Chapter Fourteen

Intertwined

Dear Readers,

With this update, this story is now up to date! I hate to break it to those who are reading this story solely on Asian Fanfics beacuse you guys think I have been updating really quickly, but in all honestly, I am not. I am only catching up to the original site that I posted this story one. This is the start of the long wait for my updates. I am sorry! But it takes a while for me to find time to write! Sorry! Please continue to support me though!

With all due respect,

Sophie

 

 

The big shove Ji Hoo’s and So Min’s friends were referring to a private trip to Sitka, Alaska. Yup, you heard right, Alaska is where their good friends plan to take their friends. Although, Sitka is indeed a beautiful city, but you would think they would find it too cold for the newly wedded couple to withstand.

“It’s ffffreeeezzzing!” So Min’s said through her chattering teeth as she continuously rubbed her arms to add some friction to create warmth. “Why the hell are we in Alaska?!”

Ji Hoo came over and offered her his blanket and together they huddled. “Apparently, our friends booked the wrong flight for us,” he said humorlessly knowing that his friends are up to something no good. Only So Min can’t seem to figure it out, but he figured it out in a flash right after they asked him and her to go on a sudden vacation with everyone.

Unfortunately for So Min, she was told that she will be going the Bahamas; therefore she only packed summer clothing. Right now, Ji Hoo and she are stuck at a local motel waiting. Ji Hoo couldn’t seem to find a nice hotel since they’re weren’t exactly in Sitka yet, so they had to settle for a small run down motel.

“I ssswear, nnnext tttime I ssseee ttthem I’mmma killll tttthem,” she continued to stuttered.

Ji Hoo half smiled and continues to wrap her tighter so she wouldn’t be as cold. “I’m sure you will.”

While the couple froze to death, their friends were hiding behind tons of computer screens observing them.

“…..” silence continues to pursue them though. All their hours of planning and hoping has come to waste.

“… They’re just sitting there,” Yi Jeong’s tight voice managed to mutter out. “How can Ji Hoo be such a damn gentleman? I would have snapped, if I had spent that long holding her like that.”

“… They’re not even talking,” his other half, Ga Eul, added. “I always have blabbered when I’m with sunbae!” she thought angrily, “if I don’t blabber I get uncomfortable under his gaze.”

Gu Couple was silence but the same thought ran through their chaotic mind, “How is this, a married couple?!” They wondered as they compared So Min and Ji Hoo to themselves.

“Monkey, I think it’s time for plan B,” Woo Bin looked over to her.

Plan B was much better than Plan A according to Ji Hoo. In the end, Ji Hoo and So Min were able to wait out at the motel and then their friends came to get them and traveled together to Sitka.

“I swear, next time you guys pull a trick like this on me, all of you are dead!” So Min threatened as she sat in between Ga Eul and Jae Kyung with Jan Di next to Ga Eul and F4 facing them on the other side of the limo.

Ga Eul giggled and hugged So Min tightly as an apology. “We’re sorry!” It was a good thing that she brought extra warm clothes for So Min or else So Min would have froze to death.

Unlike the ladies, F4 did not have a pleasant ride. It was obvious to the three men that their friend was utterly upset with them. Ji Hoo was usually less talkative around them, but this time he drew his tight lips together and formed a thin straight line. He sat with his arms crossed and his eyes closed as if he was sleeping; however, it was obvious to Yi Jeong, Woo Bin, and Jun Pyo that he was not sleeping. Even the loud and obnoxious Jun Pyo had to be speechless during the whole entire ride since he has sense his friend’s silent wrath.

Finally, they have arrived at Sitka, the ladies wanted to go off sight-seeing while F4 checks into their cabin. At the same time, this is when Ji Hoo really releases his wraths on his friends. They have checked into the cabin and all of them were sitting at the poker table playing Texas Hold Em’. Ji Hoo’s eyes wandered to everyone and gave them the chills.

“Alright alright! This was not my idea! I had no part of this!” Jun Pyo cracked first and threw down his cards and raised his hands in surrender.

Yi Jeong and Woo Bin threw their cards down also and glared or rolled their eyes at Jun Pyo thinking, “Really man? Really? What a great friend!”

“Look, we’re trying to help you,” Yi Jeong added calmly with his usual composed expression.

“Eh man, you’re married now! God won’t punish you for having !” Woo Bin added inappropriately which only earned him an even worse glare from Ji Hoo, who still haven’t said anything the entire day, and Yi Jeong who can relate more to Ji Hoo.

“Yah! Has the monkey filled your brain up with ?!” Yi Jeong asked angrily and made Woo Bin shut up while Jun Pyo snicker thinking that this time he wasn’t the one to get yelled at.

Woo Bin, feeling offended, took his angry out at the smirking curly head. “Shut up, Curly Fries!!”

This immediately stopped the short tempered Jun Pyo to stop laughing and argued back.

Yi Jeong rolled his eyes and tried to get both his best friends to calm down.

On the other hand, Ji Hoo continues to sit there calmly watching the scene unfold in front of him. “Obviously, Woo Bin was offended by Yi Jeong’s saying and took it out on the wrong guy, Jun Pyo. We went from So Min and I to two grown men fighting for no reasons,” he thought. Of course his anger was still there, but he understands that it’s not like F4 not to meddle into each other’s business sometimes. He suddenly stood up and left which halted all movements and shouting as the attention returns to him.

The three of them looked at each other and all three thought the same thing, “Damn, we got distracted!” they all thought and chased after Ji Hoo.

Finally, they got a hold of Ji Hoo, and they actually had a sit down talk. Ji Hoo was sitting on the hot chair this time, and for once, he actually looked distressed to his friends. Another thing, for once, they get the truth out of him.

“Look, I know you guys have good intentions but can’t we just let the subject be?” he asked in an almost pleading voice.

Yi Jeong looked at him seriously and replied, “No, I can’t. I can’t let a good friend like you go through the same thing as me.”

Woo Bin can only pat on the ex- Casanova’s back sympathetically. “She’ll come around.”

“Don’t you feel... uncomfortable at times?” Jun Pyo asked seriously for once. He’s a married man after all.

Ji Hoo sighed and ran fingers through his hair. “Honestly, sometimes, but I usually get over it.”

Woo Bin and Yi Jeong looks at Ji Hoo with amazement. “It just goes down… that easily?” they both asked in unison. “You don’t… do anything to it?” they asked awkwardly since this time the conversation was indicated toward their 4-dimensional friend for once.

“…. no, it takes awhile, but I am usually so tired after work that I will forget and fall asleep.”

Yi Jeong can only admire Ji Hoo wishing that he could be the same while sometimes having Ga Eul sleepover when her parents are out of town, which he specifically caused to happen.

“Alright man, we’ll let it go,” Woo Bin said relieving Ji Hoo’s stress from confrontations since all their perspective ladies has returned for the night.

That night, Ji Hoo couldn’t sleep much. It was obvious that So Min couldn’t get use to the coldness even though there were a lot of blankets and a huge comforter for them. She continues to cuddle closer to him. After a month into their marriage, it seemed normal for them to sleep closer together and with his arms around her, etc. However, tonight is probably the worse night for Ji Hoo. So Min had her arms draped around his chest while her leg was hugging very close to a dangerous place in his body. It also doesn’t help that she smelt so damn good that night either. “It’s going to be a long night tonight,” Ji Hoo thought to himself and blamed his friends for putting the idea into his mind even more. Finally, he couldn’t take it anymore and pulled her in for a light feathery kiss since she was asleep. “She’s my wife anyways. It’s not like she’ll be able to leave my side,” he thought as reassurance to his conscience.

So Min’s eyes snapped opened as the sudden sensation filled her lips. “Ji Hoo, what-” however, she was cut off by an even more passionate kiss from him. Absentmindedly, she wrapped her arms around his neck and pushed him closer.

The feeling of physical attraction engulfed their mind and body. The scent of each other filled their noses even more. Her lips molded into his and his tongue, as if it had a mind of its own, steadily flicks her bottom lip as if asking permission for her to open her lips. And like magic, her lips opened up to him in a heartbeat, and their lingering kisses turned into something so passionate.

“SO MIN!!!” a sudden knock halted their mood.

Ji Hoo moved away from So Min and lies back down beside her and sighed. “What was I thinking?” he thought shamefully as he remembered how he was like a beast attacking his sleeping prey. “Thank God someone came in time.”

So Min still stayed in shock. She felt like someone has punched her in the guts when he pulled away from her. “This better be good,” she thought as she listens to Ga Eul’s and Jae Kyung’s voice calling for her.

“You should go to them,” Ji Hoo said calmly without giving her a glance.

She looked over and felt a sudden sadness wash over her to see him show his 4 dimensional side to her. “Alright,” she muttered out and left the room.

So Min walked out the room and found both her friends extremely nervous and giddy. “What’s up?” she asked casually trying to hide the fact that she just had an intensive make out session with her husband for the very first time.

Ga Eul and Jae Kyung didn’t even bother answering her and dragged her out to the living room where Jan Di was waiting impatiently.

“Yah! Where are we going?” So Min asked.

“We are going outside,” Jan Di said calmly.

“Outside? Why?” So Min asked again. “Shouldn’t we be sleeping?” In Sitka, even when it’s night time, the sun is still shining.

“No!” her three friends immediately said and ushered her out the door. Jae Kyung, Ga Eul, and Jan Di made sure their husband, fiancé, and friends with benefit guys are already dead asleep.

“What is it?” So Min asked as her teeth chattered together.

Ga Eul and Jae Kyung looked so excited while Jan Di looked perplexed. “Should we tell her or should you?” Ga Eul asked Jan Di.

“I think I should,” Jan Di replied.

So Min just stared at them in wondered. “What’s going on?”

“I… I think I’m pregnant,” Jan Di whispered.

So Min smiled brightly and congratulated her. “Oh my God! That’s wonderful! Does Jun Pyo know?!”

“No, but I only THINK I’m pregnant. That’s why I told Ga Eul and Jae Kyung to come and get you. I want you to give me a quick check up.”

“Now?!” So Min asked looking at their surroundings. They were sitting on the patio of the cabin they rented.

“Yeah, you’re the only doctor here,” Ga Eul said in a ‘duh’ voice.

“But I don’t have my stethoscope.”

“You know how to read someone pulse through the wrist,” Jae Kyung added.

“Alright,” So Min said in resignation to her friends and the cold. “Give it here,” she said.

Jan Di extended her arm to So Min while her friends stayed quiet in anticipation.

So Min smiled. “You’re right; you’re pregnant. It has been two weeks.”

Jan Di sighed.

“What’s wrong?” they all asked her.

“I’m scared,” Jan Di admitted. She never thought the day she becomes a mother would come so quickly. “What if I’m a horrible mother? What about Jun Pyo? He’s so… what if he’s a bad dad?!”

“Jan Di-ah, you should know that we think you will be a great mother and we’re all sure that Jun Pyo will be that father that every little energetic kid will love,” Ga Eul said sweetly to Jan Di and hugged her. She couldn’t wait until it will be her turn to be married and have a child. She couldn’t even believe that Jan Di got married before her and even have a child now.

“Plus, your child will have three god fathers and mothers. What could go wrong?” Jae Kyung added cheerfully. She couldn’t wait to spoil this child of her friend. “I wonder if it’s a girl or boy. If it’s a girl please God be merciful and let her be less hot headed than her parents. If it’s a boy, let him take after his father’s persistent personality and his mother’s righteous heart.”

“I wonder if I would ever become a mother like Jan Di,” So Min wondered as she imagined life with Ji Hoo and little children running around with Harabeoji.  “Why am I thinking so far ahead? God only knows if we will every do the deed,” she thought dejectedly. She was jealous of her friend suddenly. So Min has never felt envy for something so bad before. She starts to wonder why can’t her marriage be normal and natural like Jan Di’s. Oh yeah, she forgot, this was an arranged marriage, and arranged marriage never came out of love like Jan Di and Jun Pyo.

So Min crawled backed into bed but this time, Ji Hoo wouldn’t even come near her. They slept with their backs to each other and So Min could only bear the cold by herself since Ji Hoo refused to face her and pretended to sleep the rest of the night.