War Zone

The Unreachable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TOP's POV

HaeRin got onto the van and took off her mask.  She let out a heavy sigh with her head down.  I reached out to grab her hand and she looked up at me with a smile.

"Have you guys read the news yet?"  Hyeong asked.  HaeRin looked up at once and asked, "Not yet.  Do you have them?"

Hyeong then passed HaeRin the ipad.  HaeRin scrolled down the web feeds....  

Naver News (Search: TOP)

[TOP being caught kissing girlfriend in Paris.  Who's that girl?]

(picture caption: TOP kissed girlfriend on the street in Paris)

[BigBang TOP cuddled with secret girlfriend in Paris]

(picture caption: TOP cuddled with girlfriend at a sidewalk cafe in Paris)

[TOP in Paris with girlfriend]

(picture caption: TOP and girlfriend took selfies in Paris)

[BigBang TOP kissed girlfriend in Paris!] 

[TOP's love-life revealed! Finally!]

[Who is TOP's girlfriend?]

(picture caption: TOP kissed girlfriend on the street in Paris)

[So in love, yet so careless.  TOP with girlfriend in Paris.]

[Looked so in love.  TOP, Choi SeungHyun is in love with the girl in his tv commercial.]

(picture caption: TOP and secret girlfriend in tv commercial)

[TOP's romantic trip to Paris with girlfriend]

[Heartbreaker!?  BigBang TOP has a girlfriend!]

[Eyes twinkled with joy.  TOP is in love.]

(picture caption: Happy smile on TOP's face and eyes twinkled with joy)

[Pre-birthday trip with new girlfriend.  TOP's in love.]

[TOP's girlfriend: Girl in BigBang's tv commercial.]

(courtesy pictures from tv commercial)

[YG Entertainment:  Will not comment until gets in touch with TOP]

 

HaeRin read through the feeds one by one.  She let out another heavy sigh and handed me the ipad.

"Mr. Yang is waiting for you at the office." Hyeong said.

I looked up and said, "OK.  Let's take HaeRin back to her house first then."

"Mr. Yang wants to see you BOTH."

HaeRin looked at me at once.  I smiled, "Don't worry.  Maybe he just wants to discuss about our next action.  It'll be alright."  She slowly turned her head away and looked out of the window.  I squeezed her hand tight and she squeezed mine back.

*  *  *

Mr. Yang was already at the office when we arrived.  I reached out to hold HaeRin's hand, but she pulled away and shook her head.  HaeRin glanced around the office where all the figures were.  She must find it creepy to meet with Mr. Yang for our current issue with all these figures staring and smiling at her.  I patted her back to gesture her to move forward.

"Mr. Yang."  I said.   Mr. Yang turned around to us in his chair.  He looked quite serious.  HaeRin gasped instantly.  I reached out to her hand and squeezed it tight.

"HaeRin, nice to see you again."  Mr. Yang said as he stood up and walked over to us.

HaeRin pulled away her hand and politely bowed at Mr. Yang, "Mr. Yang, how are you doing?"  Her voice were shaking.

Mr. Yang slight smiled at HaeRin and threw me a quick stare, "I'm alright.  Sit down."

HaeRin and I sat at the opposite to Mr. Yang.  He had the serious face which I myself was a little nervous somehow.  HaeRin had her head down to her chest and held her hand tight together on her lap.  I glanced at her and then said to Mr. Yang, "Mr. Yang, I'm really sorry about this."

He glanced at me and let out a heavy sigh, "I knew this would happen but never expected it to happen so soon.  You two should have been more careful."

"I'm really sorry."  HaeRin mumbled.

Mr. Yang shook his head and said with a smile, "HaeRin, you don't have to apologize.  I'm not mad at you guys.  Really.  It's not like you guys are involved in a scandal or anything.  Dating rumors are small things.  It's just we still need to find a way to deal with the press and the fans quickly.  So, I asked ByeongYeong to bring you here."

HaeRin raised her eyes to look at Mr. Yang.  He looked at HaeRin and nodded his head with a fatherly smile.  He then glanced at me and asked, "Before we go any further, answer me one question.  Both of you."

HaeRin and I looked up at him instantly.  He glanced at both of us and asked, "Are you both serious about this?  I'm not asking about forever since forever is too far away.  But at least, for now.  Are you both serious about this?"

HaeRin and I looked at each other.  I said, "We are serious about this.  Definitely."

Mr. Yang turned to HaeRin and asked, "HaeRin?"   HaeRin looked up at him and nodded her head affirmatively.

"Good.  But HaeRin, you need to be prepared.   The fans may not be too happy about it this time."  HaeRin gasped at his words.  I turned to looked at her and held onto her hand.  She turned to me and forced a smiled to me.

"We have two choices here.  One, leave it and don't confirm or deny anything.  Lay low for a while.  Wait until the next rumor or scandal of another artist to come out.  People will eventually forget about you two.  It should be easy since you have just finished your movie.  You can just stay home and rest.  Wait until it died down.  Stop seeing each other for a while too.  Once the coast is clear, you may secretly date again.  But have to be extra careful, since if by any chance someone snaps another picture of you two, everything will snap back at you."

Mr. Yang looked me in the eyes and glanced at HaeRin, "Two, issue a statement to tell the whole world you two are in love.  Let it all out.  Manage people's expectation and imagination.  But you'll have to prepare for the impact and consequences to your career and BigBang's.  Fans will most probably bounce.  But then, no one can be sure of anything.  Maybe you'll have a miracle."

HaeRin squeezed my hand tight.

"Anyway, you two can discuss about this and let me know what you want to do.  YG will give you both full support either way."

HaeRin gazed me in the eyes.  I knew so well she had made her choice and I could see it in her eyes.  I, as well, made up my mind.

Mr. Yang continued, "I've called the boys and they are on their way.  All six of you should meet before you two make the final decision."

"Mr. Yang, the boys are here"  The secretary walked in and said.

*  *  *

GD's POV

I was at the hair-salon when my cody told me that the news about Hyeong and HaeRin were all over the internet.  I was shocked at first.  I immediately read through the feeds one by one and was relieved to find that all of them were quite positive.  Hyeong and HaeRin looked so in love in the pictures.  Anyone looked at the pictures would be happy for them too.  This fan definitely was a good photographer.

Mr. Yang called all four of us himself and asked us to go to the headquarters right away.  All four of us knew what was that about.  After all, to certain extent, some 'damage control' had to be done.

We arrived at Mr. Yang's office within an hour.  Hyeong and HaeRin were already there when we got there.  I looked HaeRin in the eyes and she gave me a sweet smile to ensure me she was fine.  I nodded my head with a smile too.  Hyeong looked quite tranquil and not bothered by the pictures at all.  He even joked around with DaeSung and clung to him with a big smile.

"Boys, I believe you all know why you are here today.  I've already talked to TOP and HaeRin and they know my views.  Now, it's your turn.  I'll leave you guys alone and deal with this together."  Mr. Yang patted on Hyeong's shoulder and smiled to HaeRin before he walked out of the office.  HaeRin politely bowed to him with a smile.

"So, where do we start?" TaeYang threw himself to the sofa and asked.

SeungRi stepped up to HaeRin and hugged her, "Nuna, are you OK?"

HaeRin patted on his back and said with a smile, "Yes, I'm OK."

SeungRi pulled himself away a little but his hands were still on HaeRin's waist.  HaeRin looked at him with a smile.  Hyeong let out a sigh and stepped up to them.  He grabbed SeungRi by the back of his collar and pulled him away from HaeRin, "Lee SeungHyun, how many times do I have to tell you not to put your hands on my woman?"

SeungRi cried for help, "Nunnnna..."

HaeRin shook her head with a smile and said, "Let him go!  It's only a hug."

"Yeah, it's not like I kissed Nun... na..."  Everyone looked at Hyeong at once.  SeungRi realized he had said something forbidden.

HaeRin looked at Hyeong and said with a smile, "TOP, let your little brother go."  Hyeong gazed at HaeRin in the eyes and she nodded her head with a sweet smile.  He looked relieved somehow and slightly hit SeungRi on the head before letting him go.  We all thought Hyeong would be mad at SeungRi because he said something he shouldn't; but it turned out Hyeong only worried about how HaeRin felt.  I finally realized how much he really loved her.

Hyeong stepped close to HaeRin and brushed her nose which made her giggled.  It was like they could only see each other in their eyes as if we were not there at all.

DaeSung tapped Hyeong on the shoulder and said, "Hyeong, HyeongSu Nim, we are still here!  Hello!"

HaeRin blushed instantly and complained, "Yah...  DaeSung!"

"Yes, HyeongSu Nim."  DaeSung said as he bowed politely.  TaeYang, SeungRi and I couldn't help laughing out loud and said together, "HyeongSu Nim."

HaeRin blushed hard and pouted.  Hyeong glanced at us and smirked, "Guys."

I clapped my hands and said, "Alright!  Enough about that.  Let's get back to the real business."

Everyone sat down and I glanced at HaeRin.  She held her hands together and lowered her head.  Hyeong turned to look at her and reached out to her hand.  She looked up at him and slightly smiled.

"So..."  I asked.

Hyeong cut straight to his decision, "I will issue an official statement..."

"No."  HaeRin cut him off immediately.  Hyeong looked HaeRin in the eyes and said, "HaeRin, trust me.  This is the only way."

HaeRin shook her head and said in a straight tone, "No.  We'll lay low."

"Baby..."

"HaeRin, your reason?"  I cut Hyeong off and asked.  HaeRin took a deep breath and said, "We'll wait it ou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter