Chapter Seventeen

Intertwined

Dear Readers,

Hey everyone! Sorry for the slow updates but I'm not dead yet! I can't promise to make the updates faster and most likely they're going to start to become slower because conditioning starts soon for me. Please bring more readers to this story beacuse I want some feedbacks on what I should do to make it more pleasing to my readers. Don't hesitate to be a critic! Please be patient and continue to support this story!

With all due repesct,

Sophie

 

 

That night, F3 made sure they got their partners back for the night. They all gave So Min and Ji Hoo the “She’s my wife/fiancé/monkey” speech so they can’t continue to split the couples apart. Ji Hoo was already in bed and reading a book when So Min came out of the shower. They still haven’t talk much, but the awkwardness seized to alienate them to each other.

So Min was sitting at the vanity applying some moisturizing cream when Ji Hoo finally spoke up for the first time today, “So, you seem very close to Shim Changmin,” he said nonchalantly and continued to pretend reading his ‘oh so interesting’ novel.

She glanced at him from her mirror while answering cautiously, “Yeah, we dated back in college,” she answered honestly but avoided details.

“Hmm,” he replied and expected her to expand on the topic. What Jun Pyo said to him at the bar today bugged him to no end because just the fact that it was THE Jun Pyo aka psychopath who made him reconsiders his state of mind. However, So Min didn’t carry on about it. “So what happened?” he pressed on.

So Min wanted to avoid this subject all together. She’s a twenty-six years old woman who is now married yet she is still a in a friendship like marriage with a man who is a stranger at the same time not a stranger, and now she’s sitting here talking to her husband about her ex-boyfriend. How pathetic can she get? “Nothing much really, I guess we couldn’t imagine creating a family and living together under one roof.”

What she said gave his heart some comfort; he was suddenly less sullen and more on his easy going side, “Well then, who do you see yourself creating a family with?” he asked in a teasing voice knowing that she doesn’t have that option anymore.

So Min grinned and looked at him from the mirror. “Well I prefer a guy who I can trust, be myself with, and a guy who I love or maybe will end up loving,” she answered honestly expecting Ji Hoo to get the hint.

Ji Hoo could only look at So Min through the mirror with a bewildered expression. “Is she confessing to me?” he wondered moronically while staring intensely at her.

So Min’s smile faded a little seeing that Ji Hoo isn’t getting the hint and he’s back to his quiet self again. She was expecting and waiting for him to give her reply. She desperately wanted to see his smiling face again. “Erm…” she started off awkwardly again but was cut off by him.

“I hope so too,” he finally said and ended the conversation with that.

So Min grinned, “I guess things are back to normal?” she asked hopefully still sitting at her desk.

“Things never changed since the beginning,” Ji Hoo replied and shut off his side of the lamp and closed his book.

On that note, So Min also shut off the lamp on the table and tucked herself in the bed too. They weren’t sleeping closely together like they used to but their backs weren’t facing each other anymore so that was a good sign.

“Sighs, well, we’re back at square one,”So Min thought disappointedly. Usually, it was Ji Hoo would initiate the hugs at night. She remembers clearly how every night when she would enter the bed his hand would pull her close and allowed her to rest her head comfortably on the crook of his neck.

 As if reading her mind, Ji Hoo’s hand gently pulled her into an embrace. So Min couldn’t help but smiled and snuggled even closer. She could never imagine in her wildest dream that she would end up marrying one of the most sought after bachelor, but here she is in his arms, and that’s just how she likes it.

“So what’s the plan today?” So Min asked happily as she and Ji Hoo took their seats at the breakfast table. Ji Hoo and So Min were the only one late since they actually had a good night sleep last night.

“Herring Cove Trail!” Ga Eul said excitedly. She was always the one to do research when they all go on vacation, and you can expect, she always had a camera with her. “I heard it was beautiful there and that the trail is now completely finished so it’s the perfect time to go!”

“Sounds nice,” Ji Hoo said nicely pass the piece of bread that he was buttering to So Min.

“It’s not going to sound nice when you hear who else is coming,” Yi Jeong thought as he remembered how scary Ga Eul was last night calling Shim Changmin and telling him that he has got to be ready to go hiking with them today.

“Oh and So Min, I got a surprise for you!” Ga Eul said happily… a little too happy.

So Min chewed on Ji Hoo’s piece of bread and then answered, “What is it?” she asked like a little kid.

“We invited Changmin!” Jan Di said happily and loudly waiting for her sunbae to react to the name.

Ji Hoo immediately choked on his orange juice and felt his wife’s small hands patting his back. He was almost positive that she would have a confuse expression at his sudden outburst while everyone else is probably smirking. “Excuse me,” he said after his coughing fit.

Jan Di grinned at Jae Kyung. “Well you know, we thought it would be fun to invite him. The more the merrier!” Jae Kyung said cutely.

“Sweet!” So Min exclaimed back in excitement. “Did you know that I use to run cross country with Changmin? This is going to be great!” she said to Ji Hoo who could only nod weakly.

“I hope sunbae is a good runner because knowing So Min, she’s probably start sprinting to be the first one done,” Ga Eul thought sympathetically.

Well Ji Hoo may have been the sleeping prince of F4, but he was still as athletic; it was just because he didn’t try in school and usually skipped PE class. Of course, Jun Pyo came up with the great idea of being split into pairs when they arrived at the trail. The pairs were now obvious, the Gu couple together of course, the So couple, and Monkey and Don Juan were no doubt together. That leaves So Min and Ji Hoo… along with Changmin.

“Thanks for the invite,” Changmin said happily as he continued on the trial with So Min in between him and Ji Hoo.

“Oh no problem!” So Min said happily, “it wasn’t my idea, but my friends has seem to taken a liking to you.”

Changmin could only fake laugh, “Yeah, you know, I’m a real charmer,” he said and winked.

So Min could only shake her head and playfully laugh at him. “Sure, you are.” They continued on their trail while So Min rambling on and on about work, life, and college days and sometimes even high school days when she was with Ga Eul and Jan Di. She then looked over at her husband and wondered why he was so quiet. He hasn’t spoken since greeting Changmin and started the trail. The other couple went first because Changmin came late to the meeting point. “Ji Hoo?”

“Hmm?” he replied as he continues to pretend to be so engrossed with the scenery that he can’t talk.

“What are you thinking about?” So Min inquired while Changmin glanced over at Ji Hoo. So Min wasn’t that tall so it was quite easy for him and Ji Hoo to make eye contact without her knowing.

“Nothing much really,” Ji Hoo said, “So I heard you were a cross country runner,” he addressed Changmin really for the first time to engage in a conversation.

Changmin grinned boyishly, “Yeah, I was a freak of nature,” he admitted sheepishly.

So Min laughs as she remembered where he got that saying from, “I called him that,” she informed Ji Hoo.

“Yes you did. I think that’s was my first impression of you,” Changmin said and remembered how they met.

“Really? What happened?” Ji Hoo questioned wanting to know how So Min and Changmin met.

He was on the boys’ cross country while she was on the girls’. They all practice together for the first time, and he ran his PR of 15.7 minutes in a 5k. She whispered to her fellow run mates, “He’s a freak of nature.” He heard her and turned around and grinned. That’s all that it took for them to start a whole conversation and the rest is history.

“You have a very interesting wife,” Changmin complimented Ji Hoo.

“Yeah, I figured that out when she agreed to marry me,” Ji Hoo said figuring that So Min has already explained the situation to him.

“Nah, you don’t seem like a 4 dimensional guy,” Changmin commented as he observed Ji Hoo.

Ji Hoo could only give out a polite smile. The only time he isn’t a 4 dimensional guy is when he’s around So Min. His closest friends even noticed that every since So Min started hanging out with them all together like a huge quadruple date.

“That’s because he’s with me!” So Min said happily and intertwined her fingers with his. Lately, she has been getting bolder with her advances. She no longer waited for him to hold her hands, but that’s about she has done. Every kiss was initiated by him, but it was also ended by him. Every embrace at night was initiated by him, but every morning, he would be the first to wake up. And every time it happens, she would be the one to be the most disappointed.

“Well, I give you credit for being able to change every man you touch,” Changmin said and grinned.

Ji Hoo raised a brow, “And exactly how many men were there?”

So Min fidgeted as she continues to walk up the trial with Changmin and Ji Hoo. “Well… are we counting serious relationships or what?”

Ji Hoo eye brows rose even higher, if that was possible, and glanced over at Changmin. “Exactly how many men did this little woman date?!” he asked in complete surprised. He knows that So Min was a beauty but she didn’t seem to be the type to date around a lot.

Changmin laughed and shrugged.

She pouted, “Serious relationships? Two. Puppy love? Too many to count,” she answered honestly.

“I wonder if there is a female Don Juan or Casanova name,” Ji Hoo said jokingly.

“Nah, she’s none of them. Usually, she’s the dump-ee,” Changmin added.

So Min hit him with her free hand while giving Ji Hoo her best painful hand squeeze. “Yah!”

“So who were the two serious relationships?” Ji Hoo asked nonchalantly even though he really do care and once he find out who they are, he’s going to ask Woo Bin to run a background check on both and made sure they never run into So Min again… not that he doesn’t trust his wife’s taste in men and her fidelity.

“Yeah, I really want to know,” Changmin chimed in.

“Uh…” So Min started uncomfortable. How could she tell who they are when they are right in front of her? “Hey I feel like running… BYE!” she said sprinted away from Ji Hoo and Changmin.

“She runs away a lot,” Ji Hoo said and decided that maybe he could have a nice chat with Changmin first before running after his ballistic wife.

“Yeah, physically and emotionally too,” Changmin sighed in a grave tone as he continue his leisure pace with Ji Hoo.

Ji Hoo looked at Changmin with confusion. He never deemed So Min as a runaway kind of person.

The other man looked  at him and cared to elaborate, “You know, I proposed to her before,” Changmin confessed as he looked at Ji Hoo straight in the eye with a little hint of sadness and envy in them remember how So Min’s fingers laced together with Ji Hoo’s perfectly.

Complete shock covered Ji Hoo’s face. It was amazing that his feet were still able to function with the sudden confession. He didn’t know how to respond to that. To know that there was a man before him that proposed to his wife. He suddenly felt self conscience as to how he proposed to her.

Changmin could only look away shamefully and regretfully. “However, she rejected me. Somehow I knew that was coming though.”

Silence followed suit between the men while both were looking away hoping to find comfort within nature.

“Why?” Ji Hoo suddenly asked.

It didn’t take long for Changmin to realize that Ji Hoo was asking him why So Min rejected him, “We weren’t lovers, now don’t get me wrong, we loved each other… at least I know I did, but we weren’t exactly lovers either. It was too much of a friendship. Sure we kissed and stuff, but never the actual desire for something more.”

Ji Hoo started to fear and wonder if that will be him and So Min soon. However, contrary to Changmin, there is always that desire nagging at him literally through his friends and mentally in his mind.

As if reading Ji Hoo’s thoughts, Changmin assured him, “No worries about you and So Min. I can tell that she really loves you, but I’m almost positive she never told you that she does… maybe somewhere along the lines of ‘I want to love you’ etc.”

“How-”

“She’s not the type to throw the word love around carelessly, but when she says those words, she really does love you then. However, she’s too shy to flat out say I love you. Call her old fashion but she waits for the guy to make the move or else she’ll never muster enough courage to make the move.”

“I’ll keep that in mind,” Ji Hoo said. “Why don’t we go find her,” he suggested avoiding any further conversation with Changmin. He doesn’t need a complete stranger to tell him that his wife loves him.

Changmin shook his head and looked at his watch, “You should go ahead. I have a meeting with someone so could you tell her I said bye and I’ll probably invite her to dinner tonight,” he lied about the first part but sincere about inviting her to dinner.

“Umm sure,” Ji Hoo said in confusion. He thought that Changmin would be joining them the entire day. It confuses him to know that Changmin comes and go like the wind. Knowing his friends, he thought that they would make Changmin stick to him and So Min like glue. However, Changmin still doesn’t give Ji Hoo the right vibes.

“Bye!” Changmin said as he started to go backward on the trail.

“Bye,” Ji Hoo replied back before beginning his jog to find his wife.

It was a good thing that after a few minutes of running, So Min decided to walk the rest of the time feeling that the two men are far behind her already, so that made Ji Hoo catch up with her faster. So Min didn’t realize that her husband was walking behind her until he was completely right by her side and held her hand.

“Oh hey!” So Min said and grinned completely oblivious so the fact that Changmin wasn’t with Ji Hoo.

“Changmin had to leave first and says that he’ll make it up to you through dinner tonight,” Ji Hoo informed her as he and she continues on the endless trail.

“Oh, okay. That’s good. Now it’s just the two of us,” So Min said mischievously.

Ji Hoo looked at her with bewilderment. “Yeah, I guess,” he replied back.

“Ji-”

“Do-”

The couple looked at each other and laughed. “You go first,” Ji Hoo said being the gentleman.

“Nah, you go first,” she replied back.

“About your dinner with Changmin-shi,” Ji Hoo started out uneasily, “do you mind if I tagged along?”

 “No, not at all,” So Min answered. “I was going to ask you to join anyways!”

Ji Hoo grinned, feeling less inferior to Changmin since So Min always seemed to be thinking of him more. “Do you wanna head back first? I’m getting tired of having to share the house with six other people.”

So Min laughed. “I thought you’d never ask. I miss our peace and serenity.”

They headed back first and Ji Hoo already texted his friends to tell them to keep their women busy. For once, he wants some peace time without them to stir trouble. Ji Hoo and So Min sat staring at the television for quite awhile now. Neither of them was truly intrigued by the crime investigation in front of them. They sat at a comfortable position with him at the side of the couch and her sitting right next to him and resting comfortably on his shoulder.

“That’s it! This is now or never! We have been married for more than a month now!”So Min thought with determination. She was tired of seeing how lovely dovey the So Couple was and see how cute argumentative the Gu Couple was, and to hell with the Jae Kyung and Woo Bin. She was married already and yet she’s still ‘untouched’. She’s going to change it. “Face it Jung So Min! You’re in love with your husband! That’s the only explanation of your dumb acts and thoughts!” she scolded herself. She can’t runaway and says that she HOPES to love him because she already has. That’s the truth that she can’t conceal forever. She slowly strained her neck to reach his cheek but only ended up to reach his strong jaw line.

Ji Hoo laughed out loud and looked down at his cheeky wife. “You’re too short,” he teased.

She pouted and started to move away from his reach.

He chuckled and pulled her back to his chest. His lips slowly made their way from the top of her head to her forehead down to her temple and then cheek. Agonizingly, she waited for his lips to reach hers patiently and when it did, she savored every minute of it. The kiss was gently, easy going, and loving: just like their relationship. Ji Hoo suddenly pulled back and So Min groaned in protest.

“I swear, if you’re going to ignore me again, I’ll be pissed,” she growled.

Ji Hoo only laughed and kissed her lips again before ending their session. “Our friends are back already,” he said ruefully.

“It’s always them!” So Min whined and Ji Hoo could only chuckle.