JiYong's Birthday Party

The Unreachable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

GD's POV

All of us were worried about HaeRin in the past week, since she didn't tell anybody where she went.  I texted her a few times but all she replied was 'I am fine.  Don't worry!'.  I was busy with my album and didn't get the chance to meet with her ever since the incident.  According to TaeYang and Suzie, she was upset about the criticism.  Well, who wouldn't?  I knew TOP Hyeong was upset about that and blamed himself for everything.  He went to Tokyo for a photo-shoot and I didn't get a chance to see him lately as well.

It turned out HaeRin went to visit her parents in Tokyo.  I wondered if she bumped into TOP Hyeong there.  Both of them didn't mention anything about it though and none of us dared to ask.  HaeRin was back at work and Suzie updated us that she seemed better after her Tokyo trip.  She put her focus on work and went straight home after work each day.  Suzie tried to take HaeRin out for dinner or shopping; but she refused and said she wanted to stay this way for a while.

My birthday was around the corner.  I called HaeRin and invited her to attend my birthday party.

"Girl, the boys are holding a birthday party for me next Friday.  You are coming, right?"  I asked.

HaeRin hesitated and said, "I'm not sure yet.  I am quite busy at work lately.  I don't know if I can make it."

"HaeRin, for me?  Please, girl!  I'll be so upset if you don't come."

She laughed softly and said, "Let me think about it."

SeungRi and I bombed her with tonnes of texts each day, hoping she would give in and come.

*  *  *

HaeRin's POV

Today was GD's birthday party.  He texted me this morning to remind me about the party tonight and said he would be extremely upset if I didn't join.  I texted him back to say happy birthday but I didn't mention anything whether I would attend the party.  Suzie was invited to join the party as well and extremely excited about it.  She had her full make-up on and already dressed for the party, and ready to go.

"HaeRin, what are you doing?  We are running out of time."  Suzie stormed into my office and asked.  She started to gather the documents and help me to clear my desk.

"What are you doing?"  I asked.

She shrugged with a smile, "To help you to clear your desk and get you ready for the party.  HaeRin, let's go and have some fun.  It's time for you to go out and meet some people.  You've locked yourself inside for weeks now.  Come on.  For me.  How can I go alone if you are not going?  You know if it's not for you, GD would never invite me as well.  Please!"

I looked at her and let out a long sigh, "Alright.  But I may not stay long.  I may probably just drop off the birthday present and go."

"OK!  Let's get you home and get dressed first."  She stepped around the desk and dragged me up.

"Why?  I can't wear this?"  I was in a suit again since I had a business meeting this morning.

Suzie wiggled her finger at me and smiled, "Girl, you are not wearing a suit to GD's birthday party.  Come on.  If you don't want to go home, we can go shopping first."

*  *  *

I didn't have the mood to go shopping, so we went home instead.  Suzie flipped through my closet and threw my clothes everywhere.

"Suzie, what do you expect to find in my closet?"  I sat on my bed and asked with annoyance.

She pulled something out from the closet and threw it on the sofa, "I'm looking for something y.  We are going to a party for crying out loud."

I walked up to her and grabbed her hand, "Why do I need anything y?  I'm not going there to seduce anyone.  Just let me get changed and go."

Suzie snatched her hand away from me and grabbed another piece from the closet, "This one!  Now you can change."

I looked at the piece she held in her hand and jaw dropped, "I'm not wearing that."

"Why?  It's yours.  If you are not going to wear it, why did you buy it in the first place?"  Suzie pushed me over to the bed and started to help me strip off my clothes.

I pushed away her hands and said, "I bought it because it looks nice.  I have a lot of clothes here which I never would wear."

"HaeRin, what a waste!  You have a nice body and this piece is gorgeous.  Come on, for the birthday boy!"

I let out a sigh and gave her a glare.  She smiled at me and handed me the piece.  I snatched it from her hand and went into the bathroom to get changed.

Suzie and I had a simple dinner at the nearby restaurant before heading to the party.  We arrived at around 9p.m.  I didn't know why but I was a bit nervous.  I held on tight to Suzie's hand and didn't want to let go.  Suzie looked at me and smiled, "Relax.  You look stunning.  People will drool over you.  Trust me!"

I rolled my eyes and said, "Can you be more disgusting?  You make me feel like I'm having drool on my skin."

Suzie giggled and dragged me inside the party room.

*  *  *

GD's POV

Today's party was a small one with BigBang's closest friends and co-workers.  Most of my guests arrived already, except HaeRin and Suzie.  TOP Hyeong was not here yet as well since he had a shooting today.  He would probably arrive late.  I texted HaeRin this morning and reminded her to come tonight.  But she just replied me with a Happy Birthday and didn't say if she would come or not.  Maybe she wasn't ready yet.

I was chatting with friends and didn't realize HaeRin and Suzie had arrived, until TaeYang screamed, "WOW!  Girl, look at you!  You are here to make the boys bleed their nose?"

I turned around and looked.  TaeYang stepped forward to HaeRin and gave her a big hug.  She smiled to TaeYang and hugged him back, "Hi there!"

HaeRin was wearing a black 3/4 sleeves V-neckline figure-hugging dress.  She looked very beautiful and y in that dress.  I walked over to her and said, "Girl, welcome!"

She smiled to me and wrapped her arms around me, "Happy Birthday, JiYong Op...pa?!"

I hugged her back with a smile, "Thanks, Girl!"  I pulled away from her a bit and took a good look at her, "You look great tonight!"

She blushed instantly.  Suzie stepped forward and said, "I picked the dress.  For the birthday boy!"  She elbowed me in the ribs and smirked.  I shrugged with a smile.

HaeRin gave Suzie a sharp stare and handed me the birthday gift, "This is for you.  I don't know what to get for you, so I just picked something cute.  Not sure if you would like it."

I planted a kiss on her cheek and said, "Girl, I like anything you get me."  I took her hand and led her to the table in the far corner.

SeungRi jumped out suddenly and threw his arms around HaeRin, "Nuna, I missed you so much!"

She patted him on his shoulder and said, "Hello, SeungRi.  Thanks for all your messages."

SeungRi looked at HaeRin with a pout, "Nuna, you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter