The Unreachable

The Unreachable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HaeRin's POV

I didn't know when TOP sat beside me and how I ended up sleeping on his shoulder.  For what I remembered, he was sitting at least 6 feet away from me before I fell asleep.  My heart was pounding hard when I woke up with my head leaned on his shoulder.

I was surprised he offered to take me home as well.   I didn't know if I should accept his offer in the first place; but then like SeungRi said, it was not safe to go home alone at this hour.   So, I might as well said yes.

We didn't talk much in the van though.  He was quiet as usual.  I could feel that he looked at me sometimes, but I dared not turn my head to look back at him.  I didn't know why but I blushed almost every single time when our eyes met.

"You live alone?"  TOP asked me softly.

I nodded, "My parents live in Japan."

He asked me if my neighbourhood was safe and reminded me to be careful when I returned home late at night.  I kind of surprised that he seemed to care about me, a little.

"I wanted to call you but..."  He suddenly said but hesitated to finish his sentence.

"But?"  I wondered why he wanted to call me.

He smiled shyly and blushed a little, "Well, it was nothing important.  I just wanna call you."  TOP was blushing.  How cute?

"Why didn't you call then?"  Totally out of my curiosity, I had to ask.

He looked straight ahead and said softly, "I didn't know if you would want to talk. And I was busy the past two weeks."

He muttered in his deep husky voice, I actually didn't hear him clearly.   I wondered why he seemed a bit shy in front of me.

*  *  *

TOP's POV

I didn't know why I blushed all of a sudden.  It was quite unusual.  I was not like that in front of all those dancers or the other girl groups.  I couldn't believe I blushed in front of her.  She must find me pretty lame.

"How's the movie going?  Everything alright?"  HaeRin asked.

I looked up at her and said, "Things are OK.  We started filming last week.  That's why I arrived late."

She nodded her head, "I see.  You should go home and rest.  I should have taken a cap home myself."

"No.  It's alright.  I'm not tired at all."  I put up a big smile and had my eyes wide-opened, wanted to show her that I was not tired.

She giggled a little and reached out her hand to touch my hair. 

"You have something in your hair."    This was the first time we were this close.  Face to face.  She was actually very pretty, especially her big watery eyes.  And her lips.  I had a sudden desire to kiss her.  But I dared not do so.

We arrived.  I got off the van with her and wanted to walk her to her door.  But, again, she insisted she was OK to go upstairs on her own.

"I promised JiYong.  He'll kill me if he knows I didn't walk you to your door."  I didn't want to back down this time.

She pouted and nodded her head, "Alright!  But you guys are treating me like a baby.  I'm actually quite independant, you know?  I went to the State to study since I was 16..."

She was talking to me while walking backwards in her heels and she suddenly tripped on the landscaping rocks.  I grabbed her hand before she fell.  My other hand was on her waist and tugged her close to myself.  I could feel that both of our hearts were beating very fast.  

"You are blushing again!"  I teased and she blushed even harder.  She pulled away and wanted to leave.  

"Ouch!"  She cried in pain.

I took a step forward and grabbed her arm to help her stand, "You twisted your ankle?"

She nodded her head with a pout.   I picked her up without another word and walked into the building.

"Ya...  Put me down!  People might see us."  

I furrowed my brows and gave her a sharp stare to tell her to keep her silence and stop kicking her legs.  

*  *  *

HaeRin's POV

It was probably the most embarrassing thing ever happened to me in my whole life so far.  How could I trip myself in front of TOP?  God, I wanted so much to dig a hole and hide myself in it.  He pulled me close to himself, as if he was hugging me.  I could actually hear my own heartbeat.  

TOP then picked me up and took me upstairs since I twisted my ankle.  God, I needed to throw away all my heels and buy some flats.  It was so damn embarrassing.

He put me down on the couch and walked over to the fridge, "You have ice, right?  Where can I get a towel?"

"I have an ice-pad in the freezer.  The bottom drawer."  I put my foot on the couch and gently massaged my ankle.

TOP walked over to me with the ice-pad in his hand.  He crouched down in front of me and grabbed my foot.  I pulled away and said, "I'll do it myself."

He slapped my hand and put the ice-pad on my ankle, "Just sit and don't move."

I looked at him with a pout.  He was so gentle and careful, as if he would break me if he held too tight.  I leaned forward and grabbed his hand, "Have a seat.  I can hold it myself."

He looked up at me and sat down beside me without leaving his hands from my foot, "Feeling better?  If you find it still swollen tomorrow, you need to go see the doctor."

I nodded.

"Will you be able to take care yourself tonight?  Anything you need to get?  Let me get it for you.  Maybe you should go take a shower first.  I can wait until you are done.  I'll leave after you go to bed."  He said while examining my foot.

I didn't know what had gotten into me.  The warmth in his words watered my eyes.  

I had been living alone for quite some time.  I went back to this empty house everyday.  Even though I was scared to commit myself in a relationship again, I at one point wanted to have someone who would truly care about me and share with me my happiness and worries.  Yet, there was only me and myself.

It somehow felt so good to have TOP with me; but deep down, I believed he would not be that someone for me.

*  *  *

TOP's POV

I looked up at HaeRin and found her had tears wobbled in her eyes.  My heart sunk instantly.  

I gently brushed her cheek and asked, "What is it?  Does your ankle hurt that bad?  Should we go see the doctor now?"

She shook her head and a tear fell down to her cheek.  I brushed it off and pulled her close to me, "Shh...  What is it?"

She put her head on my shoulder and sobbed, "I'm sorry.  But, can I borrow your shoulder for 2 minutes?"

I smiled, "You can borrow it as long as you need."  I gently her hair and hugged her tight.

She didn't cry out loud

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter