Chapter Twenty Four

Intertwined

Dear Readers,

Sorry! I know it has been a long time since I last updated. Honestly, I don't think today's update is really great. This writer's block is really getting to me, and I am really sorry that I am disappointing my readers! School started again, and teachers just pile homework as if I am only taking their class. Anyways, thank you for letting me rant and reading my story! Just please be patient with me! 

With all due respect,

Sophie

 

 

“Look Jae Kyung, I know you’re mad at me but I can’t help it,” Hae Ra said to Jae Kyung who was currently tied up on a bed. Hae Ra was holding some porridge to feed to Jae Kyung.

“Wang Hae Ra!” Jae Kyung shrieked in anger. “Why are you doing this?!”

“Eat,” she answered.

“No!”

“Eat.”

“NO!”

“Ha Jae Kyung! You better ing eat or I’ll shove it down your throat!” Hae Ra threatened. She never was really a patient woman but neither was Jae Kyung.

“I ing said no!” Jae Kyung cursed back at Hae Ra with just as much venom.

“Aish!” Hae Ra screamed in distressed. “You’re making this hard on me!” she whined.

“Says the one who kidnapped me!”

Hae Ra in air and let it out while running her hand through her long hair. “I’m sorry,” she said sincerely.

“If you’re sorry then let me go!” Jae Kyung yelled.

“I can’t do that.”

“Why not? Why the hell do you want 50 million dollars?!”

Hae Ra laughed out loud. “Please, I don’t need the money. I just used that to make it sound like a real kidnapping.”

“IT IS A REAL KIDNAPPING!” Jae Kyung shrieked as she looked at her tied up hands and feet.

Hae Ra frowned. “Well if you had stopped struggling and screaming, we wouldn’t have to tie you up,” she replied back.

“Why would I not try to run? I’m not dumb!” Jae Kyung replied back thinking that Hae Ra is some psychotic person to think that any normal person would stop running away from their attacker and go with the attacker willingly.

Hae Ra thought about it for another minute before realizing that she was actually being pretty dumb. “Haha, true, true.”

Jae Kyung looked at Hae Ra as if she had nine heads. “I swear, woman, why can’t I hate you?!” she asked angrily.

Hae Ra grinned and made a chink face. “Because I’m Wang Hae Ra! Anyways, EAT!” she screamed half begging half demanding.

“I don’t wanna!” Jae Kyung sounded like a baby being forced to eat.

“WAH! Eat!”

“NO!”

“EAT!”

“NO!”

“EAT!”

The guards could only look at two grown woman fighting as if they were five years old and shake their head. This kidnapping has become more like children’s horseplay. All they can do is stand guard at the doors and window to keep Jae Kyung from trying to escape.

“You wanna tell me why you’re kidnapping me?” Jae Kyung half giggled half serious while sharing a tub of vanilla ice cream with Hae Ra.

Hae Ra sighed. “Well, I wasn’t my idea,” she said defensively. “You know I love you,” she said sincerely.

Jae Kyung scrunched up her nose.

“EW! Not like that! I have a husband!” Hae Ra answered and the two women giggled.

“Anyways, continue,” Jae Kyung pressed.

Hae Ra sighed. “You’re half brother asked for this,” she answered honestly.

“Kyung Soo Oppa?!” Jae Kyung basically screamed in surprised. Yes, Ha Jae Kyung has a half brother. They kept this is in secret because he was the son of her father but from a different mother. He took his mother’s last name instead. However, they see each other as real brothers and sisters. Jae Kyung was the younger sister that Kyung Soo, the older brother, always wanted to protected.

Hae Ra nodded. “You know how your brother gets about you,” she said and rolled her eyes, “There are days when I wonder if he loves you more or me more.”

Jae Kyung giggled at her sister in law. “I am sure that he loves me more.”

“YAH!” Hae Ra screeched and shoved a spoon full of porridge into Jae Kyung’s mouth to shut her up.

“Kidding! Kidding!” she exclaimed after swallowing. “Anyways, I always wanted to ask, why’d  you choose to call So Min to ask her to bring the money for the ‘kidnapping’,” Jae Kyung asked and used hand quotes as she said ‘kidnapping’.

“Oh, that?! I wanted to get to know her more!”

“… So you thought that making her bring the money and possibly kidnap her too will make you become her friend?”

“… YUP!”

“WOMAN! WHAT IS YOUR GPA?! HOW THE HELL DID YOU BECOME A DOCTOR?!”

“HOW THE HELL DID YOU BECOME A CEO?!”

“Are my two favorite women fighting over me again?” Kyung Soo’s voice came through the room. “Hey honey,” he said and came over to give his wife a kiss and then handed her a hot dog.

Jae Kyung made a gagging face. “Please, I’m mad at you! Why are you doing this?!”

Kyung Soo patted Jae Kyung’s head as if she was a puppy. “Because, I don’t like you dating a monster, I mean, a mobster. BUT since you seem to like him a lot, I decided to test if he likes you as much as you like him,” he declared proudly as he started to untie Jae Kyung.

“Oppa! We’re not serious!”

“Yobo, tell her what happens when you have ,” Kyung Soo said.

“OPPA!” Jae Kyung yelped and covered her ears.

Hae Ra laughed. “Honey, stop teasing her, she’s old enough to know-”

“No she’s not! She’s not supposed to be having… !” he spelled it out as if Jae Kyung couldn’t spell it.

Hae Ra rolled her eyes at her husband over protectiveness. “Yobo, she’s 26! She’s capable and plus Woo Bin-shi is friends with Ji Hoo! He should be a good guy!”

“Any guy having with my sister before marriage is NOT a good guy,” he muttered under his breath.

“So that means you’re a bad guy too,” Hae Ra stated.

Both siblings’ eyes opened widely. “HAE RA! Too much info!” Jae Kyung winced.

“I’m different!”

“Sure…”

“Anyways, I’m leaving,” Jae Kyung announced and stood up.

“No, you’re not!” Kyung Soo pushed his sister back down on the bed. “You’re staying here until that little boy comes to save you himself.”

“Oppa!” she whined. “Hae Ra, help!”

“Nope! Mother and Father in law will not be happy to know that you’re dating a mobster,” Hae Ra stated the obvious.

Jae Kyung pouted but listened. She has never really thought about her relationship with Woo Bin that far yet. All she knows is that she’s having a great time with and he’s having a great time with her. She doesn’t really like complicated things. “Fine, Oppa, if I make a deal with you will you let me go?”

“Depends on your offer,” he answered.

“I can’t say that I will stop meeting up with Woo Bin because we have the same group of friends and he’s my business partner, but I can promise that I won’t have any other relations with him if that makes you happy,” Jae Kyung said honestly.

Hae Ra frowned. “That’s not what I wanted to hear.”

“But that’s what I want to hear,” Kyung Soo said and earned an elbow from his wife.

“I thought you love Woo Bin-shi,” Hae Ra stated.

Jae Kyung shrugged. “We never really made our relationship an official thing you know.”

“Alright! We will let you go!” Kyung Soo said happily to know that his younger sister is not dating a dangerous man.

Hae Ra just kept quiet but she didn’t feel quite right about Jae Kyung. She let the subject drop but once she becomes really good friends with So Min, she’ll bring it up again. After Jae Kyung started to ‘date’ Woo Bin, she has changed. Sure, she was always feisty and fierce from the beginning, but Jae Kyung was still a naïve woman. However, after losing her ity to Woo Bin, she changed. But her changes were subtle. She was less flirty with other men as if she already has a partner. All her free time would go to spending time with Woo Bin. She no longer lives in neither the mansion nor her private apartment, but instead goes to live under the roof of Woo Bin. Hae Ra assumed that it will just take time a little push for the young heiress to realize that she is actually in love. She has more commitment to Woo Bin that she actually gives off.

“Jae Kyung actually loves Woo Bin, but just hasn’t realized it,” Hae Ra kept a mental note of that.

“Woo Bin?” Jae Kyung’s called out quietly. She came back very late that night in fear of a commotion her friends will cause. She looked around the house to find everything broken or nearly broken. Nothing was in place and all her flower vases were thrown off their stance and shattered on the floor.

A maid in the Song mansion was attempting clean when Jae Kyung came in. She almost screamed to wake everyone up to tell them at Missy Jae Kyung was back and alive, but Jae Kyung stopped her. The maid told her how Woo Bin went berserk and how angry he was for not finding her. “Missy, the Young Master really cares about you,” the maid also told her.

“Woo Bin?” she tried again as she gently opened his bedroom door. It was a mess and it reeked of alcohol. Woo Bin was snoring lightly under the messed up sheets. She stood next to the bed and lightly pushed Woo Bin to wake him up. She was use to him waking up with the sudden and smallest movement.

Woo Bin woke up immediately. He was a mobster and must always be alert. “Jae Kyung?” he asked in confusion as his eyes did a wild intake of the young heiress face illuminated by the moon. “Is it really you?” he asked to make sure he wasn’t hallucinating or that maybe his whiskey has finally taken its toll.

Jae Kyung smiled gently. “Yeah,” she said and removed a misplaced piece of hair from Woo Bin’s face.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere? God! I was scared less! Who kidnapped you? I’ll ring their heads off!” Woo Bin basically growled as he quickly got up from bed and griped Jae Kyung’s arms from both side to examine her. His questions all came out at once and she could tell that because of her, he was really worked up.

Jae Kyung’s hand gently caresses Woo Bin’s face. “Calm down,” she whispered. “I’m okay.”

Woo Bin’s jaw relaxes under Jae Kyung’s touch and he finally settled down. “You don’t know how worried I was,” he said breathlessly as he leaned his forehead to touch hers.

Jae Kyung slowly pulled away realizing how serious her relationship with Woo Bin was now. He cared for her. He cared for a lot more than she thinks he does. Does she care for him? Yes, every time Woo Bin comes home late because of the mobster business, she worries. She was pace around the mansion waiting for him to come home and doesn’t go to bed until she sees him.

“We need to talk,” they both said at the same time after a hot and steamy reunion session. Woo Bin had her entire body engulfed by his hug. He doesn’t want to see her face when he tells her this. She refused to look up to meet his face when she tells him this.

“You go first,” Jae Kyung said.

“No, you go ahead,” Woo Bin said hoping that he can stall her heartbreak a little longer.

“How about this we say it at the same time?”

Woo Bin nodded in agreement and waited for Jae Kyung to count to three.

“I think we should stop seeing each other like this.” “You should stay away from me.”

The couple pulled away to look into each other’s eyes.

Suddenly, a pain washed over Jae Kyung. She didn’t realize how much Woo Bin meant to her until now. Sure, when she first started this relationship with him, she knew that one day he would let her go. However, as time went by, she forgets that Woo Bin and she were never meant to be. She always felt happy next to Woo Bin. One minute, they would be sitting down properly and having a serious business discussion or he’s taking her to visit his world, his empire, and the next, they are playing around in bed. With Woo Bin around, there was something to keep Jae Kyung busy and about. However, everything was a game, a short fling, a fleeting moment of happiness.

Woo Bin saw a flash of pain come across Jae Kyung's beautiful face. He felt a sense of relief when she told him why she had disappeared and was so called kidnapped. He somehow saw this day coming since he was a mobster. His father’s empire was always constantly always being defended against cops and the ‘righteous’ society. In all honesty, to Woo Bin, having a love one in his life will only hinder him. She will cause him fear to lose her. That was exactly what Jae Kyung had accomplished. And exactly the reasons why Woo Bin must let her go now before he becomes extremely selfish and make her stay.

“I CAN’T TAKE IT ANYMORE!” So Min whined to her husband as she came through their home door.

Ji Hoo was taking a sip of his coffee while reading the newspaper at the dinner table. Today is one of the rare Saturdays’ mornings that So Min and Ji Hoo didn’t have work and actually had the full day off. As soon as they were left off work Friday night, So Min was dragged by a six month pregnant Jan Di and an overly stressed soon to be wife Ga Eul to the home of the depressed for three months Jae Kyung.

“Sit down, I made breakfast,” Ji Hoo said as he placed his newspaper down and gestured toward some scrambled eggs with buttered toast and hash-browns. He figured that since So Min spent the night at Jae Kyung’s again, she probably missed him and his cooking. Inwardly, Ji Hoo curses Woo Bin and Jae Kyung for stealing his wife away from all time.

It has been three months since Woo Bin’s and Jae Kyung’s so called break up. When Jae Kyung explained to Woo Bin that her family was behind this, Woo Bin died a little inside. He should have known that no family would like their daughter to date a gangster. Jae Kyung also died a little inside when Woo Bin didn’t stop her from leaving. Yeah, she says that they don’t love each other and it was just for fun and the thrill, but in the inside, she didn’t want to leave Woo Bin. She had wanted him to ask her to stay.

Woo Bin has been relatively calm about it to the point that it was eerie to the rest of F4. Ji Hoo could tell that Woo Bin doesn’t go to the club as often anymore and neither does he pick up girls like changing clothes. Sometimes Woo Bin would go out and find a nice girl to release some stress but he doesn’t do as often as he did before Jae Kyung. He also avoids going to group meetings because he’s afraid that he would run into Jae Kyung. Jun Pyo hasn’t said anything much about since his wife has been keeping him busy with her odd cravings and sudden mood swings and Yi Jeong has been in and out of his studio and the wedding halls with Ga Eul. Sometimes, it was only So Min that goes over to Jae Kyung and kept her company, since the other two are busy. Every time So Min has a day off, she always get dragged to Jae Kyung.

Ji Hoo smiled. “Don’t worry, she’ll get over it soon,” he said trying to comfort his wife.

So Min made a face while she swallowed her eggs. “If she could, she would have by now. It has been three months. How is Woo Bin doing?” she asked nonchalantly but deep inside, she was really upset with Woo Bin. How could he act as if nothing happened? Doesn’t he miss Jae Kyung at all?

Ji Hoo put down his utensils and looked at his wife serious as if defending his friend through his serious gaze, “Just let them be.” He knew very well that Jan Di is very upset with Woo Bin right now; hence, he could infer that Ga Eul and So Min are also upset with his Don Juan friend. He and the rest of the men felt sorry for their friend instead. Woo Bin may be a nice guy and very whimsical but he still is a mobster that no woman’s parent would approve of.  “I am sure that you have heard from Jae Kyung what happened.”

“… I know, BUT that’s no excuse! He can still show her family that he is worthy of her!” So Min argued.

“So Min, you have to understand, Woo Bin won’t do it. His emotions will start wavering if Jae Kyung is with him. He will start to fear for her life. He doesn’t want anything to happen to her, that’s all.”

“Well, he’s hurting her right now,” So Min said icily.

“He’s doing what’s best for her.”

“That’s not what she wants.”

“What she wants will get her into trouble.”

“But she deserves to be loved!” she exclaimed.

“She also deserves to be safe.”

“What about Woo Bin?! He deserves someone too!” her voice rising to a new level. There are days when she can’t stand Ji Hoo’s calmness and rationality.

“They need someone that is compatible to them.”

“They need someone they love!”

“Woo Bin is just looking out for her.”

So Min knew she couldn’t keep arguing with Ji Hoo. He always had a comeback to everything she says. She could feel her anger rising in her. Her best friend was hurting right now. And So Min also knows that Woo Bin is also hurting too, but he’s not doing anything to stop it. “He’s a coward,” So Min muttered.

“He’s doing what’s best,” Ji Hoo said calmly. His wife was a lot more hot tempered than he was and he knew that.

So Min frowned. “I don’t want to fight with you over their business,” she finally said but with a little bit of iciness.

Ji Hoo just shrugged and decided to stop pushing her buttons. He was only defending his friend. They continued their breakfast in silence. Ever since Jae Kyung’s and Woo Bin’s thing, their marriage has been a little shaky. Starting with work, sometimes when they work together, they can’t agree on a method and often -head. Their hum drum relationship has suddenly started to get boring because they know so much about each other now. They were always too buried in work to have any time for each other. And when they have time, Jae Kyung drags So Min somewhere while Ji Hoo occasional checks up on Woo Bin. The So Couple wasn’t doing much better either. The media surrounded Ga Eul like the plagues and she started to feel a little shaky about a marriage with a chaebol. The Gu Couple were the only normal one. Jan Di and Jun Pyo are happily expecting their little baby boy. Life just started to get a little overwhelming when a friend is hurting. Friendship is what causing the Yoon Couple to drift. Ji Hoo’s allegiance is with Woo Bin while So Min’s was with Jae Kyung.