1104

The Unreachable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HaeRin's POV

It was my 27 year old birthday today.  As usual, I took leave on my birthday.  I adopted this habit from Suzie since she said people should not stress themselves with work on their birthday, so she applied leave for me every year.  She said even if I had nothing to do, I should still at least stay home and rest rather than bury myself in paperwork at the office.  I figured she was right and I at least should relax myself on my birthday.

TOP didn't call me last night; maybe he was busy with BigBang's album and other stuff.  I didn't call him either since I didn't want to be too sticky.  I woke up around noon and laid myself on the couch lazily since I finished my macaroni & cheese for lunch.  I set the drinks and snacks on the coffee table and buried myself in the novel while listening to BigBang's songs.

My parents, Suzie, James and other colleagues called or texted me to wish me happy birthday.  The boys too.  It was already 4p.m., but no sign of TOP whatsoever.  So, I texted him instead.

HR: [Happy Birthday!  Love, HR.]  I waited and waited.  No reply from him at all.

My doorbell rang and I thought it was him.  I quickly ran to get the door.

"Suzie?  What are you doing here?"  I wouldn't deny that I was disappointed to see Suzie at the door.

Suzie stared me in the eyes and said, "You look disappointed to see me, Lee HaeRin."

I threw out my tongue and pulled her in with a big smile, "Welcome, Miss Suzie.  Come on in."

She wrapped her arms around me and said, "Happy Birthday!  Beautiful as always!"

I hugged her back and said with a smile, "Thank you, Suzie!  You are the best!"

"Of course, I am."  She squeezed me tight and said, "Girl, get dressed.  We have lots of work to do."

I pulled away from her and asked, "What work?  I'm on leave today, remember?"

She smirked and said, "I'm not talking about THAT work.  I'm talking about the WORK on you.  We are going to the salon today.  I'm going to take you out tonight and we'll party til dawn."

I looked at her with my jaw dropped.  She turned me around and pushed me forward to my room, "Forget about your stupid boyfriend.  I mean, if he is here now, I will immediately make myself invisible and leave you guys to have fun.  But since he's nowhere in sight, so just forget about him.  Let him celebrate his birthday alone.  I'll be your date today."

"But..."

*  *  *

Suzie took me to GangNam again.  We had tea first since Suzie was hungry.  She then brought me to a fancy salon in ApGuJeong and said she would treat me a make-over for my birthday.  

Suzie pushed me down to the styling chair and said, "Sit."

I furrowed my brows and looked at her through the mirror.  The male stylist walked over to us and said, "Hello, girls.  My name is Juno.  How can I help you beautiful ladies today?"

Suzie put her hand on Juno's shoulder and said, "Make her SHINE!  I mean, today's her birthday and we are going to party tonight.  Dolly, y, chicly.  Anything.  Just make sure she kills every man out there."

"Suzie."  I looked at her with opened eyes.  Juno looked at me in the mirror and played with my hair a bit, "No problemo!  With this pretty face, I can make her a goddess in no time."

Within 10 minutes, two girls gathered around me and started to do their job.  One took my left while the other took my right.  They examined my fingers and one said, "Oh, your fingers are pretty.  Why don't you do your nails?  How do you want to do it today?  Do you want bling bling or nail art?  Or you want something wild?"

"No, no, no.  I don't want any of those.  I prefer them simple and plain."  I turned to find Suzie but she was busy chatting with the other stylist.

"Girl, it's your birthday.  You should do something different.  Do you have a boyfriend?  What does he like?"  The other one asked.

I glanced at both of them and didn't know how to reply.  One suddenly grabbed my hand tight and said excitedly, "Wait!  OMG!  You are THE girl?"

I tried to distract her from saying something else, "Just polish them will do.   maybe?"

"YOU ARE THE GIRL!  You are!"  She said again.  The other girl studied my face and said, "Oh, she is."

"Girls, do your work!"  Juno popped up from nowhere and said to the girls in a straight tone.  He smiled to me and said, "Sorry about that.  They will keep their mouth shut from now on."  He then threw them a sharp glare and pointed his finger to them both to gesture them to zip their mouth.

So, everyone here recognized me.

The girl clenched her lips and made some silly sound to me.  I laughed softly and said, "You don't have to really zip your mouth."

"Oh, haha...   Are you sure you want ?"

I nodded my head with a smile.  "No, she's not.  Give her red."

"I don't want red.  Pink."

Suzie laughed out loud and said, "Girl, pink is for teenagers.   Red."  I let out a sigh and shook my head, "Where are we going anyway?  Why do I have to do all these before we go?"

Suzie put her hands on my shoulder and said, "Girl, trust me.  You are in good hands."

I rolled my eyes and sighed, "No bloody red please.  I don't want to look like a vampire.  Eggplant purple?!"

"Alright.  Eggplant purple?  Eggplant purple is good.  Even better than red.  Good."  Suzie approved.

In the next few hours, I sat there like a doll and hands were all over me from head to toe.  Juno was doing my makeup.  The girls simply took off my UGG boots without a word and did my toe nails.  Eggplant purple too.  I tried to protest at first, but of course no one listened to me under Suzie's supervision.  So, I gave up and just let them do whatever they needed to do.

"Bravo!  Juno presents Beauty of the Night!"  Juno said with a proud smile, while holding a big mirror behind me.

I was stunned by my own reflection in the mirror.  Juno had turned me into a barbie doll.  Long eye-lashes, light golden brown eyeshadow, rose cherry blush, blue contact lens, glossy pink lipsticks and wavy curls hairstyle with a sassy feel.  I really looked like a doll...

"I look like a Barbie."  I glanced at Suzie and said.  She put her hand on Juno's shoulder and said with a smirk, "Juno, well done!  Well done!"  Juno tilted his head up a little and raised his eyebrow with another proud smile.

I stared at my reflection in the mirror and couldn't help but let out a heavy sigh.  I was totally speechless with my make-over.  Well, don't get me wrong though.  I looked good.  Juno had definitely turned me into a goddess-like doll.  It was just that I wasn't used to the heavy make-up and wavy curls.

*  *  *

Suzie's POV

"Suzie, what is this?"

I held up the birthday gift I bought her and said with a smirk, "Your birthday gift!"

"First of all, I don't know why you bought me this as my birthday gift.  Second, why do I have to wear it NOW?"  HaeRin almost screamed at me at the salon changing room.

I reached out to help her strip.  She put her hands on her chest and screamed, "Yah..."

"Come on, Girl!  We are running out of time."  I pulled away her hands and started to her blouse.

"SUZIE!"

I smirked, "Don't worry!  I'll change as well.  Mine is similar.  You are not alone."

"But why?  Where are we going?  Why do I have to wear THIS?  Suzie, if you are not telling me RIGHT NOW, I'm so going to fire you."  She gave me a sharp glare as if she really meant what she said.

I chuckled, "You won't fire me!"

"Oh yes.  I WILL."  HaeRin laughed coldly and started to button up.

I let out a sigh and said, "We are going to a PJ party.  That's why.  Now, come on.  Let's change.  The clock is ticking!"

She tried to struggle off my grasp and said, "I'm not going to any PJ party.  I mean, this is no PJ."

"Miss HaeRin, this is PJ for women in your age.  Those you have at home are home wear.  Not nightwear, OK?  Now, don't try to fight me.  Otherwise, I'll have to tear your blouse apart, you'll have to wear this anyway."

*  *  *

GD and TOP had given me a mission today, which was to take Ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter