Chapter One

Intertwined

 

To Yoon Ji Hoo, it seemed like yesterday when Gu Jun Pyo received the infamous spin kick of Guem Jam Di. Then fast forward, there he was standing on the beach with the rest of F4 witnessing the great Jun Pyo kneel down and propose to Guem Jan Di. He was happy for his friend. Also, So Yi Jeong finally came back from Sweden and immediately went to find his little Chu Ga Eul. This leaves only two of the F4 members still on the market. Time sure flies by when you’re having fun. Those youthful days sleeping and reading was long gone after he became a doctor, and now the head doctor of St. John’s Hospital.

Of course, he had Guem Jan Di, who is now Gu Jan Di to help, but being the new Madam of Shinwha is just as important as being a doctor to her. After all, if she didn’t put that on the same position as a doctor, Jun Pyo’s mother would kill her in less than a second. He also still has his notorious psycho friend, Jun Pyo being overly jealous because he works with his wife still. He doesn’t really want to get involved too much in that couple because they are a set of psychopaths, and together it’s just plain scary.

So Yi Jeong is too wrapped around Chu Ga Eul’s little finger to do anything fun anymore except for spending time with her. Then again the poor potter has so much work to get back to after his trip to Sweden. He has to prepare for a new art exhibit where he will announce his marriage date with Ga Eul.  He even felt a little sorry for his little Casanova friend because Ga Eul refuse to do anything ‘fun’ until after marriage and that sure drove the Casanova over the edge for the past few months.

The only person who hasn’t changed much was Song Woo Bin. Of course, Prince Song has his fair share of work just as the rest of F4. However, Prince Song still had his share of play too. Yi Jeong may have retired from being Mr. Casanova of F4, but sure as hell Woo Bin continued to carry on the title of Don Juan of F4 proudly and unyieldingly. However, Prince Song suddenly has a soft spot for the heiress of JK Group, monkey Jae Kyung.

The heiress of JK Group is still the monkey from years ago if Ji Hoo remembered correctly. However, she did grow to be fine heiress. She will be able to take over her family’s company within six years with or without the accompaniment of a husband. That was another thing she was determined on. She was quiet happy that she called off the marriage between her and Gu Jun Pyo because now she has a new buddy to play with, Prince Song.

 Yoon Ji Hoo seems to be the only F4 members who haven’t been affected enormously by time.

Ji Hoo sighed and signed the last piece of paper work before retreating back into his office bed. He worked first and second shift here at the hospital; therefore, he found it best if he had a bed in the hospital. It was as if this man had no home to go to and as a result, he lives in his cold and blood/medicine like smell hospital. Of course, Yoon Ji Hoo was no different from the rest of F4, rich and spoiled. His office was more like a mini home. He had a bed room, a personal bathroom, a work space, a miniature kitchen, and a living room with a table for meetings. Now, that is what you call one hell of an office. His whole entire office is surrounded by little wall and the rest are windows looking out at the hospital corridors. If he didn’t have the blinds pulled then everyone who passes that hall way can see almost everything he is doing. He didn’t mind it much because usually he isn’t doing much anyways. He climbed onto his king size bed that is adorned with white sheets, warm comforter, and a black bed frame to sleep.

“I am absolutely beat,” he thought as soon as he laid his head comfortably on the soft pillow. It didn’t take long for his eyes to shut and sleep soundly. Working second shift at the hospital was like hell on earth if you weren’t quick minded and handed.

But then his ringtone started to ring loudly through the room, of course that didn’t wake the sleeping prince. In fact, he didn’t even stir. His phone stopped ringing because the caller was sent to voicemail. However, it started to ring again and again and again. It was like a nonstop song playing. Soon enough though, the Ji Hoo was awakened by the pounding on his door and the sudden and constant slamming of the door when people started piling into his office.

“YAH! GU JUN PYO! JI HOO SUNBAE IS SLEEPING!” How can he ever forget that loud and dignified voice of Guem Jan Di? Even though her voice was loud enough to wake him up, he still stayed unmoved and eyes still closed.

“Jan Di-ah, you of all people should know how tired I am, yet you still come barging in. Old habits die hard, huh?”

“SHUT UP! I’M NOT DEAF YOU KNOW?!” Jun Pyo’s voice boomed in the room.

“Being head of Shinwha sure made his voice loud… not that his voice wasn’t loud before,” Ji Hoo thought while still pretending to sleep.

“Well, if you both don’t stop screaming, all of us will soon be deaf,” Prince Song’s joking voice intervene the psychotic couple’s rampage.

“Thank God, I am not alone with two psychos,” Ji Hoo thanked the Lord.

“Jan Di-ah, Woo Bin is right,” Ga Eul’s sweet voice agreed with Woo Bin as she pulled Jan Di apart from a head fight with Jun Pyo.

“Even little Ga Eul is here today?” Ji Hoo wondered. “Then that means Ex-Casanova is around somewhere too.”

Then a hearty laugh came along right after Ga Eul’s remark. “Ga Eul, don’t bother with them. That’s the only way they can show each other that love one another,” JK Group heiress said.

“Monkey too?”

“Enough chit chat, let’s wake sleeping beauty up,” Yi Jeong finally said.

“I can just imagine that grin on his face when he said that,” Ji Hoo thought. “No need for that. I am awake, two loud and psychotic voices woke me up,” Ji Hoo finally said and sat up against his bed board staring sleepily at his friends. “What is that you want?” he asked in his calm voice. Everyone seems to be like Noah’s ark. Of course, the Gu couple was standing together and glaring at each other. Yi Jeong had his hand behind Ga Eul’s back while she stands comfortable next to him, and Jae Kyung and Woo Bin stood together with no contact, but there seem to be a small wanting to be like Yi Jeong and Ga Eul.

“Sunbae!” Jan Di started out first.

“Shut up, I’ll tell him. I am his best friend!” Jun Pyo argued out of jealousy and covered by his hand.

She bit it. “You just want him to take your side!”

“YAH! That hurt!”

Everyone in the room rolled their eyes. “Ga Eul, would you be so kind and tell me since you’re the only normal one here,” Ji Hoo said nicely and receiving glares at everyone else, especially from Yi Jeong but for a different reason. Ji Hoo didn’t even try to hide the amusement he had teasing Yi Jeong.

“You’re the one to talk,” everyone except Ga Eul muttered under their breaths.

“Sunbae,” Ga Eul started out, “Unni,” referring to Jae Kyung, “Jan Di, and I are planning to go to Ulsan for the break.”

“That’s a great idea. Have fun on your trip,” Ji Hoo said and smiled.

“See! Ji Hoo-shi is the best out of all!” Jae Kyung said happily as she pumped her fist in the air.

Ji Hoo could feel Prince Song’s sudden change in mood and Ji Hoo immediately gave him an inquiry look. Prince Song felt uncomfortable with Ji Hoo’s stare and shifted between his two feet.

“Ji Hoo! Why are you siding with them?!” the loud Jun Pyo asked angrily.

Ji Hoo just gave him a confused expression.

“They wanted to go to Ulsan, but we would rather go to New Caledonia for vacation, so since the votes were even, you would be the deciding vote,” Yi Jeong kindly filled him in. This only proves how everyone has been paired up and it only leaves Ji Hoo as the odd one out. He didn’t seem to mind that fact. Since Ji Hoo has always been the quiet one in the group, he sees things that others don’t. For example, he saw that the Casanova had a little thing for the country bumpkin, and he can also see that Prince Song and Jae Kyung gets along a little too well for just friends. They all seem to be in their own world; therefore, they can never see what Ji Hoo sees. He was like the observer in the group; he doesn’t have any problem like them. After Min Seo Hyun got married and his love for Jan Di ended, he seems to have gone back to the way he was before, sleeping and reading.

“You boys can go alone!” Jae Kyung exclaimed exhaustedly.

“You were never invited in the first place, sunbaes,” Ga Eul added softly meaning no harm.

“THANK YOU! Finally, someone realizes that! We planned it to be just us three girls!” Jan Di cried out.

“Yah! GU Jan Di!” Jun Pyo said emphasizing ‘Gu’ in her name. “This will be our first vacation together as a married couple!”

Jan Di made a face and rebutted, “No, it’s not! Our honeymoon was! We can always go on vacation together anytime we want. I just want to go with my friends to Ulsan!”

“Come on Madam Gu!” Prince Song said.

“Don’t call me that! It makes me think of his scary dragon mother,” Jan Di said.

“Yah!”

“What?!”

Ga Eul chuckled along with her soul mate at the two couple. “Sunbae,” she said sweetly turning around to face Yi Jeong, “we just wanted to go to Ulsan and hang out with just us girls. You understand that don’t you?” she asked using her pleading voice and puppy dog eyes.

Yi Jeong looked distressed as he looked at the cute girl in front of him. She was obviously making him waver.

“Casanova, if you waver, you’re not my friend anymore,” Don Juan threatened.

“You are so whipped!” Jun Pyo teased.

Ga Eul frowned.

“And you’re not?” Yi Jeong asked back saving his pride.

“Every man here is whipped aside from me!” Prince Song said confidently.

“What about Ji Hoo sunbae?!” Ga Eul reminded him carefully.

“Oh Ga Eul-ah, Ji Hoo only loves-” Jae Kyung cut herself off before she can continue. “Nothing!”

Ji Hoo stayed calm as he usually does. The silence was eerie and unwanted.

“You sure know how to make a room fall silent,” Don Juan whispered into the Monkey’s ear.

“Shut up!” she whispered back. “I didn’t mean to bring that up!”

“I think that you all should decide this on your own. I am not going anyways,” Ji Hoo said to break the awkwardness and save Jae Kyung from being glared to death.

“What?! Why?!” Jan Di asked frantically causing her husband to fume in jealousy of his best friend.

Ji Hoo shrugged. “The hospital is quite busy,” he answered.

“Ji Hoo!” Woo Bin whined.

“Araso! It is settled! We, ladies, will be going to Ulsan for five days, and you men can find something else to kill your time with,” Jae Kyung announced happily. “No objections?” she asked and then paused for like a second and then continued, “Good! Then that is our plan!”

Of course, the three ladies hugged happily and squealed while Prince Song, Yi Jeong, and Jun Pyo sulked unhappily. Ji Hoo could only smile at his friends. “They are really great friends,” he thought and grinned even wider.