Scent Of Romance

The Unreachable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HaeRin's POV

It was almost 8 p.m. and I hadn't finished even half of my stack.  I decided to leave and go home since there was no way that I could finish them tonight anyway.

I dragged my exhausted body back home with sushi take-out.  I keyed in the passcode but it turned out the door was not locked at all.  But I remembered I locked the door this morning though. A break-in?

I carefully opened the door and tried not to make any sound.  I craned my neck to peek inside the apartment as I grabbed the umbrella from the bucket next to the shoe cabinet.

Then, I stepped on something.

I lowered my head to look.....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TOP's SHOES.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"CHOI SEUNG HYUN!" I shouted with all my might.

 

TOP rushed out from the bathroom while zipping up his pants, "What, what, what?"

I furrowed my brows and glared at him, "You scared me AGAIN!  You didn't lock the door and I thought someone broke in to the house."

He buttoned up his pants and walked over to me.  Just when his hand touched my face, I dodged and yelled, "Go wash your hands!"

He chuckled and went to the kitchen to wash his hands.  I followed him and put the sushi on the kitchen island, "I'm so going to change the passcode.  I mean, who gave you permission to enter my house as you wish?"

"I'll tell you mine?"  He turned his head to me and said with a big smile.

I rolled my eyes and turned around to go to my room.  But he pulled me close and hugged me TIGHT.

"Lee HaeRin, I am REALLY sorry!"  He muttered in his deep husky voice.

I let out a sigh and said, "Of course, you are sorry.  You keep sneaking in like that and scared me to death.  If I die in a heart attack, it will be on your head."

He laughed softly and said, "I am not talking about that."

"Oh!"  I pushed him away and gazed at him, "About the kiss?"

He shook his head with a serious look all of a sudden.

I struggled off his grasp and rasied my voice at him, "You SLEPT with that woman?"

His jaw dropped, "What on earth makes you think that?"

"Well, why are you apologizing then?  There is a THIRD woman?"  I looked at him with opened eyes.

He laughed out loud and pulled me back in his arms.  I tried to struggle him off but didn't succeed of course.  He said softly, "Why didn't you tell me Nuna hit you?"

"Who told you that?  Suzie?  I am so going to kill her.  I told her not to tell you."

He brushed my cheek and leaned forward to kiss on my bruise.  His lips made me tingled, "I'm sorry.  It's all my fault that you have to go through all these."

I pouted and looked him in the eyes.  Tears already wobbled in my eyes.  His gaze touched the vulnerable side of me again.  He lowered his head and kissed me on the lips.  I then closed my eyes and kissed him back.

He broke the kiss and gave me a peck on the forehead, "Baby, are you still mad at me?"

I pouted and didn't answer him right away.  I didn't know why myself but I was no longer mad at him somehow.  But I didn't want to make it easy for him either.  He looked at me with those puppy eyes again.  I wouldn't fall for that this time.  I pushed him away and said, "Go home.  I don't want to talk to you at the moment coz I am still very mad at you."

He followed me close to my room.  I turned around and pushed him away, "I need to change."

"I am not going to look."  He covered his eyes with both hands immediately.

I shook my head and walked in to my room.  He followed and close the door behind him.

"What are you doing?  You should go outside first, then close the door."

He pouted, "I am not leaving you out of my sight.  I don't know why but I have a feeling you'll abandon me if I let you out of my sight."

My heart skipped a beat at his words.  I looked at him and asked softly, "Why do you think that?"

He sat down on my bed with his back facing me.  He had his head down to his chest which made him look like a deflated balloon, "I was too kind to Nuna and resulted you to suffer on my account.  It all because of me that Nuna hit you and gave you that bruise.  And I had no idea what you have gone t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter