Elixir

The Unreachable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HaeRin's POV

TOP made me feel that it might be time for me to step out from my own cage and I should at least trust him for once.   That I should give it a try and give both of us a chance we both deserved.  He somehow gave me the courage I needed all along.

To be honest, I was still a little bit afraid to take a step further since I wasn't sure if I was really ready for it yet.  Not to mention TOP was not just anyone.  To have a relationship with a celebrity would never be easy.  Teenage girls fancied about romancing their idol.  Everything was so enchanted in fantasies while things was actually the total opposite in reality.  But I was way passed the age to fantasize myself as a princess falling in love with a prince.

I knew so well how things would be like and where this relationship would go.   We could never date like normal people.  We would not be able to go out hand in hand to the movies, shopping or even dinner.  We might not be able to see each other often while he was on tour or shooting a movie.  We might not be able to be together during important dates like birthdays, anniversaries or Christmas.  He might not be able to stay with me when I was sick.  I had all these pictures in my head and knew so well what dating a celebrity would be like.  But knowing so was one thing.   Being able to live with it was another.   To be frank, I wasn't sure if I really could handle it.  I was worried that I would ask for more when we got closer to each other and somehow became a burden to him.  I would hate myself if things turned that way.

I lay on my bed and just could not sleep since I had lots in mind.  My phone suddenly buzzed.  I reached out to the bed-side table to grab my phone.

TOP: [Girl, sleep tight!  Will call you later when I have my break.]   He texted me with this picture of himself winking.

Just when I was about to reply him.  Another text came in.

TOP: [Lee Hae Rin, I MISS you already!  ♡ ♡ ]  I smiled as I read his text.  Another one came in again.

TOP: [Dream about ME! ]

HaeRin: [Kind of difficult to dream about anything since you keep texting me! :p]  I giggled and texted him back.

TOP: [Oh, sorry!  In this case, why don't we just chat for a while, until I arrive at the site?]

HaeRin: [You are not tired?  You should just take a nap in the car.]

TOP: [I just had my LHR Elixir.  Full of energy right now!]

HaeRin: [??]

TOP: [Dumb Dumb HaeRin...  LHR Elixir = Lee Hae Rin!  ^o^]

HaeRin: [Arh...  My bite?!   If you need a booster, just let me know.   haha... ]

TOP: [ >.< ] 

TOP: [The bite mark is still here, you know?  Lucky that it's on my shoulder.]

HaeRin: [Well, I chose the spot well.]

TOP: [Lee HarRin, I have a feeling that I may not be able to focus on the shooting today.  What am I to do?]

HaeRin: [Don't say it's because of me!  I am not taking responsibility for that.  :P]

TOP: [ >.< ]

HaeRin: [Just be careful on set!  Don't get hurt!]

TOP: [Yes, Ma'am!  Will take care of myself!]

TOP: [I'm there.  Talk to you later!  Kiss kiss... ♡ ]

HaeRin: [Bye~]

*  *  *

TOP's POV

I was totally excited since HaeRin finally agreed to give us a chance.  To give me a chance.  I was so happy that I could hardly concentrate on site though since all I had in mind was HaeRin.  This was also one of the reasons why I hadn't involved in any serious relationship these years.  I was the kind of person who would put all my thoughts and attention to my girl-friend and sometimes couldn't really focus at work when I was in love.  This was definitely a habit that I really needed to get rid of.

I somehow managed to focus myself to the shooting but still couldn't help checking on my phone for messages and calls whenever I had my break.  Unfortunately, HaeRin never texted or called.  I wanted to text her but was afraid she was still in bed since she didn't really sleep last night.

It was almost 8p.m.  I finally finished today's shooting.  I called HaeRin immediately, but she didn't pick up.

"SeungHyun, where do you want to go for dinner?  Or you want to go home?"  My Manager asked.

I looked up at him and hesitated.  He leaned close to me and whispered, "You are thinking of going to HaeRin Ssi's place again, aren't you?"

I looked up at him instantly.  He continued, "I am not asking you not to.  Just want to remind you to be more careful.  Not only for your own good.  For HaeRin Ssi's as well."

I smiled, "Umm...  Thanks, Hyeong."

My phone rang.  It was HaeRin.  I turned to Hyeong and gestured him to wait for me outside while I took the call.  He shook his head with a smile and left.

"HaeRin?"

HaeRin said, "You called?  I didn't notice my phone rang.  Sorry!"

"It's OK.  I am done here.  Where are you?  Home?  Let's have dinner together."

She hesitated, "I am not at home.  You didn't call and I thought the shooting took longer than expected.  I dare not bother you, so I didn't text you either."

I wouldn't deny that I was a little bit disappointed.  I didn't reply her immediately.  She continued, "I am sorry.  I should have texted you.  Sorry!"

"It's OK.  Where are you now?  I can come pick you up."  I said.

She hesitated again.  And I heard a familiar voice behind her.  I gritted my teeth and waited for her answer.

She said, "I am with JiYong Ssi now.  But I can leave.  Where do you want to meet?  Or you want to go home and rest instead?"

I didn't ask her why she was with JiYong.  Instead, I pretended nothing happened and suggested to meet at her place.  She agreed and said she would head home right away.

I sat there for a few minutes like a statue.  I was a little bit angry.  I waited for her call and text the whole day, but she never called nor texted me.  Instead, she went out with another guy who she knew had feelings for her, after she agreed to give us a try.  I really didn't know what she was thinking and couldn't help being upset about it.

HaeRin arrived home just a few minutes before I got there.  I could feel that she was trying to figure me out.  But I tried not to show it.

She made me tea and asked, "Are you hungry?  I don't have much ingredients in the fridge, but I can make some spaghetti if you want."  She said with a smile.  She looked at me with her beautiful eyes which made me lowered my guard and surrendered with both hands.

I nodded my head with a smile.  She went to the kitchen and took out the ingredients from the fridge.  I followed her to the kitchen.

She looked up at me and said,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter