The Culprit

~ Music Romance ~

 

I ran as fast as i could to her apartment. All I could hope that she was there, safe. That note. As I reach her door, I rang the bell countless time. Disappointed.

"Hey young man.." I could hear an old lady calling out for someone. I turn left to the next apartment. I point at myself, as if to ask who she was calling out to.

"Yes you. What are you? Deaf?" Woah. This lady is brutal. I walk closer to her.

"Are you looking for her?" I nod.

"Well, it's been two days I last saw her. I was wondering where could she be." I sigh at news. I bow at her and wanted to turn away to make my move.

"Wait. I'm not done yet." I pause my step and turn around.

"The other night, I could swore i saw a lady keeping and eye on her apartment. She was suspicious." A clue!

"How does this lady look like?" I took the lady's hand and grip it.

"Ow! Relax boy. Young people nowadays are so impatient. Mm.. Where was I? Ah.. The lady was beautiful but I never see her around before. Pretty much it." Great. Not much of a clue.

"Oh ya! And she dropped something. Wait for me. I go get it for you." The lady enters her apartment. After a few minutes of waiting, she return with something familiar in her hands. A bracelet. I took the bracelet and examine it. Something made my heart drop. No.. It can't be.. The initial Y&Y. It was a gift from me to Yuna on our 1st month anniversary.

I was unable to utter a word out.

"So do you know who is it?" I gave her a nod and thanked her. How could she do this?

.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

 

"My bracelet!" I could hear her cried out. It had woken me up. From the corner of my eyes, I could see Yuna was looking for the bracelet of hers all over the place. I couldn't be bothered by it. I was tired. My lips are dry. I was hungry despite were given food and water while being in captive.

"Yuna. What are you doing?" A familiar voice. I could hear it. A female voice for sure.

"My bracelet. It's gone!"

"Stop looking for it. You don't need it. With the money we gain, we could buy anything." Money? Did they ask for ransom?

"But that was a special gift from him."

"Stop it. You don't need him anymore."

"But Yo-"

"No buts! And I told you not to call me if there's nothing important. I dun wan anyone to be suspicious of me."

"I know.."

"Is she awake?"

"Nope. She's still asleep."

"Good. She shouldn't know." Who is this woman?

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------