Cannot Compare

The Unreachable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TOP's POV

TaeYang, DaeSung and I rushed back to the hotel but HaeRin and JiYong hadn't come back yet.  I called JiYong but he rejected my call.  My Manager called JiYong's Manager and he rejected the call as well.  HaeRin must be extremely angry at me that they dared not take our calls.

I waited for HaeRin at her room.  I paced around the room while my heart beated super fast.  I was scared this time.  Suddenly, someone opened the door and I looked up, "HaeRin."

"Hyeong, you are here."  It was JiYong who opened the door.  I craned my neck to see if HaeRin was behind him somewhere.

JiYong walked into the room and said, "HaeRin is in my room.  I came to help her pack her stuff."

I was stunned and didn't know how to react.  My mouth was opened but no word came out.  JiYong opened HaeRin's luggage and stuffed everything inside.  He went through the room to collect HaeRin's stuff as if I wasn't there.

"How is she?"  I muttered.

JiYong stopped and stared at me, "What do you think?"  He threw her clothes into the luggage and zipped up the luggage.

"Hyeong, you really need to think hard this time.  She seems quite determined."  He dragged the luggage with him and stopped at the door, "HaeRin and I swapped room.  I'll come back here later."

I watched JiYong walked out of the room with HaeRin's luggage and shopping bags.  I felt a sharp pain on my chest.  I dropped on the sofa and couldn't even move.  I sat there for a while and finally decided to go to JiYong's room.

I knocked on the door for a while.  Finally, JiYong opened the door.

"Hyeong, don't!"  JiYong drew his brows together and put his hand on my chest to stop me from going in.

"Let me in!  I need to talk to her NOW."  I gave him a sharp stare and said firmly.  I didn't want to fight but I would not back down either.  It was either he let me in or I pushed my way through.

"Let him in!"  HaeRin said softly.  I pushed my way through and saw HaeRin sat on the edge of the bed.  Her eyes were all red and swollen.  It hurt me to see her like this.  I walked over to her and crouched down in front of her.

"HaeRin!"  I grabbed her hands and said.

HaeRin took a deep breath and looked up at JiYong, "JiYong Ssi, will you give us a moment?"

JiYong glanced at me and nodded his head, "I'll wait in your room."  She nodded her head with a weak smile.

HaeRin pulled her hands away from me and walked over to the window.  She folded her arms across her chest and stared out the window.  I hugged her from behind but she struggled off my grasp.

"If you have anything to say, say it and leave."  She said softly without turning around to look at me.  Her tone was so cold that made me shivered.

I stepped in front of her and said, "HaeRin, it's not what you think.  I told you before, Nuna is just my working partner, a YG family member.  I never see her as a woman.  She is only a sister to me."

She turned her head away impatiently.

I continued, "I know you are upset about the performance at the concert.  You are furious about the kiss.  But...  it's not how it looked.  The performance was merely acting.  And the kiss...  Nuna just..."

HaeRin glared at me and said, "So, you are blaming everything on Park Bom?  It's all her fault and you are innocent.  Are you trying to say that?"

I didn't know what to say.  I knew so well that I was not 100 percent innocent but I never wanted all these to happen either.

"You could have avoided all these from happening.  I reminded you to handle it carefully.  But you chose to ignore it rather than to tackle the problem.  You LET her step between us.  You gave her the chances."  Her eyes were all red again and tears wobbled in her eyes.

I tried to pull her close to myself but she pushed me away again, "I'm sorry.  I won't deny that I should have handled this more carefully.  I just wanted to give Nuna a chance.  I didn't want to stir up any trouble within the family.  I am prepared to confront her if she did anything strange again.  I just didn't know she would actually force the kiss on me in front of everyone at the party.  I never imagined she would go this far."

"You know her since 2006.  You are saying you don't know what she is capable of?  Even TaeYang and SeungRi warned you about her, didn't they?  I'm not asking you to de-friend her since I know you can't do that.  But you can at least handle it in a better way.  Instead, you let her cling to you, touch you, act like she's yours in front of me and everyone.  But all I can do is to watch you both and smile.  I understand it's acting on stage.  What about off stage then?  You never pushed her away when she clung to you.  You never even gave her any signal that you felt uncomfortable with it, not even when I was there in front of you.  That's why she keeps pushing and pushing.  If you care this much about her feelings, how about mine?  What am I to you?"   Tears ran down her cheeks.  I reached out and brushed off her tears.  She sobbed and turned her head away.

"I'm sorry.  I know I hurt you, although it was never my intention to do that.  I rather hurt myself than to hurt you.  I care about you more than anything.  I swear, I love you and only you."

She shook her head and said, "Please!  Don't say that!  If you really love me, you would have known how I would feel.  Do you know how I felt when she asked me to stay away from you and that I was nobody to get close to you?  Do you know how I felt when I saw what she did to you on stage?  Do you know how I felt to see her kissed you at the party tonight?  But what can I do?  I can't even go up to her and slap her.  I tried so hard to ignore her, to keep my manners and to not bother you with anything she said and done to me.   I tell myself it's just work, nothing more and nothing less.  I shouldn't get jealous because of that.  But I'm a woman too.  I'm sorry but I can't help being jealous when I see another woman flirt with my boyfriend.  What if JiYong Ssi kisses me in front you?  How would you feel?  Or should I ask him to come over and kiss him in front of you right here, to let you feel how I feel?"

She glared at me as she said that, as if she would really want to do that as revenge.  I stared at her in the eyes and didn't know what to say.

"So, what do you say?  Should I ask him to come over?  To make us even?"

I could see that she was really pissed.  I sure didn't want to see her kissing JiYong, since seeing them holding hands made me jealous much already.  She dropped herself on the sofa and covered her face with both hands while she burst into tears.  I crouched down in front of her and said, "HaeRin, I'm really sorry.  I already made it crystal clear to Nuna that I only love you and I would never fall for her.  Please give me one more chance to make it up to you."

She shook her head and said, "Please leave!  I don't want to talk about it anymore.  I don't want to see you too."

I pulled her to myself and hugged her tight, "Baby, please!  Don't shut me off."   She was shaking in my arm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter