with my bipolar attitude, but you should've been used to that by now! We've known each other for a month and a half."

"Do you like me?" the words came out of before I could even say anything more.

I stared at her in mock horror, trying my hardest not to explode again. You're so full of yourself, are you Jung Soojung?

"Jesus! Why would you even---- I hate people like you!" I replied as I stood up, trying to get away from Soojung as far as possible.

I felt electricity ran up my arm as she holds my hand and forced me to sit down.

"I didn't mean it like that, ! I meant if you like me as in, you don't hate me anymore?" she said with shifty eyes.

I don't even know if what she said made sense, but I could see she was trying to avoid eye contact.

"What do you think?" I said with a grin.

As I accompanied her to sleep that night, I stared at her sleeping face and chuckled as I noticed saliva coming out of .

Soojung, you're so sloppy. How could I like you?

I admit, I do feel something. But not to the point where I consider it as liking her. Let's just say I'm very fond of her.

I should buy a phone. Whenever she gets out of my sight, I worry a lot. She's too stupid to survive here in Korea.

So the next morning, while she was still sleeping, I ventured off to the mall to find the cheapest phone I could buy.

I sighed as I stared at the money in my wallet. This money would've been used to repaint my walls, since Soojung said they were boring.

But Soojung is more important than wallpaper, so here I am, looking for a phone for her and for me.

"Hey! It's you!" a guy beside me says, and I look up to see an unfamiliar face.

"Uh......"

"It's me! From yesterday?" he said, and his eyes wander to my bandaged face. "I see your bruises have been treated. How have you been feeling?"

That's when I remembered. He was the guy in the bicycle. I looked away from him and back to the phones on display.

"I'm fine. How's yours?" I asked without looking at him. I could almost see him smiling even without looking at him. That's strange.

"Ah, I'm fine, just a little bruise that's all. What are you doing here?"

Looking for a phone, obviously. Did this guy got hit on the head when he collided with me? I didn't answer him and continued staring at a certain pink colored phone. That would definitely suit her.

"I'm Kyungsoo! Let's be friends!" 

"Look, I'm sorry I ran into you yesterday and got you bruised, but really, I don't need any friends right now. I just want to buy a phone." I said straightforwardly.

I could see the disappointment in his eyes and I left him standing there to talk to the cashier.

When I finally paid for the phones, I got out of the shop and noticed him still there. He smiled and ran towards me.

"Here. I really wanna be your friend. You look so interesting!" he says as he puts a piece of paper inside the paper bag I was holding and ran off without a word.

Why do I have to get stucked with pushy people. Jesus.


a/n: Sorry I couldn't update yesterday! It was Yifan's presscon on SOWK, and I wouldn't miss it for the world. He's my starlight. :)

ooh, a new character! What's his purpose here????? Hmmmmm???? :)))))))