Chapter Twenty

Intertwined

 

“Dr. Yoon, is there something wrong with your leg? You’re walking a little funny today,” one of So Min’s nurses asked with genuine concern.

So Min could only gritted her teeth and forcefully smile. “Nah, my feet just hurts from wearing heals,” she lied right through her teeth.

As she and her colleague talked, Ji Hoo and his team of people walked right passed her and the nurse. If only she saw his smirk, she would have probably gave him another back kick just like their first meeting as warning not to .

Ji Hoo laughed to himself as he saw how his wife walked today. All his coworkers were giving him stares, “What’s so funny opppa!” whined one of his fan/ nurse.

He stopped his chuckles and returned to the indifferent Ji Hoo and replied, “Nothing,” and continued down the hall to his work. Only So Min can cause her to smile genuinely and make him interested in everything she is.

This morning was the greatest morning of So Min’s and Ji Hoo’s life. They both didn’t want to get out of bed and leave the warmth and sweetness they were getting from each other. They both agreed that if this was what marriage is like they would want to stay like this forever. These two people have never experienced love in this level. They have all loved someone before, but they feel as though they could and would take a bullet for each other if they had to. Something as common as arrange marriages in their society actually became something so rare and precious to that it doesn’t fall short compared to Jan Di’s and Jun Pyo’s true love marriage.  

“YOON SO MIN!!!!!” her best friend’s voice bellowed throughout the halls of the hospital.

“You have a lot of explaining to do,” Jae Kyung said as she followed the obnoxiously loud Madam Gu into So Min’s personal office.

“Didn’t you know we were worried about you?” Ga Eul asked angrily.

“Whoa whoa! This time it wasn’t my fault!” So Min said innocently as she joined her friends at the sofas. “I don’t own a private jet! Ji Hoo dragged me back!” She was completely amazed at how fast her friends realized of her absence and how fast they got back to Korea just to find her.

“Hmm… that doesn’t sound like sunbae though,” Jan Di thought carefully. She knew that everyone in F4 is capable of having a private jet, but only her husband would be foolish and rash enough to just leave out of short notice.

“But he did!” So Min said defensively. There was no way that she will take up all the wrath of her friends. She’s going to blame it all on Ji Hoo. Plus, all her friends adore their 4th dimensional prince too much to actually yell at him.

Suddenly, the JK Group heiress had a devious gleam in her eyes as she contemplated as to why her good friend would leave Alaska in the middle of the night. “Why did you guys leave so suddenly?” she interrogated even if she had an idea of what happened.

A deep shade of red rushed into So Min’s cheeks as she remembered why they rushed back to Korea and what happened last night. This gave away everything to her friends. “Oh my God, they finally did it!” Jan Di exclaimed excitedly!

“Oh my Buddha!” Jae Kyung added and earned a laugh from all her friends. “How did it feel like?”

So Min shyly smiled. She didn’t have to utter a single word and her friends all knew.

“Oh my Allah!” Ga Eul added onto the joke. “H-how big was it?!” she wonders giddily.

“Oh my Shiva! Ga Eul!” So Min exclaimed in shocked. “I didn’t know that you were THAT erted!”

Jan Di laughed and shook her head as she thought, “It’s always the quiet ones that you need to beware of.” “God, I can’t imagine Ji Hoo sunbae and you in bed… that’s just so… odd!” Jan Di honestly confessed.

“Hey hey! It’s just like you and Jun Pyo. It’s creepy to know that you guys actually made a baby!” So Min countered back.

“Seriously, So Min, was he… okay, good, great, gooooooood, grrreeeeaaaat, scrumptious-liumsious??!!” Jae Kyung added to Ga Eul’s curiosity. Being ually active made her like this. She just doesn’t understand how Ga Eul can be this erted but stand to keep her ity until after marriage. “I mean, don’t you want to test drive it before you marry it?” Jae Kyung wondered sometimes. Well then again, Ga Eul is marrying So Yi Jeong. The Ex-Casanova of Korea with many conquest of different women since forever ago, so he had to be good in bed in the first place.

“JAE KYUNG!” So Min shouted in complete embarrassment.

“WHAT?! We’re all curious!”

“Stop it you guys!” So Min covered her beet red face with her hands while her friends laughed at her cute shyness.

“Hey,” Ji Hoo’s smooth voice came through the room as he creased the door to her office open a little to peer in and meet her friends. “I heard you guys came by,” he said sarcastically as he fully entered the room. Anyone within a mile away from So Min’s office could hear these three ladies screams.

“Yup, we sure did,” Jae Kyung announced.

“Sunbae! You should have at least said something to us before you take our friend away,” Ga Eul whined cutely wanting so badly to see a reaction from Ji Hoo.

“I’m sorry; you’re right, I should have informed you guys at least,” he said back just as sweetly refusing to let Ga Eul and everyone else get the satisfaction of mocking him. “Anyways, I wanted to know if you ladies would like to have some lunch with me.”

“Sure!” So Min eagerly answered.

“NO!” her friends answered for her. “Actually Ji Hoo sunbae, you should just go eat without us. We already made plans to go eat lunch with just us girls,” Ga Eul said sweetly. No one can ever get past her goody two shoe sides without falling for her act.

Ji Hoo looked at his best friend’s fiancée skeptically but then reluctantly agreed. “Alright, I don’t want to intrude on you ladies, so I’ll head out first,” he said and leaned in to kiss his wife on the forehead before leaving.

Once Ji Hoo was out of ear shot and out the door, the interrogation was back on.

“Alright, let’s get back to business,” Jan Di said all business like.

So Min could only roll her eyes at her friends’ silliness. “You guys are maniac and I think you all can use some therapy.”

“Whatever, we’re just curious!”

“Oh and Changmin-shi said that he misses you and wish he had said good bye properly. And he isn’t going to work at St. John’s Hospital, he said that he loves England too much to leave,” Jae Kyung informed So Min.

“Oh,” So Min said dejectedly. “Well that’s okay too; Ji Hoo doesn’t seem to like him much.”

Ga Eul grinned. “He was jealous wasn’t he?”

So Min giggled happily. “Yup! It was so cute!” She never did like the jealous type, but knowing Ji Hoo felt threatened by Changmin felt nice. It just shows her that he actually cares for her more than she used to give him credit for.

“You’re real happy huh?” Jan Di asked genuinely. Her Ji Hoo sunbae definitely deserve her best friend.

So Min grinned back. “You’re missing out on what could have been yours,” she joked back. She knew that even if Jan Di was given the choice between Jun Pyo and Ji Hoo again, she would still choose Jun Pyo.

“Okay seriously, let’s go to lunch I’m starving!” Jae Kyung complained.

The ladies ordered pizza into So Min’s office since they didn’t feel like being hammered down by stares and paparazzi. Lately, the paparazzi have more reasons to follow F4’s female partners. Jan Di’s pregnancy has been publicized so everyone wants her along with her successful husband to be their spoke person for their maternal products and such. So Yi Jeong and Chu Ga Eul have confirmed the marriage in an elaborate press conference with Yi Jeong’s mother and Ga Eul’s parents.  Yi Jeong’s mother has finally seen the light again when Ga Eul started to come and visit her more and more often. She started to paint again and she would go out and see simplest thing and draw a portrait of it. JK Group is doing a huge project with II Sim Construction so it was only natural that Jae Kyung’s and Woo Bin’s outings on the streets are watched heavily. This couple is at a standstill point; they don’t see other people except for each other yet they refuse to acknowledge it as a serious relationship.

“How’s the wedding plans?” So Min asked in jealousy.

Ga Eul rubbed her head in distress. This was a topic she should happily discuss with her friends since they are her bridesmaid but they all have busy schedule; therefore, so far everything was done by her. “Tiring.”

Jae Kyung frowned. “Shouldn’t you be all giddy and happy about it?”

Jan Di laughed. “Trust me, planning a wedding is like going to war,” she said expertly. She feels for Ga Eul since she was just as stressed out with her wedding with Jun Pyo.

“It’s just that Yi Jeong and I can’t seem to agree on anything!” Ga Eul pouted. He promised that the wedding will be the way she wants it and yet he comes through and rejects everything she has planned out.

“You have to take a step back and he’ll take a step back,” Jae Kyung advised wisely. She was comparing Ga Eul’s wedding plans to her business proposal with Woo Bin’s company. She remembered how many nights they slept in separate rooms because of disagreements.

“It’s not like I haven’t tried but the wedding I want is the complete opposite of the wedding he wants.”

“If that’s the case then why don’t you guys not have a wedding ceremony at all,” So Min suggested playfully hoping to bring Ga Eul’s spirits up and make her remember that she has a friend sitting right here who is married and didn’t even have a chance to wear or try on a wedding dress. Well, it’s a trade off she guessed. She’s married and had but doesn’t get a wedding ceremony while Ga Eul is about to have a wedding ceremony but hasn’t had . You can’t always win can you?

“So Min!” Ga Eul whined.

“I’ll tell you what Ga Eul, usually Yi Jeong sunbae always let you have your way, but this time let him do things his way. He has tried his hardest to keep you from the limelight of high class society in fear of you getting hurt. But you have to remember, he’s still one of the most well known men in the world and a wedding in this society is very important,” Jan Di said sensibly. “It’s all about showing off wealth. Do you not remember my wedding? If I had it my way, it would be a small get together of family and close friends and not for the entire world to see.”

“The pain of being famous and rich,” Jae Kyung said sadly. She was genuinely sad and not just mocking the rich people. Everyone has their own problems, even the rich.

Ga Eul thought about it for a minute. “I see your point,” Ga Eul replied with surrendering voice. Most of the time, Yi Jeong always let her have her way with things she wanted.

“You know, it surprises me that you and Ji Hoo haven’t been on television yet,” Jae Kyung wondered out loud.

It was true, when the announcement of engagement came the only pictures the reporters had were those of the past and from the time she and Ji Hoo went out for McDonalds. “That’s fine with me though,” So Min said happily. She and Ji Hoo both agreed that it was better if they stayed out of the public eye. They like their privacy and they weren’t a very interesting couple to follow compared to their friends.

Before the ladies continued their conversations, F4 made their way through So Min’s office unannounced. Just like their wife, fiancée, and girlfriend, for lack of a better word, went to find Ji Hoo to ask him why he left Alaska without saying a word. Since they got the answer they want and knew that their perspective partners were within the building so they decided to go give So Min a visit too. Every male went to their wife and girlfriend except for Yi Jeong. Everyone can sense the tension between the usually cute couple.

“I’m going to leave first,” Yi Jeong said and cleared his throat as he realizes that all the ladies were staring at him. He had no doubt in his mind that before they came, the ladies were talking about Ga Eul’s wedding.

“Wait, can you drop off your fiancée at the catering place? I suddenly have a meeting to go to,” Jae Kyung lied hoping to create an opportunity for the couple to patch things up.

Obviously, Yi Jeong couldn’t just say no so he quietly nodded and waited for Ga Eul, who was just as silent ,to grab her things and leave with him. Everyone just awkwardly talk about idle things waiting for the couple to leave.

“Should we help them a little more?” Jun Pyo asked.

“No, I think Ga Eul has it,” Jan Di answered her husband as she swatted away his hand from her abdomen. “She has seen the light and figured out a compromise.”

“So that leaves the six of us,” Woo Bin said while sitting next to Jae Kyung with his arm around her shoulder.

“No, that leaves the five of you guys; I have work to do,” So Min said as she was about ready to kick everyone out of her office and that includes Ji Hoo.

“Tch, no fun,” Jae Kyung whined.

Woo Bin grinned. “Nah girl, it’s fine cause I’ll take you somewhere cool,” he said in his gangster-ish accent and winked which earned him a peck on the lips from the heiress. Jan Di and So Min gagged at the couple.

“Please, not in front me, I want to throw up,” Jan Di said jokingly.

“What?! Ji Hoo! Do something! My wife is sick!” Jun Pyo said in a panic voice.

“PABO! I was pretending!” Jan Di said and once again hit the grown man’s head. It amazes So Min that Jun Pyo hasn’t die from a concussion yet.

Ji Hoo smiled at Jun Pyo. It was odd to see the most immature out of F4 is the first to be a father. “Jun Pyo, you worry too much. Jan Di is a doctor herself so she will know how to take care of herself and the baby is only almost a month old.”

“Yeah man, trippin’ over your bull like wife is very redundant,” Woo Bin said insulting Jan Di in a light way.

Jun Pyo laughed at the joke but shot him a look, “You will never understand until you become a father!”

Jun Pyo and Woo Bin started their childish banters while Jan Di and Jae Kyung rolled their eyes and engaged in their own conversation about how men are actually boys and boys are dumb. All this while, Ji Hoo and So Min could only stare at their friends with shock.

So Min looked over at her husband and mouthed, “Are you kidding me?!” This was her office and here they are acting as if this was their own home.

Ji Hoo shrugged. “This is how they are,” he mouthed back.

“Okay… I’m going to move to work in Ji Hoo’s office if you guys keep staying like this,” So Min announced but only got ignored.

“Come on, I’ll lend you my peace and quiet place,” Ji Hoo said nicely and helped So Min move her laptop and paperwork.

During the walk to Ji Hoo’s office, the couple discussed the So Couple’s wedding conflict.

“I really hope we won’t be like that when it’s time for us to plan our wedding ceremony,” So Min said honestly as she made herself comfortable on their bed while Ji Hoo set her things on his table.

Ji Hoo chuckled. “You don’t have to worry about that. I’m not like Yi Jeong; I don’t need the entire world to witness my marriage, so you can plan the ceremony according to your taste.”

“I highly doubted, we keep forgetting that my father,” she sneered, “is a wealthy business man.”

“Well my family is wealthier than yours so I think your father has to go with my grandfather wishes.”

“More reasons to you love you,” So Min grinned as Ji Hoo sat down next to her on the bed. Because the Jung family must listen to the Yoon family, So Min is basically free from her step mother and sister in a sense of way because now that they’re under her.

Ji Hoo grinned back goofily and ruffled her hair. “I knew it! You only love me because I’m rich!” he joked, “Anyways, speaking of which, we have to attend this party thing,” he said vaguely. To him, all high society meeting is all the same; there was no need to specify what party is what.

“I knew this day was coming,” So Min said in dreary.

“This cancer has been dormant for a good while now,” Ji Hoo said metaphorically. So Min and Ji Hoo mutually hated public events where almost everyone there is fake and always up to those who can help them climb up the social ladder. Of course, F4 is at the top of the social ladder so everything Ji Hoo goes for some peace, he can’t stay there long because someone will always find him to socialize.

“I wish we could just cure this cancer.”

“Easy, we can go bankrupt!”

So Min frowned. She doesn’t consider herself as a money hungry person but she grew up with the determination to become rich. However, she wanted to become rich through her own hands not through family and marriage. “How about let’s not. I can it up and sit through it.”

“I hope you know that because I’m much more popular than you family, that you will be attending more and more of these social parties than you use to.”

“Blah, I know. Jan Di warned me before.”

“How about this, I’ll make it up to you? After the party, we can go straight to Jeju Island earlier than planned. We can spend two days relaxing and then we go to the seminar.”

“Are you kidding me?! Look what happened when we left the hospital for Alaska?! This place was a mess; I don’t think we can do that to this place again,” So Min shook her head no.

Ji Hoo grinned. “That you don’t have to worry about. I’ll plan it out, plus, what’s the point of being head doctor if I can’t even take a little advantage of the power?”

So Min beamed and pecked Ji Hoo’s lips. “It’s good to be powerful huh?”

“And it’s good to have someone to share it with,” he said and gave So Min a real kiss. If only they didn’t have work, he would have surely taken her home and have it his way with her.

He started their kiss slow and sweet at first keeping it rated PG- 13, but soon, his tongue found its way towards the opening of her lips. It was obvious in their kisses that Ji Hoo is usually the dominate one, but So Min doesn’t go down without a fight. Ji Hoo felt his wife tighten her grip around his neck while he does the same to her waist. His hands unconsciously traveled to her pant’s waist band while her hand started to his dress shirt.

“We-we’re w-” So Min would try to speak through his kisses and touches but failed miserably, “working, Ji-Ji Hoo.”  

 “We can take a small break,” he answered and continued kissing her.

“OR you two can lock your doors and pull your curtains,” Dean Lee said and continued, “Or even better, you two can actually work and be professional.”

Ji Hoo cursed under his breath as he swiftly wrap his wife in the comforter, “Your timing is impeccable Dean,” he gritted out while So Min tightly held on to the thick blanket and covered her face with her right hand while her left was profusely hitting his chest lightly in embarrassment.

“You know it,” Dean Lee said. “Please don’t make me give you another ‘Where Do Babies Come From’ talk.”