Chapter Thirteen

Intertwined

 

Grandpa Yoon was looking around the room displeased as the newly wedded couple entered the room.

“Harabeoji!” So Min said cheerfully and let go of Ji Hoo’s hand to go over and give the old man a hug.

However, Grandpa Yoon rejected her hug and swiftly dodged out of her reach. “I am disappointed in you two. You think you can fool this old man?”

So Min looked over at Ji Hoo with worried eyes while he also looked back at her with the same alarmed eyes. They both thought, “Did he found out about our lie?”

“Grandpa,” Ji Hoo said calmly and headed over to him. “Why don’t we sit down and talk about this carefully.”

So Min nodded quickly and also took the other side of Senior Yoon. “We didn’t mean to lie to you,” she said sincerely as they all sat down.

“Lie to me?” Harabeoji Yoon asked back in confusion and looked between Ji Hoo and So Min.

So Min looked over at Ji Hoo for help.

Ji Hoo gave her an eye signal meaning that he’ll take care of this. “Grandpa, why are you here?”

“I heard that you gave So Min a new office. Why? Is this office not big enough for the two of you?” he asked gruffly. Harabeoji Yoon adapted the way of living as a commoner; therefore, he sees no need for such spacious places.

So Min and Ji Hoo looked at each other and smiled at each other with relief. “Harabeoji,” So Min said sweetly, “it’s not that Ji Hoo’s office isn’t big enough; it’s just that Ji Hoo thought it would be more convenient for me to have an office of my own just in case my patients would like to talk to me privately.”

Harabeoji looked like he was softening up to So Min but then frowned again. “Then why does your office have to be so big; why another bed? Are you two sleeping separately?” Ji Hoo answered this one but Grandpa Yoon doesn’t seem to buy it.

“Come on Harabeoji!” So Min whined. “Have a little more faith in us! I am sure you heard from the Dean about the incident in the elevator.”

Grandpa Yoon immediately yield to So Min and smiled. “Fine, I believe you two for now, but if I don’t get great-grandchildren soon there will be consequences.”

Ji Hoo just shakes his head at how his own grandfather doesn’t listen to him but to his wife. “She sure has her ways around old people too,” he thought and smiled inside his head. He’s glad that his wife isn’t some spoiled heiress. “Alright Grandpa, you gotta go. We have work,” Ji Hoo said and helped the old man up while So Min handed him the cane.

Harabeoji smiled at So Min and turned to glare at Ji Hoo. “I am watching you two,” he said and started walking out the door.

After he left, the married couple just laughed at the old man’s silliness. And Ji Hoo lied the couple is on break right now. So Min rolled around Ji Hoo’s neatly made bed while he sat on the couch.

“What are we going to do?” So Min asked as she continues to mess up his neatly made bed.

“First, stop destroying my bed, and second, do about what?”

“You know… that…”

“Oh. That. Don’t worry,” he said and ended the conversation.

There was complete silence between them until So Min decided to let the problem go. “Alright, let’s just get something to eat before we have to start working again,” she suggested.

Ji Hoo agreed happily and got up to leave with her.

“I wonder why you have so many patients.”

“Why, the children ward doesn’t have much for you to do?”

“No, no, not at all! Quite the contrary actually, we have a lot! I don’t understand why Jan Di seems to be free all the time while we are always tied up in work.”

Ji Hoo stifled his laugh to himself as he remembers Jun Pyo thanking him for taking off Jan Di’s work load now that he’s married to So Min. “I don’t know, maybe the patients just find you more attractive than her.”

He was obviously flirting with her and she knew it. “Well then, I should tell Jan Di you said that. I think you should get an ice pack ready for your face soon,” she joked.

“Dear God, I beg you don’t!” he played along. “It’s not like the kick from you didn’t hurt enough!”

So Min winced as she remembered that day and walked through the hospital’s cafeteria door with Ji Hoo following behind her. “That must have hurt didn’t it?” she asks sympathetically. “I mean I used that kick to the vending machines that ate my money,” she said sheepishly and turned around to touch his cheek that she kicked. “I’m sorry,” she said sincerely as her thumb gently caresses his cheek.

He grinned boyishly and placed his hand over hers. “Well it did hurt, but that first impression will never be forgotten,” he joked and took her hand off his cheek and kissed it while still keeping eye contact with her.

She blush a deep shade of red and brought a chuckle to Ji Hoo. Her head lowered in embarrassment but he lift up and her chin and kissed her. They both were lost in their own world not realizing that they have got the whole entire cafeteria looking at them and little children giggling.

“AHEM!” Dean Lee exclaimed and tugged on Ji Hoo’s dress shirt. “Dr. Yoons,” he warned and walked away with the whole entire cafeteria laughing at the newly wedded couple. Of course, not everyone was laughing, the females weren’t too happy.

Back at Prince Song’s mansion, Heiress Jae Kyung runs wild and no one dares to say a thing to stop her. It was as if his mansion is now her home too.

“Yah! Monkey! Can you stop messing up my closet?” Prince Song asked in annoyance as he came out of his walk in closet fiddling with his tie while the young heiress lies lazily on his bed with only his white dress shirt on.

Jae Kyung scrunched up her nose and hid under the covers. “Whose fault is that all my clothes end up ripped?”

That returned Don Juan’s grin as he continues to fix his tie and looking back at her through his vanity mirror that is now filled with women facial cream all thanks to Jae Kyung. “Alright alright, I’m sorry for yelling at you,” he said walked back to his bed and kissed her on the forehead. “Need a lift to work today?” he asked.

She winked and grabbed her own keys on his night stand. “Nope! Wanna have lunch?”

“Can’t. Dinner?”

“Can’t.”

That was their relationship. They haven’t called each other boyfriend and girlfriend yet, but the Song household knows Ms. Ha Jae Kyung very well since she is the only girl that has been to Woo Bin’s main house. It was an open relationship. Jae Kyung doesn’t really care if Woo Bin sleeps around, and Woo Bin doesn’t care if Jae Kyung goes on blind dates that her family sets up. As long as they were mutually satisfied and happy, then everything seems right to them. However, ever since Jae Kyung stepped into Woo Bin’s life, he hasn’t been sleeping around at all and usually comes home in hope to see her.

“Why not?” he asked.

“Because I am going to dinner with Jan Di and Ga Eul. What about you? Why not lunch?”

“I have a meeting.”

“Oh,” Jae Kyung nodded and got out of bed with Don Juan staring lustfully at her back as she descends into his bathroom.

“Why are you having dinner only with them? What about So Min-shi?” he asked as he snuggled behind her as she was washing her face.

“We can’t have So Min there. We are discussing her and Ji Hoo tonight.”

Woo Bin frowned as his hands started rub her hips up and down playfully. “Why?”

Jae Kyung hands stopped him and turned to face him. “I am sure you know that they haven’t done it yet right?”

“I know,” Woo Bin huskily replied back and since he was much stronger than Jae Kyung, his hands forced her hands to move along her hips with his.

“Don’t you have work?” she asked in the mist of her giggles.

“It can wait,” he replied back and kissed her. It was as if the heiress has sweet nectar on her lips that he can’t get enough of.

“But mine can’t,” she replied back and kissed him back lightly but pushed him away.

This time it was Prince Song’s turn to pout. “Kyungie!”

“Binnie!” she whined back.

“Alright alright!” he exclaimed and put his hands up in surrender, “Back to business, Ji Hoo and So Min-shi.”

“Ah, that couple is driving us all crazy,” Jae Kyung chuckled.

“Especially Kim Bum,” Woo Bin added as he laughed at his poor friend’s pain. He’s here having a beauty he wants next to him while Yi Jeong suffers watching  Ga Eul’s perky every day. “He has been complaining since day one, and calling Ji Hoo dumb.”

Jae Kyung smiled and winked. “Tell your friend that he doesn’t have to worry; after we are finished with So Min and Ji Hoo, it’s his turn next.”

“You mind letting F4 join you ladies?” he asked with hidden motives. He knows that if Jae Kyung goes to dinner with her friends tonight, there was no way was she coming back to his house tonight.

Jae Kyung shrugged, “As long as you guys are willing to help.”

That was their usual routine. Jae Kyung has become basically a part of the Song household now. Prince Song’s house contains gardenia candles smells that Jae Kyung loves so much; his bathroom has been raided by her feminine products such as her shower gel leaning against his; her baby blue toothbrush sat fittingly next to his; everything seems complete. Even the maids in the Prince Song’s household adore Jae Kyung and want everything to be in her comfort.

That night, the ladies got to Le Stelle Belle first before the men and ordered for themselves and their perspective partners. Now that Jae Kyung and Woo Bin are out in the open, there was no one to tease. Usually when they went out to dinner Ga Eul and Jan Di made sure that Jae Kyung and Woo Bin doesn’t get to sit near each other just to make them mad. Finally F4 arrived and Yi Jeong of course went for a kiss from Ga Eul. Jun Pyo tried the same thing but only got a glare from his wife, but when he sat down, Mrs. Gu did give his hand a nice squeeze of apology. Woo Bin gave Jae Kyung a kiss on the cheek making sure he doesn’t over step his boundaries with Jan Di sitting right there ready to kick him.

“Alright, I called this meeting today for our good friend Ji Hoo,” Gu Jun Pyo’s loud thunderous voice exclaimed.

However his wife rolled her eyes and stomped on his foot to make him sit down. “No, we ladies called it, and you men are just dragging along.” It was amazing how time flies. They are now all grown up and no longer in school. “We all know that Ji Hoo sunbae and So Min are having… a little trouble.”

That night, they spent the whole time planning to help Ji Hoo and So Min a little. They both knew that this couple needed a little more than a push to get them out of their comfort zone. What they needed was a big full on shove.