Reminder

The Unreachable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

GD's POV

I had been calling HaeRin since yesterday but she had not picked up once.  I sent her thousands of texts and left her thousands of voice messages; but she never once replied any of them.  I started to worry.  I called TOP Hyeong once and he didn't pick up either.  I knew I shouldn't go to HaeRin's place to find her under the situation since there must be a lot of paparazzi there.  But I was really worried about her, so I decided to disguise myself and go there by my assistant's car.

As expected, there were a few paparazzi near the entrance of HaeRin's apartment building.  I went around to the back entrance of the building.  Just when I got off the car, I saw HaeRin coming out from the back entrance in her navy velvet exercise clothes.  She put on the hood and lowered her head as she walked out.

"Girl!" I said.

HaeRin looked up and was shocked to see me, "Ji...  What are you doing here?"

I stepped up to her and said, "I called and texted you a thousand times and you didn't reply me once.  I'm worried, so I came."

She lowered her head and said, "I'm sorry.  I..."

"Where are you going?"  I asked.

"I want to go for a run.  To clear my head."  She said softly.  Now that I had a closer look at her, her eyes were all red and swollen.  Her face too.  Although her eyes and face were swollen and she didn't have any makeup, she still looked pretty as always.  But the sorrow in her eyes took away her glow.  It hurt me to see her this way.

I reached out to take her hand and asked, "Girl, how are you?  Don't pretend you are alright if you don't.  You don't have to pretend anything in front of me."

I could see the tears wobbled in her eyes, but she fought hard to hold them in.  She then forced a smile and said, "I won't lie and tell you I'm OK coz I'm not.  As you can see, my eyes are all swollen since I cried all day yesterday."

"Girl..."

She shook her head and smiled, "But I will get over it.  I know I will.  I just need time."

"Girl, what are you saying?"  I had a bad feeling about this.

She shrugged with a smile and said, "I'm going for a run.  Are you coming with me?"

She ran off without letting me to speak another word.  I watched her from behind and somehow had a feeling that she had made up her mind with something.  Something Hyeong might not be happy with...

*  *  *

TOP's POV

I went to HaeRin's house after I left my parents' place; but she was not at home.  I called her immediately.

Turn it up loud~  la la la la...  Turn it up loud~  la la la la...

Her phone was on the dining table.  She didn't bring her phone with her.  I sat down on the couch and waited for her to come back.

*  *  *

HaeRin's POV

I circled the playground and ran for at least half an hour.  I thought I would be able to clear my head with some fresh air; but it somehow didn't turn out that way.  I bent my back forward and put my hands on my knees as I panted.  I sat down on the ground and wiped away the sweat on my forehead.  Someone handed over a bottle of water to me.  I looked up, "Ji..."  I looked around us.

GD removed the cap of the bottle for me and handed me the bottle, "Drink up."

I took the bottle and gulped down half of it, "I thought you left."

He smiled, "I left.  But I'm worried, so I turned around."

I gave him back the bottle and said, "You don't have to worry about me.  I am fine."

He put his hand on my shoulder and asked, "Have you talked to Hyeong?"

I looked away and said, "Can we not talk about that?"

"HaeRin!"

"If you were me, what would you do?"  I asked.

He gazed me in the eyes and said, "I'll at least give him a chance to explain himself.  Listen to what he has to say.  Give both of us a chance before coming to a conclusion."

I gazed at him back and thought of what he just said for a while, "He said he didn't sleep with her.  She is just an old friend."

"That's my hyeong.  I'll be surprised if he said the opposite."  He said with a smile, "Sis, tell me what are you thinking?  You don't believe him?"

I looked away and stared at my own feet, "I don't know what to think and what to believe."

"I know him for years.  He may look cool and sometimes even a little distant on stage.  But deep down, he has a warm personality and cares about everyone around him in his own way.  The only problem he has is that he is too gentle and cares too much, that he somehow doesn't know how to turn down others..."

"You are saying he went to see her because he didn't know how to turn her down?"

"I'm saying..."

I shook my head and said, "No matter what reason he has, he lied to me.  Twice.  The first time was the day he was supposed to have dinner with me.  I waited at the restaurant for hours alone.  He lied to me that he was at the studio and had to finish the song overnight.  But instead, he was with her all night.  The second time was the day he got caught by paparazzi.  I was at his parents' house for the very first time.  I waited and waited for him.  His father was angry that he was late and I defended him since I thought he was at the studio again.  But it turned out he went to see her again.  You said he sometimes cares too much?  Yes, he cares way too much about anyone but me."

"HaeRin!"

I looked up at him and chuckled, "It's funny.  It hurts me more this way than if he'd actually slept with her.  Coz if he'd slept with her, I could somehow try to force myself to think it as ual needs.  He somehow needs a way to release.  Just like that.  But now, it feels like he truly worries about her.  He worries too much that he could even lie to me and ignore my feelings."

GD grabbed my hand and looked me in the eyes, "HaeRin, don't!  Don't think this way.  Hyeong is a true gentleman.  It's probably because he couldn't ignore her when she was drunk and alone at the pub.  I'm sure he lied because he didn't want you to misinterpret his action.  He probably punishes himself mentally everyday.  I know him for years.  I never saw him so in love before.  You've changed him somehow.  He's more out-spoken now than ever.  HaeRin, trust me.  He will never cheat on you.  He is not that kind of man."

I didn't respond; instead, I just shook my head.

"HaeRin, I know about your past relationship.  I know you were hurt badly then.  But don't mix that up with what's happening now, OK?"

I stood up and stretched my arms, "I have decided."

"What?"  He looked at me with eyes wide-opened.

I turned around to look at him and smiled, "I decided to put it all aside.  After all, it's Christmas Eve."

"Girl, you are scaring me!"

I smiled to him and wagged my finger at him, "Don't worry.  I am fine.  I have no more tears to shed.  I'm going home.  I'll see you, when I se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter