Lie

The Unreachable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

HaeRin's POV

TOP's driver came to pick us up since TOP was a little drunk.  He squeezed my hand tight on the way to my place and stared out of the window.  We didn't talk at all.  The whole atmosphere was so weird that made me worried a little.  A couple times I wanted to ask him if anything happened; but it was either he looked away or he closed his eyes to rest which gave me no chance to open a dialogue, so I held my silence.

TOP didn't stay at my place, nor walked me to my door.  He kissed me goodbye on the CHEEK and closed his eyes to rest again.  I went upstairs alone with thousands of questions in my head.

I still had stomach cramp the next morning when I woke up.  Probably because I didn't eat much last night and couldn't get my mind off from the way TOP acted.  The stomach pain was even worse than yesterday.  I curled my legs up to a fetal position on the bed and had sweat all over my forehead.  I reached out to my phone on the bed-side table and wanted to call TOP.

It was 7 a.m. in the morning and I hesitated.  Probably too early to wake him up.  I pulled a pillow close to my stomach and hugged it tight, hoping it would ease off a bit of my pain.  But it just didn't work.

Beep~  Beep~

GD: [Morning Sis!  How's your stomach?  You didn't look too good last night.  Anyway, me just left studio and now heading home.  Just wanna see if you are alright!]

I texted him back without thinking twice.

HR: [Can you come over?  My stomach pain is getting worse.]

30 seconds later, he called me back.

"Girl, what happened?  Stomach cramps again?"  GD sounded very worried.

I took a deep breath and said, "Umm...  I can't get up."

"OMG!  Wait for me!  I'm be there in 20 mins.  What's your passcode?"

"My birthday."

"OK!  Hang in there."

"Umm...  Thanks!"

*  *  *

GD's POV

I went to the studio after dinner last night since I suddenly had this awesome melody in my head that I needed to work on it further before it slipped away.  I stayed up overnight and finally finished it.  I suddenly thought of HaeRin on my way home.  She didn't look pretty well last night and didn't eat much.  I was somehow worried, so I texted her.

My heart skipped a beat when I saw her reply.  I immediately asked my driver to take me to her place.

This was the first time I went to HaeRin's place.  The interior design of her apartment was simple.  Walls painted in white.  Furnitures were in black and white as well.  She had a huge white bookcase full of all kinds of books and cds in the living room.  Right next to her LED TV stood a 1000% Ironman Mark 42 Be@rbrick.  Must be a gift from TOP Hyeong.

"HaeRin?  Where are you?."  I called out in the living room.

"I'm...  here."  HaeRin said with her weak voice.

I pushed opened her bedroom door and found HaeRin laid on her side hugging a pillow close to her stomach.  I quickly stepped up to her and crouched down beside the bed, "Girl, how are you feeling?  OMG!  You are sweating like hell."

I brushed off the sweat on her forehead and grabbed her by the arms to pull her up, "Let me take you to the hospital.  Where are your clothes?  Let's get you changed first."

She grabbed my hand and said, "How can... G... Dragon... take MEEE... to the hos-pi-tal?"

"Girl, you can't even complete a sentence properly and you are worrying about G-Dragon taking you to the hospital?  My goodness!  Did you call Hyeong?  Shoot!  I should have called him on the way here.  Damn!  I totally didn't think about that.  Let me call him now!"

She stopped me from taking about my phone and said, "If you happen to havvve... a doctor that you can callll, please ask himmm... to come over."

"OK.  OK.   Let me call him now."  I immediately called my doctor and asked him to come over right away.

I stayed by HaeRin's bedside while waiting for the doctor.  Dr. Han arrived within 30 minutes.

"Miss Lee, I suggest you have a gastrocopy to make sure everything's OK.  I can help arrange for it if you agree.  For the time being, I believe the cramps are due to gastritis.  I'll give you some medicine to ease off your pain.  No alcohol, coffee, carbonated drinks.  Avoid too hot and too cold foods and drinks.  If the cramps persist, I will refer you to see a specialist."  Dr. Han said.

HaeRin put up a weak smile and said to Dr. Han, "Thank you.  I actually did a gastrocopy six months ago.  Everything's fine.  The doctor said the cramps probably caused by stress."

"Stress?  Are you stressed lately?" I was a little over-reacted and somehow forgotten the doctor was still here.

HaeRin glanced at me and I turned to Dr. Han, "Dr. Han, thanks a lot for coming.  Really appreciate this."

Dr. Han patted on my shoulder and smiled, "You are welcome, JiYong.  Just let me know if the pain doesn't go away.  OK?"

HaeRin nodded with a smile and thanked Dr. Han again.

I walked Dr. Han out and got HaeRin some water for her medicine, "Here.  Take your medicine first."

I took out my phone and wanted to make a call, but HaeRin grabbed my hand immediately and asked, "Who are you calling?"

I sat down beside her and gazed her in the eyes, "Girl, what happened?  Why didn't you call Hyeong and asked me to come over?  How come you don't want me to call him either?  Anything happened between you two?  You said your doctor said the stomach cramps probably caused by stress.  What kind of stress you are having?  Do you have stomach cramps often lately?  Does Hyeong knows about this?"

She lowered her head and stared at the glass in her hands.  I took her glass away and held onto her hands, "Tell me.  What happened?"

She shook her head and mumbled, "Nothing."

I let out a sigh, "There must be something.  You are sick.  You should call your boyfriend.  Not me."

"I didn't call you.  You called me, remember?"  She said softly.

I let out a soft laugh and said, "OK!  I called you first.  Now, may I call your boyfriend to come and take care of you?  I really want to go home and sleep."

"No.  He had recording over..."  She didn't finish her sentence.

"Over what?"

She shook her head and laid down on her side, "I feel better now.  Thanks for coming over.  Lock the door when you leave, OK?"

I just didn't know what to do with her.  I decided to leave and call Hyeong on the way, "Alright!  I'll call Suzie and tell her you are sick today, OK?"

She kept her eyes shut and slightly nodded her head.  I patted her on the head and tucked her in, "Call me if you need anything.  No.  Call your boyfriend if you need anything."  She didn't reply me on this one.

I called Hyeong once I stepped out of HaeRi's house; but he didn't pick up.  I called again a few time in the car and he finally picked up at the nth call.

"What is it?"  He was still in bed.

"Your girlfriend is sick and you are still sleeping?"  I said in a flat tone.

"HaeRin's sick?  How do you know?"

I hesitated and said, "I texted her earlier and she said she's having stomach cramps.  I figure she may not call you, so I called.  Get up and go check on her."  I decided not to tell him I went to HaeRin's house earlier since I didn't want to stir up any misunderstanding between them.

"I will!  JiYong, thanks!"

"Just go.  Quickly!"  I texted HaeRin right away to let her know that I called Hyeong and reminded her not to tell him I went to her place.  Hopefully, she was not asleep and got my message.

*  *  *

TOP's POV

HaeRin w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter