Chapter Thirty Two

Intertwined

 

Dear Readers,

I am soo sooo soooooo sooooooo sorry!!!!! I know it's been FOREVERRR since I've last updated. I just can't seem to find the time to pick up writing again. School has started again, and this is probably my most important year at my school. Anyways, can you guys inbox me some ideas about this story? I honestly feel like my story is so boring and humdrum. Please inbox me any ideas or suggestions for the plot. Please don't put your ideas on the comments because I want everyone else can have a surprise. Anyways, thank you for supporting my story!!! I really do appreciate all of you guys!

With all due respect,

Sophie

 

The Yoon Couple had this day off from work. They planned to just stay home and be a hermit couple together. Of course, Ji Hoo was the first to get out of bed and made breakfast while So Min continued to sleep like a lump on a log. In this marriage, Ji Hoo wore the pants and the apron. To Ji Hoo, So Min was like a little child for him to take care with love. She amuses him and keeps his day entertained. Ji Hoo made himself an egg, ham, and cheese omelet while he only poured milk into the bowl and grabbed Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal for So Min.

“So Min,” he called out as he nudged her gently. “Wake up; I have breakfast in bed this morning,” he cooed.

That got So Min to wake up immediately, “Food? Where?!”

Ji Hoo chuckled as he placed the bed tray down and sat down comfortably next to her.

“Looks yummy!” So Min said excitedly as she picked up the fork to dig into the omelet, but her hand was pushed away by Ji Hoo.

He took the fork from her hand and replaced it with a spoon. He always took the omelet plate and put it on his side of the tray and gave So Min a white bowl filled with milk and pushed the cereal box on her side. “You need a diet,” Ji Hoo said with a deadpan look on his face.

“Bwoh?! What did you just say?” So Min asked in disbelief as she watched Ji Hoo eat his omelet without a care in the world.

Ji Hoo swallowed the chewed omelet and replied, “Diet, you’re getting a little… chunky.”

“Repeat. Repeat what you just said,” So Min as calmly as possible.

“Your love handle… it’s getting a little big… I don’t like women with big love handles. Plus, you want to look good in your bridesmaid dress don’t you?”

So Min’s eyes almost popped out of her socket. How could he say something like that to her?! “Did you just call me… chunky?”

“Hmm,” Ji Hoo answered as he continued to eat his omelet.

“YAH! Who are you calling chunky?! Why don’t you look at yourself, Mr. I-Am-Perfect eh?!” So Min said as she started poking at Ji Hoo’s biceps. “Look at this flab!”

Ji Hoo dropped his omelet and stared at So Min without a word causing So Min to stop poking and shrink away.

“What? I was just telling the truth!” she defended herself. “And I don’t like men with flabby arms,” So Min mocked him.

Ji Hoo grinned and held So Min in a head lock with his arm. “What did I do in my past life to earn myself a wife like you?”

“You probably killed me in your previous life so now this is your punishment,” So Min mumbled as she fought to get out of the head lock.

Ji Hoo laughed as he let go of So Min and let her fix her hair. “I never would have imagined that I would marry someone like you.”

So Min rolled her eyes. “I honestly didn’t even think about marriage. I was just thinking about how to get a job and keep my apartment. You… you just came in a whirlwind to me.”

“And you came as a kick in the face,” Ji Hoo teased.

“You were irritating!” So Min said in defense. While making sure Ji Hoo wouldn’t notice, So Min’s hand stealthily reached for his fork but only to have his swat hers away.

“I really have to keep your hands tied don’t I?” Ji Hoo asked before grabbing his plate and leaving So Min with her bowl of milk and box of cereal.

“Okay okay! I’ll eat my cereal; you don’t have to leave!” So Min whined.

Just as Ji Hoo was about to climb back into bed, his phone buzzed.

“Who is it?”

“It’s Ga Eul,” Ji Hoo replied back in confusion. Usually Ga Eul always messaged So Min, and although the group of them is close, he and Ga Eul never really talked alone; they never had any reasons to anyway. “It seems like she wants us to keep Yi Jeong busy.”

“Why?” So Min asked back.

Ji Hoo shrugged.

Before the couple could continue their inquiry, So Min got a call from Yi Jeong.

“Hello?”

“So Min, I need you to do me a favor,” Yi Jeong said.

“Okay, what’s up? Huh, this is funny. Ga Eul texted Ji Hoo just now asking if he could keep you busy, and now you call me to ask me to keep her busy,” So Min replied back and mouthed to Ji Hoo that Yi Jeong is on the line.

“I need you to take Ga Eul away for a day. She can go nowhere near my grandfather’s house,” Yi Jeong replied completely ignoring So Min’s previous comment.

“Umm…” So Min stuttered to find an answer.

“It’s too late. I think she has already arrived at your grandfather’s place,” Ji Hoo took the phone from So Min and answered Yi Jeong.

“H-how do you know?”

“You might want to answer your father’s calls sometimes.”

All Ji Hoo heard before Yi Jeong hung up was ‘’. So Min looked at Ji Hoo expectantly, seeking for an explanation for the So couple’s odd behavior. “I think we’re going to have to make a trip to grandpa’s place for today,” he said out of the blue.

“Um? Okay? Why so sudden?” So Min asked as she followed Ji Hoo into their walk in closet. “What’s going with Ga Eul and Yi Jeong?”

“I’ll explain on the way to Grandfather’s place,” Ji Hoo said as he started packing his and hers bags.

“… Ji Hoo? Why-why are you packing so many clothes? We can’t just pick up and leave the hospital again.”

“Yes, we can. Have I ever told you that I own more than 50% of the hospital now?”

“… WHAT?!” So Min exclaimed. “WHY?!”

Ji Hoo shrugged. “They wouldn’t let me hire more people to help out so I bought out some shares and now I am hiring people,” he said nonchalantly. It was his inner spoiled being speaking. “Being rich has its benefits, my dear wife. Speaking of that, I think we are going to have to get you to do some shopping,” he said as he tsk at most of her clothing.

“Yoon Ji Hoo,” So Min said in disapproval.

“I’m pulling out of the new ward team.”

“You’re kidding!” So Min replied in surprised. “You’ve worked so hard on in! I mean planning its architect, and the team, even contacting hospitals in different countries to compare.”

“I know, but I think I’ve done enough. Everything is practically done; I just hired some people to over look some business plans and transfer some patience of the trauma unit there and combine the new ward with the ER to help each other out.”

“But-”

“So Min, we got to go so change,” Ji Hoo replied. “There’s nothing to be surprised about. I removed myself from the project because we will need some time in planning the wedding.”

So Min smiled. “I’m glad I have a very considerate husband.

“Your husband won’t be as considerate if you don’t get going because he’s about to drive off without you,” Ji Hoo answered and urged So Min to change.

While the Yoon couple made their journey to Harabeoji, Yi Jeong was racing to his grandfather’s house. His father made it clear to him that Ga Eul is currently there ‘drinking tea’ with his grandfather. Yi Jeong’s mother is currently waiting with his father in the main living room adjacent to the tea room.

“I can’t believe he gave her the address,” So Yuna muttered begrudgingly at her husband.

When Yi Jeong arrived, he found his parents sitting apart from one another. His mother had her arms crossed and was muttering things under her breath. For the past hour and a half, So Hyun Sub sat in the living room with his arranged wife blaming him for the situation. She wouldn’t scold him directly but under her breath thinking that he can’t hear her. Seeing this was odd for Yi Jeong, for once, his father was actually paying attention to his mother, whom doesn’t seem to want his affection anymore.

“How long have they been in there?” Yi Jeong asked his mother and only giving his father a solemn nod as an acknowledgement toward his father.

His mother shrugged. “Your father was here before I was, but I got here two hours ago.”

“They have been in there for three hours already,” Hyun Sub replied to his son.

Yi Jeong didn’t respond but immediately head toward the tea room only to be stopped by his grandfather’s most trusted and loved butler, Butler Kim. The old man stood proudly and still in front of the door; he has done this for many years. He could still remember So Hyun Sub being the one to try and break through this door, now a generation later, So Hyun Sub’s son is here to break through.

“I’m sorry; I cannot let you through, Young Master Yi Jeong,” Butler Kim said primly.

Yi Jeong was silent for a moment until, he spoke in the most pleading voice, “Harabeoji,” he said desperately, “please, let me in.”

Butler Kim and Yi Jeong has always have close bond. Ever since young, Yi Jeong’s grandfather favored Yi Jeong’s older brother, Yi Hyun, thinking that he would be the next heir to the So Empire. However, when Yi Hyun left, his grandfather trained Yi Jeong harsher and kept pushing him to replace his older brother.

The old man’s eyes soften; he knew all of Yi Jeong’s pain from a broken family: a philandering father, suicidal mother, a disappearing brother, and a harsh grandfather. “You picked a good girl,” was the only respond from Butler Kim, “have some faith in her.”

It was obvious that Butler Kim wouldn’t defy his grandfather no matter what. Yi Jeong could dejectedly sit back with his parents. It was obvious that the family unit was waiting to hear a cry from Ga Eul or a shout by Grandpa So, but they heard nothing. It all seems to calm. Ji Hoo and So Min picked up Harabeoji Yoon before heading over to the So Mansion.

“You youngsters are always getting into some kind of the trouble,” Grandpa Yoon complained as he felt his knee pain becomes acute from sitting in the car for too long.

Ji Hoo drove his grandfather’s black Mercedes Benz E Class E350, a car that Jun Pyo bought for the man’s 65th birthday. Grandfather Yoon was in the passenger seat while So Min was sprawled in the back asleep. They have been on the road for three hours now, and at first, Grandpa Yoon refused to go.

~Flashback Four Hours Earlier~

“Shiro,” Ji Hoo’s grandfather replied as he walked away from the living room toward his kitchen for another cup of tea.

“Harabeoji! You adore Ga Eul! She needs your help!” So Min whined as she followed him like a lost puppy.

“That old hag won’t listen to me,” Grandpa replied.

“But you guys are buddies!”

“Yes but that doesn’t mean he’ll listen to me.”

“Harabeoji!” So Min continued to whine.

“Let it go So Min,” Ji Hoo said calmly as he tugged So Min to sit back down. “Grandpa, why don’t you come with us to the So Mansion for dinner? You don’t have to persuade Harabeoji So anything; just eat dinner with us and the So household.”

~End of Flashback~

Harabeoji Yoon rang the doorbell of the So Mansion first while Ji Hoo piggyback So Min out of the car. He didn’t have the heart to wake So Min up when she looked so happy sleeping. The Yoon family was led into the same living room with Yi Jeong and his parents. Ji Hoo placed So Min gently on an empty sofa while everyone else made mundane greetings.

Grandpa Yoon patted Yi Jeong’s back. “You may think you’re grandfather is a hard , but he’ll come around. Ga Eul is a very sweet girl; it’s hard not to adore her.” After giving Yi Jeong a small pep talk, he walked toward the tea room only to be faced with Butler Kim.

“Hello Kim Dae Woong! You’re looking quite dabber today!” Grandpa Yoon said cheerily as he greeted an old friend. This man, he has his moments of being prim and proper like a true wealthy and powerful man, and then the next, he’s a silly old man that likes to be a hill-billy.

If only other people know Butler Kim like Grandpa Yoon, only then can they see his inward grimace when he saw Harabeoji Yoon. Butler Kim, Harabeoji Yoon, and Harabeoji So are actually companions. These three old men refuse to acknowledge that they are friends, only companions. Reasons for that would be: 1) Butler Kim is in a lower status than Harabeoji So and Yoon. 2) Harabeoji So is the serious, traditional one in the group. 3) Harabeoji Yoon is the progressive one that likes to modernize some traditions; therefore, he and Harabeoji So often clash. When Harabeoji Yoon was president, Harabeoji So had many things to complain about his reign, yet they still often gather together. These three old men are like philosophical thinkers. “Master is currently not taking any guest,” Butler Kim replied as professionally as possible.

“I’ll see about that,” Harabeoji Yoon replied as he gently pushed Butler Kim out of the way knowing that he wouldn’t stand too firm again him. Butler Kim never gets in trouble because he lets Harabeoji Yoon passes; Harabeoji So understands that sometimes Grandpa Yoon can be too persistent.

As soon as Butler Kim closed the door after Grandpa Yoon enter. The entire household could hear the old man scream out loud causing everyone to recoil in shock.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MY GA EUL?!!!!!”