Chapter Ten

Intertwined

 

So Min and Ji Hoo sat together in the Dean’s office. So Min’s head was down in shame and embarrassment while Ji Hoo just looked around nonchalantly while the Dean pacing back and forth and many other people were outside of the window of the office trying to peer in.

“God! This is so embarrassing! Why did we have to kiss in the elevator?!”  So Min sat scolding herself even though she didn’t regret it because the kiss felt absolutely amazing. She couldn’t even look at Ji Hoo straight in the eyes right now.

“Ji Hoo-ah,” the Dean started out gently. “I completely understand that you guys just got married yesterday and had to wake up from your-” he cleared his throat a little “your first night together and go to work, but please, do refrain from such public display of affection at the work place. There are children around here.”

 “My apologies,” Ji Hoo answered sincerely.

The Dean of Hospital nodded in approval and smiled.

“We will only show affection behind closed doors,” Ji Hoo added just to see So Min blush even more.

The Dean choked a little and his smile faded into an awkward look. “Well, Seok Young is probably in great demand for great grandchildren.”

“Is it possible for my face to get redder than it already is?”So Min thought in defeat.

Finally, Dean Lee allowed them to leave. Ji Hoo took a hold of So Min’s hand to lead her out of the Dean’s office but she simple pull her hands away and walked out before him. She was upset and embarrass. She quickly walked to his office to avoid all the stares and whispers as she passed by people.  Ji Hoo could only follow swiftly behind her chuckling to himself as he observes his newly wedded wife be upset with him. He doesn’t understand why Jun Pyo complains when Jan Di gets upset with him, he finds So Min very cute when she is like this. He quietly closed the door behind him and leaned against the wall as So Min slump down dejectedly on his couch with her hands buried over her face and groans. He chuckles.

“Stop chuckling,” she mumbled.

He only shrugged and sat down on his office chair. “Why? This is funny.”

“This is not funny! THIS is embarrassing!”

“Why? I thought it was normal for a married couple to kiss,” he said innocently.

“But not us! Yeah, we’re married but… I don’t know! This marriage is different! Plus, we just kissed in front of so many people! That was uncalled for! Now they will never shut up!”

“So she’s not mad at me,” he thought full of relief. Yes, seeing her upset was very cute but the thought that she was mad at him was unbearable for some reason. “I know this marriage is difference. We didn’t go through all the hardships like Jun Pyo and Jan Di and we’re not madly in love like Ga Eul and Yi Jeong, but I know this marriage will work,” he said seriously. “Maybe we might end up loving each other,” he added softly in a barely audible voice.

His last comment completely took her breath away. She never really gave a thought about love before. She was never like Ga Eul and she wasn’t exactly like Jan Di to where she was too busy to thought about love. She just never really looked into it. “Maybe… hopefully,” she answered back just as quiet.

Her answer brought a smile to his face. “Okay! Let’s head off to the surgery room. We have a male that has a nail stuck to his tailbone,” Ji Hoo said whiling laughing.

She pouted. “Way to ruin the moment, dude,” she said back but also laughed at the poor man’s situation.

He just grinned back and took her hand. “Let’s go.”

The couple left his office and headed off to change for the surgery. It seems as though So Min completely forgot about how people will stare and listened and allowed Ji Hoo to hold her hand in public. While the couple is busy working, Madam Gu is busy being nosy.

“YOU WON’T BELIEVE WHAT I SAW THIS MORNING!” Gu Jan Di’s voice exclaimed through the phone in her office. “Ji Hoo sunbae and So Min were making out in the elevator this morning! A bunch of people saw it and many even took pictures. I won’t be surprised that the pictures will be on Google soon.”

“I thought they were in an arranged marriage,” Ga Eul’s sweet voice said quizzically.

“Maybe they are like a drama, first they hate each other, get married, then love each other,” Jae Kyung’s perky voice chimed in.

The three women of F4 has gathered to discuss about their best friend’s new husband which is their husband’s/fiancé’s/non official boyfriend’s best friend.

“You have watched Goong too many times,” Jan Di commented. “When they first met, they seem to hit it off well.”

“In that case, it’s only normal that they are fine with the marriage,” Ga Eul concluded.

“Yes, but this is PDA *For those who don’t know what PDA stands for: public display of affection* we’re talking about! Ji Hoo sunbae never shows his emotions not to mention such affection! Plus, So Min has never, I repeat never, kissed a guy like she did with Ji Hoo sunbae!”

“Why are you freaking out? Are you jealous that Ji Hoo sunbae no longer pays attention to only you?” Jae Kyung teased.

Jan Di didn’t answer. It wasn’t that she is still in love with Ji Hoo but it was bugging her that her best friend is now married to her other best friend. “No, it’s not that. It’s just weird. I have never seen this side of sunbae before. He is always talking and smiling when So Min is around.” She noticed that every time she passed by his office.

Ga Eul nodded on the other line. “Well, So Min always had the ability to make everyone’s day cheerful.”

“We all should be glad that someone has finally cracked Ji Hoo’s 4 dimensional self,” Yi Jeong’s voice suddenly came through the line causing all three women to shriek in surprised.

“YAH! SO YI JEONG!”

“Madam Gu,” he replied back in mockery. “Can I have my fiancée back now? Why don’t you go kick your husband and Jae Kyung, you can go hog Woo Bin,” he said playfully.

“Hey hey! Woo Bin and I has nothing to do with each other!” Jae Kyung defended.

“Uh huh. Yeah, sure. Hang up Ga Eul yang, I have some where I want to take you,” Yi Jeong’s voice change as he talked to Jae Kyung to Ga Eul. Then the click sound indicated that he cut off his phone.

“Well, haha, gotta go girls,” Ga Eul said sheepishly and hung up.

“I swear, one of these days I am going to slap the living day lights out him and Ga Eul can’t stop me,” Jae Kyung said.

Jan Di laughed. “I second that. Anyways, I’m going to eat lunch with Jun Pyo now.”

Jae Kyung pouted. “What about me?”

“Woo Bin sunbae is free you know.”

“SHUT UP!”

Ji Hoo decided to allow the paparazzi to make a dollar or two off of him and his new wife, so he took her out to eat for lunch. They made a stop at a McDonalds that is across the streets that they can easily be spotted. They both still had their doctors’ jacket on. He was in his usual rich man attire and his wife fitted well with her blue blouse matching his.

“First lunch together as a married couple and you take me to McDonalds, you’re really something, Dr. Yoon,” So Min teased as she tried to ignore the many flashing of the cameras and focus on her McDouble.

He flashed her a smile. “Well, you’re enjoying it aren’t you?”

She just took a bite out of her burger in reply. “I didn’t know a member of F4 can stoop down this low to eat McDonalds.”

He nodded in understanding. He never did have a big interest in common people food and their life style until Jan Di. Even after Jan Di, he didn’t have much of a fondness toward it, but it makes him feel simple. The feeling of simple is what he likes. “I wouldn’t say I like it, but it just makes me feel like a simple human.”

So Min laughed. “Trust me, you ARE normal. You just appear as a 4 dimensional guy because THAT is your normal around everyone else.”

“Maybe, what about you? You don’t seem to change around people except for your family members,” Ji Hoo questioned.

She shrugged. This was a sore subject. “It’s complicated,” she simply answered. She was never the type of girl that changes her attitude in front of people. She was and will always be the kind hearted girl, but not for her step mother and sister and her father.

He just gave her a blank look as if not understanding her answer although for some reason, he absolutely understood. He just wanted her to tell him the reason.

She frowned. “You know the reason why. I know you do. I don’t know how you know, but I know you do.”

He nodded. “I guess, but I rather you tell me.”

“I rather not,” she said smiling. “Why can’t we just make out? Why question?” she whined cutely.

He started laughing. “Who knew I could kiss very well?” he begun to gloat.

She blushed. “Shut up!” she said and threw a fry at him.

He continues to laugh and catch the fry in his mouth with ease and chewed it. “I wish we could… BUT we have to get to the surgery room or else, we’ll get another lecture about where babies come from.”

“EW EW EW! Let’s not go there again!” she said covering her face as she remembers this morning incident.

He laughs musically, “Alright then, let’s go,” he said and once again grabbed her hand and dragged her out. This has become a usual routine for him now. It just felt right to hold her hand and drag her around as if she was his, but she is his.