Chapter Eighteen

Intertwined

 

Dear readers,

Once again, thank you for reading! Don't kill me at the end of this chapter! Please just be patient with both the couple and the author! Sorry for the slow updates but that's the only way for me to be able to write complete chapters. Thank you for reading and supporting

With all due respect,

Sophie

 

 

 

“Hey Changmin!” So Min greeted happily as walked into the small restaurant with Ji Hoo right behind her.

Changmin greeted her excitedly but his smile fell when he saw the man behind her. “I didn’t know Ji Hoo-shi was coming with us,” he said well heartedly as his hand reached to pull out her chair.

Only, he was beaten by her husband. The smile that she gave Ji Hoo was meant for him but was snatched away right in front of his eye. “Sorry, I kind of invited myself,” Ji Hoo said in more of a challenging way than apologetic.

“Erm, no problem,” Changmin said awkwardly. This was not what he and the girls had planned.

Dinner went smoothly and Ga Eul, Jae Kyung, and Jan Di have already received a heads up on Ji Hoo’s presence. Actually, dinner went smoothly for Changmin and So Min but not so much for Ji Hoo. He suddenly realized that his wife had way too much history with this man before him, too much for comfort. They can talk about anything and nonstop at that. He could only sit and listen because he would feel impolite to intrude. What kept him from leaving was his wife’s hand on his knee. It was as if she was reassuring him that she knows he’s still here and that it’s okay if he doesn’t converse with them. It drove him over the edge when Changmin hand would occasionally brush against his wife’s free hand whiling getting salt and pepper of his glass of wine. He suddenly felt his fist tightening when Changmin reached over and ruffled So Min’s hair. “No! That’s my thing!” Suddenly, his knee felt an absence of warmth. He realized that So Min no longer had her hand on his knees but instead she was talking animatedly with her hands waving around the place and giving gestures to story that he wasn’t listening to.

Changmin got side tracked in the middle of So Min’s story to look over at Ji Hoo to see if there is any reaction from the 4th dimensional man at all. To his pleasure, Ji Hoo looked a little uncomfortable. “Jan Di over estimated her sunbae just a little bit too much,” he thought as he continues to observe Ji Hoo. “The man is already head over heels for his wife and yet he doesn’t even know it.” To prove his point, he stopped So Min mid sentence, “Minnie, I invited to you to dinner tonight because I had something to tell you.”

Ji Hoo’s ears perked up catching on to Changmin’s sudden overly cheery voice.

“What’s up?” So Min asked and placed both her hands on her lap. Ji Hoo’s hand soon placed it over hers making her feel all warm and protected.

“I might consider moving back to Korea,” he said calmly knowing that So Min would definitely blow it out of proportion.

“NO WAY! You said you love England and you have your doctor’s office there!” So Min said excitedly while Ji Hoo looks… perplexed.

Changmin scratched his head cutely. “I know, but St. John’s Hospital offered me an opening as a children doctor there, so you know, I’m considering.”

Ji Hoo’s jaw almost dropped to the ground while his wife was grinning like crazy. “St. John’s Hospital… the one in Seoul?” Ji Hoo asked and hoped that there is another hospital somewhere in Korea that isn’t Seoul.

“Yup!” Changmin said merrily just to irk Ji Hoo.

“Oh my God! You have to accept that job!” So Min basically screamed gripped Ji Hoo’s hand painfully out of excitement.

Changmin again scratched his head; he obviously remembers how So Min always thought he was so cute doing that. He does it so often in front of her that it suddenly became a habit. “Why?”

“BECAUSE! Ji Hoo and I work there! AND… WE WILL BE WORKING TOGETHER!” So Min said animatedly. “Don’t you know?! I’m the head doctor for the children ward and Ji Hoo is the head doctor of the hospital! Jan Di even works there too!” She then turned to look at her husband, “Wouldn’t it be fun if he works with us too?!”

“…” Ji Hoo would on slowly nod. He suddenly couldn’t find his voice when he imagined how Changmin and So Min will be working so closely together.

Changmin could only smile devilishly. He wasn’t really comfortable with their plan before. Jae Kyung came up with the idea for him to take So Min out for dinner and get her drunk and let her stay at the hotel with him but don’t do anything to her. They would be back with Ji Hoo and make him worry about So Min’s whereabouts. You know, the good old cliché plan that either ends up in complete failure or complete success. However, with the Yoon couple, they should have known that cliché themes don’t work too well with them. “This is turning out a lot better than I thought it would,” Changmin thought happily.

“Oh my God! This is going to be great! I mean…” So Min rambled on and on about how much fun it would be if Changmin accepted the offer while Ji Hoo could only dread it while Changmin continues to laugh at Ji Hoo silently. After what seems like forever to Ji Hoo, So Min decided that it was late and she wanted to return back to their cabin. They bid each other good bye and Ji Hoo and So Min decided to take a nice walk home. It has been a while since they were able to walk the streets without someone recognizing them.

“You seem very excited to for Changmin-shi,” Ji Hoo commented nonchalantly as he continue walking with both of his hands in his pockets while So Min would walk, skip, and spin around ahead of him.

She stops and skipped back to her husband, “Of course! Aren’t you?! We get another friend to work with us! Plus, he’s a great doctor, you don’t have to worry! I bet that if he worked at England’s hospitals, he would definitely be a head doctor of a ward or maybe he’ll be like you and be the head doctor of the entire hospital!” She then went ahead and skipped forward like she usually does. “You know, you and Changmin are almost the complete opposite but yet the same. He was always the social butterfly and everyone adored him. You’re not exactly the most talkative person in the world but people still adore you. When he and I went out, girls started crying and glared at me. When we got married, I got death threats! Haha, you both are way too popular,” she continues to compare and contrast Ji Hoo and Changmin.

She was beginning to annoy the hell out of him with her constant chattering. Usually, Ji Hoo didn’t mind listening to his wife’s rambles because she was cute and animated when she talks about a topic that she is truly passionate about. But tonight’s topic was not something Ji Hoo neither liked nor wanted to listen to. It didn’t take long until he finally snapped and swiftly grabbed her by the arm and made her face him. He was tired of her talking endlessly about Changmin. It was always Changmin this… Changmin that… It seemed never ending to him.

“Ji Hoo, it hurts,” she whimpered as she tried to pry his fingers off her burning wrist. She was scared and shocked. She has never seen Ji Hoo so violent before. For once, he even looked angry. She has seen him stressed and tired but never angry. She never knew he could even get angry.

He suddenly felt guilty for his sudden rashness. He didn’t mean to hurt her. He just wanted to get her attention and stop her squabbles about Shim Changmin. “Sorry,” he whispered sincerely and loosened his grip on her wrist but nonetheless still holding on to her. “I just wanted you to stop,” he said in an almost pained voice.

So Min stared back at him with confusion. “Stop what?” she asked. She didn’t know what was wrong. She was doing the same thing she normal does when they walk. She walks in front talking while he walks behind her listening and occasionally make comments.

“Talking about Changmin,” he said angrily and let go of her wrist fiercely causing her to jerk back just a little.

“I beg your pardon? What?” So Min asked in complete bewilderment. “What is going on? Why is he so mad? Changmin? What?”

Ji Hoo sighed heavily and ran his hand though his hair in frustration. “I don’t like it when you, my wife, talks about Changmin, another man that isn’t me, in front of me,” he flatly stated. He never deemed himself as the jealous type but who knew, the way So Min talked about Changmin threw him over the edge. “God,” he groaned and covered his face with his hand in shame. How in the world did she manage to make him turn into the petty type of guy was beyond him.

So Min observed Ji Hoo carefully before breaking out into a complete smile. “Aww! You’re jealous!” she said excitedly and poked at his chest.

“I am not!” Ji Hoo denied as he removed his hand from his face.

“Jealous!”

“Am not!” he denied fiercely. This woman was hurting his pride!

“Are too!”

“Am not!”

“Are too!”

That did it. Ji Hoo has never been so humiliated in his life. What will his friends say when they see him like this? He has never lost his cool before not even during fist fights with Jun Pyo. This was also the first time he reacted so violently in front of So Min. Her constant poking at his chest didn’t help ease his discomfort. He stopped his childish bantering with her while she continues to sing song that he was jealous.

“Stop,” he hissed darkly as he grabbed both of So Min’s hand in a binding lock to prevent her from poking holes into his chest. His face was really close to her, extremely close, too close for her comfort.

She was lost deep in his eyes and her sing song voice faltered in a flash. For the first time, she had a close look at her husband, no, not the 4th dimensional husband, but just a regular human being husband. She learned that he was the most normal when he was around her. It took all her will power not to stand on her tippy toes and kiss the man in front of her. His face leaned down near hers. It seemed as though it was taunting her. She could see he was angry, but an angry Ji Hoo was a y normal man Ji Hoo. She should be scared of him right now but she’s not. She found him amazingly adorable. Her self control to kiss him ended shortly after she felt Ji Hoo’s face leaned closer to her. He was about to kiss her but she beat him to it. She felt Ji Hoo grin against her urgent kiss. He let go of her hands and they made their way around his neck while his hand embraced her small being. Since when was So Min so bold, only God will know. He liked that So Min once again initiated the kiss because it reassured him that she was his, but he likes being in control.

“So Min,” he let out a gurgling sound as he gently pushed her off him even though his mind screamed in protest. He chuckled as he heard her groan and stilled held tightly to him. “Let’s go home,” he said calmly as possible. It was hard for him to say that because he was, after all, a grown man.

“Home? Back to the cabin? Where all our friends are there? Where my friends are complete psychos and like to interrupt?” So Min asked incredulously. “You have got to ting with me!”

Ji Hoo laughed as his wife cursed. “No, home as in Seoul, Korea, we’ll ditch them. I’m tired of them too,” he said winked.

“… Come again?” his cute wife asked back in confusion.

He rolled his eyes. “Gu Jun Pyo isn’t the only guy that has a private jet,” he stated proudly. It never seizes to amaze him that his wife keeps forgetting they are filthy rich.

So Min was dumb struck and looked at Ji Hoo with new found amazement. “You’re crazy,” she finally concluded.

Ji Hoo grinned. “Crazy, crazy in love with you,” he whispered charmingly into her ear which earned him a shiver from her.

“You said it,” So Min said in a dazed as she looked at her handsome husband. Who would have thought, just a kick from her earned her a nice husband?

He felt as though he was the happiest man alive. He shamelessly confessed to his wife that he loves her. But his confession was subtly interjected into their conversation. He was hoping that she wouldn’t catch it because then it would only embarrass him more, but she did. “I said it,” he confirmed.

Once again, So Min lunged at him and embracing him in a tight hug making him laugh. “I love you too!” she said gleefully like a child whose father just gave a lollipop to.

“Let me call the pilot,” he said and pulled out his cell phone and punched in some numbers.

She was excited as hell to be ditching her friends. She was always the one to do something spontaneous without them. She was a lone wolf usually but this time, she found someone who likes to be alone more than her, and it excites her to know that Ji Hoo would do something impulsive and unlike his character just for her.

He was still on the phone with his personal pilot practically begging the man to take him and his wife back home. It was a good thing that Ji Hoo asked his pilot to come along in secret just in case the hospital needed him back… or something like this would happen to him and his wife. He looked over at his wife and saw the gleam in her eyes. It was something that made his heart and stomach stir even more. He had to play it cool though so he winked back at her when he got the signal that they will be flying back now and arrive in less than two hours.

“Thank God our friends only took us to Alaska,”they thought at the same time considering how close Alaska and Korea is versus Korea and some other exotic beach island.

The two hour flight felt like a life time for the married couple. They both wondered how married couple would want to leave for their far away honeymoon right after their wedding. They sat waiting impatiently for the plane to land into their homeland. It wasn’t awkward but it was a silence filled flight aside from the constant humming of the plane and So Min’s unvarying taps of her fingers which Ji Hoo stopped after the first hour of the flight by placing his hand on top of hers.

“We’re finally home,” Ji Hoo stated as he helped his wife out of the plane and into the chauffeur’s black Lincoln car.

“Finally,” So Min agreed warmly. For some reason she wasn’t as nervous as she was anticipating her first night with her husband. She can honestly say she can’t wait. For once, she understands how Yi Jeong feels. She’ll definitely help them… after she helps herself first.

 “We’re not making out until we get into the safety of our house,” Ji Hoo whispered huskily into his wife ears while making sure that the driver was still busy checking out of the private airport of Shinwha’s International Airline.

So Min’s eyes widen out of shocked and stared at Ji Hoo with a new perspective. However, he missed it since he already leaned back against his seat and closed his eyes trying to calm his nerves, not that So Min needed to know that minor detail.

“I can wait,” she whispered back and snuggled against the nook of his neck.

The old driver looked from his mirrors to see the loving couple resting peacefully; he was debating whether he should leave them be or not. “Lives are depending on them though,” he thought and came upon his decision. “Ahem, Young Master and Missy,” he said and cleared his throat.

Ji Hoo opened his eyes and felt So Min sitting up straight next to him. “That was quick,” he said expecting to be in the drive way of his humble home but instead of was greeted by miles of road ahead.

“Aniyo, Young Master, the hospital was informed of your departure from Alaska and they wished that you and your wife would make your presence known there as soon as you arrive in Korea.”

Ji Hoo looked at So Min who was also looking at him and then they both looked at the driver and back to each other. Their faces were priceless. They both were thinking the same thing, “You have got to be ing joking,” they thought bitterly. If Ji Hoo had known this would have happened, he would have gladly stayed in Alaska.