Reactions

The Unreachable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HaeRin's POV

Everything happened so fast.  The next thing I knew, I was already on the plane in first class with TOP, flying back to Seoul.

"Baby, are you comfortable?  Do you need an extra pillow?  Juice?  Are you hungry?"  TOP asked.

I shook my head with a smile.

"What is it?  Are you not feeling well?  Nauseous again?  Here, vomit bag."  TOP grabbed the vomit bag from the seat pocket in the front.

"I'm OK.  Just nervous."

He held my hand and asked in concern, "Nervous?  Why?  About what?"

I looked at him and wondered why he was so calm and all as if nothing happened.  I was very nervous.  Nervous about going back to Seoul, as a pregnant woman and as TOP's fiancé.  Nervous about breaking the news to our parents, to YG and worst of all, to his fans.  Most important of all, I was nervous about our baby's health.  I still didn't understand why I would have bleeding if I was pregnant.  I was so worried about the baby.  But Suzie researched about it on the internet and found out that light bleeding might occur throughout pregnancy because of hormonal changes in my body.  She said it shouldn't be anything serious since I didn't have any abdominal pain.  But I was still very nervous about it.  After all, how would a woman not knowing she was pregnant?  I still couldn't believe it myself.  How could I be this careless?

"Baby, don't worry too much.  Our parents will be overwhelmed with joy, I'm sure.  My dad may be mad at me since we are pregnant out of marriage.  But like you said, he likes you.  So, he will spare me for this time."  He could even still joke about it.  I pouted and squeezed his hand.

He nipped my chin and continued, "I already have a plan.  So, don't worry.  OK?"

He already had a plan.  We just found out we were pregnant yesterday and he already had a plan.  I looked at him with wide-eyes and asked, "Plan?  What plan?"

"Secret!"

I drew my brows together and said, "If we are going to do THIS..."  I pointed at my belly and continued, "together, no more secrets."

He brushed my nose and said with a smile, "Yes, no more secrets.  But this time, treat it as a SURPRISE.  You'll know when the time has come.  I need to discuss this with Mr. Yang first."

"Your plan has to do with Mr. Yang?  You already have a plan to break the news to your fans?  What is it?"  I was really anxiously to know the details since I was also worried about how he planned to do it.

"Just relax!  I am a husband and a father now.  Every move I make, I'll make it wise and think of you and the baby first.  Also, I'll discuss it with Mr. Yang and the boys first.  They won't let me do stupid things to sabotage my career.  So, don't worry!"  He looked me in the eyes and said.  I could see the determination in his eyes.

"Well, just don't give me a heart attack."  I said.

He laughed softly and pecked me on the forehead.  I pulled away a little and glanced around us, "Yah... People will see us."

He moved closer and whispered, "Well, what's wrong with a husband kissing his wife?"

I blushed instantly and whispered back, "I'm not your wife..."

"YET!  But you already are the mother of my child."  He put his hand on my belly and said with a smile.

"GUYS!"

Both TOP and I were startled.  GD popped his head up from behind the back of his seat and said with a smirk, "If you don't want people to know yet, I suggest you use whatsapp.  I mean, YoungBae and I can hear every single word you said."

TaeYang turned around and whispered with a smile, "what's wrong with a husband kissing his wife?  Nothing wrong with that. But I mean, do consider how JiYong and I feel.  We are still SINGLE for crying out loud!"

GD and TaeYang exchanged a look and GD said, "YoungBae, come!  HUG me!"

"JiYong, come!  KISS me!"

"Muah...."  GD opened his arms to TaeYang and TaeYang pursed his lips and pretended to kiss him.  TOP and I looked at each other and couldn't help but burst out laughing.  

"Guys, lucky that we are the only passengers in the first class today.  Otherwise, the internet will be flooded with your kissing pics.  Hyeong and HyeongSu Nim's too!"  DaeSung and Suzie appeared all of a sudden.

TOP wrapped his arm around my waist and said, "What about you, Kang DaeSung?  What is your hand doing?"  DaeSung also had his hand on Suzie's waist.  Suzie pulled away immediately and blushed.

"Ohh...  SuSu is blushing!"  GD teased.

"Yahh..."  Suzie blushed even harder.   "HYEONG!"  DaeSung said embarrassedly.

TaeYang smiled, "Where's SeungRi?"

Suzie turned around and pointed at not far away from our seats, "There!  Flirting with the stewardess!"

We all looked and burst out laughing together.

*  *  *

I had no place to go since I had already vacated my apartment before I left for London.  I thought of staying at the hotel but TOP insisted I stayed with him at his house, now that we are engaged.  I was a little tired after the long flight since I didn't sleep well last night and on the plane.

"Be careful.  Watch your steps!  Baby, maybe you should take off your socks first.  It's too slippery to walk on the marble floor with socks.  Come on.  Lift your foot!  I'll help you take it off."  He crouched down in front of me immediately and lifted up my left foot.

"I can take it off myself.  I'm not that clumsy yet."  I said with a smile and wanted to pull my foot away.  But he hung on to it and slipped the sock off for me, "The other one.  Lift it up."   I laughed at him softly.

"Choi Seung Hyun, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

TOP and I both looked up at once.  It was HyeYun Eonni.  Mr. and Mrs. Choi were behind her and looked at us with wide eyes.  I didn't expect them to be here already.  I was a little startled and lost my balance.  I kicked my foot and almost fell on my .  Lucky that TOP grabbed my waist just in time to pull me back on my feet.  He helped me got back on my feet while still crouched in front of me and asked, "Baby, are you alright?"

I nodded my head and grabbed his hand to pull him up on his feet as well.  He turned around and scowled at HyeYun with his brows drawn together, "Nuna, you startled her and she almost fell.  Don't shout at her again please!"

"Yah..."  I said softly and raised my eyebrows at him.  I couldn't believe he snapped at his sister in front of his parents because of me.

"Choi SeungHyun..."  HyeYun stared at TOP.

I bowed politely at Mr. and Mrs. Choi and said, "Hello,  Mr. and Mrs. Choi, how are you?  Hello, HyeYun Eonni."

Mrs. Choi stepped up to us and threw a quick glance at TOP before she took my hand, "Dear, why are you looking so pale?  Are you not feeling well?"

"She is startled by Nuna, Mom.  That's why."  TOP said as he glared at HyeYun.  I pulled his hand and gave him a stop-it look.  He wrapped his arm around me and said, "Mom, let's go into the living room first.  She needs to sit down."

I nodded my head at Mr. Choi when we walked pass him.  He nodded and gave me a warm smile, just as he did the last time we met.  I felt a bit relieved when I saw that smile.

TOP's over-caring actions to me puzzled everyone.

"Baby, do you need anything?  Water?  Juice?  Here, cushion for your back!"  He placed a cushion behind my back and carefully pushed my back on it.  I grabbed his hand to pull him close to me and whispered, "Stop it!  Don't you know you are over-reacting?"   He raised his eyebrows at me and pouted.

HyeYun stared at the ring on my finger and asked, "Guys, can you tell us what's going on?  What is that on HaeRin's finger?"  TOP and I both looked up.  I glanced at everyone and blushed immediately.

I squeezed TOP's hand tight as he said, "Mom, Dad, HaeRin and I are getting married."

I dared not look up at any of them for I was scared to see their facial expression towards this shocking announcement while more shocking details were yet to come.

TOP took a deep breath and continued, "And we are pregnant."

"OMG!"  HyeYun said.  I gasped at HyeYun's reaction and tears immediately filled my eyes.  I could feel that all eyes were on me now.  We waited and waited.  Mrs. Choi finally said, "Is it confirmed?  Have you been to the doctor's yet?"

I slight looked up at her and shook my head, "I..."

"We just found out.  We did 5 home pregnancy tests.  All positive."  TOP answered it for me.

"What?"  HyeYun shouted, "You two have been separated for two months.  Have you seen each other in between?  How?"

I gasped again and a tear fell down involuntarily and dropped on TOP's hand.  He turned to me immediately, "Baby, don't cry.  It's OK."  I took a deep breath to hold my tears.

"Nuna, what are you saying?"  TOP raised his voice a little at his sister.  I squeezed his hand to stop him.

"I am saying, if you guys haven't seen each other in two months, meaning HaeRin is conceived before she left.  She will be how many months now?  3, at least?  How can you not know and not go to see the doctor?"  HyeYun said.

I glanced at Mr. Choi, who gazed at me with an expressionless face.  His warm smile earlier was gone now.  I then glanced at Mrs. Choi, who looked at me with her brows drawn together.  I sniffled and said, "I...  I'm sorry.  I didn't notice...  I...  Sorry!"

"Baby, you don't have to apologize.  It's not your fault."  TOP said softly and brushed away my tears.

I wanted so much to hold back my tears but I just couldn't.  I didn't know what was with me.  I suddenly felt so small and so ashamed for being pregnant before marriage and for being pregnant and not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter