Chapter Twenty Five

Intertwined

Dear Readers,

Yeah, I know it's been a loooooooonnnnnnggggg time, but I am back. Just to make sure, I am not going to quit this story so no worries in that area. I just need some time and inspiration that's all! Anyways, I'm going to be really busy this semester because I have a lot of term paper to start and fnish. Sorry, but please understand and be patient. Thank you for all those who are reading and continuing to support this story!

With all due respect,

Sophie

 

 

“Dr. Yoon, please come to the front desk,” the intercom turned off. “I mean, Dr. Yoon So Min, please come to the front desk,” the intercom specified and then shut off again.

So Min walked the hospital lobby with her hands in her doctors’ jacket’s front pocket. She had 2nd shift tonight and Ji Hoo had already left to have a boys’ night out with the rest of F4. Lately, she has been a little depressed with their relationship. Their conversations would always end up drifting back to Jae Kyung and Woo Bin. After all, this couple was the couple that looks out for everyone else. Ji Hoo was always there for his friends and playing match maker before So Min and So Min was the ‘advisors’ for her friends. So Min continues to sigh as she walks.

“Hi best friend why are you sighing?!” Wang Hae Ra pounced on So Min as she came into sight causing So Min to almost topple over.

It was amazing how these two got along. After clearing up Jae Kyung’s kidnap, Hae Ra and So Min met up often to discuss their friend/ sister’s in law dilemma. Plus, to So Min, it was nice to have another friend that doesn’t always take Ji Hoo’s side. The two female doctors found a nice quiet corner in a deserted café since it was 3 in the morning. The soft hum of piano relaxed So Min’s mind from work and she comfortable sank down on the fluffy chair with a nice warm cup of coffee.

“Why did you ask me here? Did something happen with Jae Kyung?” So Min asked Hae Ra directly.

Hae Ra sighed. “No, nothing much changed. She’s still moping around.”

“Then what’s up?”

Hae Ra raised a brow at So Min as if she was hiding something from her.

“What?!” So Min giggled at Hae Ra’s face.

Hae Ra’s face creased. “Don’t you know?”

“Know what?”

“Hyun Ah is coming to work at your hospital,” Hae Ra announced bitterly. Obviously, Hae Ra still holds a grudge against her.

So Min also made a face. “Ew, I thought that St. John’s doesn’t need another staff member.”

“Apparently, St. John is opening up a new section and expanding the hospital.”

 “Yeah, it’s true,” So Min said and nodded.

“So… has things with you and Ji Hoo gotten any better?” Hae Ra asked in an almost inaudible whisper that made So Min giggled because Hae Ra sounded like some criminal selling drugs like ‘you got the stuff’.

“Not really. We’re on speaking terms but it’s not the same. Plus, we haven’t had any time together. Our schedules are conflicting and when I have free time I go to Jae Kyung’s.”

“You know, that’s not a healthy marriage,” Hae Ra stated in experience.

So Min sighs. “I know. That’s why I’m going to try to get a vacation and drag him along with me. I’m tired of the cold shoulder treatment.”

“And you’re less,” Hae Ra teased.

 Hae Ra was right. So Min couldn’t even remember when the last time she and her husband made love. According to So Min’s healthy marriage guide book, they are suppose to have a fair amount, but right now, they have zero, zip, nada. So Min has also consulted Jan Di who says that marriage arguments are better voiced then the silence they were giving each other.

“That’s it! I’m calling a meeting for Jae Kyung and Woo Bin. I’m tired of my husband and me fighting over them,” So Min frowned.

Hae Ra and So Min separated ways. So Min went back to the hospital to finish her shift and sleep in her office instead of Ji Hoo’s.

 Hae Ra smiled in agreement. She has talked to Ji Hoo, but she won’t tell So Min that. Ji Hoo has just been under a lot of stress and So Min’s persistent on Jae Kyung and Woo Bin hasn’t helped him much. Therefore, he thought by avoiding her, he could avoid her nagging about the couple. He just wanted to settle the hospital new ward plans first before fixing the personal issues. “That’s a great idea! Plus, you’re building your marriage!” she said happily. A healthy marriage isn’t a marriage without fights.

So Min only rolled her eyes and waved the problem aside. She doesn’t really want to talk about Ji Hoo right now. So far her image of marriage has been fulfilled by Ji Hoo except, she wanted a marriage where the couple talks about everything with each other and when there is a problem, they would confront it together instead of running away.

“YOON JI HOO!” Jan Di’s voice screamed as she entered Ji Hoo’s office and slammed the door behind her.

Ji Hoo winced at her loudness and the thud the door made. A pregnant and emotional Gu Jan Di was quiet scary when you’re alone with her. “How can I help you Jan Di?” he asked and gallantly helped her to the sofa.

“You can start by stop being a meanie!”

Ji Hoo frowned and sat down in front of Jan Di. “When have I ever been mean to you?”

“Not to me but to So Min!” Jan Di said and threw the couch pillow at Ji Hoo who caught it with ease.

He stretched and scratched his head. “I’m kind of avoiding her honestly.”

Jan Di threw another pillow at her beloved sunbae. “I can’t believe you! You’ll let Woo Bin and Jae Kyung seriously get in between you guys?!”

“It’s not that! Okay, well partly, but Jan Di, you know that the hospital is opening up a new section and I’m busy with that. Our schedules are just too packed and when she does have free time, she has to go to Jae Kyung’s place and you know that. In my free time, I have to continue working overtime and occasionally check up on Woo Bin. Plus, she’s seems very hostile to me lately. I think I upset her with the Woo Bin and Jae Kyung’s business.”

Jan Di rolled her eyes. “She’s hostile toward you because you’re hostile to her first!”

“When have I ever?!”

Jan Di sighed. “Sunbae, sometimes, you forget that you’re no longer living alone and since you and So Min are loners, you guys are use to being alone and not having someone waiting for you at home. However, So Min is a woman, she will always be more emotional than you and she’s sensitive to your mood. The more stress you are at work without her knowledge, she will automatically assumes that it’s her making you like that. Hence, she will try to give you space. Obviously, she’s giving you too much space to the point that it’s like you guys have never been married or met!”

“Jan Di! I promise once I get the new ward settled down, she and I will be back together like normal.”

“That’s not a marriage!”

Today was not the day to mess with him. At first, he was glad that she stopped by thinking that maybe she was bored and wanted to ask him to lunch and have a nice chat because it has been awhile since they did that. However, instead, she comes nagging at Ji Hoo. “Our marriage is just different! We didn’t marry out of love for each other! We married because we had to! So Min and I aren’t like you and Jun Pyo or Ga Eul and Yi Jeong! We’re different! If we like space, we give each other space! I’m glad that she and I are on the same page on this aspect!” Ji Hoo almost bawled at Jan Di.

What’s unbeknown to Ji Hoo was that his wife was at his door. The door softly made a thud to indicate Ji Hoo and Jan Di’s of her arrival. So Min’s face was void of emotion which was rare for her.

“So Min,” Ji Hoo started and regretted the words he had just said.

So Min plastered a smile on her face quickly before Ji Hoo could continue. “Sorry, umm, I just forgot some documents,” she said awkwardly as she shuffled pass Ji Hoo and Jan Di to get to the desk. “Uh, I get them; I’m just gonna go now. Bye Jan Di!” she said quickly and practically sprinted out of Ji Hoo’s office.

Ji Hoo and Jan Di could only look at the empty space that So Min’s presence once occupied. “Way to go Sherlock! That’s what all women want to hear!”

“So Min!” Ji Hoo didn’t wait for Jan Di to finish nagging him and ran after his wife. “So Min! You’re misinterpreting me!” he said and practically yanked So Min back to him who was speed walking in heels away from him.

“Let go,” So Min struggled. “I have to get to work,” she said while trying pry off Ji Hoo’s grip.

Ji Hoo continued to hang on to So Min and used his other hand to fish out his phone and called someone. “Pregnant woman, you want to learn to take of children right? Go take over So Min’s shift for awhile. I won’t tell Jun Pyo,” he said and quickly hung up. So Min looked at him in surprised but was dragged out of the hospital with many whispers behind them and into the parking lot.

“YAH!” So Min finally screamed and pulled away from Ji Hoo. “What the hell do you want?!” she asked angrily. This man is just provoking her today isn’t he? She wanted to have some time to try to understand and decipher his words in a positive light but the more he drags her, the more she can only think of his conversation with Jan Di in a negative light.

Ji Hoo was silent for a second. “I want to talk.”

“We could have talked perfectly fine at the hospital. Anyways, didn’t you want space?” she threw his words back at him mockingly.

Ji Hoo closed his eyes for a second truing to find the right way to explain to her, "I swear I didn't mean it in a negative light! Those words just came out wrong. Plus, I was just getting irritated by Jan Di," he answered honestly.

So Min didn't reply but instead got into Jo Hooo cat waking for him to follow and continue the conversation there. “Alright, I’m kind of hurt by the words you have said. I thought we got pass the ‘our marriage is different’ phase. Plus, why are you avoiding me?”

“I didn’t want you to worry about the new ward and Jae Kyung at the same time,” he said while starting the engine. It was time to go home. They have yet to step foot into his house and stayed longer than three hours before going back to work.

“Okay, let’s put aside Woo Bin and Jae Kyung. Let’s focus on us,” So Min finally said. Call her selfish but she doesn’t want friendship to get in the way of her marriage.

Ji Hoo agreed. “Okay, the ward … I’m just really stressed and I don’t want to take it out on you.”

“Well I would much rather you talk to me about it than avoid me and suffer through it by yourself. We’re married! We’re not some kind of acquaintance where we can’t bother and rely on each other,” So Min said as she looked outside watching couples going through the streets of Seoul.

Ji Hoo looked over at her and grabbed a hold of her hand. “Sorry, I’m new to this marriage thing and new to actually having someone I love actually belonging to me,” he said as his thumb caresses her hand in circles.

So Min scrunched up her nose. “I hope you don’t think an apology will get you off the hook.”

“Wasn’t planning on it,” he said knowing that his wife can be a little petty.

In the end, Ji Hoo took So Min to an ice cream parlor. They sat at a small table for two next to the window and ate the ice cream. Ji Hoo got a simple vanilla cone while So Min had one scoop of butter pecan and a second scoop of chocolate chip mint on a cone.

“You’re going to get fat,” Ji Hoo pointed out.

So Min’s eyes turned into slits. “You just lost major points just now.”

Ji Hoo just smiled cheekily and leaned in to give her a small peck on the cheek.

“Fine, you earned a point back.”

He shook his head and gave her another kiss but this time on the other cheek.

“Another point, so that’s two points all together.”

Another kiss on the nose

“Half a point.”

“How much more points do I need in order for you to forgive me?” Ji Hoo asked huskily as he watched his wife oblivious to his advances but instead focus much more on finishing her ice cream.

So Min shrugged and continued eating her ice cream. “Let me finish this first and then I’ll answer you.”

Ji Hoo scoffed and took a hold of her ice cream cone and ate the rest. There was a smug ‘in your face’ look on Ji Hoo’s face as he ate and kept So Min away from snatching the ice cream back.

“Yah! That’s mine!” she whined.

“The ice cream is finished, so tell me, how many more points?”

“INFINITE!” So Min yelled and stormed out the ice cream parlor with Ji Hoo chasing after her while laughing.

“Hey now!” Ji Hoo finally caught up with So Min and pulled her around to face him.

“What?” she pouted.

“This,” he answered and kissed her.

Right in the middle of the streets, he kissed her to compensate all the kisses he has missed these days. He could feel her struggle against his hold, but he continued forcing his kisses on her. Finally, So Min gave in and wrapped her arms around his neck, and he held her tighter.

Giving her one last lingering kiss, Ji Hoo pulled away. “God, I missed you,” Ji Hoo murmured into So Min’s ears as he held her even tighter.

“And whose fault is that? You’re the one who wanted to avoid me,” So Min said breathlessly and pouted.

“And I’ll never do that again,” he said and started making their ways hand in hand toward his car to finally go home.

At 3 A.M. in the morning, So Min’s phone rang over and over again. Her cell was in the back pocket her of her pants that was thrown somewhere in the mist of their make out session. When So Min’s phone stopped ringing, it was Ji Hoo’s phone to start ringing, when his stop, their home phone started.

“ARGH!” So Min yelled in frustration as she covered her face with their comforter.

Ji Hoo reached with his free hand that wasn’t wrapped around So Min to answer the home phone. “What?” he answered groggily as So Min snuggled closer to him.

“We’re going to help Woo Bin and Jae Kyung,” Yi Jeong on the other line informed Ji Hoo.

“Okay… you could have told me that at a normal hour in the day,” Ji Hoo said calmly.

“YOU’RE DISTRUBING OTHER PEOPLE’S SLEEP!”

Ji Hoo could hear Yi Jeong and Ga Eul giggle on the other line, “Sorry, did we interrupted you guys doing something wink wink?” Ga Eul teased.

“Why are you with Ga Eul so late Yi Jeong?” Ji Hoo interrogated back.

So Min snatched the phone from Ji Hoo and yelled, “Chu Ga Eul! I’ll make sure on your wedding night, I’ll come barging into your room and take you away!”

“Ji Hoo! Keep your wife in check,” Yi Jeong joked. “Alright, I just thought you guys might wanted to know that we have decided to get the two monkeys together again as soon as possible, so that you guys would stop fighting. But I guess that is useless since obviously you guys have already made up.”

“Shut up,” Ji Hoo said and hung up the phone. He then held So Min closer and together they drifted off to sleep. It was nice to sleep next to each other again. The warm Ji Hoo’s body emitting was nothing compared to sleeping with a bunch of lifeless blankets and pillows.

“We’ll take care of Woo Bin and Jae Kyung tomorrow.”