Chapter Twenty Nine

Intertwined

 

“I see you have come,” Woo Bin’s father said coolly as he finally acknowledged Ji Hoo’s and So Min’s existence. “I’m sorry; I haven’t met you officially,” Uncle Song said politely as he kissed So Min’s hand, “I am Woo Bin’s father and practically an uncle to Ji Hoo. I am dearly sorry that I couldn’t attend your wedding.”

So Min smiled back politely and replied, “It is a pleasure to meet you to sir, and we haven’t had a wedding yet. Things have been too hectic for us.” It was obvious where Woo Bin’s good looks and charms came from. Woo Bin’s father was and still oozing with killer charismatic even when he is a killing predator. The man shared the same proud nose of Woo Bin’s and salt and pepper hair. His eyes show that he has experienced enough life to be called an expert on it, but yet, there is a spark of coldness in his eyes. Something that made So Min shivered.

“I will be sure to invite you Uncle when the day our wedding ceremony comes,” Ji Hoo replied as he stared at the older man straight in the eye. He knew that Woo Bin’s father isn’t actually that heartless and unreasonable, but when he is, hell has just released a demon that not even the Lord could bring back.

“And I’ll be sure to be there,” Uncle Song winked back.

Woo Bin and Jae Kyung were still kneeling, and it seems as if they were kneeling for quite a while. Although Woo Bin is used to it, Jae Kyung face was transformed into painful expressions. She tried to keep from fidgeting but failed because she wants, or at least, attempted to wake her legs up.

“So…” So Min started off awkwardly as she attempted to save her friend from kneeling any longer.

“I called you two up because I want to know exactly what is going on between these two hooligans,” Mr. Song got straight to the point as he allowed Ji Hoo and So Min to sit down but did not relieve Woo Bin and Jae Kyung from their kneeling stance.

So Min and Ji Hoo glanced at Woo Bin and Jae Kyung; Woo Bin shook his head softly while Jae Kyung was too preoccupied with her sleeping legs. “No,” Woo Bin mouthed hoping that his friends would follow his wishes.

Before So Min could even form an idea, Ji Hoo had already answered for them, “They’re getting married,” Ji Hoo said flatly.

“WHAT?!” So Min, Jae Kyung, Woo Bin, and Woo Bin’s father all exclaimed very loudly in a stupefied state.

“They’re getting married,” Ji Hoo repeated but more firmly this time.

Jae Kyung doubled over from kneeling too long while Woo Bin stood up and grabbed Ji Hoo. “What are you talking about?” he hissed. His father will not be too happy even if Ji Hoo were to be joking.

“I will not repeat what I just said,” Ji Hoo replied as he helped steady Woo Bin as So Min helped Jae Kyung on to a chair.

“So… they are to be married?” Uncle Song asked and laughed loudly.

“Yes,” Ji Hoo replied without fear. “They are getting married. Before you object Uncle, I must explain why they must marry.” Everyone waited expectantly for Ji Hoo’s explanation. “Actually, they are already married,” Ji Hoo answered in a wondering voice.

“What the hell are you talking about?!” Woo Bin asked in fury. He does not want to involve his friend with his dad.

“I am talking about your marriage registration last night,” Ji Hoo replied calmly.

“Marriage registration?” Jae Kyung asked in confusion.

“Yes, someone has caught you two signing up for marriage in your drunken state.”

“You’re lying,” Woo Bin said firmly.

“Alright then, what do you remember?” his father tuned and asked.

Woo Bin was silent as he forced his mind to recall last night’s events.

Woo Bin’s father then turned to Jae Kyung since he obviously couldn’t get an answer from his son, “You, girly, what do you remember?”

Jae Kyung was also silent. Her brain racked and racked for some memories of last night, but all she can recall was the fuzziness of alcohol and disco lights at the club.

“Bumbling fools,” Woo Bin’s father cursed under his breath. “Do you have any proof?” he then turned and asked Ji Hoo. Uncle Song knew very well that within F4, Ji Hoo was the sensible one, and the one parents loved the most because he doesn’t stir any trouble like his friends; therefore, Uncle Song is so much more incline to believe him over anyone else in F4.

“Why don’t you ask him?” Ji Hoo asked as his thumb pointed over his shoulder to one of Woo Bin’s bodyguards.

Uncle Song raised a brow and motioned him to come here. As soon as the man got to them, he asked, “What happened last night?”

The man stood uncomfortable as he glanced to Woo Bin then back at his boss’ father.

“Speak,” Uncle Song commanded.

“Well…”

“Out with it now!”

“The boss went to the club with Ji Hoo last night and then around 11:30 the boss came out with Ms. Jae Kyung and commanded that we drive them back his suite,” the bodyguard answered.

“Then how are they in Jae Kyung’s suite?” So Min asked in confusion.

“Well… after two hours inside the boss’ suite, they came out and demanded us to drive them to…”

“To?” Uncle Song asked as he heard his son softly cursed and the little heiress winced and covered her face. Obviously they had some remembrance now, but it was all too late. Woo Bin’s father wanted an honest answer from the witness himself.

“City hall.”

“City hall, for what?”

“To… get… married.”

A deadly silence came over the room. “Then?” Woo Bin’s father prompted.

“They got married.”

Woo Bin’s father threw the nearest lamp against the wall. “DON’T THEY NEED A DAMN WITNESS TO GET MARRIED?! WHO THE HELL WOULD BE THEIR WITNESS?!”

The poor bodyguard stood rigidly as his boss’ boss throws a tantrum. He thought his life will end tonight.

“HUH?! TELL ME! WHO WAS THEIR WITNESS?!”

“I… I was… and the other bodyguards,” he said timidly. “Surely he can’t kill off his son’s best guard right?” he thought in his mind.

Uncle Song took a very long and deep breath before continuing his interrogation, “What in your right mind made you agree to be these dimwits’ witness?” he said in an eerily calm voice.

“He held us at gun point,” the bodyguard confessed.

And the room goes silent once more. “Leave,” Uncle Song barely made it into a whisper.

The bodyguard quickly shuffled out of the room and went back to his position. “Ji Hoo and wife, why don’t you guys… go do something or maybe just go back to Korea. Preferably go back to Korea,” Woo Bin’s father said. It was more of a command than a suggestion. “God only knows how many know about their marriage,” he muttered to himself.

“I guess we’ll go back and do some damage control,” So Min whispered to Jae Kyung who was now on the verge of tears and practically squeezing the life out of So Min’s hands. “It’ll be okay. Woo Bin is a good man,” So Min continues to whisper softly hoping to sooth Jae Kyung’s worries while gently pries Jae Kyung’s hands away.

Jae Kyung couldn’t hear anything So Min had said.“Oh God, oh God, my family is going to kill me! What about the board of directors? What if they remove me from CEO? What if my marriage with Woo Bin will fail? What the hell did I do? Oh God!” Jae Kyung’s head scolded her for being so reckless. She didn’t know when, but she finally realized that Ji Hoo and So Min are no longer in the room. She could feel Woo Bin’s father’s stare penetrate the depths of her soul as if she’s a grave sinner being interrogated. It was all too sudden, but the next thing Jae Kyung knew was that Woo Bin’s father had her in handcuffed and Woo Bin immediately jumped to her rescue, or at least attempted to.

“You stay here,” Uncle Song said to Woo Bin as one of his own men held Woo Bin back. “You’re coming with me,” he said to Jae Kyung.

Jae Kyung’s lips trembled as she spoke out the words, “What are you going to do with me?”

“You didn’t think I will let a mere woman put my son’s life in danger did you?”

“Father!”

“She will be the death of you. She isn’t a candidate for our family.”

“I will be the judge of that!” Jae Kyung got her spunk back and jerked away from his father. “You don’t know me sir.”

Woo Bin’s father looked at her with new interest. “I know you very well, Heiress of JK Group and playing the role of CEO right now.”

“If you know then why do you want to kill me off?! People will notice when they find me dead! And what’s so wrong about me being with Woo Bin-shi?! I can kick his any day I want to so I’m not as weak as you think!” Jae Kyung yelled defiantly.

Woo Bin’s father took a careful look at the young woman in front of him. The young woman, who over night became his daughter in law, is standing right in front of him yelling at him, a mobster. “I never said I was going to kill you off!” Uncle Song yelled back at Jae Kyung obviously annoyed at the young heiress’ sudden outburst. “Where did you ever find such a loud mouthed girlfriend?” he asked his son in amazement because he obviously miss judged his son’s taste in women.

Woo Bin grinned and shook his head. “You can call her Monkey if you want to,” he added in a relief tone knowing that his dad wasn’t going to hurt Jae Kyung, and Woo Bin thinks his dad likes Jae Kyung’s spunk.

“YAH! I’m right here!” Jae Kyung started jumping up and down as her hand continues to be handcuffed. “I want to be let free!”

“Promise you won’t run?” Uncle Song asked back.

Jae Kyung was silent for a second and then answered, “Yes!”

“You’re lying,” Woo Bin’s father said flatly and started to drag her out as he yelled bye to his son.

“Woo Bin!!! Tell him I’m not!” Jae Kyung screamed as she was being dragged away by Woo Bin’s father.

“What do you think my father will do to her?” Woo Bin asked one of his father’s bodyguards after his father successfully dragged Jae Kyung out.

“I think he’s going to first duct tape shut,” the man replied in all seriousness and earned a laugh from Woo Bin.

So Min and Ji Hoo were on the earliest flight back to Korea. So Min fell asleep resting her head on Ji Hoo’s shoulder while he started to catch up on some hospital work. He was glad that the construction of the new ward is doing well without him for the past few days. Life was going to start to become normal again he hoped. Ji Hoo glanced over at So Min and grinned as he noticed a little drool dripping down . He stopped what he was doing and took a napkin to wipe her drool.

“I love you,” Ji Hoo murmured and kissed So Min’s sleeping face.

The flight attendants were all jealous of So Min because she had such a handsome and loving husband. The flight attendants were the only one in the first class section along with So Min and Ji Hoo because he had booked the entire section for himself and his wife. Ji Hoo sighed in contentment. Moments alone like this with So Min gives him this warm private happiness that he could call his own.

“Ah!” So Min stretched as she set foot into the Yoon household. “It’s good to be home!” she exclaimed as Ji Hoo dragged their luggage into their room. She then turned around and helped Ji Hoo unpack. “What do you think will happen between Jae Kyung and Woo Bin?”

Ji Hoo shrugged. “I don’t know but they are legally bound now, and the media is actually taking it very well.”

So Min nodded in agreement as she sees how the media adores the news that Woo Bin and Jae Kyung are married while the Prince Song’s friend, So Yi Jeong and fiancée Chu Ga Eul are facing some difficulties with Yi Jeong’s past lovers.

“I think we have a new mission,” So Min said as she pointed to a television showing Yi Jeong with shades on trying to shield his fiancée from the social media.

Ji Hoo frowned at the scene. Honestly, it was the So Couple that Ji Hoo wasn’t worried about anymore. Ga Eul made Yi Jeong’s mother change for the better, and the girl is very kind and sweet, and to top it off, she’s a kindergarten teacher. Who doesn’t like kindergarten teachers?! “I think this one will die down by itself. Ga Eul is a sweet lassie, the public will love her soon enough.”

“That makes me wonder; does the public love me?” So Min though out loud. Although the Yoon Couple have been photographed a bunch of times before, they have never really made a dent in the social media limelight except for their marriage announcement.

Ji Hoo smiled and hugged her, “Doesn’t really matter as long as I love you.”

So Min rolled her eyes, “Whatever, I think we should help Yi Jeong out.”

This time it was Ji Hoo’s turn to roll his eyes as he headed to the bathroom to change into some PJ’s, “I don’t think they need help. It will just take some time for the mass to adjust to the fact that Yi Jeong is off the bachelor market.”

So Min mimicked Ji Hoo in a chipmunk like voice as she followed him to do the same and replied normally, “And what if it doesn’t die down? I mean everyone has known the news they are engaged for forever now, and they still can’t accept Ga Eul while Woo Bin’s and Jae Kyung’s marriage was accepted in less than twenty-four hours.”

“I guess it was the Cinderella cliché with the So Couple that everyone hates; it’s like “out of all the women in Korea, why did Yi Jeong pick her and not me” concept.”

“Well that’s a dumb concept,” So Min replied and pouted and followed Ji Hoo into bed.

Ji Hoo grinned. “Yes, and Einstein once said ‘Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former’.”

So Min giggled. “Only our friend Albert would come up with that,” she said and then sighs. “I don’t want to go back to work; I have had so much fun being lazy!”

“I did too, but we have some serious work to do,” Ji Hoo replied back. He was always her voice of reason. Honestly, if it wasn’t for Ji Hoo nagging, So Min would have left her office unclean for days.

“I know; I just don’t want you to go back to work.”

“There is nothing between Hyun Ah and me.”

“I never said there was,” So Min replied and hugged Ji Hoo tighter before going to sleep. It wasn’t Ji Hoo who she doesn’t trust; it was Hyun Ah.