Statement

The Unreachable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HaeRin's POV

Rumors about us dating were not only everywhere in Korea, but all over the world.  I believed my mother called because of the rumors since she sounded quite serious on the phone.  But it seemed she called to talk to TOP not me.  TOP wouldn't tell me exactly what my mother had said to him.  I called my mother that night and asked her what she'd said to TOP, and she just wouldn't tell me either.  For what I had observed TOP's facial expression when he talked to my mother, I knew there must be something.  I knew he tried so hard to hide it but his eyes betrayed him.  TOP often said I had eyes that could talk to people; but his eyes were the ones that really talked.  I could see it in his eyes that he fidgeted.  My mother must have said something to him that made him so nervous.

I still wasn't sure about releasing an official statement was truely a good idea and the only way out.  There were already tonnes of broken hearts on the floor and I really didn't know if it was a good move to add salt to the wounds.  But how could I fight against TOP and his four loving brothers.  It was like they somehow discussed it beforehand or the backup plan was there all along.  They all seemed so determined and strongly believed that this was the best choice they could have to tackle the problem.  After all, this was their career on the line, I figured they would not take the risk if they didn't have what it took to win.  Not to mention, I never won over TOP in any discussion or arguement.  He somehow had the power over me that made me gave in all the time, whether I liked it or not.

Fans' discussions on our relationship all over the world had gone furiously online and it already accumulated nearly 200,000 comments within two days.  With no luck at all, I was obviously the attack target.  Many called me names and threatened to throw eggs and garbage at me if they saw me on the street.  TOP urged me not to go online and read those comments; but I was just too curious to not read them.  Not all were bad comments though, there were a few supportive comments from time to time.  I was not too upset about the comments and threats though, since I was somehow prepared for this mentally.

YG Entertainment would release an official statement today to address the scandal, rumor, news, whatever people liked to call it.  Two days after the pictures surfaced.  TOP would release his personal statement shortly after.  Mr. Yang was very kind that he sent me the draft statement for my comment.  But then, it was a simple statement that no one would have comment on it.

I stayed home since we got back from Paris and hadn't set foot outside for 3 days now.  Lucky that I had Suzie.  She helped me to get some groceries, so that I wouldn't starve to death.  I didn't see TOP since we came back, since Mr. Yang thought we should at least make ourselves invisible until the statement was released.

TOP called me a few times since this morning, to make sure I wouldn't panick and flee the country.  I asked him to share with me his personal statement but he just pretended he didn't hear me at all.  I wouldn't deny that I was a little worry about the plan since the meeting at YG's office.  But I was all calm and ready for it after the decision had been made.  But then, now that the d-day was finally here and TOP just wouldn't tell me what he was to say in his statement, I couldn't help but panick.

"Would you just tell me the detail of your statement?  What's so secret about it?  I'm going to know anyway."  I asked impatiently.

"Then just wait until it's released.  What's the rush?"  TOP answered from the other end of the phone.

I let out a heavy sigh and said, "You are not planning to throw any bombs, are you?"

He laughed out loud, "What bomb?  Marriage?  Pregnancy?  Although I would want both and will eventually happen but we are not there yet.  So, you really don't have to worry."

"Oh God, just tell me, will you?"

"Baby, you'll know in a couple hours.  Be patient!"  He said in a gentle tone.

Once again, he WON.  All I could do was to wait a couple more hours.  These couple hours were a real torture.  My phone buzzed.  YG had finally released the official statement.

 

YG Entertainment CONFIRMED TOP's dating rumors

(... Regarding the recent photos and rumors about TOP dating his co-worker, who has appeared in BigBang's recent tv commercial, YG Entertainment has confirmed with TOP in person that the two really are in a relationship.  TOP will later on release his personal statement on the issue.)

 

The Web feeds and comments flooded the internet within minutes after the statement was released.  Headlines with TOP's name all over the internet.

 

Naver News Feeds:
[YG confirmed TOP's dating rumors]
[YG confirmed TOP's in love]
[It's confirmed.  TOP is in love with the girl in his tv commercial.]

 

I was nervous about TOP's personal statement and tried to call him; but he simply turned off his phone.  Even his Manager was not answering my calls.  I tried to call GD; but he didn't take my call as well.  Not even TaeYang, SeungRi or DaeSung.  What was it with these people?  Were they planning something behind my back?  Why were they not answering their phones?

My doorbell rang.  My heart jumped and somehow hoped that would be TOP.

"Suzie?  What are you doing here?"  I let her in.  She had her hands full with coffee and cake.

She panted as she said, "Just let me put these down."

I took the coffees from her hand and walked into the kitchen with her, "Why are you panting?"

Suzie threw herself on the chair and fanned her hand in front of her face, "TOP called me at last minute and asked me to come and stay by your side.  He ORDERED me to get you coffee and cake.  He said you must be worrying the whole day and you probably haven't eaten anything."  She deliberately stressed the word 'order' when she explained.  I couldn't help laughing softly and feeling happy inside.

"So, his personal statement's not out yet, right?  Coz TOP said he will kill me if I am not by your side when the statement is out."  Suzie took a sip of the coffee and looked at me.

"Why?  Why do I need someone by my side when the statement is released?  You guys are scaring me."

Suzie shrugged and said, "I don't know.  But he sounded relax and excited.  So, I guess the statement won't be that bad.  Don't worry."

I called TOP again and his phone was still off.  So, I texted him.

HR: [Choi SeungHyun, where are you?  Turn on your phone.]

HR: [Where are you?  Why do you have to turn off your phone?]

HR: [You are making me scared.  Where are you?]

HR: [Choi SeungHyun, if you are not calling me back in 60 seconds, I am so not talking to you.]

HR: [You have 30 seconds left.]

HR: [Times up.]

HR: [CHOI SEUNG HYUN, you are so going to regret this!]

HR: [Fine.  Don't turn on your phone.  Don't even bother to call me back later on.]

 

I held my phone in my hand tight and paced back and forth in the living room.  I started to panicked, badly.

Suzie sat in front of my MacBook and waited for the statement to be released.  The YG official statement was out an hour ago.  Comments almost hit 20,000.  TOP's personal statement should be out shortly after YG's.  But it was already an hour and still nothing yet.

"Lee HaeRin, would you stop pacing?  Just sit down, will you?"  Suzie commanded.

I glanced at her and kept pacing.  She let out a heavy sigh and said, "Why are you so worried?  Are you pregnant?"

"What did you just say?"  I looked at her with my eyes wide-opened.

She laughed out loud and said, "Well, if not, why are you so worried?  How bad could it be?"

"I don't know.  I mean, if it's just a normal statement, why hide it from me?  Why is he not picking up?  God, I'm so gonna kill him when this is over."  I groaned.

Suzie laughed at me and said, "Just relax.  But then, you really are not pregnant, are you?"

"SUZIE!"  I shouted.

She shrugged with a smile, "Just checking!"

"Here!  It's out!"  Suzie shouted.  My heart almost jumped out from my mouth.  I quickly sat down beside Suzie and looked at the monitor.

Choi SeungHyun, TOP admitted he is currently dating someone

"This is TOP, Choi SeungHyun, from BigBang.  First of all, I would like to apologize for causing anyone any trouble in the past few days.  And I would also like to take

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter