Announcement

The Unreachable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HaeRin's POV

I woke up in the arms of the man I loved so much.  He put one hand on my belly and wrapped the other arm around me.    I carefully rolled over to face him.  He slept with a smile on his face.  I wondered if he had a good dream.  I brushed his nose gently and just when I was about to kiss him on the lips, I heard the doorbell.  Who would come at this hour?  I quietly slipped off the bed, making sure not to wake him up since he would be leaving for Osaka in 2 hours.  I wanted him to get as much rest as he could.

I put on my robe and ran out of the room.  Just when I was about to run down the stairs, I suddenly remembered I was pregnant now and I shouldn't be running down the stairs like this.  I put my hand on the wall to support myself and walked down the stairs step by step, hoping whoever at the door would wait for me patiently.

"Mom?  Dad?"  It was my parents at the door.

"Surprise!"  My father opened his arms and said with a big smile.

"Morning, Dad!  Morning, Mom!"  TOP said from behind.  I turned around and looked at him with my mouth opened.

He brushed my nose and said with a smile, "Surprise?"

"This is the surprise you were talking about last night?"  I asked.  He nodded and kissed me on the forehead.

"Children, can you let us in first?"  My mother said.

TOP let go of me and stepped up to my mother, "Yes, of course.  Come on in!  I'll take that for you.  Did my manager find you guys alright?"

"Yes, our flight was a little delayed.  The poor guy waited for almost an hour."  My father said.

Charlie ran up to him and wagged his tail in super speed.  My father crouched down and patted him, "Oh, this is Charlie?"

"He likes you."  TOP said.   My father looked up and winked, "Of course.  Who wouldn't?"   He laughed at his own words.

My mother grabbed me by the waist and said, "How are you?  How is your morning sickness?  You still look very skinny."

I couldn't hold my tears anymore.  I wrapped my arms around my mother and cried, "Mom!"   She patted me on the back gently and said, "You are a mother now.  Stop acting like a child."

"Mom, I'm sorry!"  I squeezed her tight and said.   She pulled me away a little and looked me in the eyes, "Enough of the apologies and tears.  You need to be happy when you are pregnant.  Aren't you happy to see us?

I pouted, "Of course, I am happy."

"We are on a mission here.  We are here to keep you company while SeungHyun is away on BigBang's world tour."  My father said with Charlie in his arms.

I looked up at TOP and he raised his eyebrows at me with a smile.  I moved my lips, "Thank you."  He smiled.

"Mom and Dad, let me take you to your room first.  Let's get you guys settle down."  TOP grabbed my mother's luggage and pushed it towards the stairs, "Your room is on the second floor.  This way."

My mother glanced around the house and whispered to me, "I never thought his house would be this BIG."

I chuckled and whispered back, "Me neither.  It's just TOOO big."   My mother and I looked at each other and laughed softly.

My father craned his head forward to us, "No wonder you need two maids."

My mother and I giggled.

"What's so funny?  I want to know too."  TOP turned around and asked.

"We are saying this house is way too big."  I said.

TOP put up a proud smile and said, "No, no , no.  It's not too big for a family.  I have already contacted an interior design company to build a nursery for our baby.  I'm thinking of building a playroom for him as well.  I'm putting up a swing and a slide on the patio too.  So, this villa is actually not big enough for my son."

"Son?  It's a boy?"  My mother asked anxiously.

Before I could speak, TOP answered it for me, "No, we don't know yet.  But I have a gut feeling it's a boy."  He threw his tongue out and laughed at himself.

My mother looked at him and smiled graciously, "I'm really happy for you guys and I can't wait to see my grandchild.  Promise me that you two will love each other always!  Never let us worry about you guys again.  OK?"  She turned to me and brushed my cheek.

I nodded my head as a tear fell down my cheek.  TOP stepped close to us and wrapped his arms around both my mother and I, "I promise I'll take good care of HaeRin and our baby.  I will never let you guys down again.  I really learned my lessons."

My mother laughed softly and wrapped her arm around him.  I leaned my head on his shoulder and smiled too.

"Hey, how can you guys leave me out?"  My father stepped forward and wrapped his arms around all of us.  The four of us hugged tightly as we laughed together.

*  *  *

TOP had left for Osaka.  I CRIED, not just shed tears, when he left.  I didn't know what was with me; but I cried on his shoulder and just wouldn't let him go.  My mother tried to pull me away from him but I clung to him even tighter.  TOP hugged me tight and didn't know what to do at all since I cried like crazy.  I knew I shouldn't make him worried about me but I just couldn't help it myself.  He battled with me at least 15 minutes before I finally loosened my grasp.  He kissed me deeply before he walked out of the door, which made me cried all over again.  My parents looked at me with puzzled eyes and couldn't figure me out.  I didn't know what happened to me either; but I just didn't want him to go.  My mood swing was not only killing TOP.  It was killing me too.

In the past two days, TOP texted me every other hour to make sure I was alright.  He didn't like to take selfies but he sent me pictures of him once in a while just to make me feel better.  I appreciated what he did; but I missed him even more when I saw his pictures.

Today was the last show in Osaka and he would come home tomorrow.  I just couldn't wait to see him.

"Girl, he is only gone for a few days.  What so sad about it?  You left him here for two months, remember?"  Suzie said.  My parents giggled softly while I threw her a sharp glare.

"Wait until you are pregnant with DaeSung's baby.  You'll know exactly how I feel.  And don't let me catch you crying your eyes out then!"  I stuffed the hamburger steak in my mouth.

Suzie blushed and said, "Dae and I are not there yet..."

"So, where are you two now?"  My father asked.   My mother and I burst out laughing.

"Uncle Jun..."  Suzie blushed hard.   I never saw her like this before.  I was really happy for her since it seemed she really had found someone who cherished her and treated her like princess.

Suzie's phone suddenly rang.  My father teased again, "DaeSung calling on stage?"

"UNCLE JUN!"  Suzie said.

My father shrugged with a smile while my mother hit him on the arm.  I couldn't help but laugh out loud.

It turned out it was a facetime call.  Suzie raised her phone up at eye level and said, "ByeongYeong Ssi, what's up?"

TOP's manager?  I looked up instantly.

"Suzie, can you put HaeRin Ssi through."  He said.

"Me?"  Suzie passed me the phone.   I took it and spoke to it, "ByeongYeong Ssi, what is it?  Is SeungHyun alright?  Why are you calling me now?"

"HaeRin Ssi, just hold on to the phone and wait."  He said.

"What?"

He moved the camera away from himself and focused it to the stage.  BigBang was on stage singing Fantastic Baby.

"HaeRin Ssi?  Can you see and hear it clearly?"  ByeongYeong Ssi asked behind the phone.

I replied, "Yes."  I was totally lost and didn't know what he was doing.

"Great!  Just wait!"

Suzie came to my side and stood behind me.  My parents moved their heads close to look at the screen of the phone as well.

"TOP wants you to see their performance?"  Suzie asked.

"I have no idea."  I mumbled.  My heart started to beat faster and faster.  I had a fuzzy feeling about this.

The song was over.  The boys gathered at the center of stage.  It was talk time.

GD shouted, "Are you guys having fun?"

Fans shouted back, "YES!"

SeungRi, "We are having a great time and we hope you are having fun too!"

DaeSung, "We love you all!"

"It's Dae."  Suzie said.  My father laughed softly.

TaeYang, "Osaka is the third stop of BigBang's World Tour.  And today is our last show here.  We thank YOU all for coming and giving us all your support.  I love you all!"

TOP, "Thank you for coming tonight!  Without you, there will not be BigBang.  We love you all.  I love you all."

GD, "Tonight's concert is coming to the end.  We will come back soon and we'll miss you all.  Before we go to our last song, TOP Hyeong has something to say.  Hyeong!"  GD gave TOP a nod.

I gasped at GD's words, "What's going on?"    I knew the SURPRISE TOP mentioned was not just my parents.

Suzie stepped forward and held the phone for me, "Just listen first!"

"My dear fans from Korea, Japan and all over the world, I would like to take this opportunity to thank YOU all for giving me your unconditional love and support all these years.  You are there with me through my ups and downs.  Without your love and support, I won't be standing here today.  We have become a family after all these years.  Today, I would like to share with my family the most happiest thing in my life."

I gasped, "OH MY GOD!  He is not..."

"I choose to announce this here since I want to tell you all how happy and blessed I am.  I want fans from all over the world to share with me this happiness and give me your warmest blessings and love."

He took a deep breath and said with a smile, "I, Choi Seung Hyun, T.O.P, am ENGAGED."

"OMG!"  Suzie said.

The dome went dead silent.

I was stunned and tears fell down my cheek instantly.  I grabbed my mother's hand and squeezed it tight.  She patted me on the shoulder and I could hear her sniffled as well.

"I proposed to my girlfriend a couple weeks ago in London and she said yes.  WE ARE GETTING MARRIED.  I know some of you may be a little surprised by this.  But no matter what, I believe you will be happy for me.  For us.  I sincerely hope you'll understand and give me and my fiancé your best wishes.  I love her VERY much and I sincerely hope you'll love her the way you love me too.  THANK YOU!"

He bent his back forward in 90 degrees.  The crowd didn't react at once.  They were silent for a short while and I heard them screamed.  They screamed so loud that I couldn't hear what exactly they were saying.  My head were spinning again.  I couldn't believe my eyes and ears.  After the personal statement five months ago, he announced our engagement at BigBang's concert.  My breathe became more rapid.

"HaeRin, are you alright?"  My mother asked.

I stared at the phone and asked, "Mom, am I dreaming?"   She chuckled, "I guess not."

Suzie sobbed and sai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter