No Worries?

The Unreachable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TOP's POV

HaeRin and I had been dating for a month, secretly. Except my Manager, even the rest of BigBang didn't know about it.  I was fine with it since I didn't want HaeRin to have any pressure about it.  As long as she felt comfortable with it, I was happy with anything she wanted.  TaeYang and SeungRi did ask me a few times how things were going with HaeRin and all I told them was 'fine'.  I didn't mean to hide things from my brothers but I believed they would understand.

HaeRin had finally shared with me her past and her fear for being in love.  After I learned about everything, I finally understood what her fear was and why she pushed me away in the first place.  She never requested me to promise her anything.  I knew so well that it wasn't because she didn't care, it was because she was scared to get her hopes up and be disappointed at the end.  And I didn't make any promises in words to her either since I wanted to prove to her with my actions.  I wanted to build up her trust in me day by day instead of making verbal promises to please her ears.  Although HaeRin was still very careful with everything and insisted to take things one step by another, I could feel that her trust in me grew stronger and stronger each day.  And I loved her more and more every day that I felt very blessed to have found this woman.

One reason why I was single all these years was because I was too busy at work.  I just didn't have the time and strength to fall in love, since I was the kind of person who would sometimes shut myself out from anybody when I needed to focus on my work.  It would not be easy to keep a healthy relationship when I was always busy.  But then, I was also a person who would lose all my reasons at some point when I fell in love.  This would at the same time mess up my focus on work.  So, somehow, love and work never did co-exist in my life.  But this time, I just couldn't give HaeRin up.  Even though it might not be fair to her since I might not be able to spend too much time with her, I would still want to put in the effort and give it a try.  Most importantly, I really believed I found a good match since HaeRin was very mature and understanding, while I was the one whose mental age stayed at 19 most of the time.  She had this ability to push me forward and make me focus on my work.

Since I was busy with my shooting, HaeRin and I didn't get many chances to meet with each other.  It was good though, since I believed lovers should somehow keep a certain distance so that they could keep things fresh and avoid having too many conflicts.   HaeRin never complained about it even we might not see each other often.  We would sometimes meet if I finished my shooting early or when I had my day-off.  HaeRin wanted to stay out of the radar for as long as possible; hence, we mostly dated at her house and sometimes at mine.  I wanted to take her out for romantic dinners or late night movies sometimes; but HaeRin preferred to keep a low-profile for the moment.  So, I didn't insist.  Even though our dates were confined to our homes only, we still had a great time together.  Everything was simple and sweet.  She would cook for me and we would have dinner together.  We would drink wine and chatted about everything overnight.  We laughed together about the silly things happened during the day and shared about each other's headaching matters at work.  We grew closer and closer to each other as days passed.

Everyone was busy with their work in the past month and HaeRin didn't get the chance to meet with JiYong.  Although they exchanged messages often, but HaeRin didn't get the chance to tell him.  I didn't push her to break it out to JiYong though.  Like HaeRin said, this was between them both and I somehow should not involve in it.  I agreed since I believed HaeRin would handle it alright.  I was still a little bit jealous when HaeRin and JiYong texted or called each other; but HaeRin never hid anything from me.  She would tell me roughly what they chatted about and would never walk away to take JiYong's calls nor reply his texts.  That, I appreciated very much.

HaeRin's company had arranged a private party for next week to celebrate the positive feedbacks they got on our endorsement so far.  Some of the major artists from our company were also invited to join.  HaeRin was quite busy with all the arrangement and so.  This would be the first time HaeRin and I to attend an official event together ever since BigBang became her company's endorser and the internet incident.  I was a little worried about it since I wasn't sure if anyone would bring that up again during the event.  I really didn't want HaeRin to go through it once again.  But HaeRin spotted my worries and ensured me that things would be fine and she would not be beaten by the same issue twice.  This was what I admired her most.

*  *  *

GD'S POV

A month passed and I didn't see HaeRin since the unfinished dinner.  We kept in touch through calls and texts as usual though.  From the texts HaeRin sent me and her tone when we talked on phone, it was quite obvious that she was constantly in a good mood and sounded so in love.  She started to use all these cute emotion icons in her texts while she used to write plain texts previously.  She was still happy to receive my calls; but would rush to hang up on me sometimes.  A couple times, I heard a man's voice from behind.  I guessed it was all because of TOP Hyeong.  I believed they had finally hooked up.  Actually, I knew the story would go this way when I saw them left my birthday party hand in hand.  I believed HaeRin left in the middle of the dinner to meet Hyeong as well.  Hyeong and HaeRin didn't mention anything about it to me or any of the boys, but I was pretty sure they were in love.

Although I was a bit disappointed, I was still happy for them since they made a great couple as I believed HaeRin was the woman Hyeong waited for all along.  Hyeong became more out-spoken lately and logged in to our chat group often.  He would even text us and send us silly pictures of his.  These were something Hyeong seldom did in the past.  I was glad to see how Hyeong had changed and that HaeRin was happy with him.

The three of us would finally meet at the celebration party next week, ever since my birthday party.  I wondered if HaeRin would try to break the news to me at the party.  I somehow believed she knew I had feelings for her.  But then, I never confessed and she just pretended not knowing all along.  Even though HaeRin and I were not meant to be, I still cherished her friendship and would alway stay by her side as a true friend.

*  *  *

SeungRi's POV

The celebration party was scheduled for this Saturday.  YoungBae Hyeong and I were a bit worried about TOP Hyeong and HaeRin Nuna.  Hence, we suggested to have dinner together with TOP Hyeong to remind him on what we were worried about.

YoungBae Hyeong and I were already there when TOP Hyeong arrived, "Where's JiYong and DaeSung?"

I raised the tea pot and asked TOP Hyeong, "Tea?"  He nodded his head.

"It's just the three of us tonight.  We want to discuss with you on something."  YoungBae Hyeong said and glanced at me.

We were a team for quite some years now and we stood by each other always.  But TOP Hyeong seldom joined us for dinners.  Not that he didn't want to but most of the time when he noticed we had dinner together, it would probably be days after since he seldom logged-in to our chat group.  We couldn't blame him though, since we never thought of calling him to confirm.  Dinner with just the three of us was even rare.  YoungBae Hyeong and I didn't quite know how to start the conversation.  But then

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter