Nightmare Before Christmas

The Unreachable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HaeRin's POV

"You let me go!"  I said.

I was really tired.  It felt like I didn't have energy to hold on anymore.  I knew it would never be easy to date a celebrity.  But TOP somehow made it seemed possible and I thought we might work out if we both gave a little more effort to it.  Was it all illusions all along, I really didn't know.  It somehow didn't really matter if TOP still had feelings for her or he had really slept with her that night.  Things changed when he chose to lie to me.  I was not sure if I would react differently if he had be honest with me.  But I would still rather have him come clean than to learn it from the news and put me in this situation.

"Baby, NO.  I did not let you go.  I will NEVER let you go.  So, please don't let me go either.  Don't!  I beg you.  You have to trust me on this.  I went there as an old friend, nothing more and nothing less.  I don't have any other feelings for her.  None.  I did stay at her place that night, but I did not sleep with her.  We were drunk and just felt asleep.  Baby, you know I am not the kind of man who would sleep around."

"I don't know what I know anymore.  You are always good to your female friends.  First, it was Park Bom.  Now, it's your ex.  You put them before me each time."

"No, it's not like that."

"What is it then?  What is it, huh?  You worried about hurting Park Bom's feeling, but you ended up hurting me instead.  Now, you worried about your ex getting drunk at a pub and I ended up getting hurt AGAIN.  It seems to me they are your first priority.  Or you think I will always be here waiting for you, forgive you and take you back no matter what?"  I suddenly felt dizzy.  Things started to spin around again, "Leave!  I really don't want to see you."

I pushed him away and wanted to walk to my room; but my knee failed me.  TOP caught me before I fell on the floor.

*  *  *

TOP'S POV

HaeRin fainted.  I picked her up and put her on the couch, "HaeRin, talk to me.  Open your eyes."  I gently patted her on the arm and shook her a bit to wake her up.

A few seconds later, she opened her eyes slowly.

"How are you feeling?  Do you want me to call the doctor?"  I brushed her cheek and said.

She blinked a few times and tried to sit up.  I pushed her down and said, "Baby, lie down for a while.  You just fainted.  Don't sit up just yet."

But my stubborn girlfriend just wouldn't listen to me, not anymore.  She pushed me away and tried to stand up.  As expected, her knees were still weak and the dizziness was still there.  I grabbed her by the arms and raised my voice a little at her, "Lee HaeRin, sit down, will you?  Stop being so stubborn!  I know you are mad at me.  Let it all out on me, if you want to.  But just don't do this to yourself."

"What do you care?  Why worry about me now?  I can take care of myself.  I don't need you.  I told you I don't want complications.  But you have to mess with my mind and make me dream for something that will not be mine.  Then, you take away everything." HaeRin said with her weak voice.  She didn't look at me.  She just had her head down and supported herself with her hands on the couch.

I pulled her around to look at me and cupped her face with both hands, "Baby, I am sorry that I lied to you.  I broke your trust.  I know I hurt you.  But my love to you is real.  I love you more than anything.  You are the only woman in here."  I put my hand on my left chest, "I am not the unreachable.  In fact, you are the unreachable to me.  You hid your true self from me from the beginning.  It took me a lot of effort to make you open your heart to me.  If I was not truely in love with you, why would I do all that?  Don't let go so easily, no matter how mad you are.  Please."

She shook her head, "It's easy for you to say this, coz you have no idea how I feel.  I am really tired.  Park Bom, paparazzi, fans' threats.  I somehow managed to sink all the worries and fear in and tried my best to hang in there because I thought at the end of the day I would still have you by my side.  But this time, I really don't know.  I don't have the strength to go on anymore.  I am sorry.  Just let me go."

"NO!  I WILL NOT LET YOU GO!  NO!" I jumped on my feet and shouted.  I paced around the living room and tried to think of a way to get throught her.

"Tell me!  Tell me what can I do to make you feel better?  What do I have to do so that you will forgive me and take me back?"

My phone suddenly rang.  It was MINA.  I rejected it immediately.  HaeRin threw me a quick glance.  My phone rang again.  This time, it was my mother.  I glanced at HaeRin and she looked up at me, "Answer it.  Don't hesitate on my account."

I let out a sigh and took the call, "Mom?"

She stood up and stumbled to her room.  I watched her from behind and worried that she would fall.

"Mom, can I call you later?"

"Yes, I am with her."

"I will.  Don't worry.  Mom, I'll call you later, OK?"  I hung up and went to HarRin's room.  But she locked her door, "Baby, open up.  Please.  Unlock the door for me.  I am worried about you."

She didn't answer me.  I knocked and knocked, "Lee Hae Rin, open the door right now!  Or I will kick it open."

"Just leave.  I want to be alone."  She said finally.

"Baby, open up!"  I knocked again.

"Just go away.  I really don't want to see you.  Please."  She begged with her weak and shaky voice.

I let out another heavy sigh and said, "I will wait here.  You take some rest and we can talk later."

"No.  Can you not hear me?  I said leave me.  I really don't want to see or talk to you.  Please don't make me hate you.  Just leave."

My body froze and just couldn't speak or move.....

*  *  *

HaeRin's POV

I cried myself to sleep.  When I woke up, it was already Christmas Eve.

Christmas was always my favourite festival in the year.  I looked forward to celebrate Christmas with TOP ever since we were together, even more anticipated than our birthday.  But it turned out I would spend this Christmas alone with tears.

Ring~  Ring~  Ring~

"Mom?"  She had called me many times since yesterday; but I didn't pick up once.

"HaeRin, where are you now?  Are you alright?"

My tears fell when I heard her voice; but I tried to sound as normal as possible, "I'm at home.  Sorry that I didn't take your call yesterday."

"Are you alright?  Is SeungHyun with you now?"

I sniffled and hesitated.

"Have you talked to him?  Did you let him explain?"  My mother didn't sound angry at all.  Instead, she sounded like she knew what happened.

"How are you and Dad going to celebrate Christmas?"  I said.

"HaeRin, tell mom what you are thinking.  You can tell me anything.  Don't try to take it all by yourself.  Talk to me.  Do you need me to come to Seoul?  I can leave right away."

I wiped away my tears and said, "No, I'm alright.  You know your daughter.  I will get over this.  Don't worry."

She let out a sigh and said, "How?  Push him away and lock yourself up again?  I don't want to see my daughter back away from her happiness when a small obstacle appeared."

"Mom, you don't understand."

"So, tell me then!  Make me understand."

I hesitated and said, "He lied to me.  He broke my trust."

"Did he sleep with her?  Did he?"  My mother asked directly.

I took a deep breath, "Is that important?"

"Of course, it is."

I let out a heavy sigh and said, "He said he didn't."

"So, what's the problem, HaeRin?"

"HE LIED TO ME.  That's the problem, Mom.  He lied to me and went to his ex-girlfriend.  Is that not enough?"  I shouted.  I was shocked that my mother seemed to find

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter