Chapter Twenty Two

Intertwined

 

Dear Readers,

Sorry for the slow updates! Still having writer's block and exams are difinitely not helping me write any faster so please be patient with me and continue supporting this story!

With all due respect,

Sophie

 

The Yoon couple was out shopping and sightseeing today…. after their little scene in the morning shower of course. It was a very typical scene: the husband carrying multiple shopping bags while the wife drags him everywhere and buys everything. To Ji Hoo, watching So Min’s eyes sparkle every time she sees something nice and he gets it for her in a heartbeat is like watching a little kid on Christmas morning. He could tell without her telling him that she lived a thrifty life before him.

“How much more shopping and sightseeing can we do woman?!” he whined as he was being pulled into a fish market. “Really?!! A fish market?! I have never met a female would senselessly drag me, Yoon Ji Hoo, into a fish market filled with ahjummas and ahjussis!”

“Oh quit your whining! I thought we could make dinner tonight instead of ordering out!” So Min said excitedly. This was going to be her first time cooking for her husband. They have been at work for so long that they rarely spend time at home let alone go grocery shopping cook.

“We have the money though,” he continued to complain as the horrid smell of dead fish engulfed his nostrils. Never in his entire twenty eight years of life has he ever step foot into a common fish market. The awful smell made him want to gag. This smell was the worst thing ever compared to the hospital smells.

His wife rolled her eyes and turned to see Ji Hoo covering his aristocrat nose. “Fine fine, how about this, you go back to the hotel first and I’ll come back after I finish buying some groceries,” she suggested and gave him a kiss before pushing him toward the exit.

“Thanks, have I ever mentioned that I love you?” he murmured into her ear and left.

So Min only shook her head and giggled. She continued her way through the market as if it was the most natural thing in the world. She was all clad in designer clothing: her shirt was a black, Ralph Lauren’s Heidi Draped Top, $185; Anthropologie Tineke Rose Short, $158; Ray-Ban, all black RB2140 901/58 Original Wayfarer, $195; Jimmy Choo Pulse, new arrival, $595; let’s not forget her Tiffany & Co. ring that Ji Hoo bought for her; her wedding band clasped on a silver chain. Everything about her screamed filthy rich, but yet, her genuine smile and unwavering bravery to come into a fish market without any complaints amazed many people there. After being with Ji Hoo, So Min learned to ignore stares and whispers.

“Yum,” Ji Hoo hummed as he hug So Min from behind and nuzzled her neck. “What are we having?”

“Salmon and filet mignon with mashed potatoes and Italian dressing salad. As for dessert, I am baking pumpkin pie!”

“Sounds delicious!”

Ji Hoo had one of the best dinners in his life tonight. For one thing, his wife cooked for him for the first time and it was actually really good. They held a nice light and funny conversation throughout dinner and found nice place in the bed to watch a funny comedy movie. That night ended the way the night before (wink wink). The next morning, Ji Hoo woke up first to take a shower.

“Morning,” So Min yawned as she entered the bathroom while Ji Hoo was still in the shower.

“Morning,” Ji Hoo replied as So Min started to brush her teeth. This was now a normal routine for this couple. After , everything just seemed so much more comfortable and easy flowing between them. “Are you coming with me to this seminar?” he asked as he got out the shower with a towel wrapped around the bottom of his torso.

So Min rinsed and answered, “Yup! We’re going together and I think Dean made sure we are right next to each other and I think it’s a casual seminar since its going to be filled with young new doctors like us!”

Ji Hoo stopped midway thinking about a previous seminar he had gone to year that was exactly like this one and shuddered. “Thank God you’re with me this time.”

So Min laughed whimsically. “Why? Last visit was bad?”

“You can never guess.” He wasn’t lying. Last visit, he was basically trampled by every female doctor there. It caused a pretty bad commotion that he had to call his personal body guards to come in and help settle the doctors there.

The couple arrived with matching Ralph Lauren outfits. They matched shoe wise also; both adorned their feet with blue All Star Converse, light blue for So Min and a darker blue for Ji Hoo. They came in hand in hand and So Min received green eyed envious glares. However, none of them dared to actually come up to the couple and try to lure Ji Hoo’s attention.

Except for one, “Ji Hoo!” her sugar coated voice exclaimed. “Long time no see!” she said with an awkward French like accent and gave him a hug which he received awkwardly.

“Hyun Ah,” Ji Hoo acknowledged her and grinned on the inside as So Min cringed and tightened her arm around his waist. “How was France?” he asked politely.

“It was merveilleux!” she replied in French. “Next time, we should go together,” she suggested and completely ignoring So Min.

Ji Hoo only nodded out of politeness while he can feel his wife’s glowering aura.

“Hello!” So Min interjected and held out her hand for a hand shake.

“Kim Hyun Ah, Ji Hoo’s good friend,” Hyun Ah replied smugly while pretending not to know that So Min was Ji Hoo’s wife and shook So Min’s hand.

“Yoon So Min, Ji Hoo’s wife,” So Min replied just as smugly.

Before Hyun Ah can make a clever comeback, Ji Hoo already tugged So Min to leave. “Honey, let’s go grab a seat first,” he suggested. “It was nice seeing you Hyun Ah,” he bid goodbye and dragged So Min away.

As So Min and Ji Hoo settled into their seat, another female doctor came and sat right next to So Min and whispered, "Hyun Ah, she's someone to look out for," she warned.

So Min turned around to see a stunning woman around her own age. The woman appeared to be just as wealthy. She was wearing a nice Dolce &Gabbana shirt with Banana Republic skinny jeans and some silver clad bracelets. 

"Wang Hae Ra," she introduced herself and grinned to So Min.

"Yoon So-"

"I know who you are. Who doesn't?!" Hae Ra teased. “I’m Wang Kyung Soo’s wife.”

“The professional tennis player?!” So Min asked in surprised. She was not a big fan of tennis but she can play it and she does see him on television being the spoke person for Wilson’s tennis rackets.

“Yup!” Hae Ra said proudly.

“His wife… is a doctor?” So Min asked in confusion. The two professions seem so far apart that she had a hard time figuring out how they met.

“You must be wondering how we met,” Hae Ra said as if reading So Min’s mind.

So Min could only be awed and nodded her head.

Hae Ra grinned. “We met at a hot dog stand!”

“H-hot dog stand?” So Min asked. She then turned around and shook Ji Hoo’s arm. “They- they met at a hot dog stand… and got married?!”

“Ji Hoo-shi! You’re wife is so cute!” Hae Ra said happily as she pinched So Min’s cheek.

Ji Hoo smiled. Hae Ra was one of the doctor female that he tolerated. “Thank you Hae Ra-shi.”

“… Why is she so… happy?” So Min whispered to Ji Hoo while staring at Hae Ra.

Ji Hoo could only shrug.

“Oh So Min-shi! You’re so funny! Anyways, it’s great to finally meet you! I have read so much about you!”

“Hae Ra, you’re going to scare away my wife by stalking her.”

“Oh Ji Hoo! Go away! Let me have some time alone with your wife!” Hae Ra shooed Ji Hoo away.

So Min couldn’t help but be lured by this carefree woman. Ji Hoo left them alone while So Min could only laugh. “How come I have a feeling we are going to be great friends?”

“Because I’m an awesome person and my husband is a professional tennis player,” Hae Ra said proudly again.

“You really love your husband don’t you?”

“Of course! Don’t you?”

So Min shyly nodded and the two women giggled.

“Anyways, I wanted to warn you about Hyun Ah,” Hae Ra said seriously as she glared over to the clingy woman.

So Min glanced over to where Hae Ra’s glare was and saw Ji Hoo being endlessly bugged by her.

“She did the same thing to Kyung Soo,” Hae Ra gritted out. “I almost divorced him because of her.”

“That serious?!”

“Yeah, she’s a cunning little one,” Hae Ra cursed.

Before Hae Ra could continue her rant, Ji Hoo was already by So Min’s side and tugged at her sleeve. “Come on, we’re leaving first.”

“What?! You’re taking your wife away from me already?!”

“Sorry Hae Ra but there was an emergency back home,” Ji Hoo apologized and helped So Min grab her purse. “Let’s go.”

“What’s going on? What happened?” So Min asked as Ji Hoo ushered her into the limo.

“It’s Jae Kyung, she’s gone missing,” Ji Hoo said as the chauffer closed their door.

“Missing?!”

“Calm down. We don’t need another person freaking out. We have a pregnant Jan Di wanted to kill everything while Woo Bin is in gangster/mafia/mob mode.”

So Min sat in silence while wringing her hands in worry. “Come on now. Don’t worry; we’ll find her,” Ji Hoo assured his wife and took her cold hands into his.

The Yoon couple was the last to arrive at Woo Bin’s mansion. Ji Hoo could tell that Woo Bin was in a dangerous mood right now; with one flick of his wrist, that man can wipe out an entire town if he wanted to. F4 and their perspective partners aside from Jae Kyung were settled into Woo Bin’s living room surrounded by many men in black suits and shade.

“Any trace of her yet?” Ji Hoo whispered to Yi Jeong.

Yi Jeong sighed and shook his head no. His arm was wrapped protectively around Ga Eul. He gives Woo Bin credit for being so calm in this situation. If he was in his placed and the person that was missing was Ga Eul, Yi Jeong doesn’t even know what he would do.

“I think someone from Macau took her,” Woo Bin finally spoke after brainstorming the possibilities. He finally remembers why he has never wanted to fall in love or stay with a same girl more than a day. He was a mobster; a person with just as many enemies as friends, probably more enemies than friends.

As if reading Woo Bin’s mind, Ji Hoo spoke up, “I swear to God if you pull a Jun Pyo on me, our friendship will end,” he warned. “You think this is your fault, don’t you?” Ji Hoo remembered how Jan Di was when Jun Pyo went to Macau and decided to end their relationship.

“You’re not even sure if it is the doings of your enemies,” Yi Jeong added.

“YAH! SONG WOO BIN!” Jan Di screamed at the top of her lungs making everyone cringe. If it wasn’t for So Min’s phone ringing, Jan Di would have continued screaming at Woo Bin.

“Yoboseyo?” So Min answered her phone.

“If you want to see your friend, I suggest you go to Dongdaemun Market tomorrow at 9 pm and prepare $50 million US dollars in cash. Come alone.”

“Yoboseyo?!” So Min yelled after the mysterious caller hung up. Her hand painfully gripped Ji Hoo’s while he tried sooth her by running his thumb back and forth on her hand. “They want $50 million dollars,” she whispered while looking frantically at everyone. “And they want me to go alone to deliver the money.”

“Absolutely not!” Ji Hoo protested.

“Ji Hoo, I’ll make sure she is going to be safe,” Woo Bin stated.

“No! Don’t you know?! If we give the money, they might just take the money and you know…” Ga Eul made a cut throat sign.

“Ga Eul’s right!” Jan Di agreed.

“But we have to try!” So Min begged. “We have to save Jae Kyung!”

“Okay, calm down, let’s think this through,” Jun Pyo said calmly. He gave the men a signal. They needed to get rid of the females because they’re all in this frenzy right now.

“Ga Eul-yang,” Yi Jeong said calmly. “Let us settle this.” Out of the four female friends, Ga Eul was probably the house wife character. Yi Jeong lets her have her way in everything in a sense but he was still the one to make the big decisions of course with her input thoughts too. Unlike her friends, she was no business woman or a doctor. She was just a simple teacher who fell in love with a not so simple man.

“You, you go back home and just take care of yourself and our baby,” Jun Pyo commanded. He looked Jan Di dead in the eyes with his lips thin and tight. He admits Jan Di was always the leader in the relationship. He always let her have her way, and he tries everything to make things comfortable for her. But when it comes down to business, he’s the business man and she’s just the doctor.

Jan Di couldn’t fight Jun Pyo when he was in his business mode. She was minimized into a mere woman who is married to a multi billionaire with many employees relying on this one man. “Fine,” she said solemnly. She learned to trust that when the time calls for it, Jun Pyo will be mature and handle the situation in a well mannerly way. She allowed Ga Eul to tug her away first.

So Min on the other refused to leave. Well, Ji Hoo hasn’t asked her to leave yet. “You can stay if you want but you have to promise and let us do things our way,” Ji Hoo told So Min.

“I think I’ll go make sure Jan Di will be okay,” So Min said after contemplating. She could tell easily that Ji Hoo wished that she would leave this to him.

That night, everyone stayed at Woo Bin’s mansion and reluctantly return to their rooms for a sleepless night after discussing the plans for tomorrow. It wouldn’t be hard to make Dongdaemun Market be clear of people tomorrow by the power of F4 but that would draw unnecessary attention and the kidnappers won’t show up. Woo Bin decided that he will have his men around the area and secure the premise within five miles of the market. Yi Jeong and Jun Pyo are in charge of tracking down Jae Kyung’s traces before disappearance. Ji Hoo under duress agreed to let So Min take the money. He isn’t thrilled with the idea but to help a buddy out, there isn’t much he can do. Ji Hoo was on the phone with someone when So Min got out from the bathroom. Ji Hoo sat on their bed while talking on the phone. He hung up when So Min crawled into bed and slipped under the covers next to him.

“Who was that?” she wondered out loud.

“Wang Hae Ra, she called wondering if you would like to hang out with her when she comes back from the seminar,” Ji Hoo said as he wrapped his arms around So Min’s waist as she leaned her back into his chest and rested her head comfortably in the crook of Ji Hoo’s shoulder and neck.

“Maybe after we find Jae Kyung,” she answered and sighed. She would be a liar if she said she wasn’t scared. What if she becomes a captive like Jae Kyung? Her mind wonders if Jae Kyung is hurt or what not.

“I told her some other time already,” Ji Hoo answered back and then silence engulfed them once again. So Min killed time by playing with the hem of Ji Hoo’s white t-shirt. “Are you sure you want to be the one to bring the money?” he asked for the millionth time already.

“I don’t have a choice, they called me and asked for me,” she explained.

They both sighed and settled back into the silence. It did comfort Ji Hoo to know that Woo Bin’s men are very efficient and will be near So Min and around the premises but he still doesn’t like the idea of her being the one to go alone. He wanted to be the near to be protecting So Min but Jun Pyo said no. He was a public figure that can be pointed out at any moment and if people realize that he’s here, that means that So Min is definitely not there alone. Yi Jeong and Jun Pyo were in charge of tracing Jae Kyung’s step and people who contacted her before the disappearance, Ji Hoo was in charge of devising out a flawless plan to capture the kidnappers, and Woo Bin was in charge of keeping everyone safe.

Ji Hoo didn’t say anything but kissed the top of So Min’s head praying a silent prayer that whoever kidnapped Jae Kyung is playing a cruel joke and don’t go berserk to hurt anyone, especially not his So Min.