Chapter Two

Intertwined

 

It has been only two days since Jae Kyung, Ga Eul, and Jan Di left for Ulsan and F3 seems to be bored out of their mind. Ji Hoo seems to be the only sane one out of the four of them. He eyed all of them warily. Jun Pyo didn’t even try to hide the fact that he misses his wife dearly even though he calls and texts her like every five minutes since the day she got on the plane. Yi Jeong was a little better than that. He hid it, but the fact that he couldn’t focus on playing pool against Woo Bin was a dead give-away that he misses his country bumpkin. Prince Song had no problem at all hiding it, but Ji Hoo just has a hunch that Prince Song actually wanted Jae Kyung to be around him.

“Isn’t a little quiet today?” Ji Hoo decided to bring his friends back to life.

Woo Bin smiled. “What? Suddenly the quiet doesn’t suit you, Ji Hoo?” he teased in a friendly way.

Ji Hoo grinned. “Of course not, it’s just a little odd that Gu Jun Pyo seems to mute. It’s a nice little surprise.”

“YAH! I am not deaf you know! Also, it is sure as hell I am not mute!” Jun Pyo defended himself.

Yi Jeong smiled. That smile of him can sure bring any girl’s day back up. “Now that’s more like him,” he said as he put back the pool stick against the wall and joined Ji Hoo and Jun Pyo at the sofas. He was wearing his odd gloves again.

Woo Bin followed suit. “Yo Yi Jeong, what’s up with your get up?” he asked as he stared at Yi Jeong.

Jun Pyo’s attention span was quiet easy to distract; therefore, he turned to look at what Prince Song was talking about and also commented, “He looks fine to me except for those odd looking gloves. Those have got to be the ugliest thing I have seen in my life.”

Ji Hoo also looked at them and smiled in the inside and kept his poker face on. “I wouldn’t call them ugly, but they sure are odd,” he commented and gave Yi Jeong another one of his knowing looks. “We have seen those before, haven’t we?” he added and continued to look at Yi Jeong.

Yi Jeong knows very well where Ji Hoo is getting at. “That 4-D bastard, he just had to bring it up didn’t he?” he thought and faked a cough.

“Yo! I remember now! We have seen them before! Ga Eul-yang gave them to you didn’t she?!”

“Pfft, she needs to learn how to knit better,” Jun Pyo said. He was obviously jealous that Jan Di never made him those before, but then again she did make him chocolate with his faces on them before he remembered.

Yi Jeong glared at him, but was understanding about it. Gu Jun Pyo was as sensitive as a patient on anesthesia. “I like them,” he stated. “They’re pretty warm,” he added just like he said years ago when he first received them.

Ji Hoo smiled as he remember Yi Jeong’s exact words from, give or take seven years ago or so, “They’re a little tacky, but they’re pretty warm”.

Even to today, Ji Hoo is still the only person to notice little things first and then slyly put his friends in little fixed that makes them want to punch him for his sick sense of humor to make his friends be in sticky situations.

Back to the females, Ga Eul, Jan Di, and Jae Kyung found themselves comfortable in JK Group’s heiress mini yacht. It was cold and windy in Ulsan, but for some reason, they love being there. Maybe it was the fact that Jan Di can step away from being Madam Gu for a minute, and Jae Kyung can finally be free of workloads. They sat in a relaxed position while fishing in the Sea of Japan.

“Unni, is there something you didn’t tell us?” Jan Di finally asked. She had this little tug in her stomach for forever and she wants to finally relieve it.

“What?” Jae Kyung asked back with just as much curiosity.

Jan Di looked at Ga Eul and Ga Eul nodded back, “Is there something going on between you and Woo Bin sunbae?” Ga Eul asked.

Jae Kyung chuckled, but it was an obvious fake and nervous chuckle. “What do you mean?” she played innocent.

“Don’t you dare play dumb,” another girl voice said from behind. “Ga Eul and Jan Di told me everything.”

“So Min!” Jae Kyung exclaimed. “You don’t even know them,” she muttered as if she was caught red handed.

“You’re right, I don’t know these F4 people, but it feels as though I do because that’s all you guys could talk about!” the girl complained again as she sat down next to Jae Kyung. Jung So Min was really the main reason why the girls didn’t want F4 to come along. They wanted to see their best friend, Jung So Min without getting her involved with F4. Being involved with F4 has its pros but at the same time, just as many cons. It was nice to have someone that wasn’t involved with them. They were allowed out of their bubble and relax and just forget who they are and who they are bound to. They can complain to So Min all they want and listen to her opinions because her opinions are unbiased. She doesn’t know F4 in real life, making her judgments and opinions much easier to form.

Ga Eul laughed. “That is actually quite true. This world sure is small,” she added as they all remember how they all know each other.

It was on the day when F3, Jae Kyung, and Ga Eul welcomed Jan Di and Jun Pyo back from their honeymoon in Hawaii. Everyone gave the couple a heartfelt welcome back hug and soon dispatch in gender. The Shinwha men went to grab their luggage and stood guard to block all the ‘commoners’ from them. F4 went in front of the girls because they wanted to talk and thank God they did because Ga Eul and Jae Kyung had so many questions for Jan Di that it was unbelievable. However, before they could ask her, all three of them noticed a pretty girl around their age pulling a suitcase from the terminal next to them. She had Dr. Dre’s large earphones on and she wore blue skinny jeans with a plaid flannel shirt on with only one button buttoned with a white cami under it. She had on a very familiar looking scarf to Ga Eul, and the flannel shirt was like déjà vu for Jae Kyung.

Ga Eul nudged Jan Di. “That looks like the scarf I knitted for So Min when I first learned how to knit.”

Jae Kyung also looked at the strangely familiar girl. “That’s like the flannel shirt I have. That flannel shirt has only two. I bought one for me and my friend So Min,” she commented,

“You know this girl too? Jung So Min?” Jan Di asked in surprised.

Jae Kyung nodded and continue to try to pin out if that’s really Jung So Min, her friend. “Are we talking about the same Jung So Min?”

“I think so if yours is also bubbly, jumpy, happy-go lucky, overly hyper, and a med student,” Ga Eul said as she also tried to confirm that it is So Min.

“Oh my God! That’s her! We all know her!” Jae Kyung said happily as she looked at Ga Eul and Jan Di.

Jan Di then frowned. “But So Min said she wouldn’t be back from University of Manchester until next year.”

“But that has got to be her! She has the flannel shirt on!”

“She also has on the scarf I made!”

The three ladies were about to go off and confront the look alike girl, but was interrupted by the calling of F4 to hurry up. They didn’t have a choice but to let it go and try to find their friend Jung So Min later. In the end, Jae Kyung used her heiress powers to track down So Min.

All four of them laughed. “I can’t believe you lied to us!” Jae Kyung tried to change the topic.

“Hey hey! That was like a year ago, okay? Let it go?” So Min replied and laughed.

“You made us track you down and everything!” Jan Di complained.

So Min grinned and reached over to pinch Jan Di’s cheek. “Let’s call it even since I wasn’t invited to your wedding,” she suggested. “Speaking of which, Jan Di has been married to that Gu Jun Pyo for almost a year now right?”

Jan Di sighed. “Yup, I am surprised I haven’t filed a divorce with him already.”

Ga Eul slapped her gently. “You know you don’t mean that!”

Jan Di smiled. She was totally caught. No matter how much she and he bickers, at the end of the day, she can’t help but love him.

“Well then Ga Eul when are you going to get married?” So Min inquired. She was perfectly informed on the story between these girls and F4. She also has detailed descriptions of each F4 member.

Ga Eul shrugged. That was another thing that was bothering her. Yi Jeong and she are engaged, but after purposing to her, he has never mentioned about getting married for a long time now. “I don’t know.”

Jae Kyung smiled. “Don’t worry Ga Eul! Woo Bin said that Yi Jeong is crazy about you. It’s only a matter of time.”

“And the truth comes out!” So Min said evilly. “Why are you so close to Song Woo Bin?” she started interrogating her friend.

“Leave it to So Min to catch little things like this. I swear you are the exact opposite of Ji Hoo sunbae but have that same corky eye to catch things,” Jae Kyung complained while her friends laugh at her.

So Min frowned. “Don’t compare me to him. I don’t know him! I am me and he is he!” she said full of dignity.

Jan Di chuckled at her friend. They absolute love this girl. She’s funny, sweet, caring, and best of all, fun loving. “Ararso, araso,” Jan Di obliged her friend. “Got any job offers yet?” she asked So Min deciding to let Jae Kyung off the hook for now.

So Min’s high and might head slump low now. “Not even one,” she said sadly. “All the hospitals I have applied to are full.”

“I am sure you will find one soon,” Ga Eul encouraged her friend. Ga Eul was like the comforting mother of the group while Jan Di was the mother stands up for her children but in this case, her friends.

Jae Kyung sighed. “I don’t understand why you just ask your-”

So Min cut her off in a heartbeat. “Don’t say it,” she said darkly. “You know I have no relations with that family.”

Jan Di and Ga Eul looked sympathetically at So Min. “HEY! I think I got something!” Ga Eul said excitedly and breaking the somber mood.

Jung So Min… a very pretty girl with the warmest chocolate eyes that can compare to Chu Ga Eul, strength of Guem Jan Di, and the giddy and happy form of Ha Jae Kyung. Where to even begin with the history of Jung So Min? Well, she knows Ga Eul and Jan Di through school. Before Jan Di went to Shinwha, they went to school together. She knows Jae Kyung because of an accident: fighting for the flannel shirts. Poor or rich? Both. She was actually an orphan. She grew up in an orphanage and when she turned 16 she went off to work and to support herself. However, soon enough, her father came to look for her. Who knew that the president of Oceanic Group had an affair and had a child? The truth unraveled in front of her when she was 18. She was actually supposed to lead a well off life in luxury if it wasn’t for her step mother. Her biological mother died apparently when she was three, but her father was suppose to divorce her step mother. However, he didn’t, in the end, he was blinded by money and agreed to let the divorce drop and deny all the accusation of scandals and affairs. He even had the nerve to publically insult her mother. The only reason why he went to find her was because his guilty conscience has been beating him for the past 18 years. She could never forgive him. However, no matter how much she resented her step mother, she was glad that her step mother hated her so much. Because she hated So Min so much, she allowed So Min to study aboard. That allowed So Min to be as far away from that family as possible because everyday living in that huge house with her step siblings and her hated father and her awful step mother was like hell for her. When she went aboard to study, all the money sent to her, she retuned back to Seoul. She worked to support herself like she did when she was sixteen. Now, Jung So Min is a grown woman that knows what she wants in life. Jung So Min is no Cinderella and no damsel in distress. She hates Prince Eric from The Little Mermaid because he can’t even remember the girl who saved his life. She hated the prince from Snow White just because she thought that movie was gay. However, she especially hated Prince Charming. She doesn’t need a prince on a white horse to save her because she is perfectly capable of saving herself.

“After this vacation, I have to pay them a visit,” So Min informed her friends. They all have moved back into the hotel and now they all are resting in the presidential suit that Jae Kyung has paid for.

“Poopy, what do they want from you now?” Ga Eul asked.

“I don’t know. My step sister called and said that it was a family meeting.”

“You know, I never liked your sister,” Jae Kyung said honestly.

So Min laughed. “I never liked her either.” So Min’s step sister is about the same age as So Min but never once did they get along. “It’s nice to have friends like you guys. I am so glad that Ga Eul and Jan Di already know Unni and are friends with her. You know, she isn’t exactly an easy person to get along with.”

They all laugh except for Jae Kyung, but soon enough, she joined their laughter. “It’s nice to have you as a friend too So Min.”

“It’s nice to have someone who is free from F4 drama,” Jan Di said.

“I hope it stays that way,” Ga Eul added.

“Me too,” Jae Kyung seconded.

The four ladies relaxed and watch movies and dramas while eating all the junk food their heart desired. Who knew that what they wished for was going to be jinxed?

“Ji Hoo, when are you going to get a wife or at least a girlfriend?” Jun Pyo asked his friend in fear of his new wife would leave him for his best friend.