Chapter Twelve

Intertwined

 

So Min and Ji Hoo are eating breakfast at home together. He sat at the top of the table while she sat to his right. They were both reading their newspaper while eating their English muffin with a plate of eggs and bacons. This has become a routine for them when they actually get to sleep at home and go to work the next day.

“I got caught last night,” So Min said behind her newspaper.

“About what?” he asked back also still reading his newspaper.

“Consummation of our marriage,” she answered nonchalantly as she continued to read the health section of the newspaper.

He gently put down his newspaper and looked over at her. “And?”

She also put down hers and look right back him. “I got a lecture,” she pouted.

Ji Hoo laughed knowing that Ga Eul and Jan Di would definitely give her talk. “I figured that much. I am sure you know that what they say is true.”

“I know; we are to have an heir blah blah blah.”

“Yeah, well if makes you feel any better, F4 also know that we haven’t consummated our marriage last night too. You could only imagine how Yi Jeong reacted. It was completely priceless.”

“I know; I feel sorry for him. Ga Eul is real stubborn when she wants to be.”

“Jan Di threatened to tell Grandfather Yoon,” So Min returned the subject back to where it belonged.

Ji Hoo sighed and started to help So Min clear the table and clean up. “I knew she would. Out of all people, I thought Jan Di-ah would understand for me.”

“I wonder if he still loves Jan Di?”So Min thought because of his comment. “I don’t think she’ll do it though,” she added.

Ji Hoo just shrugs. “We’ll just take one day at a time.”

So Min nodded in agreement. They both cleaned up and got dress in separate bathrooms. They arrived at the hospital, and as usual, the stares never seize. The dean and the other head department doctors are already in Ji Hoo’s office living room waiting for them.

“Oh hey,” So Min said brightly to everyone and placed her duffle bag full of a week worth of clothes down next to the bed. While Ji Hoo placed his down next to the door and also headed for the empty seat in the living room with the rest of the doctors.

“What’s going on? I thought the meeting isn’t going to be until eleven,” he said as he looked at his expensive silver watch which had a matching one for women that So Min was wearing. It was a gift of the So couple.

“We decided to start the meeting early and have it in your room,” the dean said.

So Min scratched her head. “Erm, well , I will go out then,” she said awkwardly. She never attend any of the meetings Ji Hoo goes to because it was only open for head doctors of certain wards, the Head Doctor who is Ji Hoo, the dean, and the rest of board of directors. Yes, Ji Hoo’s living room is that big to hold a whole entire meeting.

Dean Lee smiled. “No, no, So Min, you don’t have to leave. I wanted to talk to you anyways so take a seat.”

So Min looked around to find that there is no other open seat left in the room.  Ji Hoo gallantly stood up and lends her his seat and stood behind her.

“Dr. Kim is retiring and he asked that you would take over the children’s ward,” Dean Lee announced. “I am very pleased to tell you that you would be the new children’s ward head doctor.”

“You’re kidding!” So Min exclaimed and then looked over to Dr. Kim. “You’re joking!”

“No, dear, I am not. I was observing you when you come visit the children’s ward. They all seem to love you and you sure have a way with them too. I feel safer if you were the one looking out for the ward,” Dr. Kim said honestly.

So Min smiled humbly. “You flatter me Dr. Kim. Thank you so much for giving me this chance though! I love children very much!”

Dean Lee chuckled. “Well then you won’t have any problems when you and Dr. Yoon have kids.”

So Min blushed deeply while Ji Hoo just faked a cough, and all the doctors laughed heartily because most of the doctors in the room are either married or married have children plus they have heard about the incident between the couple in the elevator. So Min and Ji Hoo are the only young doctors that hold the highest position. Of course, Jan Di is a very capable doctor, but she also has a second job as Madame Gu; therefore, she had declined being the head doctor of the ER ward. However, now that So Min is the new head doctor of the children’s ward, Ji Hoo and So Min’s time together is going to be shortened even more.

“Um, well… er… I’ll go visit Jan Di-ah,” So Min said awkwardly and quickly got up and leave the room.

Dean Lee and all the other older doctors laughed as So Min leaves the room. “Ah, youngsters now a day, Seok Young must be very pleased to have a granddaughter in- law like So Min.”

“He must be,” another doctor agreed. “You know Dr. Yoon; you need to watch out for your wife. I heard that many young male nurse and doctors has, well HAD, an eye for her.”

Ji Hoo just gave a little nod. “Let’s get the meeting started,” he said hoping to bring the doctors back to earth.

So Min swiftly made her way to Madame Gu’s office seeking consultations. “What if I do love Ji Hoo? But what if Ji Hoo still loves Jan Di?” She thought as she knocked on Jan Di’s door.

“Come in!” Jan Di’s voice muffled by the door called out.

“Hey!” So Min said as she shut the door behind her.

Jan Di looked up from her patient’s chart and smiled at her friend. “What’s up?”

“Ji Hoo,” So Min answered and took a seat at Madame Gu’s multi-million dollar couch that Jun Pyo gave her as an office welcoming gift.

Jan Di took a seat next to her soon. “What happened?”

“Nothing happened per se, but I… I don’t know… I feel differently toward him,” So Min said as if she was talking to herself.

Jan Di smiled. “How so?”

“I don’t know… it seems as if I want him to notice me more, care for me, and when I’m near him, my heart starts racing.” Jan Di laughed and So Min frowned. “That’s not funny!”

“Sorry, I wasn’t laughing at you per se, I was laughing at myself.”

“Yourself?”

“Yeah, you reminded me of the time Jun Pyo and I first kissed. That was the first time my heart raced uncontrollably, other than the rest of the times when my heart race from having to hit him so much.”

“You guys are such a violent couple,” So Min agreed.

Jan Di laughed. “But that’s why we’re a couple. Yi Jeong and Ga Eul are the soulmate couple because their story is like a movie: Playboy and innocent girl while Jun Pyo and I are more like love hate relationship.”

“What about Jae Kyung and Woo Bin?”

“Hmm… what kind of couple are they? I think the kind that says ‘we’re just playing around but the truth is we actually like each other a lot’,” Jan Di said and laughed along with So Min because she also agrees completely. “And you, So Min, you and Ji Hoo are a very…”

“Very?” So Min inquired.

Jan Di’s lip played a very sweet and soft smile. “You guys are a very admirable couple.”

“Admirable?” So Min asked in surprise. Jan Di obviously knew that this marriage so far is fake concerning the consummation of the marriage.

“Yeah, you guys seem so… so intertwined with each other, always on the same page, and you bring out the side of Ji Hoo that no one has ever seen before,” Jan Di said honestly and happily since her sunbae has finally found his other half.

“I am sure you have seen this side of him before. You guys were so… close,” So Min said carefully.

Jan Di nodded. “We are soulmates,” she admitted causing So Min’s shoulders to slump just a little but she recomposed herself before Jan Di notices. “Actually, he is my soulmate, but I don’t think I am his anymore,” Jan Di said calmly with no regrets. “He understands me and he will always care for me, but I think he found someone he is even more compatible to than me,” Jan Di said seriously and looked So Min in the eye, “He cares about you…a lot more than you give him credit for. Just the way he looks at you, I realize that I have lost him to you.”

So Min frowned at Jan Di’s comment, “You make it sound as if I stole him from you.”

“Well… you kinda did, BUT I don’t mind,” Jan Di said while laughing.

“Oh my gosh!I did steal him from you! You guys belonged together and I got in the way!” So Min said franticly.

Jan Di shook her shoulders to calm her down. “What are you talking about?! I’m married already! Ji Hoo sunbae is MY soulmate because he understands for me. I’m not HIS soulmate because I can’t do what you do for him. You understand him not me.”

So Min felt a little better, “Yeah, that’s what you think, but what about Ji Hoo? Does he think the same way as you?”

Jan Di shrugged. “I don’t know that you have to ask him if you really want to know. However, I think he knows it too, so you don’t have to worry,” she said reassuringly.

So Min still not convinced said, “I don’t know, Jan Di. This is too weird. I-”

She was interrupted by Ji Hoo’s knocking on Jan Di’s door.

“Speaking of the devil,” Jan Di said while grinning at So Min. “Come on in!”

Ji Hoo came in and patted Jan Di on the head and saw So Min sitting on her couch. “Just the person I was looking for,” he said. “By the way Jan Di, Jun Pyo called me and he told me to tell you that he won’t come home for dinner.”

“Why can’t he tell me himself?” Jan Di asked in confusion as to why her own husband wouldn’t call her himself.

“You had your phone off he said so he told me to tell you,” Ji Hoo answered.

“Oh,” Jan Di said.

“So can I have my wife back now?” Ji Hoo asked as he looked over his shoulder at his wife.

Jan Di also looked at So Min and smiled triumphantly. “Certainly,” she answered.

Ji Hoo took a hold of So Min’s hand and he laced his fingers through hers and led her out of Jan Di’s office while Jan Di stood to watch and she smile to herself at the sight.

“What’s up?” So Min asked as she tries to ignore her heart beating fast uncontrollably.

“I want to go visit your new office,” Ji Hoo said and continues to walk.

“New office? I just got promoted today!”

Ji Hoo stopped causing So Min to bump into him. He held her where she was and bends down so that his face was close to her. “That, Mrs. Yoon, is a perk for being the wife of the Head Doctor of the Hospital,” he said smiling and gave her a peck on the lips.

“Ahem, Dr. Yoons, I hate to repeat myself,” Dean Lee said nonchalantly as he passed by the young couple.

Ji Hoo has smoothly wrapped his arms around So Min as she was still gawking at Dean Lee’s decreasing figure. “You have just the greatest timing, don’t you,” she said sarcastically as she looked up at him.

He just shrugged and continues down the hall to her new office. “This is your own office so you don’t have to share my office with me,” he told her and unlocked her office door. “Ladies first,” he said and gave her light shove into the room.

“This is all mine?” she asked as she sees the newly bought furniture and Mac notebook.

“Yup,” he replied and closed the door behind him. “You have your own bedroom too. Basically, your office layout is like mine but smaller.”

So Min found the bed and quickly laid on it. “This is great!”

Ji Hoo smiled fondly and came over to her bed. “I’m glad you like it. I figured that there would be days you would rather sleep here instead of my bed.” He wanted to give her some personal space. However, he would much rather have her next to him in his office with him.

“Thanks! I love this new office!” she exclaimed and reached over to give him a hug.

He chuckled. “Even though you like this office, you still have to come to my office once in a while or else I’ll be bored to death,” he said while pulling her closer so that she was sitting side by side with him while still hugging him.

“I know, and plus, I wasn’t planning on spending time the office unless it’s working. I’ll still sleep in your office because I prefer that more and harabeoji will find out that I don’t sleep on the same bed as you,” she said and winked.

 The couple stayed in the hugging position while looking at nothing in particular. Once again there was another cough.

“Ahem! Dr. Yoons,” a nurse said awkwardly. “Sorry, but your grandfather is looking for you in Dr. Yoon’s office.”

“My office?” So Min asked in confusion because she was already in her office.

“No, the other Dr. Yoon’s office.”

So Min never had a probably changing her last name to Yoon. Plus, it sounded better, Yoon So Min VS Jung So Min.

“Alright let’s go,” So Min said and got up first. This time it was her turn to drag Ji Hoo around the hospital.

They reached Ji Hoo’s office and came in hand in hand. Harabeoji Yoon was standing with his back to the door while looking at the little wall space that weren’t windows in Ji Hoo’s office and gruffly whispered to himself.