Working Partners

The Unreachable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

GD's POV

TOP Hyeong's eyes never left HaeRin during the whole meeting.  I could see that the corner of his mouth slightly curved upward all along.  He was happy to see her but he tried so hard to hide it in front of everyone.

TaeYang and SeungRi suggested to have dinner together.  Suzie was excited to go with us but HaeRin was not that enthusiastic about it.  

"Girl, come with us.  Don't you think as the representative of your Company, you should at least treat your endorsers a dinner?"  I took her hand and said.  She looked at me and hesitated.

SeungRi clung to HaeRin's arm and put his head on her shoulder, "Nuna, let's have dinner together.  I missed you so much!  We haven't seen each other for 3 weeks now.  You haven't once texted me.  How could you just text JiYong Hyeong only?  Do you know how upset we all are?"

HaeRin laughed softly at SeungRi's action.  She leaned her head to his and said, "Alright, I'll go!"

SeungRi jumped up and down and shouted, "Yeah!  Nuna is coming with us.  TOP Hyeong, Nuna is coming!"

I looked up at Hyeong.  He consciously looked away but I could still see the smile on his face.  He then left the conference room with TaeYang.

I grabbed HaeRin's hand and said, "Let's go!"  She pulled her hand away and smiled, "I'll go grab my bag.  I'll meet you guys at the reception."   

HaeRin never pulled away from me before, not even the first time we met in New York.

*  *  *

HaeRin's POV

Actually, I was super tired and wanted to go straight home.  It was like I was being beated up and my whole body ached.  Guess I used up all my energy at the meeting already.  Suzie followed me to my office and closed the door behind her.

"HaeRin, can I ask you a question?"  

I raised my eyebrows and looked at her.  She moved closer to me and asked, "There's something between you and TOP, right?"

How on earth did she know?

"What are you talking about?"  I tried to avoid her question.

"Hey, I'm not blind, OK?  He stared at you during the whole meeting.  He squeezed your hand and didn't want to let go.  I saw that too.  And you, you avoided eye contact with him all along.  There must be something between you two.  Tell me!"

I grabbed my bag and walked out of the office, "Are you coming?"

"Of course!"  She chased after me and kept whispering all these questions to me.  I pretended I didn't hear any of them and walked to the reception.

*  *  *

We went to a korean BBQ restaurant.  As usual, the eight of us sat at a long table.  Suzie sat down on my left.  SeungRi bumped TaeYang away and sat on my right.  And TOP, he had to sit right in front of me.  He made me not able to concentrate at the meeting by staring at me the whole time and now he was determined to ruin my dinner as well.  So great!

Most of us enjoyed the food very much.  But I totally did not have much of an appetite, for TOP gazed at my every move.  I didn't even dare to look up for I was scared to catch his eye.  I had my head down to my chest all the time and played with my food.

Suzie spotted that and elbowed me in the ribs, "Why are you playing with your food?  I thought you love BBQ."

I gave her a sharp glare and whispered back, "Eat!"  She raised her eyebrows and glanced at TOP out of the corner of her eye.  I elbowed her back and made her stop.  She giggled and GD looked up at us instantly.

"Nuna?"  SeungRi patted on my shoulder.  I turned my head to him and found a pair of chopsticks with a piece of meat right in front of me.

"Arh..."  SeungRi said.

I took the meat into my mouth and smiled at him.  SeungRi did have the ability to make people smile and feel relax around him.

*  *  *

TOP's POV

HaeRin finally smiled.  Once again, she melted me with her smile.  Our eyes met at one point.  I smiled to her and she blushed instantly.  

HaeRin looked away and whispered to Suzie, "I'm going to the ladies' room."  Suzie nodded her head to her.

I waited for a minute before I stood up to go after her. Lucky that the ladies' room was at the opposite end of where our table was.  I could at least buy some time to talk to HaeRin alone.  

However, JiYong was faster than me and stood up before I did.  We exchanged a look and he walked towards the bathrooms.  I let out a sigh and stayed where I was.

*  *  *

GD's POV

I knew TOP Hyeong would go after HaeRin.  I didn't want whatever happened at our dorm to happen again.  So, I got up before he did to stop him from going after HaeRin.  I waited HaeRin outside the ladies' room.  She was a little bit surprised to see me there.  Maybe she was a little bit disappointed that I wasn't TOP Hyeong.

"Hey, Girl!"  I reached out my hand to brush her cheek but she looked a little uneasy and wanted to pull away.

She smiled to me and said, "What are you doing here?"

"Waiting for you!"  

She smiled and said, "You are not going back?"  I pulled her close to me and she was a little startled and gazed at me.  I brushed her nose with mine and smirked.  She blushed instantly and pushed me way, "JiYong Ssi, what are you doing?"

I put my hand on her head and smiled, "Girl, it's Oppa!  I'll punish you if you say that wrong again."  She giggled and hit me on the arm.  We laughed together.  It felt great to see her laughed like this.

I grabbed her hand and said, "Let's go!"  

We turned around and found TOP Hyeong stood not far away and stared at us.  HaeRin snatched her hand away immediately when she saw him.  I glanced at HaeRin and found her cheeks were all red.  I patted HaeRin on the arm and signaled her to go back.  She walked behind me with her head down.  I glanced at TOP Hyeong when I walked pass him.  He had his eyes fixed on HaeRin.

Hyeong grabbed HaeRin's hand before she walked pass him and whispered something to her.  I took a deep breath and walked back to our table on my own.

*  *  *

HaeRin's POV

I was totally exhausted today.  Never thought that a meeting and dinner would used up all my energy.

I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter