Chapter Nineteen

Intertwined

 

The hospital was in a pretty bad shape since their head doctor had left so suddenly without a week’s notice. The children ward was barely hanging on since So Min just stepped into the position as the head doctor there but was suddenly pulled out for a mini vacation. Jan Di was gone and is still gone meaning her team of doctors are also taking leave. As soon as Ji Hoo and So Min arrived at the hospital, everyone there sighed out in relief. Of course Ji Hoo and So Min weren’t the happiest people on earth at the time but seeing how everyone is glad that they’re back, they decided to it up and make their humanly desires wait another day.

“Oh good you’re back!” Dean Lee and everyone else said happily as they saw Ji Hoo and So Min walk toward Ji Hoo’s enormous office through his windows.

Ji Hoo looked around at his office almost a little too hastily. “Good, everything is still intact,” he murmured to himself which So Min heard and she suppressed a grin. He knew very well that every male doctor here is obsessed with his office. This was their hiding place as well as his. It had everything too so why not? But it was especially the doctors’ hiding place from their wives. Sure, the older men loved their wives, but they all say the same thing, “Just wait till 10,15, 20 years of marriage and then you tell me if you’re going to hide or not.”

“What’s the rush on making us come back?” So Min asked playfully. She had learned to see these men as her own father, uncle, brother, or what not. And from them, she learned what not to do to Ji Hoo in the future.

“That,” Dean Lee answered as he pointed to the stack of patient charts and documents, contracts, etc sitting collecting dust on Ji Hoo’s desk.

So Min laughed at the facial expression Ji Hoo made seeing all those. “Poor you,” she said sympathetically. She automatically assumed that he will stay at the hospital tonight, “Well then, good luck on those. I’m going home first.”

Dean Lee frowned while the other male doctors could only laugh at her joy that will soon be short lived, “Where do you think you’re going? Some of those are yours too!”

This time it was Ji Hoo’s turn to smirk in triumph. “If I’m going down, you’re going down with me, after all, you are my wife.”

“You’re kidding right?” So Min asked in a ‘what the hell’ tone.

“Nope!” all the doctors chimed in to tease the young couple.

“However, on the brighter side of things, you two just have to finish those documents tonight and start work at noon tomorrow,” Dean Lee said.

Ji Hoo and So Min could only shrug and give their agreement and compromised. Soon enough, the doctors were piling out the door. Ji Hoo’s office was enormous and one wall was facing the outside view of the hospital, the two walls adjacent to it was painted a nice clean white color and the wall across from the window facing the outside are windows facing the hospital hall way. Well, the hospital hall window was filled with many female nurses. Their faces were tightly pressed to the outside of his window. It has been a good few days since they last saw their beloved head doctor, so they were going through withdrawal. So Min could look with disgust at these women. What she did next made Ji Hoo laughed; she went over to the window and stared face to face with the nurses/ doctors, and it was like a glaring contest. So Min then took a hold of his curtains and covered their faces. The curtain part was her idea from the day she started being his intern. Ji Hoo went to his sturdy leather chair and began looking through his documents. It was a good thing that they helped the couple by dividing up whose documents are whose. So Min gently took her laptop and her side of the documents carefully so that she won’t disturb Ji Hoo who was busy reading away. He always took the work desk while she found it more comfortable working in bed. However, before she started her work, she quickly changed into one of Ji Hoo’s t-shirt and her fuzzy shorts that she took out from the closet. The couple worked for a good hour and a half until Ji Hoo decided to call it a night for him.

As Ji Hoo made his way out of the bathroom and fully changed into sleeping cloths, he noticed how his wife was solely focused on the document in front of her. Her facial would change and vary with every passing second. When she read something she was pleased about, her lips would curve up slightly, and when she reads something that saddens her, her lips formed a pout while her eyes get slightly dampens. He started to make his way toward his side of the bed.

“Oh, hey!” So Min exclaimed brightly, “You finished your work quickly.”

“I only have a couple more so I decided to finish them tomorrow,” Ji Hoo answered and gently took away her documents too.

As if reading his mind, So Min’s cheeks blushed a shade of pink and a small shy smile crept on her face. She fiddled with his comforter while he placed her documents neatly on a desk.

“How is it that we always managed to get interrupted wherever we go?” Ji Hoo whispered huskily as he slipped underneath the comforter and sat up against the head board while crossing his arms in front of his formidable chest.

So Min chuckled lightly and answered, “Because we are an unlucky couple.” She made her way next to him and also leaned against the head board. This all felt so surreal to her. Her parents were never the example to look at when it comes to love, and yet she has found someone who she loves. She’s living the life all women want to have. She has someone who makes her feel at ease in front of him. He makes her realize that she doesn’t have to be alone. Even with their bustling life, Ji Hoo and So Min have an uncanny way of living simple, just the way she had always dreamed of living. She wants to be like those couple who live to be old and have two rocking chairs in their front porch while watching their grandchild play. So Min realized that she can imagine herself like that with Ji Hoo. He has given her hope to love, not to hide behind a cheerful façade, but be genuinely happy inside and out, and to forget about the past and only focus on the present.

Ji Hoo also chuckled in agreement. They never did seem to catch a break between work and friends. He knew that their friends were only trying to help, but their plans backfired on them just a tad bit. “You know, our friends were trying to help us back in Alaska,” he said and laughed at their unending childish antics.

She could only frown in reply. “Helping us? They put us in freaking Alaska to freeze our off!”

He could only shake his head at his wife’s trusting ways with her friends. “Maybe she has spent too much time in Manchester to realize how much of meddlers her friends had become,” he thought. “That’s what meddlers do. They put you in a difficult situation,” he said and thought of the irony. He used to do this to his friends; revenge sure is sweet then.

“But I don’t mind it if in the end things turn out perfect,” she said happily and snuggled closer to her husband. She then felt his around her waist causing her to lean on his chest and rest of head in between his neck and shoulder. His chin was on top of her head.

The silence rested upon the couple like a warm blanket welcomed by a sweet child. Being together and engulfed by each others’ warmth, they felt as though the world has only the two of them. Is it possible to feel so much peace at the same time anxiety at the same moment? They both realized that they are probably the awkward couple out of their friends. Jan Di and Jun Pyo are already married and are expecting a child already so that was enough said. Ga Eul and Yi Jeong are classified as the shy/conservative couple but little movements between them could never go unnoticed. They were just a couple that was meant to be. Their counterpart couple was of course Woo Bin and Jae Kyung. These two are too aloof yet attached at the hip. Too much PDA was never in their dictionary and the word celibacy in Jae Kyung’s dictionary had become extinct because of Woo Bin. Also, knowing Woo Bin, s are never his type; therefore, we can conclude that he’s pretty attached and attracted to Jae Kyung. As for this Yoon couple, everything went by so fast for them. One minute, they are complete strangers, the next they are to be married. There was no dramatic arguments and no love at first sight, nothing but compromise and tolerance. They are different yet so alike and that is what makes them unique. They need each other to express their true self. They feel the most at ease with each other and put their guard down around each other. If this was what it meant to be in love and leading a happy marriage then the couple has reached that goal.

“This feels nice,” So Min said as she continues to be comfortable in his arms.

“If that’s your way of saying ‘I love you’ then you should really get better at it,” Ji Hoo replied in a teasing voice. “A kiss would suffice,” he added.

She blushed deeply and pouted. “Blah,” was her only comeback to his mockery and turned her face to the other side. “Lately, I have been the one to initiate the kiss most of the time! That’s not-” her lips stopped it sudden movements when she felt her head being rotated toward him and tilted to meet his lips.

Ji Hoo made sure that this time, he was controlling the pace of the kiss. He was tired of her timid and slow kisses that took excruciating slow minutes to pass before it gets heated and passionate. He made sure that his wife understands his urgency, what she makes him feel, need, and want. The image of being the true gentleman and the 4th dimensional prince constricted him from the very beginning of his marriage. However, now everything is under his control and command. Their friends are stuck in Alaska, the windows in his office are completely covered by curtains, and his doors are locked. He even went to the extent of turning off his cell phone and pulling the plugs on his office phone. So Min’s phone was locked away in the bathroom on silent mode. There shouldn’t be an interruption this time, and nothing will keep him from his greatest need tonight.

The kiss was urgent from the very start shocking So Min a bit, but she soon adjusted because she also realized how she was aching for Ji Hoo. She felt her wild instincts kicked in when Ji Hoo lifted her up and sat her on his lap with her face facing his this time. The room suddenly seemed stilled with only their sweet breathing and goofy smiles and grins. Their kiss would vary with each second passing. It would go from passionate to sweet to carefree back to passionate to slow paced. It was erratic and unconventional yet it was just the way they liked it. Never staying at a set pace, always changing, that was who they were. That is what they do to each other. Every where her hand touched, his skin would go a degree hotter and everywhere he touched, her skinned crawled in excitement. Every silent second that passed only represented their love for one another. They didn’t need words to express their feelings; they just both had a mutual understanding that the normal mind cannot grasp.

Ji Hoo slowly removed himself from the kiss to look at his wife in the eye for approval. He needed her consent to continue; he was scared to face rejection. So far, he would get what he wanted but from the people he doesn’t care for and rejection from the people he wished wouldn’t reject him. So Min looked him in the eye with the most loving eyes he has ever seen and felt her warm hand caress his cheek in encouragement to continue, to make her his, to mark her his, and bind her forever to him. Not even a full second after her consent, his lips dipped down to hers again and devoured them fully. She was just as responsive and refused to just sit there and let him have the pleasure of being in control. Their tongues did a nice and sensual dance. He felt her grin against the kiss and couldn’t help but form a smirk. He has never imagined how fast love would have come to him again. One minute he was watching all his friends pair up and the next, he’s paired up himself.

“If this is what’s it’s like to be married, then I don’t ever wish to die and go to heaven because this is my heaven,” he whispered into So Min’s ear when he pulled away from their kiss.

So Min giggled. “Since when were you the cheesy type?”

“Since I kissed you,” he said sweetly and stared deeply into her eyes for a while.

“So are you going to kiss me or not? Are we going to do this or what?” So Min asked back with hunger in her eyes.

“I thought you’d never ask,” Ji Hoo answered back and swiftly kissed her senseless.

Outside the windows and walls of Ji Hoo’s office stood his heart broken admirers leaning closely to his covered windows. He should probably get his office to be sound proof; sure, the walls were thick at the hospitals, but obviously not thick enough for the Yoon Couple. The older doctors and veteran nurses snickered watching the young girls whining and crying while knowing what’s going on behind the closed door of their good old Head Doctor and his wife. All their minds had the same thought, “Yoon Seok Young will have a grandchild sooner or later.”

 “Do you have to do a ward walk around check up tomorrow?” Ji Hoo asked as he lie hugging his wife in all her bareness after their first time together.

“No, I don’t think so,” So Min shook her head no against her husband’s chest. She couldn’t look at him in the eye right now. After what happened, she doesn’t think she can even imagine him as the sunbae that her friends kept on describing him as. All she can see now is a man that is her husband both legally and emotionally.

“Good,” he smirked, “because you’re not going to be walk properly after tonight,” he said evilly causing his wife to gasp in shock.