Chapter Twenty Three

Intertwined

Dear Readers,

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas this year filled with joy and bliss! God bless you all and thank you for reading!

With all due respect,

Sophie

 

 

F4 and the ladies synchronized their watches and silently prayed for all to go well. So Min was dressed in a pair of sweat pants and a regular t-shirt with Nike Shock tennis shoes. She suggested that she should dress readily just in case she has to run away.

“Be safe,” Jan Di said and hugged her friend. She and Ga Eul were left out of this operation. One, Jan Di was pregnant and there was so no way Jun Pyo can put his wife and heir in danger. Two, Yi Jeong refused to allow Ga Eul to tag along.

To So Min everything seemed so surreal. How can her life be so much like a drama? Getting into an arranged marriage and end up actually loving her husband? Then suddenly her friend is kidnapped and she’s gets the call? “I’m sure everything is going to be fine,” she assured Jan Di and Ga Eul. Obviously, the severity of this hasn’t hit her yet. She has not experienced the traumatizing results of being related to F4 like Jan Di and Ga Eul has. Since the beginning, Jun Pyo and Jan Di experienced hardships and life threatening events and Ga Eul has been threatened by man of Yi Jeong’s fangirls and past lovers.

“Alright, let’s roll,” Woo Bin said and with a wave of his hand, about 50 men in black suits and shades left the house and got into their cars and the rest stayed with earpieces and the latest technology for tracking.

Ji Hoo and So Min left first with everyone else following their car and then spaced out to avoid suspicions. In the car, Ji Hoo had his hand over So Min’s and continuously circled his thumb against her warm hand. “Are you sure you’re going to be alright?” he asked for the millionth time now.

So Min grinned. “Please! I’m a black belt in Jodu!”

“… It’s Judo,” he looked skeptically at his wife.

“Oh,” her grin fell realizing that she was just caught in her own lie, “Well, I can still out run them!”

“What if they have a car?” he asked back without looking at her and concentrating on driving. She was not helping the fear in him at all.

So Min could tell Ji Hoo was worried. Who would have thought that he was a worrywart?! “I’ll be fine,” she said and leaned over to kiss Ji Hoo’s cheek. “I have you near me and then Woo Bin’s scary men will be around too!”

Ji Hoo’s forehead continued to stay crease. “If you say so,” he muttered not wanting his wife to think of his as a nagger and a fusspot. He never told So Min this but her phone has a tracking device. He will know where she is at all times as long as she carries her phone with her.

They have arrived at a parking lot near by the bustling street and waited for Woo Bin to call and give the signal for So Min to carry the money over. The silence ensued but was interrupted by the ringing on So Min’s phone.

“Hello?”

“You didn’t come alone,” the mysterious voice said. “Deal’s off.”

“No! No! I’m alone!” So Min lied as she looked over at Ji Hoo with wild eyes.

“Lies, if you do not wish to see your friend dead, I suggest you not lie and wait for my next phone call,” the voice carried on and hung up after he (or she) was done.

“Ottoke?! Ottoke?! They know I’m not alone!”

Ji Hoo didn’t say anything else and called Woo Bin immediately. “They know she’s not along. They said the deal is off and we have to wait it out until they contact us again.”

“!” Woo Bin on the other line yelled in frustration. Never in his life has he felt so fearful and aggravated. Even when there is a gun pointed right at his skull, he never flinched, but to know that Jae Kyung is out there somewhere with her life on the line makes his skin crawl. Maybe this was why Don Juan was always so determined not to fall in love.

“Calm down,” Ji Hoo suggested. “We’ll meet back at your place.”

Once again, they were sitting in a familiar position like the day before, but this time, Woo Bin wasn’t there with them. They all sat in complete silence as they hear vases being thrown and furniture being flipped in an adjacent room. They heard screams of frustration and they can hear all the curse words that came out of Woo Bin’s mouth.

Yi Jeong could only shake his head sympathetically. He understood Woo Bin most out of F4, “He must be freaking out right now.”

“Obviously,” Jan Di said and gestured toward the lock door that concealed an angry Woo Bin inside.

Ji Hoo’s cell phone beeped. “Sorry guys, I wish I could stay but the hospital just called,” he said and lifted up his phone.

“It’s fine Ji Hoo-sunbae!” Ga Eul said brightly trying to lighten the mood in the room. “We’ll watch over Woo Bin-sunbae!”

Ji Hoo smiled at the ever so sweet Ga Eul. “Sorry,” he apologized again. Whenever there is a crisis within F4, they promised to band together and get through it. He felt bad for leaving them midway but duties calls. “Call and keep me up to date with Woo Bin,” he said and Jun Pyo and Yi Jeong nodded.

“I’ll call you guys as soon as I get another call from them,” So Min sneered.

“You’re going with sunbae?” Jan Di asked in surprised thinking that only Ji Hoo was needed back at the hospital.

“Yeah, I’m taking over your shift too for your entire year maternity leave so pretty busy,” So Min answered honestly while Jan Di sulked.

“I can still work!” she yelled emotionally at Jun Pyo and continuously slapping his arm.

Everyone chuckled lightly at the couple. Everyone was too tensed to laugh fully with Woo Bin’s rampage of anger going on next door and Jae Kyung’s disappearance weighed down on them heavily. Ji Hoo and So Min made a quiet escape from the Song Mansion and headed to Ji Hoo’s car.

“I hope we can find Jae Kyung soon,” So Min sighed and put on her seat belt.

“We will,” Ji Hoo assured her and kissed her gently and then put on his seat belt and started driving to St. John’s Hospital. He hoped that So Min and he still have some decent clean clothing because from the looks of things, they have a lot of work to do and probably no time to return home.

As usual, as soon as the Yoon couple step in, glares were sent endlessly to So Min who was extremely irritated. Today was not the day to mess with her and send her death glares because her death glare will send them straight to the grave if it weren’t for Ji Hoo holding onto her hand keeping her calm. She had a hard enough time keeping calm at Woo Bin’s house. Her best friend is missing and the kidnappers want her to bring the money. Why her? She doesn’t know. As soon as Ji Hoo and So Min reached his office, they quickly put down the blinds and pulled the curtains so that they could have their privacy. So Min grabbed her clothes and Ji Hoo’s for him. She wore a simple light gold cashmeres sweater with black slacks and gold ballet flats while she picked out for Ji Hoo some black slacks and a crisp clean white dress shirt. Now that Ji Hoo has a wife, he doesn’t have to care about picking out his clothes anymore. He let her do that job ever since that humiliating day when So Min caught him red handed going through his laundry basket trying to find a decent shirt to wear to work. They got dressed together in silence aside of So Min’s constant sighing and the buzz of Ji Hoo razor. After the couple got out of the bathroom, So Min took a seat on the couch while waiting for Ji Hoo to put on his tie.

“I know you’re stressed,” Ji Hoo said gently as he sat down next to her on the couch and slowly kissed So Min, hoping that maybe that will take things off her mind. “But you have to remain calm and focus. Remember-,” kiss “children’s-” kiss “lives-” kiss “depend-” kiss “on-,” kiss “you,” he said in between kisses.

So Min groaned from pleasure and frustration. If it weren’t for the fact that there are many sick children waiting for her, she would have probably pushed Ji Hoo and molest her husband right there and then. “You’re turning me into a addicted,” she whined against his neck after breaking away from their kissing fiesta.

Ji Hoo chuckled. “Come on, let’s get to work,” he said more with authority this time and grabbed her white doctor’s coat and helped her into it.

So Min turned and grabbed his and did the same for him. “You need to learn how to tie a better tie,” she said while fixing his skewed tie.

He scratched his head and shrugged. “Some things were just meant to be done by a woman and not a man,” he answered back.

So Min grinned and led him out the door. They kissed goodbye, and of course Dean Lee was there to witness it, before going in opposite directions to the wards that needed them. Once again, Ji Hoo was reminded about PDA in the hospital and especially in front of children and patients.

“Dean Lee, maybe if you let your wife work with you more often, you’ll understand why,” Ji Hoo said and grinned.

Dean Lee’s eyes widen along with the rest of the male specie doctor that were a part of this conversation. “That is definitely something that I refuse to do,” he answered back. Dean Lee’s wife was also in the medical department except she’s the head nurse… at a different hospital.

Ji Hoo could only shake his head. He couldn’t understand why all his senior coworkers avoided their wives like the plagues. Yes, he knows that they love their wives but they’re not like him. He can’t stand not seeing So Min for a whole day, so he’s happy that they were work in the same facility.

“You’ll understand when you grow old,” all the older doctors said and patted his back before leaving him to walk in their own directions. That only leaves him and a male doctor that was his age.

“All my wife will do is ogle at me all day,” Dr. Baek finally said something.

Ji Hoo frowned. “You mean Nurse Oh Ha Ni?” Dr. Baek Seung Jo, he was definitely a genius but Ji Hoo prided himself because he was the head doctor and not Seung Jo-shi. Ji Hoo has to admit, when Dr. Baek first came, he had grabbed all the attentions from the ladies, not that Ji Hoo minded it, but still, it damaged his male ego a little bit. However, things got better when news were spread that Dr. Baek was actually already married, and he was married to a new nurse that works here too. After that, all the attention was back on Ji Hoo.

Dr. Baek chuckles just thinking about his cute wife. “Yeah, I am sure you have heard the infamous story between us.”

Ji Hoo laughed. “Who hasn’t?!” he asked back remember all the gossip that spread around the hospital. The story between the Baeks were really funny and amusing to Ji Hoo and the one person that he thinks will get along great with Ga Eul, Jan Di, Jae Kyung, and his wife, So Min would be Dr. Baek’s wife and his mother. Ji Hoo has always noticed how Dr. Baek would be extremely cold to other people but it surprised him that Dr. Baek was sometimes even colder his own wife. “I guess, he just wants to prove that he can separate work and personal affairs,” Ji Hoo thought. However, that doesn’t mean Ji Hoo doesn’t notice how Dr. Baek actually has a soft spot for Nurse Ha Ni.

Dr. Baek Seung Jo could only shake his head in embarrassment. “You should have seen our wedding,” he muttered. “I swear, women, they make me cringe sometimes.”

“And yet I get called the distance and sometimes cold 4th dimensional person, this guy right here cringes at his wife!” Ji Hoo thought but chuckled to himself. He must admit Dr. Baek and him are very similar in many ways. However, he does feel sorry for Nurse Oh Ha Ni for marrying such a cold husband. He decided to do what F4 does best, meddle. “You know, Dr. Baek, you may have been married longer than me, but I think that you should be a little more affectionate toward your wife.”

He laughed and replied, “Like you and Dr. So Min-shi?”

“Hey, it feels great to kiss your wife,” Ji Hoo defended himself.

“I’m sure it does,” Dr. Baek replied remembering how he would hold Ha Ni in their sleep and sometimes he would kiss her without her knowing.

“Well, I’m just saying this, but it would definitely fight off some of the male nurses and doctors that are after your wife,” Ji Hoo said nonchalantly as he continued to walk while his comment caused Dr. Baek to freeze up for a minute before catching up with him.

“What do you mean Dr. Yoon?”

“Well, lately, Dr. Kim Hyun Joong has been… a little close to your wife. He has personally requested that he wants Nurse Oh Ha Ni to help at his clinic, so that means she might be moved over there,” Ji Hoo answered in all honesty. He saw Seung Jo’s lip curve into a frown.

“I knew he was up to no good,” Dr. Baek Seung Jo murmured under his breath, but Ji Hoo heard it and smile with satisfactory in the inside.

“Ah, speaking of the devil, there they are!” Ji Hoo commented happily and pointed to a very uncomfortable but sweet young nurse trying to avoid an aggressive and pushy doctor. “Well, I got to go. I’m going to visit my wife a little,” Ji Hoo said left the dumbfounded Dr. Baek to witness his wife being harassed.

As Ji Hoo walked away, he heard Nurse Oh Ha Ni’s voice yelling in excitement. “Seung Jo-ah!”

Dr. Baek on the other hand, ignored his wife and looked at Dr. Kim straight in the eyes. “I’m sorry, but I think I need to borrow my wife,” he said emphasizing on the word ‘my’ and ‘wife’.

Ji Hoo grinned. Now he knows why F4 likes to meddle so much. The feeling of satisfactory is very appealing and it makes him feel good to know that he has helped a couple. Now, all he has to worry about is finding Jae Kyung and hopefully get her and Woo Bin to be ‘officially’ together and get Yi Jeong and Ga Eul married as soon as possible.

While the Yoon couple was at work, the Gu and So couple had to stay at Woo Bin’s mansion in hopes to keep Woo Bin to stay calm and keep the grown man out of trouble. Apparently, Yi Jeong and Jun Pyo had take Woo Bin to an underground fight circle to let the mobster heir take out his anger and frustration. Jun Pyo kept Ji Hoo updated saying that Woo Bin almost completely destroyed every single room in the mansion and all his fighters were being pummeled into ground beef.

Somewhere in Korea’s countryside, a house nice clean white homey house sits on top of a hill. The sun shines brightly on this magnificent piece of building. Everything about it screams ‘a happy old couple lives here and every morning they would sit on these rocking chairs together’. However, unknown to the rest of the world, this is where the villains of Jae Kyung’s kidnap reside and this is also where Jae Kyung is held captive. Screams could be heard from inside the house. The loud shrieks of protest continue endlessly and female cries could be heard. Chairs being through and glass being broken all came from the inside of this house, yet no one could suspect a thing because no one lived around this lonely but beautiful house.

 “How’s the holding up?” a snobby stuck up voice asked.

“Damn energetic as usual. She knocked out some of the guards, but we got her sedated for now,” a man in black suit answered back to a young woman around F4 and their partners’ age.

She seemed to be wealthy as well since she was dressed in all designer clothes and bag. Top: Juicy Couture; Bottom: Ralph Lauren; Shoes: Jimmy Choos; Glasses: Prada.

“ you Hae Ra!” Jae Kyung’s voice rang loudly throughout the entire house.