Enemy In The Building

The Unreachable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HaeRin's POV

I watched BigBang and 2NE1 walked away to the private box with Mr. Yang and couldn't help thinking about what Suzie warned me.  I turned to Suzie and said, "Suzie, tell me!"

"Tell you what?"  Suzie asked.

"Everything you know.  You warned me just now.  What do you know?"  I asked.

She glanced at TOP and said, "You don't know?  He didn't tell you?"

I gazed her in the eyes and asked, "Who?  Tell me what?"  She looked at me and hesitated.

"Suzie."

She sighed, "You really don't follow anything with kpop."

"Suzie, cut to the point."

She let out a heavy sigh and said, "You didn't know anything between TOP and Park Bom?"  I gasped at her words and my heart skipped a beat.  She pulled me aside to the end of the bar table.

"Their history goes way back when BigBang debuted in 2006.  You were in US then.  Maybe that's why you didn't know."  Suzie said with her brows drew together.

My heart started to beat faster and faster as if it was about to jump out from my mouth.

Suzie continued, "Park Bom featured in a few songs in BigBang's EPs.  So, she had a lot of chances working together with TOP.  But TOP had a girl-friend at that time.  So, nothing happened then.  But then, GD and TOP did a project album in 2010.  Park Bom was featured in the album again.  This time, Park Bom flirted with TOP and they dated for a while.  Although no public announcement was made but some close VIPs knew about it."

I gasped and was speechless somehow.  Although it was already a few years ago, I still felt upset about it.  Judging from Park Bom's attitude towards me today, this seemed to be true that TOP did date her years ago.  My heart pounded super hard.  I didn't know why I was upset about it.  After all, TOP was mine now.  MINE.  MINE?  I felt a sharp pain in my heart.  I took a deep breath to calm myself.  What happened in the past was the past.  I shouldn't be upset because of her.  I was TOP's girl-friend, not her.

*  *  *

TaeYang's POV

SeungRi and I knew this would happen.  We warned Hyeong about it but he somehow didn't think it would be a problem.  But for what I saw just now, the problem was already here.  SeungRi and I decided to keep an eye on HaeRin tonight and make sure she didn't get a chance to bump into Bommie Nuna.  I wanted to talk to Hyeong but just didn't get a chance since Nuna stayed close to him.  A few times, I signaled Hyeong to come and sit with us; but he just couldn't pick up what I meant.  Hyeong really was a 'bingu' sometimes.

HaeRin and Suzie finally came into our private box.  I walked over to her immediately.

"HaeRin."

She looked at me and smiled, "Hi there.  You look handsome today."

I smiled and said, "And you look drop dead gorgeous tonight!"  She giggled.  I pulled her aside to sit down.  I found a spot that she somehow couldn't see Hyeong and Nuna.

"The party is great.  You must have worked very hard for it."

She smiled, "We all worked hard for it.  I'm glad that you think the party is great.  Go play.  You don't have to sit with me."

"I like to sit with you."

SeungRi walked over to us, "Nuna, come give me a hug!"

"You are drunk already?"  I asked.  He threw me a glare and said to HaeRin, "Nunaaaaa...."

HaeRin smiled and stood up to hug him.  SeungRi hugged her tight and said, "Nuna, didn't you say I was the lucky guy?"

HaeRin pulled herself away from SeungRi and asked, "Hmm?"

SeungRi pulled her down to the sofa and said, "I asked you last time who was the lucky guy.  And you said the lucky guy was me, not TOP Hyeong or JiYong Hyeong.  Didn't you say that?"

HaeRin giggled.  I asked, "What are you talking about?"

SeungRi, "How can you secretly date TOP Hyeong after you said I was the lucky guy?"

HaeRin looked at SeungRi with open-eyes, "Who told you?  TOP?"

I laughed softly, "We made him."  She turned to look at me, "He didn't mention anything about it to me.  When did he tell you guys?  Does JiYong Ssi know about it as well?"

"No.  Only us."  SeungRi said.   HaeRin looked relieved.  She really did care about JiYong, as a true friend.

"Don't worry.  JiYong doesn't know yet.  Hyeong said you wanted to tell him yourself.   We didn't tell anybody.  But, I think Mr. Yang knows about it though."

She turned to me and said, "I figured, by the way he looked at me just now."

Bommie Nuna walked over to us suddenly.  I wanted so much to drag HaeRin away from there; but it seemed not possible.

"Why are you three sitting here?"  Bommie Nuna asked.

HaeRin looked up at her at once and I realized her smile was gone.

SeungRi stood up and threw his arm on Bommie Nuna's shoulder, "Nuna, let's go dance."  Bommie Nuna pushed away SeungRi's arm and said, "I don't want to dance tonight.  Even if I want to, I would ask TOP to dance with me."

I glanced at HaeRin and she lowered her head and held her fists tight.  I signaled SeungRi to drag Nuna away.

"Nuna, one dance?  For SeungRi?"  SeungRi begged with his cute smile.  Nuna brushed his cheek and said, "Our SeungRi is really cute.  HaeRin Ssi, do you know every member in BigBang has their own characteristics?"

HaeRin looked up at her and smiled, "Of course.  That's how a band should be like."

"SeungRi is cute.  DaeSung is kind.  TaeYang is sincere.  GD is stylish.  And MY TOP is y."  Bommie Nuna smirked.

I spotted that HaeRin's hands were shaking.  I took her hand and dragged her up, "HaeRin, dance with me!"

I dragged HaeRin out to the dance floor.  I glanced at Hyeong and he was talking to JiYong and didn't notice anything.  HaeRin and I walked to the other side of the dance floor.  I held on to her hand and didn't let go since she was still shaking.

"HaeRin, are you alright?"  I asked.

She looked up at me and forced herself to smile, "Umm..."

"Bommie Nuna...  I mean..."

HaeRin gazed at me in the eyes and waited for me to say it.  But I just couldn't.

"Tell me!"  She said softly.

"What?"

"What you know!"

I could feel that she fought so hard to hold back her tears.  I took a deep breath and said, "What I know?  About what?"

She let go of my hand and said, "It's OK.  I understand.  Suzie told me already anyway."  She turned around and walked away.

What did Suzie tell her?  What did Suzie know?

*  *  *

TOP's POV

I searched around and couldn't find HaeRin anywhere.  I saw TaeYang came back into the private box and I walked over to him.

"YoungBae, have you seen HaeRin?   I was looking for her the whole time."

He looked at me and let out a long sigh.

"What?"

He shook his head and said, "Hyeong, didn't we warn you about Bommie Nuna?"

I turned to glance at Nuna and said, "What about her?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter